Current Affairs 24th May 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
ONGC first Indian Exploration and Production firm to trade domestic gas on Indian Gas Exchange
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (ONGC) has become the first Exploration and Production (E&P) company in India to trade domestic gas on Indian Gas Exchange.
- The first online trade was made on 23 May 2022 by Anurag Sharma (ONGC Director (Onshore) In-charge Marketing) on India’s first automated national level Gas Exchange, IGX.
- The gas exchanged came from the ONGC Krishna Godavari 98/2 block, but did not identify the quantity sold. ONGC has geared itself to reap the benefits of the liberalization of the gas price ecosystem in 2000-21.
About Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC):
- Founded: 14 August 1956
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- Chairman & Managing Director: Alka Mittal
Delhi government inducted two robots in their firefighting fleet
- Delhi Government has undertaken a unique initiative of using robots for extinguishing fires in the city.
- By inducting the two robots into Delhi’s firefighting fleets, the fire fighters would be able to extinguish fires easily in narrow streets, warehouses, basements, stairs, forests and enter places like oil and chemical tankers and factories.
- These remote-controlled firefighting robots will have greater accessibility to places and will be able to navigate narrow lanes, reach spaces inaccessible to humans and perform tasks too risky for people.
- These robots will also be capable of releasing high water pressure at the rate of 2,400 litres per minute.
- Chief Minister: Arvind Kejriwal
- Governor: Vinai Kumar Saxena
- Chief Secretary: Naresh Kumar
Uttarakhand Govt signed MoU with BPCL for renewable energy projects
- Uttarakhand Government signed an MoU with Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) for the development of new and renewable energy projects in the state.
- The MoU intends to take forward Uttarakhand by balancing both in the field of renewable energy and ecological economy.
- The MoU would lead to progress in the field of renewable energy, especially Solar Energy in the Hilly State. Along with this MoU, the investment procedures are simplified.
About Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman & Managing Director: Arun Kumar Singh
Maharashtra signed MoUs worth Rs 30,000 crores with 23 companies at WEF in Davos
- Maharashtra Government has signed MoUs worth 30,000 crore rupees with 23 companies from different parts of the world at the World Economic Forum in Davos.
- Maharashtra Industries Minister Subhash Desai and other ministers from Maharashtra Cabinet were in Davos to attract investment opportunities. More than 55% of investment would come from Singapore, Indonesia, USA, and Japan.
- Microsoft will set up its Data Centre in Pune with an investment of 3,200 crore rupees.
About World Economic Forum (WEF):
- Founded: January 1971
- Founder & Executive Chairman: Klaus Schwab
- Headquarters: Cologny, Switzerland
Banking and Financial
RBI constituted committee to review customer service standards at banks, NBFCs; headed by B.P. Kanungo
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) under the chairmanship of Former Deputy Governor B.P. Kanungo has constituted a committee to review Customer Service Standards in RBI Regulated Entities (REs) and for examining and reviewing the state of customer service in the REs and adequacy of customer service regulations.
- The mandate of the committee is also to suggest measures to improve customer service. The Committee will submit its report within three months from the date of its first meeting.
- The members of the committee include A. K. Goel, Chairman IBA and MD & CEO, PNB; A. S. Ramasastri, former Director, IDRBT; Amitha Sehgal, Secretary, All India Bank Depositors Association (AIBDA); Rajeshri N. Varhadi, Professor, Department of Law, University of Mumbai and Anil Kumar Sharma, Executive Director, RBI.
- Chief General Manager, Consumer Education and Protection Department, Central Office, Reserve Bank of India will be the member secretary of the Committee.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- SEBI reconstituted its advisory committee for leveraging regulatory and technology solutions: Sunil Bajpai
- SEBI reconstituted 21 members Market Data Advisory Committee (MDAC): M S Sahoo
- SEBI restructured Secondary Market Advisory Committee (SMAC): Gurumoorthy Mahalingam
- SC appointed panel for recovery of money from NSEL defaulters: Pradeep Nandrajog
- SEBI constituted Advisory Committee for ESG-related matters: Navneet Munot
SBI launched Real Time Xpress Credit on YONO platform
- State Bank of India (SBI) has announced the launch of Real Time Xpress Credit on its YONO platform which allows eligible customers to get personal loans of up to ₹35 lakh.
- It is a flagship personal loan product for salaried customers (Xpress Credit), now has a digital avatar and customers can now avail of it through YONO.
- Under Real Time Xpress Credit, central, state government and defence salaried customers of SBI will no longer be required to visit the branch for availing a personal loan. It would be a 100% paperless and digital experience and an end-to-end eight step journey.
About State Bank of India (SBI):
- Founded: 1 July 1955
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairman: Dinesh Kumar Khara
HDFC Bank and Retailio launched co-branded credit cards for chemists, pharmacies
- HDFC Bank partnered with Retailio to launch a new range of co-branded credit cards primarily targeted at chemists and pharmacies in the merchant segment.
- Retailio is the country’s largest B2B pharma marketplace. The co-branded credit card offers up to 50 days of Interest-free credit period, cashbacks on tax payments, reward points, and 5% Cashback on all Business essentials.
- The card also offers no-cost and low-cost EMI options for all customers on their credit card along with term loan eligibility for business purposes.
About HDFC Bank:
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: August 1994
- CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Chairman: Atanu Chakraborty
- Tagline: We understand your world
Tata Capital introduced digital loan against shares facility
- Tata Capital Ltd has launched ‘Loan Against Shares’ an end-to-end integrated digital financial offering.
- Customers can avail loans up to ₹5 crores by simply pledging their dematerialised shares online, facilitated by NSDL.
- The entire process, after the required approvals by the respective Depository Participant, is completed in the same day.
- The loan amount is customized based on the value of shares in the portfolio of the customer, as per the statement shared by the firm.
About Tata Capital:
- Founded: 2007
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- CEO: Rajiv Sabharwal
Appointment and Resignation
Vinai Kumar Saxena appointed as Lieutenant Governor of Delhi
- President Ram Nath Kovind accepted Anil Baijal’s resignation and appointed Vinai Kumar Saxena as the next Lieutenant Governor of Delhi.
- On May 18, Baijal had put in his papers citing personal reasons. The 1969-batch IAS officer was appointed as the 21st Lieutenant Governor of the Union territory in December 2016 after the sudden resignation of Najeeb Jung.
- Born on March 23, 1958, Saxena is currently the chairman of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC). He was appointed in the post in 2015.
Music Academy announced Sangita Kalanidhi awards 2020-22
- Music Academy has announced the Sangita Kalanidhi and other awards for various artistes from the years 2020-22.
- The Sangita Kalanidhi award will be given to: Renowned vocalist Neyveli R Santanagopalan (2020), eminent mridangam artiste Tiruvarur Bhakthavathsalam (2021) and violin duo Lalgudi GJR Krishnan and Vijayalakshmi (2022).
- The Music academy also announced other awards including Nritya Kalanidhi for three recipients in the dance segment. Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M K Stalin will give away the awards at a ceremony later.
Dr Jitendra Singh launched single national portal ‘BioRRAP’ for Biotech researchers and Start-Ups
- Union Minister of State (IC) Ministry of Science and Technology Dr Jitendra Singh has launched Single National Portal for Biotech researchers and Start-ups.
- The Biological Research Regulatory Approval Portal (BioRRAP)will cater to all those seeking regulatory approval for biological research & development activity in the country.
- The Portal will also allow stakeholders to see the approvals accorded against a particular application through a unique BioRRAP ID. India will figure among the top 5 countries of the world by 2025 in Global Bio-manufacturing Hub.
Haryana won Hockey India Sub-Junior Women National Championship in Imphal
- Haryana Hockey team has emerged as the winners of the Hockey India sub-junior women’s national championship 2022 after defeating Hockey Jharkhand by 2-0 in the final in Imphal.
- Uttar Pradesh Hockey has defeated Madhya Pradesh Hockey by 3-0 to secure third place in the tournament.
- Pushpanjali Sonkar, Manisha Patel, and Purnima Yadav scored a goal each to help Uttar Pradesh Hockey seal third place in the competition for the second consecutive time.
23 May: World Turtle Day
- World Turtle Day is observed on May 23 every year by American Tortoise Rescue, a non-profit organization.
- The day is celebrated to raise awareness among people to protect turtles and tortoises and their disappearing habitats around the world. Tortoises and turtles play an important role in the ecological design of Earth.
- American Tortoise Rescue (ATR), a non-profit organisation was established in 1990 and it started marking World Turtle Day in 2001. This is the 22nd International World Turtle Day that they are celebrating.
- Theme 2022: “Shellebrate”.
24 May 2022: Indian Commonwealth Day
- Commonwealth Day is traditionally commemorated on the second Monday of March in most of the 54 countries of the Commonwealth, with the British queen delivering a speech on the radio. However, India and a few other countries celebrate it on May 24.
- Commonwealth Day was earlier known as Empire Day. Empire Day was first observed in 1901, following the death of Queen Victoria on January 22, 1901. The inaugural Empire Day was observed on May 24, 1902, the late Queen’s birth anniversary.
- Empire Day was renamed Commonwealth Day in 1958. In 1973, the Royal Commonwealth Society proposed the day be changed, and the second Monday in March was selected by the Commonwealth Secretariat as the observance day.
- Theme 2022: ‘Delivering a Common Future’
8th International Day of Yoga will be celebrated in Mysuru, Karnataka on 21 June
- Union Ministry of Ayush has confirmed the observance of the 8th International Day of Yoga (IDY) on June 21 at Mysuru city, which is known as the cultural capital and major historic destination of Karnataka state.
- The Ministry of Ayush has written to the Chief Secretary of Karnataka P. Ravikumar regarding the matter and directed him to issue necessary directions to all the concerned to make arrangements for the successful organisation of the main event of IDY-2022.
- As the upcoming 8th IDY is falling in the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ year, this Ministry plans to observe IDY at 75 iconic sites across the country.
Veteran Communist leader Shivaji Patnaik passed away
- Veteran Communist leader and three-time Member of Parliament Shivaji Patnaik passed away. He was 93.
- Shivaji Patnaik is lauded as the founder of CPI (Marxist) in Odisha. Born on August 10, 1930, the veteran leader had joined the State student’s movement at the age of 17 when he was studying in Ravenshaw College.
- Patnaik had a crucial role in the formation of CPI(M) when the Communist party faced division in 1964. He remained the party secretary from 1971 to 1990. He was also elected to the Central Committee of the party.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs