Current Affairs 25th August 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
India signed an agreement with ADB to improve water supply in Himachal Pradesh
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Indian government has signed a $96.3 million loan agreement to provide safe drinking water and to improve water supply and sanitation in Himachal Pradesh.
- The project is aligned with the objectives of the government of India’s Jal Jeevan Mission which aims to provide piped water to all rural households by 2024 and it will upgrade water supply infrastructure and strengthen institutional capacity to ensure safe, sustainable, and inclusive rural water supply and sanitation services.
- More than 90 percent of the state’s rural population have access to drinking water, but the water supply infrastructure needs revamping, to result in efficient and improved service quality.
- The ADB project will connect 75,800 households to the service, providing uninterrupted water supply to about 3,70,000 residents across 10 districts.
About ASIAN Development Bank (ADB)
- Founded – 19 December 1966
- Headquarters – Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines
- President – Masatsugu Asakawa
- Vice President – Ashok Lavasa
- Director of ADB for India – Takeo Konishi
- Executive Director – Sameer Kumar Khare
- Member Counrtries – 68 (Nuie)
Recent Funding by ADB
- ADB approves $112 million loan to establish Assam Skill University.
- ADB approves $150 million loan for urban poor housing project in Tamil Nadu.
- Axis Bank signed Partial Guarantee Facility Agreement worth USD 150 million with ADB to support supply chain financing.
Tamil Nadu government signed with five companies in leather and footwear sector
- The Tamil Nadu government has signed five MoUs for an investment worth Rs 2,250 crore in the footwear and leather sector.
- Chief Minister M K Stalin also unveiled the ‘Tamil Nadu Footwear and Leather Products Policy 2022.
- The policy is aimed at attracting Rs 20,000 crore investment in the leather sector by 2025 and in creating employment opportunities to 2 lakh people.
- The footwear and leather products policy 2022 will offer a special package for footwear and leather products manufacturing and incentives for such “design studios”.
- The foundation stone for a ₹400 crore mega footwear manufacturing park in Ranipet district was also laid .
About Tamil Nadu
- Capital – Chennai
- Chief Minister – M K Stalin
- Governor – R N Ravi
HPCL commenced its first Cow dung based Compressed Biogas Project
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited has commenced its Cow dung to Compressed Biogas Project at Sanchore, Rajasthan.
- The plant, the first such under HPCL’s Waste-to-Energy portfolio, is proposed to utilize 100 tons of dung per day to produce biogas, which can be utilized as automotive fuel.
- The project is being developed under GOBAR-Dhan scheme launched by Government of India in April 2018 as a part of the Biodegradable Waste Management component under the Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) to positively impact cleanliness and generate wealth and energy from cattle and organic waste.
- Capital – Jaipur
- Chief Minister – Ashok Gehlot
- Governor – Kalraj Mishra
About Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
- Founded – 1974
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman – Pushp Kumar Joshi
Karnataka government signed an MoU with Isha Outreach to boost agriculture
- The Karnataka government and ‘Isha Outreach’ have signed a MoU to work together and achieve synergy between ‘Cauvery Calling’ and various government-based agroforestry promotion schemes in the districts which form part of the Cauvery basin.
- The combined vision of the Cauvery Calling and Karnataka government to promote tree-based agriculture, which will not only increase the green cover but also significantly augment farmers’ incomes in the aforementioned Cauvery basin districts.
- The Karnataka government runs various schemes for the promotion of tree planting on farmers’ fields with the objective of promoting sustainable agriculture and augmenting farmers’ income.
- Cauvery Calling aims to enable 5.2 million farmers to plant 2.42 billion trees in the Cauvery River Basin in a span of 12 years.
- Capital – Bengaluru
- Chief Minister –Basavaraj Bommai
- Governor – Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Andhra Pradesh govt signed an MoU with NISG for integrated land management system
- Rajasthan signed an MoU with Telangana to set up women’s bank
- Telangana government partnered with UNDP for Data in Climate Resilient Agriculture (DiCRA)
- The Telangana government has joined hands with the United Nations Development
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh to attend SCO Defence Ministers’ meeting
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has attended the SCO Defence Ministers’ meeting at Tashkent in Uzbekistan.
- Objective – The entire spectrum of defence cooperation with the three countries was reviewed to expand mutually beneficial collaboration.
- He also holds bilateral meetings with his counterparts Lieutenant General, Bakhodir Kurbanov (Uzbekistan); Colonel, General Zhaksylykov Ruslan Zhakslykov (Kazakhstan), and Lieutenant General, Viktor Khrenin (Belarus).
About Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO)
- Founded – 2001
- Headquarters – Beijing, China
- Secretary General – Zhang Ming (China)
- Member Countries – 9 (Iran, China, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan & Uzbekistan)
- SCO Summit 2021 – Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
- SCO Summit 2022 – Samarkand, Uzbekistan.
- SCO Summit to be hosted by the Indian side in 2023
- The founding members (5) of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) were China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan. India and Pakistan officially joined this organization in 2017
IIT Guwahati developed new method to produce sugar substitute Xylitol
- IIT Guwahati Researchers have developed a new method to produce a sugar substitute ‘Xylitol’ from sugarcane waste.
- The Method developed by IIT Guwahati Researchers to produce ‘Xylitol,’ which has potential antidiabetic effects, overcomes limitations of chemical methods of synthesis & time delays associated with conventional fermentation.
- The use of ultrasound during the fermentation process not only reduced the time of fermentation to 15 hours (against almost 48 hours in conventional processes) but also increased the yield of the product by almost 20%.
- Xylitol is industrially produced by a chemical reaction in which wood-derived D-xylose, a costly chemical, is treated with nickel catalyst at very high temperatures and pressures that makes the process highly energy consuming. Only 8-15% of the xylose is converted to Xylitol and the method requires extensive separation and purification steps, all of which translate to high price for the consumer.
Royal Enfield partnered with UNESCO to promote cultural heritage of India
- Royal Enfield has partnered with UNESCO (the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation) to promote and safeguard the ‘Intangible Cultural Heritage of India.
- UNESCO has been running a movement to identify, document and preserve the Intangible Cultural Heritage of India.
- India is one of the 178 countries, that had adopted the 2003 UNESCO Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage, for decades.
About United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- Formation – 16 November 1945
- Headquarters – Paris, France
- Director General – Audrey Azoulay (France)
- Member countries – 193
- Bharat Forge arm signed an agreement with Talgo for manufacturing trains
- ONGC signed an MoU with Greenko to produce green hydrogen
- ONGC signed gas sale agreements with GAIL & AGCL
- JSW Steel partnered with BCG to accelerate decarbonization journey
- Vedanta partners with IIT Madras incubated startup
- HAL signed an agreement with Safran to build helicopter engines
All 23 AIIMS to be named after local heroes, monuments
- The government has approved a proposal to give specific names to all the AIIMS, based on regional heroes, freedom fighters, historical events or monuments of the area, or their distinct geographical identity.
- The majority of the 23 All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) has submitted a list of names.
- All the AIIMS are known by its generic name and distinguished only by their location.
- Six new AIIMS — Bihar (Patna), Chhattisgarh (Raipur), Madhya Pradesh (Bhopal), Odisha (Bhubaneswar), Rajasthan (Jodhpur), and Uttarakhand (Rishikesh) were approved in Phase 1 of PMSSY and are fully functional.
- Out of the 16 AIIMS established between 2015 and 2022, MBBS classes and outpatient department services have been started in 10 institutes, while only MBBS classes have been started in another two. The remaining four institutes are at different stages of development.
National Conference of Labour Ministers to be held in Andhra Pradesh
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the 44th National Conference of Labour Ministers and Secretaries of all states and Union Territories via video conferencing.
- The two-day conference is being organized by the Union Ministry of Labour & Employment at Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh.
- The conference was presided over by Union Labour Minister Bhupinder Yadav.
- The move comes in the backdrop of the Prime Minister’s vision for the next 25 years in preparation for India’s 100th year of independence. Accordingly, the 44th session of the National Labour Conference has been named Vision Shramev Jayate @2047.
About Andhra Pradesh
- Capital – Amaravati
- Chief Minister – YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
- Governor – Biswabhusan Harichandan
Anurag Thakur launched ‘Azadi Quest’ online educational mobile games
- Information and Broadcasting (I&B) Minister Anurag Thakur on has launched the ‘Azadi Quest’, a series of online educational games based on India’s freedom struggle.
- Objective – To highlight key milestones of India’s freedom struggle and encourage a digital learning experience.
- I&B Ministry in collaboration with Zynga India has developed these games.
- These games are an effort to tap into the huge market of online gamers and to educate them through games.
- The first game in the series is ‘Azadi Quest: Match 3 Puzzle’, a simple and easy-to-play casual game presenting the players with the colorful journey of India’s Independence from 1857 to 1947.
Banking and Financial
Mastercard partnered with BASIX to create an agri-tech platform for farmers
- Mastercard has partnered with livelihood promotion institution BASIX Social Enterprise Group to launch an agritech platform BASIX Farmers’ Market (BFM) to integrate farmers into the digital economy.
- The digital platform will address fundamental challenges for small farmers related to price discovery, market reach, payments, and credit access.
- Founded -16 December 1966
- Headquarters– New York, United States
- CEO– Michael Miebach
- Executive Chairman- Ajay Banga
- Castler partnered with Yes Bank for digital escrow services
- CPRI signed an MoU with Chhattisgarh Government to set up a regional testing lab
- Thai Public Broadcasting Service signed an MoU with Prasar Bharati
- Axis Bank signed an MoU with FCI to provide “Ultima Salary Package”
- Yes Bank partnered with SellerApp to facilitate adoption of ONDC
HDFC ERGO launched portal for EV Users to locate charging stations
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company has launched a portal named ‘All Things EV’ for Electric Vehicles (EV).
- This is the country’s first one-stop-solution portal that can be used by existing and potential EV users.
- This portal provides information on nearby charging stations and locations of charging stations.
- The platform serves to all Indians who have either purchased EVs or are planning to buy EV or to make an earning out of the booming EV space.
Appointment and Resignation
PNB Housing Finance interim CFO Kaushal Mithani resigned
- PNB Housing Finance Interim CFO Kaushal Mithani resigned from the position. He was appointed as the interim CFO in April.
- PNB Housing Finance Limited (PNB Housing) is a registered housing finance company with National Housing Bank (NHB).
- It was incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956, and commenced its operations on 11 November 1988.
- PNB Housing is promoted by Punjab National Bank (PNB)
About PNB Housing Finance
- Headquarters- New Delhi
- Founded- 11 November 1988
Gopal Jain, Sivakumar Gopalan appointed as non-executive directors of RBL Bank
- The private sector lender RBL Bank has appointed Gopal Jain and Dr. Sivakumar Gopalan as the non-executive directors.
- Jain is an experienced private equity investor and managing partner at Gaja Capital. Gaja Capital through Gaja Capital Fund II Ltd held 1.3 percent stake in RBL Bank at the end of June.
- Gopalan is a researcher with over three decades of experience across various aspects of technology and has been appointed as an independent director for five years.
- Gopalan has also been a member of the Alternative Investment Policy Advisory Committee of SEBI since 2018.
About RBL BANK
- Founded – 1943
- Headquarters – Mumbai
- MD & CEO – R Subramaniakumar
- Tagline – Apno ka Bank
Recently appointed MD & CEO
- MD & CEO of Aviva Life Insurance – Asit Rath
- MD & CEO of SBI General Insurance – Paritosh Tripathi
- MD & CEO of Manappuram Finance – V P Nandkumar
- MD & CEO of CSB Bank – Pralay Monda
- MD & CEO of Aditya Birla Capital – Vishakha Mulye
- MD & CEO of Digit Insurance – Jasleen Kohli
- MD & CEO of LIC Mutual Fund – TS Ramakrishnan
- MD & CEO of National Stock Exchange -Ashish Kumar Chauhan
Government extended tenure of Meenesh Shah as NDDB Chairman for 6 months
- The Central government has extended the tenure of Meenesh C Shah, as the chairman of the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) for another six months.
- This is the second time he has been given the extension. Shah was appointed as the Chairman of NDDB in 2021.
- Before Shah, Dilip Rath was the chairman of NDDB who resigned from the post in December 2020.
- CFO of Credit Suisse – Dixit Joshi
- Director of the National Institute of Immunology (NII) – Debasisa Mohanty
- Secretary to President Droupadi Murmu – Rajesh Verma
- High-level UN internet panel – Alkesh Kumar Sharma
- DCGI Chief – VG Somani (for 3 months)
- MD of NaBFID – Rajkiran Rai
DRDO & Indian Navy successfully test fire indigenous VL-SRSAM from Chandipur
- Defence Research & Development Organization (DRDO) and the Indian Navy have successfully flight-tested Vertical Launch Short Range Surface-to-Air Missile (VL-SRSAM) from the Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur off the coast of Odisha.
- The flight test was carried out from an Indian Naval Ship against a high-speed unmanned aerial target for demonstration of vertical launch capability.
- The missiles, equipped with indigenous Radio Frequency (RF) seeker, intercepted the target with high accuracy. The VL-SRSAM system has been indigenously designed and developed by DRDO.
- Capital – Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
- Governor – Ganeshi Lal
About Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)
- Founded – 1 January 1958
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Motto – “Strength’s Origin is in Knowledge”
- Chairman – Satheesh Reddy
India’s 1st IAC Vikrant to be commissioned on September 2
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will commission the country’s first indigenously-built aircraft carrier (IAC) Vikrant on September 2.
- The Prime Minister will officially induct the vessel to the Indian Navy at a specially arranged venue inside the Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) here, which manufactured the over Rs 20,000 crore warship.
- Fighter jets have been brought to the aircraft which is set to operate MiG-29K fighter jets, Kamov-31 helicopters and MH-60R multi-role helicopters.
- With the delivery of ‘Vikrant’, India has joined a select group of nations having the niche capability to indigenously design and build an aircraft carrier.
- Vikrant has a top speed of around 28 knots and a cruising speed of 18 knots with an endurance of about 7,500 nautical miles.
- The IAC is 262 metres long, 62 metres wide and has a height of 59 metres. Its construction began in 2009.
Indian men’s volleyball team won bronze medal in 14th Asian U-18 Championship
- Indian men’s volleyball team has won the bronze medal by defeating Korea 3-2 in the 14th Asian U-18 Championship in Tehran.
- In the preliminary league match too, India defeated Korea but lost to Iran in the semifinal.
- The Indian U-18 team has qualified for the FIVB World U-19 Men’s Volleyball Championship.
- Japan clinched the gold after beating Iran in the final match.
- Capital – Tehran
- Currency – Rial
- President – Ebrahim Raisi
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs