Current Affairs 28th December 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
NITI Aayog released 4th State Health Index; Kerala topped
- NITI Aayog has released fourth edition of the State Health Index for 2019–20 that provides incremental performance in health outcomes and status.
- Developed by: NITI Aayog, World Bank, and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW).
- Among the Larger States, Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Telangana emerged among the best three performers in terms of Overall Performance at 1st, 2nd and 3rd rank respectively. Uttar Pradesh (UP) ranked at the bottom i.e. 19th.
- Among the Smaller States, Mizoram (1st), Tripura (2nd), and Sikkim (3rd) emerged as the best performer in Overall Performance. Nagaland ranked 8th.
- Among the UTs, DH & DD-Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu (1st), Chandigarh (2nd), and Lakshadweep (3rd) are top performers. Among UTs, Andaman & Nicobar ranked 7th.
About NITI Aayog:
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- Vice Chairperson: Rajiv Kumar
- CEO: Amitabh Kant
Govt set up high-level committee to examine possibility of lifting AFSPA in Nagaland; headed by Vivek Joshi
- The Government of India has decided to constitute a ‘five-member’ committee to look into the demand for withdrawal of Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act “AFSPA” in Nagaland.
- The committee headed by Vivek Joshi, the Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India, would submit its recommendations within 45 days.
- Additional Secretary in the Home Ministry Piyush Goyal will be its Member-Secretary. The Chief Secretary and DGP of Nagaland and the DGP of Assam Rifles will be the other members of the committee.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- SEBI set up Advisory Committee for Leveraging Regulatory and Technology Solutions (ALeRTS): Madhabi Puri Buch
- IFSCA set up committee for creating a framework for the transfer of stressed loans: G Padmanabhan
- SEBI’s Secondary Market Advisory Committee (SMAC): Madhabi Puri Buch
- SEBI’s Advisory committee on Mutual Funds: Usha Thorat
- SEBI’s Corporate Bonds and Securitization Advisory Committee (CoBoSAC): G Mahalingam
- SEBI’s Information Systems Security Committee (ISSC): Prof H Krishnamurthy
- 10-member sub-committee under PMFBY to explore the feasibility of adoption of various technology-based approaches developed by ISRO: KR Manjunath
- Sub-committee under PMFBY for cost benefit analysis of all ‘accepted models of agriculture: Saurabh Mishra
India will become 3rd largest economy in 2031 as per CEBR’s World Economic League Table 2022
- As per the Centre for Economics and Business Research’s (CEBR) World Economic League Table 2022, India was predicted to become the 6th largest economy (by overtaking France) in 2022 and become the 3rd largest economy in 2031.
- The annual league table also predicted that China will overtake the US to be the largest economy in 2030 (two years later than the forecast in 2021). The world economy is set to surpass $100 trillion for the first time in 2022.
|Ranking out of 191 Countries||2021||2022||2026||2031||2036|
Banking and Financial
Indipaisa partnered with NSDL Payments Bank to launch a new Fintech platform targeting SMEs
- Indipaisa signed a partnership agreement with NSDL Payments Bank to launch Financial Technology (Fintech) solutions targeting India’s 63 million Small & Mid-sized Enterprise (SME) sector.
- Aim: To empower SME owners & operators provide facilities and services that help them grow businesses, comply with government tax laws and build a sustainable future.
About NSDL Payments Bank:
- Founded: 1996
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Abhijit Kamalapurkar
HDFC Bank partnered with IPPB to offer banking services in rural areas
- HDFC Bank has signed an MoU with India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) to offer banking services to over 4.7 crore customers of IPPB in semi-urban and rural areas.
- Under the MoU, out of 4.7 crores customers around 90 per cent reside in rural areas. HDFC Bank aims to boost its financial inclusion drive by leveraging IPPB’s network of 650 branches and over 136,000 banking access points.
About India Post Payments Bank (IPPB):
- Founded: 2018, under the Department of Posts, Ministry of Communication
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- MD & CEO: J Venkatramu
- Tag line: Aapka Bank, Aapke Dwaar
HDFC Life signed bancassurance partnership with South Indian Bank
- HDFC Life signed a bancassurance (Bank-Insurance) agreement with South Indian Bank to enable customers of the South Indian Bank to avail HDFC Life’s life insurance products and services to the customers of South Indian Bank.
- HDFC Life is targeting to provide the customer with innovative products and superior levels of services through the physical and digital routes.
About South Indian Bank:
- Founded: 29 January 1929
- Headquarters: Thrissur, Kerala
- MD & CEO: Murali Ramakrishnan
IndusInd Bank and NPCI partner to offer cross-border payments through UPI
- IndusInd Bank has partnered with the National Payments Corporation to offer real-time cross-border remittances to India using UPI IDs, for its Money Transfer Operator (MTO) partners.
- It is the first Indian bank to go live on UPI for cross-border payments/NRI remittances.
- Under this arrangement, the MTOs will be using the IndusInd Bank channel to connect with NPCI’s UPI payment systems for validation and cross-border payment settlement into beneficiary accounts.
- IndusInd Bank has started off with Thailand’s DeeMoney for Foreign Inward Remittance (FIR) through UPI.
About National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI):
- Founded: 2008
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Dilip Asbe
Appointment and Resignation
RBI appointed Yogesh Dayal as additional director on RBL board
- The RBI has appointed Yogesh Dayal as an additional director on the board of RBL Bank.
- The private sector lender’s MD and CEO Vishwavir Ahuja has proceeded on leave with immediate effect.
- The central bank invoked Section 36 AB contained in Part 2A (Control over Management) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
About RBL Bank:
- Founded: 1943
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CEO & MD: Rajeev Ahuja
- Tagline: Apno Ka Bank
Viral Desai won the Global Environment and Climate Action Citizen Award 2021
- Viral Sudhirbhai Desai, an industrialist from Surat, who is popularly known as the Greenman or green man of Gujarat has been honoured with the Global Environment and Climate Action Citizen Award 2021.
- The winners of the 8th Edition of the “Bharat Gaurav Awards” Lifetime achievement award, were felicitated at Atlantis, The Palm Island, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) with the Bharat Gaurav Samman by Sanskruti Yuva Sansthan.
- The other winners include motivational speaker Padma Shri Gaur Gopaldas, polo player Ashvini Kumar Sharma, Akshaya Patra Foundation’s chairman Padma Shri Madhu Pandit Dasa, instrumentalist Padma Bhushan Pandit Vishwa Mohan Bhatt, Padma Shri Ramkishore Chhipa, Nirbhaya’s mother Asha Devi, investor banker Saket Mishra, Dr Jitendra Matlani, a renowned social icon of Dubai and others.
Anukrti Upadhyay won Sushila Devi Award 2021 for her novel, Kintsugi
- Anukrti Upadhyay has won the Sushila Devi Award 2021 for the Best Book of Fiction for her novel, Kintsugi.
- The Ratanlal Foundation and the organizing Committee of the Bhopal Literature and Art Festival announced the winner, for this notable award for fiction written by a woman author and published in 2020. This prize has been instituted by the Shri Ratanlal Foundation.
Rajnath Singh laid foundation stone for Defence Technology & Test Centre and BRAHMOS Manufacturing Centre of DRDO in Lucknow
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has laid the foundation stone for Defence Technology and Test Centre (DTTC) and BRAHMOS Manufacturing Centre, established by Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) in Lucknow.
- BRAHMOS supersonic cruise missile system is to act as a deterrent and reflects the technical cooperation between India and Russia, but also the long-standing cultural, political and diplomatic ties.
- The first of its kind DTTC will be spread over 22 acres area. It aims to accelerate the growth of defence and aerospace manufacturing in the Uttar Pradesh Defence Industrial Corridor (UP DIC).
About Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO):
- Founded: 1958
- Headquarters: DRDO Bhavan, New Delhi
- Chairman: G Satheesh Reddy
Book and Author
A new book “The Kashmir Conundrum: The Quest for Peace in a Troubled Land”, authored by Gen Nirmal Chander Vij released
- A new book by India’s former Chief of Army Staff, Gen. Nirmal Chander Vij (retd), “The Kashmir Conundrum: The Quest for Peace in a Troubled Land”, claims to offer a “complete picture” of the conflicts in Jammu and Kashmir, and the way forward.
- In the book, Gen. Vij argues that the conflicts in Jammu and Kashmir are “symptomatic of the India-Pakistan rivalry” post-Partition, and contextualises the issue by beginning the book with a summation of the region’s history.
‘He-Man’ artist and toy designer Mark Taylor passed away
- Mark Taylor, artist and toy designer for the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe franchise as well as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles passed away.
- He-man was the muscled frontman for toy manufacturer Mattel’s Masters of the Universe franchise. He-Man was the epitome of hulking superhero warrior but also became an icon within the LGBTQ+ community.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs