Current Affairs 25th October 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
India’s 1st State Government-owned Wildlife DNA testing analysis lab inaugurated in Nagpur
- Uddhav Thackeray, Chief Minister of Maharashtra, inaugurated India’s 1st State government-owned Wildlife DNA testing analysis laboratory at Regional Forensic Science Laboratory (RFSL) in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- On the occasion, he also launched 3 Fast Track DNA testing units in Mumbai & Pune under the Nirbhaya scheme.
- At present there are 2 Wildlife DNA testing laboratories at Dehradun & Hyderabad, which are fully owned by the Central Government, whereas the
- newly launched is the 1st in India to be owned by a state government.
- The labs will be exclusively dealing with cases registered under Protection of Children From Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, 2012.
- The labs were developed at a cost of Rs 53 crore under Central Government’s Nirbhaya Scheme.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief minister: Uddhav Thackeray
7th Meeting of BRICS Communications Ministers 2021 chaired by Devusinh Chauhan
- Minister of State (MoS) Devusinh Chauhan chaired the 7th meeting of BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) Communications Ministers 2021 through video conferencing on October 22, 2021.
- India’s efforts of extending optical fibers to all six lakh villages of India to bridge the digital divide between urban and rural areas were highlighted during the meeting.
- Founded: June 2006
- Members: Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa
- 2021 Host: India
- Theme 2021: ‘BRICS @ 15: Intra-BRICS Cooperation for Continuity, Consolidation and Consensus’
Banking and Financial
AU Small Finance Bank launched QR Sound box for payment alerts
- India’s Largest Small Finance Bank AU Small Finance Bank has launched QR (Quick Response) Code Sound Box to boost its digital payments, while making it the first bank to launch such a product.
- The QR Sound Box will help small merchants to run their operations smoothly without the hassle of reading SMS every time when a customer makes a payment.
- It will be made available in five languages – Hindi, English, Punjabi, Guajarati and Marathi.
About AU small finance bank:
- Headquarters: Jaipur, Rajasthan
- MD & CEO: Sanjay Agarwal
- Chairman: Raj Vikash Verma
RBI introduced a revised Regulatory Framework for NBFCs – Scale Based Regulation’ (SBR)
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has introduced a revised regulatory framework for Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs) named ‘Scale Based Regulation’ (SBR) to regulate the NBFCs based on their size, activity, complexity, and interconnectedness within the financial sector.
- All the guidelines over SBR would come into effect from October 01, 2022, whereas the instructions related to the ceiling on IPO (Initial Public Offer) funding would come into effect from April 01, 2022.
- Under the SBR framework, NBFCs are categorised into 4 layers as Base Layer (NBFC-BL), Middle Layer (NBFC-ML), Upper Layer (NBFC-UL), and a possible Top Layer (NBFC-TL) based on the size, activity, etc.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Founded: April 1, 1935
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao, T Rabi Sankar
Appointment and Resignation
Ramnath Krishnan appointed as ICRA’s MD and Group CEO
- Ramnath Krishnan has been appointed as the new Managing Director and Group Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of rating agency
- He replaced N Sivaraman, who resigned with immediate effect citing personal reasons on October 23, 2021.
- Gurgaon based ICRA is a unit owned by global rating agency Moody’s Corporation.
Rajiv Nigam became 1st Indian to be selected for Joseph A. Cushman Award 2022
- The Cushman Foundation for Foraminiferal Research selected Dr Rajiv Nigam, Former Chief Scientist, Council of Scientific & Industrial Research-National Institute of Oceanography (CSIR-NIO), Goa as the recipient of 2022 Joseph A. Cushman Award for Excellence in Foraminiferal Research, the highest honour of the Cushman Foundation.
- He became the first Indian to be selected for this lifetime achievement award.
- He was selected as the recipient of the Joseph A. Cushman Award (JA Cushman Award) for his research work on foraminifera (microfossil).
- The award will be presented at the Cushman Reception at the Geological Society of America (GSA) Connects 2022which will be held in Denver, Colorado, USA, from 9th to 12th October 2022.
Rajinikanth honored with 51st Dadasaheb Phalke Award
- Actor Rajinikanth was honored with the prestigious 51st Dadasaheb Phalke Award at the 67th National Film Awards ceremony, for his contribution as an actor, producer and screenwriter.
- He received the prestigious award from Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu for his stupendous contribution to Indian cinema.
- Instituted in 1969, the award is the highest honour for an artist in Indian cinema.
Complete list of all the winners at 67th National Film Awards: Read here
DRDO successfully tested Abhyas high-speed expendable aerial target
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) conducted the successful flight test of the indigenously-designed Abhyas – High-speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT) from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Chandipur, off the coast of Bay of Bengal in Odisha.
- ABHYAS is designed and developed by DRDO’s Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), Bengaluru.
- The aircraft is equipped with MEMS-based Inertial Navigation System (INS) for navigation along with the Flight Control Computer (FCC)for guidance and control.
About Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO):
- Founded: 1958
- Headquarters: DRDO Bhavan, New Delhi
- Chairman: G Satheesh Reddy
Max Verstappen won US Grand Prix title 2021
- Denmark’s formula one racing driver Max Verstappen won the 2021 US Grand Prix title.
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) came second and Sergio Perez (Red Bull) completed on the third position.
Note: List of 2021 F1 Race
- Bahrain F1 Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain)
- Emilia Romagna F1 Grand Prix: Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands)
- Portuguese Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton
- Spanish Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton
- Monaco Grand Prix: Max Verstappen
- Azerbaijan Grand Prix: Sergio Perez (Red Bull- Mexico)
- French Grand Prix: Max Verstappen
- Styrian Grand Prix: Max Verstappen
- Austrian GP: Max Verstappen
- British Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Esteban Ocon (Alpine Renault- France)
- Belgian Grand Prix 2021: Max Verstappen
- Dutch Grand Prix: Max Verstappen
- Italian Grand Prix: Daniel Ricciardo
- Russian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton
- Turkish Grand Prix: Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes-Finland)
Viktor Axelsen and Akane Yamaguchi won Denmark Open 2021
- Danish Olympic champion Viktor Axelsen won the Mens’ single 2021 Denmark Open Badminton held at the Odense Sports Park, Denmark.
- He defeated world number one Kento Momota of Japan.
- Akane Yamaguchi of Japan won her second title in the women’s category defeating An Se-young (South Korea).
List of all winners of Denmark Open 2021:
|Mens’ single||Viktor Axelsen (Denmark)|
|Womens’ single||Akane Yamaguchi (Japan)|
|Men’s double||Takuro Hoki, and Yugo Kobayashi (Japan)|
|Women’s double||Huang Dongping and Zheng Yu (China)|
|Mixed double||Yuta Watanabe and Arisa Higashino (Japan).|
Book and Author
Anthology of Ruskin Bond titled “Writing for My Life” released
- “Writing for My Life”, an anthology of author Ruskin Bond has been released. It contains some of the most exemplary stories, essays, poems and memories of Ruskin Bond.
- This anthology has been released 25 years after the first anthology of Bond titled, “The Best of Ruskin Bond”.
- The selections for this anthology have been made by Bond himself and his editor Premanka Goswami. His first novel is The Room on the Roof.
24 October: World Development Information Day
- The United Nations celebrates World Development Information Day every year on October 24.
- The UN General Assembly in 1972 established the World Development Information Day to direct people’s attention toward developmental problems and the need to strengthen international cooperation to solve them.
- The main aim of this day is to propagate information and mobilise public opinion in order to draw their attention and create awareness of the problems surrounding development, promoting efforts in the field of international cooperation for growth and development.
- Theme 2021: Action for Sustainable Development Goal
24 October: International Day of Diplomats
- The International Day of Diplomats is celebrated on 24 October every year. The day aims to commemorate the contributions made by diplomats in shaping the world since ancient times and in making our planet a better place.
- The first International Day of Diplomats was celebrated in Brasília on 24 October 2017.
- The day was proposed by Indian poet-diplomat Abhay K and saw participation from the diplomats of Bangladesh, France, Ghana, Israel, Italy, Mexico, South Africa and Turkey.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs