Current Affairs 25th and 26th December 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Centre extended Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana till March 2022
- Under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana, the Centre is providing five-kilogram food grains per person per month free of cost to all beneficiaries covered under the National Food Security Act.
- The scheme is a food security welfare scheme that was envisaged by PM Modi to provide assistance and help mitigate the economic impact of COVID-19.
- The government will be incurring an expenditure of nearly two lakh 6000 crore rupees on Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana.
World Sangeet Tansen festival organized in Gwalior, MP
- In Madhya Pradesh, the 97th edition of the World Sangeet Tansen festival started in Gwalior.
- The festival will be organized till 30th December The stage of the program has been constructed on the theme of the Siddhanath temple situated in Omkareshwar.
Popular Festivals of Madhya Pradesh:
- Namaste Orchha
Tamil Nadu Government launched CM Dashboard monitoring system “CM Dashboard Tamil Nadu 360”
- Tamil Nadu government launched the Chief Minister (CM) Dashboard monitoring system, “CM Dashboard Tamil Nadu 360” in Chennai.
- It will enable CM to track all welfare schemes, including the status of their implementation, fund allocation, and the number of beneficiaries along with updates on the storage of water in dams and rainfall patterns.
About Tamil Nadu:
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief minister: K. Stalin
- Governor: N. Ravi
India and Maldives signed an MoU to launch pilot project on ‘pre-arrival customs data exchange’
- India and Maldives signed an MoU between the customs of two countries for the joint launch of a pilot project on ‘pre-arrival customs data exchange’ in a virtual ceremony.
- It was launched by Vivek Johri, Chairman Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC), and Abdulla Shareef, Commissioner General, Maldives Customs Service.
- This MoU helps in faster Export-Import (EXIM) clearances, fast-track customs payments, and help identify frauds.
- Capital: Male
- Currency: Rufiyaa
- President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
“2019 Anti-Doping Rule Violations (ADRVs) Report: India ranked 3rd; Russia topped
- World Anti Doping Agency (WADA) has published its latest report titled “2019 Anti-Doping Rule Violations (ADRVs) Report”, compiled based on decisions received by WADA before 31 January 2021.
- India ranked 3rd among dope violators in the world with 152 (17 percent of the world total) ADRVs.
- Bodybuilding (57), Weightlifting (25), and Athletics (20) have recorded more number of dope offenders in India. Russia tops the list with 167 ADRVs, followed by Italy with 157 ADRVs. Brazil (78) and Iran (70) have ranked 4th and 5th respectively.
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2021
- Global Drug Policy Index 2021: 18th
- Climate Change Performance Index 2022: 10th
- 2021 TRACE global Bribery Risk Rankings: 82nd
- World Talent Ranking report 2021: 56th
- Global Health Security Index 2021: 66th
- 5th Truecaller’s Global Spam & Scam Report 2021: 4th
- Hurun’s Global Unicorn Index 2021: 3rd
Banking and Financial
GoI signed 140 mn Euro loan agreement with KfW bank for energy reforms in MP
- The Government of India signed agreements with the German-based KfW Development bank a 140 million Euro reduced interest loan & a 2 million Euro grant for an energy reform program in Madhya Pradesh.
- The project consists of two components, implementation of Smart Meters & Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and separation of agriculture and non-agriculture feeders.
List of Loan approved by KfW recently
- GoI & KfW signed Euro 442.26 mn loan for Surat Metro Rail Project
- REC Ltd signed USD 169.5 million agreement with KfW Development Bank to finance Power Sector & RE projects
SEBI restructured its advisory committees on Secondary Markets, Mutual Funds, Corporate Bonds
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has restructured its 3 advisory committees that include the secondary market, mutual funds, corporate bonds and securitization, Information Systems.
Secondary Market Advisory Committee (SMAC):
- Member:17 Members
- Current Chairperson: Madhabi Puri Buch, ex-whole-time member of SEBI (earlier headed by Jayanth R Varma)
- New Members: SEBI rearranged the committee with Zerodha’s co-founder and chief executive officer Nithin Kamath as new inducted members of the panel
Advisory Committee on Mutual Funds:
- Chairperson: Usha Thorat, former deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
Corporate Bonds and Securitization Advisory Committee (CoBoSAC):
- Chairperson: G Mahalingam, former Whole Time Member, SEBI
Information Systems Security Committee (ISSC):
- Member:5 members
- Chairperson: Prof H Krishnamurthy, Principal Research Scientist, IISC Bangalore
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- ‘Central Vista Oversight Committee’ to expedite pace of project: Ratan P Watal
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment’s committee to review criteria for reservation for EWS: Ajay Bhushan Pandey
- NITI Aayog’s committee to formulate an action plan for Online Dispute Resolution (ODR): Arjan Kumar Sikri
- RBI’s advisory committee to assist RCL’s administrator Nageswar Rao: Sanjeev Nautiyal, Srinivasan Varadarajan, Praveen P Kadle
- Steering Committee for Advancing Local Value-Add and Exports (SCALE committee): Pawan Goenka
- SEBI set up Advisory Committee for Leveraging Regulatory and Technology Solutions (ALeRTS): Madhabi Puri Buch
- IFSCA set up committee for creating a framework for the transfer of stressed loans: G Padmanabhan
PM Modi transferred Rs 1000 Crore under DAY-NRLM to Bank Accounts of SHGs
- Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India addressed the gathering of women beneficiaries of several government scheme at Prayagraj district of Uttar Pradesh and transferred Rs 1000 crores into the bank accounts of the women Self Help Groups in UP.
- The amount was transferred under the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana- National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM).
- This will benefit around 16 lakh rural women in UP and make them self-reliant and financially independent.
- 80000 SHGs received a Community Investment Fund (CIF) of Rs 1.10 lakh per SHG and 60000 SHGs received a Revolving Fund of Rs 15000 per SHG.
RBI extended CoF Tokenisation deadline till June 2022
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) extended the card-on-file (CoF) tokenization deadline by 6 months i.e., to June 30, 2022. Earlier the deadline was fixed till December 31, 2021.
- In March 2020, RBI had issued guidelines for the regulation of payment aggregators and payment gateways, prohibiting payment aggregators and merchants to store customer card credentials within their database or server from 30 June 2021
- In September 2021, RBI extended the scope of tokenization from device-based tokenization to CoF tokenization services and barred merchants from storing actual card data while online transactions. RBI has fixed the deadline for card tokenization to January 1, 2022.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Founded: April 1, 1935
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao, T Rabi Sankar
BOB Financial and Indian Navy launched a co-branded credit card
- BOB Financial Solutions Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda, and the Indian Navy have launched a co-branded credit card for navy personnel.
- The credit card will be offered on the RuPay platform and will be equipped with contactless features.
- A navy personnel up to the age of 64 years will be eligible to choose from 3 variants of the co-branded credit card.
About Bank of Baroda (BoB):
- Founded: 20 July 1908
- Headquarters: Vadodara, Gujarat
- Managing Director & CEO: Sanjiv Chadha
- Tagline: India’s International Bank
- Amalgamated Banks: Dena Bank & Vijaya Bank in 2019
DRDO successfully conducted flight test of Indigenously developed HEAT Abhyas
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully conducted flight test of Indigenously developed High-speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT) ‘Abhyas’ from Integrated Test Range at Chandipur off Odisha coast.
- During its trial, high subsonic speed trajectory at a very low altitude with high endurance was demonstrated.
- It is Developed by Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), DRDO laboratory along with other laboratories.
Recent Tests by DRDO:
- Indigenously developed helicopter-launched stand-off anti-tank (SANT) missile
- Extended Range Pinaka rocket system (Pinaka-ER)
- Area Denial Munitions (ADM) and indigenously developed fuzes
- Air version of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from Sukhoi 30 MK-I aircraft
- Indigenously-developed Smart Anti-Airfield Weapon (SAAW)
Indian Navy decommissioned INS Khukri after 32 years of service
- INS Khukri (Pennant number 49), the first indigenously built Missile Corvette, was decommissioned after 32 years of service at Visakhapatnam.
- The warship was built by the Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders (MSD) and commissioned on 23rd August 1989 and had been part of both the Western and Eastern Fleets.
- The ship was commissioned in Mumbai by Shri Krishna Chandra Pant, the then Raksha Mantri and Mrs. Sudha Mulla, wife of late Capt Mahendra Nath Mulla. Commander (now Retired Vice Admiral) Sanjeev Bhasin was the first Commanding Officer.
About Indian Navy:
- Integrated Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- Chief of Naval Staff (CNS): Admiral R Hari Kumar
Bangladesh won SAFF U 19 Women’s Championship 2021 by defeating India
- Bangladesh Under-19 Women’s team won SAFF U-19 Women’s Football Championship in Dhaka, after defeating India by 1-0 at BSSS Mostafa Kamal Stadium, Dhaka in Bangladesh.
- 2021 SAFF U-19 Women’s Championship was the 2nd edition of the international football competition for women’s under-19 national teams organized by SAFF.
- Shaheda Akter Ripa of Bangladesh scored the maximum number of goals in the tournament. She received the ‘most valuable player’ award.
Harbhajan Singh announced retirement from all forms of cricket
- Senior Indian off-spinner, Harbhajan Singh announced retirement from all forms of cricket.
- Major boost in his international career was when he snapped 32 wickets in three Tests, including a hat-trick, against Australia in March in 2001. Harbhajan was the 1st Indian Cricketer to take Hat-trick wickets in Test Cricket.
- He took 417 wickets in 103 Tests and is the 4th highest wicket-taker for India in Test cricket. He made his debut to the national cricket team, during an ODI (One Day International) against New Zealand at Sharjah in 1998 and lastly represented India in 2016 during a T20 against the UAE at Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Aanchal Thakur won bronze at FIS Alpine Skiing Competition 2021
- Indian skier Aanchal Thakur has bagged bronze medal at the International Ski Federation (FIS) Alpine Skiing Competition in Montenegro.
- She finished 3rd with an overall timing of 1:54:30. With this, Aanchal has become first Indian Ski athlete to win two medals at the international level.
- She has previously won the bronze medal in the 2018 FIS Alpine 3200 Cup held in Turkey Georgia Epiphaniouwon silver medal and was just 2 seconds ahead of Anchal.
Book and Author
An Autobiography of Arup Roy Choudhury titled “The Turnover Wizard – Saviour Of Thousands” released by M Venkaiah Naidu
- Vice-President of India M Venkaiah Naidu released the book titled “The Turnover Wizard – Saviour Of Thousands”, an autobiography of Arup Roy Choudhury, the former Chairman and Managing Director of NTPC Limited and NBCC (India) Limited.
- The book consolidates Arup Roy Choudhury’s learnings from life and brings out the management lesson from his life. The book is also endorsed by E Sreedharan, The Metro Man of India.
23 December: National Siddha Day 2021
- 5th Siddha Day has been observed across India on 23rd December 2021 to create awareness about the Siddha system of medicine.
- The day is annually organized by the Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Sowa-Rigpa, and Homoeopathy (AYUSH) on the eve of the birthday of Siddhar Agathiyar, which falls during the Ayilyam star in the Tamil month of Margazhi.
- Theme 2021: “Strength of Siddha in Communicable Diseases”
25 December: Good Governance Day
- Good Governance Day or Sushasan Divas is observed every year on 25th December in India.
- On this day nation commemorates the birth anniversary of Bharat Ratna and former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- On 23rd December 2014, former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, and Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya were announced to receive the highest civilian award of the nation, Bharat Ratna. After the announcement, the newly elected prime minister Narendra Modi has announced 25th December to be celebrated and observed as the Good Governance Day.
Malayalam Director KS Sethumadhavan passed away
- The legendary Malayalam filmmaker KS Sethumadhavan passed away at the age of 90 years in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- He directed over 60 movies in five languages including Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi during his career. He directed popular movies such as Odayil Ninnu, Anubhavangal Palichakal, Oppol, Aranazhikaneeram, Achanum Bappayum, etc.
- He has won 10 National Film Awards, 9 Kerala State Awards among others.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs