Current Affairs 26th and 27th March 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Himachal Pradesh signed MoU with NIPER, Mohali as Knowledge Partner for Medical Devices Park in Nalagarh, Solan
- The government of Himachal Pradesh signed an MoU with the National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), Mohali, Punjab as a Knowledge Partner for the upcoming Medical Devices Park, Nalagarh in Solan, HP.
- The approval for MoU was given by the Board of Members from the Department of Pharmaceuticals (DoP) under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers.
- Himachal Pradesh State Industrial Development Corporation Limited (HPSIDC) is the State Implementing Agency for the conception, development and execution of Medical Devices Park.
- A Centre for Excellence (CoE) in the Medical Devices Park will be set up by NIPER Mohali, which will provide Industry-Academia linkage.
- The HP State Planning Department sanctioned Rs. 74.95 crore to the HPSIDC for the development of the Medical Park. The Department of Pharmaceuticals (DoP) will also provide the first instalment worth Rs. 30 crores of grant-in-aid in the coming days.
About Himachal Pradesh:
- Capital: Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter)
- Governor: Rajendra Arlekar
- Chief Minister: Jai Ram Thakur
Gujarat topped in NITI Aayog`s Export Preparedness Index 2021
- Gujarat has retained the top position in the 2nd edition of NITI Aayog’s Export Preparedness Index 2021, followed by Maharashtra and Karnataka in second and third place, respectively.
- The Export Preparedness Index measures a state’s readiness to export in terms of potential and performance. Export Preparedness Index was prepared by the NITI Aayog and Institute of Competitiveness.
- Top states: Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- Top UTs: Delhi, Goa, Jammu and Kashmir, Chandigarh and Puducherry.
- Top Himalayan states: Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Tripura, Sikkim and Manipur.
- Union territories and states such as Lakshadweep, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Ladakh, and Meghalaya ranked worst.
About NITI Aayog:
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- Vice Chairperson: Rajiv Kumar
- CEO: Amitabh Kant
73rd Indian Psychiatric Society national conference held in Visakhapatnam
- The 73rd Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society (ANCIPS) has been organized in Visakhapatnam from 24th to the 26th of March.
- Experts from various parts of India and a few from abroad are participating in the three-day conference held at Vizag Conventions at Madhurawada. The last national conference was held 37 years ago in Visakhapatnam.
- The focus areas would be on drug and alcohol abuse in society, stress among students and growing incidence of suicides, depression and anxiety, old-age problems and dementia. The national conference, being hosted jointly by IPS, A.P. State branch, Government Hospital Mental Care and Visakha Psychiatric Society, will be inaugurated by Justice P. Laxmana Reddy, Lokayukta of Andhra Pradesh.
- The theme is chosen for ANCIPS 2022: ‘Bridging minds … Connecting generations’
NABARD allocated Rs. 4,013 crores financial assistance to Odisha
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has sanctioned financial assistance of Rs. 4,013 crores to Odisha under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) for the financial year 2021-2022, and Odisha has got a major share of NABARD’s infrastructure funds, the highest in India.
- With this, the total sanction has crossed Rs 32,100 crore for Odisha since the inception of the RIDF. The RIDF is classified under three broad categories: Agriculture and related sector; Social sector; and Rural connectivity.
- Out of the total fund allocated under the RIDF, about Rs 2,568 crore is allotted for the construction of rural roads and bridges. It involves the creation or upgrading of roads for 2000 km and bridges for a length of 17.13 km, which would benefit around 10 lakh people.
About National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD):
- Formation: July 12, 1982
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairman: Govinda Rajulu Chintala
World Bank issued first wildlife conservation bond to save Africa’s black rhino
- The World Bank (International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, IBRD) has issued the Wildlife Conservation Bond (WCB) to support South Africa’s efforts to conserve endangered species of Black Rhino.
- Wildlife Conservation Bond (WCB) is also known as “Rhino Bond”. It is a five-year $150 million Sustainable Development Bond. It includes a potential performance payment from the Global Environment Facility (GEF).
- The bond will contribute to protecting and increasing black rhino populations in two protected areas in South Africa namely the Addo Elephant National Park (AENP) and the Great Fish River Nature Reserve (GFRNR).
About International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD):
- Founded: 1944
- Headquarters: Washington DC, USA
- Members: 189 countries
Banking and Financial
UNCTAD projected India’s GDP growth at 4.6% in 2022
- According to a UN report released, India’s projected economic growth for 2022 has been downgraded by more than 2% to 4.6%, a decrease attributed to the ongoing war in Ukraine.
- Due to disruptions from the Ukraine crisis and changes in macroeconomic policies that put developing nations in particular at risk, the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) has lowered its global economic growth prediction for 2022 to 2.6 % from 3.6%.
- In 2022, India was expected to grow at 6.7%, but UNCTAD has cut that forecast to 4.6%. The report has downgraded the GDP growth of the US from three % to 2.4 per cent. China will also see growth decrease to 4.8 % from 5.7%.
Note: India GDP projected for FY23 (2022-2023)
- Word Bank- 8.3%, 8.7% in 2022-23
- ICRA- 9% in FY22 and FY23
- Crisil- 9.5%, 7.8 for FY23
- OECD- 8.1% for FY23, 5.5% in FY24
- Fitch Ratings– 8.5% for FY23
RBI inaugurated Reserve Bank Innovation Hub in Bengaluru; Kris Gopalakrishnan is first Chairman of RBIH
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das inaugurated the Reserve Bank Innovation Hub (RBIH) in Bengaluru, which was established with a Rs 100 crore initial capital contribution to foster and nurture financial innovation.
- According to the central bank, the Hub has an independent Board with Senapathy (Kris) Gopalakrishnan as Chairman and other notable people from industry and academics as members.
- The RBIH was established as a Section 8 business under the Companies Act of 2013, with an initial capital contribution of Rs 100 crore, to stimulate and develop financial innovation in a long-term institutional setting.
- RBIH intends to build an ecosystem that promotes access to financial services and goods for the country’s low-income people.
About RBI Innovation Hub (RBIH):
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- CEO: Rajesh Bansal
- Chairman: Kris Gopalakrishnan
Ola acquired neo bank Avail Finance
- Ola, an Indian ride-hailing startup, has agreed to acquire neo-banking platform Avail Finance in order to expand its financial services offering.
- The financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed by Ola, which owns a 9% share in Avail Finance. Ola intends to use Avail Finance’s product portfolio to enhance its lending operations and further its neo-banking expansion goals.
- The acquisition is a critical step in Ola’s bigger drive into the fintech market as it strives to develop a mobility-focused financial services business under Ola Financial.
- Founded: 3 December 2010
- Headquarters: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- CEO: Bhavish Aggarwal
FinMapp got license from PFRDA and IRDAI to sell NPS, insurance
- FinMapp, a financial services firm, announced that it has been granted a licence under the National Pension Scheme by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA). It has also obtained a registration certificate as a corporate agent from the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI).
- On its app, the organisation offers a variety of financial goods, from mutual funds to bank accounts. “A one-stop marketplace for all financial products made digitally available by prominent banks, NBFCs, insurance companies, mutual funds institutions, and capital markets,” according to the company.”
- The licences would allow FinMapp to provide insurance and NPS products to its clients as a verified seller, allowing the company to extend its customer base, according to the company’s statement.
About Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI):
- Founded: 1999
- Headquarters: Hyderabad
- Chairperson: Debasish Panda
Appointment and Resignation
Vinod G Khandare appointed as Adviser in Ministry of Defence
- Lieutenant General Vinod G. Khandare has been appointed as Adviser in the Ministry of Defence, providing strategic insights and advice on matters relevant to defence strategy to the Defence Secretary.
- According to defence sources, he will collaborate closely with the Secretary of Defense. The role’s mandate would be to provide strategic inputs and advise on matters relating to defence strategy, readiness, and associated activities, such as the International Defense Corporation, maritime security, and defence space.
- Khandare retired from the Army at the end of January 2018. He worked as the Military Adviser at the Prime Minister’s Office’s National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS) from then till October 2021.
- He was the Director General of the Defence Intelligence Agency and the Deputy Chief of the Integrated Defence Staff for Intelligence from November 2015 until January 2018.
Rajnish Kumar joined the International Strategic Advisory Board of Dun & Bradstreet
- Former State Bank of India (SBI) chairman Rajnish Kumar has joined the International Strategic Advisory Board of Dun & Bradstreet.
- Rajnish Kumar serves on the boards of HSBC Asia Pacific, L&T Infotech, Hero MotoCorp and BharatPe. In October 2020, Kumar stepped down as Chairman of SBI.
- Dun & Bradstreet is a leading global provider of business decisioning data and analytics.
Hisashi Takeuchi named as MD and CEO of Maruti Suzuki
- Japan’s Hisashi Takeuchi has been appointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Maruti Suzuki for a period of three years with effect from April 1, 2022.
- Takeuchi will succeed Kenichi Ayukawa as the MD and CEO. Ayukawa will now be designated as Executive Vice-Chairman for a period of six months with effect from 1st April, 2022 till 30th September 2022. Ayukawa joined as MD, MSIL in 2013.
- Prior to his joining as Joint Managing Director (Commercial) in MSIL in April last year, he was working as Managing Officer, Executive General Manager- Asia Automobile Marketing/India Automobile Department at SMC.
Jens Stoltenberg’s tenure as Secretary-General of NATO extended till 2023
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) has approved the extension in the tenure of Secretary-GeneralJens Stoltenberg till September 30, 2023.
- He was named NATO Secretary-General in October 2014. His term was to expire in September 2022. He is the former Prime Minister of Norway.
- NATO is an intergovernmental military alliance among 28 European countries and 2 North American countries.
About North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO):
- Founded:4 April 1949
- Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium
- Secretary-General: Jens Stoltenberg
- Chairman of the NATO Military Committee: Admiral Rob Bauer
- Member countries: 30
President Ram Nath Kovind awarded President’s Colour to INS Valsura
- The Indian Naval Ship (INS) Valsura has been awarded the prestigious President’s Colour by President Ram Nath Kovind.
- It is the highest award or honour that can be bestowed upon any of India’s military units. This award is also called ′Nishaan′ as it is an emblem that will be worn by the bestowed units’ officers on their left-hand sleeve of the uniform.
- This award can be bestowed on a military unit as a sign of recognition of exceptional service rendered to the country, both during war and peace.
- In 1942, INS Valsura was established. INS Valsura is located in Jamnagar, Gujarat. It is one of the Indian Navy’s premier training establishments. INS Valsura has been entrusted with the responsibility of training the sailors and officers who are part of the Indian Navy, and Coast Guard.
Mario Marcel won the Governor of the year award at Central Banking Awards 2022
- Mario Marcel, the Governor of the Central Bank of Chile, has won the Governor of the year award at the Central Banking Awards 2022. Banco Central de Chile is the name of the central bank of Chile.
- When Mario Marcel was named governor of the Central Bank of Chile (BCCh) in October 2016, he took over the leadership of an institution that had secured a reputation as one of the most independent and well-run central banks in Latin America.
- Marcel took steps to further improve the institution. He changed its internal management structure, reducing the number of monetary policy meetings from 12 to eight. The BCCh also improved the quality of its communications in both English and Spanish. But the BCCh’s reputation, as well as Marcel’s own, would be put to a severe test from 2019.
AAI and BEL joined hands to develop indigenous Air Traffic Management Systems
- Airports Authority of India (AAI) has signed an agreement with the Defence Public Sector Undertaking Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)for the joint indigenous development of systems for air traffic management and surface movement of aircraft at airports across the country, which were previously imported.
- BEL and AAI will collaborate to develop the Civil Air Traffic Management System (ATMS) with Advanced-Surface Movement Guidance and Control System (ASMGCS), a complex ground surveillance system that manages air traffic at airports and in Indian civil airspace to ensure safe flight operations from take-off to landing.
- “The current arrangement is in accordance with AAI’s R&D Policy to update its ANS Infrastructure in a methodical, efficient, and cost-effective manner, as well as the Government of India’s ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ missions.” This will lessen AAI’s reliance on foreign suppliers for ANS infrastructure.
About Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL):
- Founded: 1954
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Officiating Chairman & MD: Anandi Ramalingam
Byju’s named as official sponsor of FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar
- BYJU’S, an Indian ed-tech firm has become an official sponsor for the upcoming 2022 FIFA World Cup. The event will be organised from November 21 to December 18 in Qatar.
- BYJU’S has now become the first Indian ed-tech firm to be associated with the World Cup.
- BYJU’S, through this partnership, will leverage its rights to the FIFA World Cup 2022 marks, emblem, and assets, and run unique promotions to connect with football fans around the world.
- Founded: 2011
- Founder: Byju Raveendran
- Headquarters: Bangalore, Karnataka
26 March: Earth Hour 2022
- Earth Hour is observed every year across the world on the last Saturday of March to show support for the fight against climate change and commitment towards a better planet.
- Earth Hour 2022 is being marked on 26th March 2022. It is a worldwide movement organized by World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), encouraging individuals, communities, corporates, and households to turn off their lights for 1 hour.
- Earth Hour began in Sydney in 2007 as a symbolic lights-out event organised by WWF and allies and has now grown to become one of the world’s largest environmental grassroots initiatives.
- Theme 2022: ‘Shape Our Future‘
5 October will be celebrated as National Dolphin Day from 2022
- Union Ministry for Environment, Forest and Climate Change has designated 5th October as National Dolphin Day every year, from 2022. The day will aim to create awareness for the conservation of Dolphins.
- Dolphins act as ideal ecological indicators of a healthy aquatic ecosystem and conservation of the Dolphins will benefit the survival of the species and people dependent on the aquatic system for their livelihood. It lives in the Ganges and other rivers of South Asia.
- The National Board for Wildlife’s (NBWL) standing committee took this decision to designate October 5 as National Dolphin Day.
27 March: World theatre Day
- World Theatre Day is celebrated annually on March 27, promoted by the International Theatre Institute (ITI) through its centres, and supported by theatre communities all over the world.
- This year, the World Theatre Day celebration will focus on the young, the next generation, the emerging artists, who have been a strong special focus of ITI in the recent past.
- The day was initiated by ITI, following President Arvi Kivimaa’s June 1961 proposal at the ninth World Congress of the ITI in Vienna — on behalf of the ITI’s Finnish Centre — for a World Theatre Day to be instituted. The proposal was supported by the Scandinavian centres of the ITI and publicized with enthusiasm.
- Since 1962, World Theatre Day has been celebrated by ITI Centres, ITI Cooperating Members, theatre professionals, theatre organizations, theatre universities and theatre lovers all over the world on the 27th of March.
Inventor of the GIF format, Stephen Wilhite passed away
- Stephen Wilhite, the creator of the Graphics Interchange Format (GIF) passed away at the age of 74 years due to Covid-19 related issues.
- Wilhite devised the Graphics Interchange Format, or GIF, in 1987 while working at Compuserve. The Oxford American Dictionary named GIF the word of the year in 2012. He was honoured with a Webby Lifetime Achievement award in 2013.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs