Current Affairs 26th July 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Union Minister Amit Shah launched e-FIR system in Gujarat
- Union Home Minister, Amit Shah has launched an e-FIR filing system in Gandhinagar to enable citizens to file FIRs online without visiting a police station.
- Gujarat Government has taken an important decision to start the e-FIR service by adding one more service to these online services. Now citizens of the state need not go to the police station to register a complaint of vehicle theft or mobile phone theft. Through this online service, the citizens of the state will be able to file complaints online at home.
- Within 48 hours of registering the FIR, the police will contact the complainant directly and visit the scene of vehicle theft/mobile phone theft and complete the investigation within 21 days and send a report to the court.
- The complainant will also be informed about the registration of this online complaint and the progress made in the investigation through Email/SMS. And at the same time, the insurance company will also be informed by the police through email/SMS so that it will help the plaintiff to get his insurance claim easily.
- e-FIR service has been coordinated with the Gujarat State Police CCTV Command and Control. After the e-FIR will be registered, if the vehicle passes through the road, the vehicle number will be immediately flashed at the CCTV command and control, and through which the crime of theft can be detected immediately.
- Capital – Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister – Bhupendra Patel
- Governor – Acharya Devvrat
China launched Wentian lab module to its permanent space station
- China has successfully launched the second of three modules to its permanent space station, in one of the final missions needed to complete the orbiting outpost by year’s end.
- The 23-tonne Wentian (‘Quest for the Heavens’) laboratory module launching on the back of China’s most powerful rocket, the Long March 5B, from the Wenchang Space Launch Center on the southern island of Hainan.
- China began constructing the space station in April 2021 with the launch of the Tianhe module, the main living quarters, in the first of 11 crewed and uncrewed missions in the undertaking.
- The Wentian lab module, 17.9 meters (59 feet) long, will be where astronauts can carry out scientific experiments, along with the other lab module yet to be launched – Mengtian (‘Dreaming of the Heavens’).
Monkeypox vaccine IMVANEX approved in Europe
- Monkeypox vaccine, Imvanex has been approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) for protecting adults from the virus as cases soar globally.
- The vaccine of Bavarian Nordic origin, which is currently used against Smallpox, received the European nod based on the recommendation of the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP), which showed protection against the monkeypox virus.
- Globally, over 16,000 cases of monkeypox have been reported from 75 countries. In the current outbreak in countries and amongst the reported monkeypox cases, transmission appears to be occurring primarily through close physical contact, including sexual contact. Transmission can also occur from contaminated materials such as linens, bedding, electronics, clothing, that have infectious skin particles.
Wasifa Nazreen becomes the first Bangladeshi to scale K2
- Mountaineer Wasifa Nazreen has become the first Bangladeshi to scale the second highest mountain peak K2 in Pakistan.
- She climbed the 8611 metres or 28,251 feet high K2 Mountain peak and returned to the base camp on 22 July 2022.
- On completing this historic task, the 39-year-old mountaineer Wasifa paid tribute to all the known and unknown martyrs of Bangladesh from the language movement to the liberation war.
- Wasifa Nazreen climbed Mount Everest in 2012. She is the second woman from Bangladesh to do so.
- She has previously conquered Aconcagua in South America and Kilimanjaro in Africa.
About K2 Mountain
- K2 or Mount Godwin Austen with an elevation of 8,611 meters is the second highest mountain in the world after Mount Everest above sea level.
- It is located on the Sino-Pakistan border between Baltistan and Dafdar Township of Xinjiang, China, in the Gilgit-Baltistan region of northern Pakistan.
- It is the highest point of the Karakoram Mountain range and the highest point in both Pakistan and Xinjiang.
Banking and Financial
HDFC Bank to be among global top 10 banks after merger
- HDFC Bank will be among the world’s top 10 most valuable banks after its merger with parent HDFC.
- The combined market cap of HDFC Bank and HDFC would be around USD 160 billion.
- HDFC Bank is worth more than DBS Group and UBS (both valued at around $58 billion). The country’s largest lender State Bank of India ($57 billion) is at number 32 ahead of BNP Paribas ($55 billion) in terms of valuation. The combined market cap of HDFC Bank and HDFC ($52 billion) would be around $160 billion.
- HDFC Bank is a systemically important bank in India along with SBI and ICICI Bank.
- Recently in April, RBI approved HDFC Bank’s proposed merger with parent and mortgage lender Housing Development Finance Corp Ltd (HDFC).
Note: About HDFC Bank
- CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: August 1994
Appointment and Resignation
Ahmad Nawaf Al-Ahmad appointed as new Prime Minister of Kuwait
- Ahmad Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah has been appointed the new Prime Minister of Kuwait.
- In May, the Kuwaiti emir approved the resignation of then Prime Minister Sabah Al-Khaled Al-Hamad Al-Sabah and his cabinet, in which Ahmad served as first deputy prime minister and minister of interior.
- Ahmad was born in 1956 as the eldest son of Kuwaiti Emir Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah. He served as the Kuwait National Guard Deputy Commander between November 2020 and March 9, 2022.
- Capital – Kuwait City
- Currency -Kuwaiti dinar
- Prime Minister – Ahmad Nawaf Al-Ahmad
Newly Appointed Prime Minister & President
- Sheikh Mohammad Sabah Al Salem – New PM of Kuwait
- New PM of Sri Lanka – Dinesh Gunawardena
- New President of Sri Lanka – Ranil Wickremesinghe
- New President of Colombia – Gustavo Petro
- New President of South Korea – Yoon Suk Yeol
- New Prime Minister of Pakistan – Shehbaz Sharif
- New Prime Minister of France – Elisabeth Borne
- 1st Woman President of Hungary – Katalin Novak
- 1st Woman President of Tanzania – Samia Suluhu Hassan
- 1st Woman President of Honduras Xiomara Castro
- Hong Kong’s Next Leader -John Lee
- Re-Elected as President of Serbia – Aleksandar Vučić
- Hungary’s New Prime Minister - Viktor Orban
- New Prime Minister of Kazakhstan - Alikhan Smailov
- New President of of Albania – Bajram Begaj
- New Prime Minsiter of Israel – Yair Lapid
Sanjay Kumar Jain appointed as interim CEO of NLMC
- The Centre has appointed Sanjay Kumar Jain as interim CEO of the National Land Management Corporation (NLMC).
- NLMC will own, hold, manage and monetize such land and assets of the PSUs that are to be closed down and the surplus non-core land assets of government-owned companies under strategic disinvestment.
- NLMC has incorporated on June 3 as a wholly-owned Government of India company with an initial authorized share capital of Rs 5,000 crore and paid-up share capital of Rs 150 crore.
- Additional Independent Director of YES Bank – Rama Subramaniam Gandhi
- IAPH appointed as its representative in India – Ennarasu Karunesan
- Acting president of FIH – Egypt’s Seif Ahmed
- Whole time Member of IBBI – Jayanti Prasad
- Managing Director of Tata Projects – Vinayak Pai
Akshaya Moondra appointed as new CEO of Vodafone Idea
- Vodafone Idea has appointed Akshaya Moondra as new chief executive officer with effect from August 19, 2022 for a period of three years. He will succeed Ravinder Takkar.
- Takkar will continue to be a non-executive and non-independent director of the company post completion of his term as the MD & CEO.
- Moondra has over 30 years of international experience and over 14 years’ experience in the Indian telecom sector.
- Managing Director of ONGC Videsh Limited – Rajarshi Gupta
- Member of UPSC – Lt. Gen. Raj Shukla
- MD of RattanIndia Power – Brijesh Gupta
- Director (Technical) of REC – VK Singh
- MD & CEO of NSE – Ashish Kumar Chauhan
Indian-Origin Professor Kaushik Rajashekara won Global Energy Prize 2022
- Kaushik Rajashekara, an Indian-origin professor at the University of Houston, has won the prestigious Global Energy Prize for the year 2022.
- He has won the prize for outstanding contributions to transportation electrification and energy efficiency technologies while reducing power generation emissions.
- Only three people in the world were selected this year for the honour, bestowed by the Global Energy Association, out of a record 119 nominations from 43 countries.
- The awarding ceremony will be held during Russian Energy Week in Moscow on 12-14 October.
- UAE honoured Kamal Haasan by granting him Golden Visa
- Mother Teresa Memorial Award by the Maharashtra govt. – Dia Mirza & Afroz Shah
- Mrs Universe Divine Crown in South Korea – Pallavi Singh (India)
- Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Star award by Japan Govt. – Narayanan Kumar VC of Sanmar Group
- CII Quality Ratna Awards 2021 – Ashok Soota
- Shiromani Award at NRI World Summit 2022 – Michelle Poonawalla
- Best Film award at the IIFA Awards – Shershaah
- Assam’s highest civilian award Asom Bhaibav – Ratan Tata
India to set up Joint Theatre Commands of Tri-Services
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has announced the setting up of joint theatre commands of the tri-services to enhance coordination among the armed forces.
- Each of the theatre commands will have units of the Army, the Navy & the Air Force and all of them will work as a single entity looking after security challenges in a specified geographical territory.
- India is moving quickly from being the world’s largest importer of defence equipment to an exporter.
- The country has started defence exports worth Rs 13,000 crore and it has fixed a target to increase it to Rs 35,000 to Rs 40,000 crore by 2025-26.
Max Verstappen won French F1 Grand Prix
- Red Bull driver Max Verstappen has won the French F1 Grand Prix.
- Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton and George Russell came in second and third positions respectively.
- With this win, Verstappen collected his 69th podium finish.
- Verstappen’s seventh win of the season takes him 63 points clear of Leclerc and strengthens his chances of claiming a second successive driver’s title.
- Verstappen seven races in 2022 – Saudi Arabian GP, Emilia Romagna GP, Miami GP, Spanish GP, Azerbaijan GP, Canadian GP, and now the French GP.
Recent Grand Prix 2022 Winner
- Canadian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen
- Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen
- Miami Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen
- Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen
- Spanish Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen
- Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen
- French Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen
- Monaco Grand Prix Monaco 2022 -Sergio Pérez
- Australian Grand Prix. 2022 – Charles Leclerc
- Bahrain Grand Prix 2022 – Charles Leclerc
- Austrian Grand Prix 2022 – Charles Leclerc
Karuna Jain announced retirement from all forms of cricket
- Former Indian women’s team wicketkeeper Karuna Jain has announced her retirement from all forms of cricket.
- Karuna represented India, Karnataka, Pondicherry and South Zone during her career.
- She had played a total of five Test matches with 195 runs in which 40 were her highest score since making her debut against England in Delhi in November 2005. Last, she played a Test match for India against England in August 2014.
- In addition to this, Karuna also played 44 ODIs and made 987 runs with a solitary hundred and nine fifties and 103 as her highest score. In 2004, she made her ODI debut against the West Indies and played the last 50-over game in 2014 against England. She had starred on her ODI debut with a crucial 64 runs scored.
Casper Ruud won the Swiss Open 2022
- Norway’s Casper Ruud has won the Swiss Open 2022 held in Gstaad, Switzerland.
- He defeated Italy’s Matteo Berrettini in the final by 4-6, 7-6(4), 6-2.
- It was Ruud’s 9th Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) title.
- The Swiss Open is Ruud’s 3rd title in 2022, the other two titles are Buenos Aires and Geneva Open.
- Ruud had also won the 2021 Swiss Open title.
Renowned Marathi writer Anant Yashwant Khare passes away
- Renowned Marathi writer Anant Yashwant Khare, also known as Nanda Khare, has passed away at the age of 76.
- Khare wrote 19 books on various topics like science, sociology, and geography with some of his most noted works being ‘Antajichi Bakhar’ & ‘Udya.
- In 2010, he received Bhai Madhavrao Bagal Award for his book ‘Kahani Manav Pranyachi
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs