Current Affairs 29th April 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Maharashtra became India’s 1st state to develop Migration Tracking System app for portability of ICDS scheme
- Maharashtra became the first state in India to develop a website-based Migration Tracking System (MTS) application to track the movement of migrant workers through individual unique identity numbers.
- The MTS project aims to ensure the continuity of Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) for migrant beneficiaries, such as children under the age of 18, lactating mothers, and pregnant women who are registered with Anganwadi centres.
- Migration workers will be tracked to ensure the portability of the ICDS for their families in their destination districts within or outside the state until their return to their native places.
ICDS is a centrally sponsored scheme implemented by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. It was launched in 1975.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief minister: Uddhav Thackeray
Google signed MoU with Telangana for the digital economy for youth, women entrepreneurs
- Google has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Telangana Government to provide benefits of digital economy to the youth and women entrepreneurs.
- The state government has been working with Google since 2017 on improving digital literacy. Google and WE Hub, Govt. of Telangana, will jointly carry out Women Will programme to deliver digital, business, and financial skills to nano, micro, and small women-led businesses.
- Founded: 4 September 1998
- Headquarters: California, United States
- CEO: Sundar Pichai
- Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin
IndiGo became 1st airline to land aircraft using navigation system GAGAN
- IndiGo became the first airline in the country to land aircraft using the indigenous navigation system GAGAN.
- The flight was conducted using an ATR-72 aircraft and landed at the Kishangarh airport in Rajasthan, using GPS-aided geo-augmented navigation (GAGAN), which has been jointly developed by the Centre-run Airports Authority of India (AAI) and the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- GAGAN is used to provide lateral and vertical guidance when an aircraft is approaching a runway for landing. Its precision is especially useful at small airports where the instrument landing system (ILS) has not been installed.
- Founded: 2006
- Headquarters: Gurugram
- CEO: Rono Dutta
World Bank approved $47 million program for India’s Mission Karmayogi program
- The World Bank has approved a USD 47 million financial support to the Government of India for the Mission Karmayogi, a national program to build civil service capacity.
- The loan of $47 million provided from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) has a final maturity of 11 years, including a grace period of 4.5 years. Mission Karmayogi was launched by Union Cabinet on 2nd September 2020.
List of Loan approved by World Bank 2021-22
- USD 125 million: to West Bengal for social protection services
- $115 million (INR 869 crore): to GoI, Karnataka and Odisha for implementation of REWARD Project
- $125 million: for social protection services in West Bengal
- USD 150 million: Partial Guarantee Facility Agreement (PGFA) with Axis Bank for a partial guarantee programme
- USD 600 million: to Sri Lanka to make payments for essential imports
Banking and Financial
Pencilton launched contactless Rupay keychains with Transcorp & NPCI
- Teen-focused fintech company Pencilton has launched PencilKey, a contactless keychain in partnership with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and Transcorp.
- Users can load money, check spends, block/unblock the account, set limits on their card through the Pencilton app, and can buy their PencilKey and PencilCard for ₹150 and ₹100 respectively.
- Presently, the PencilKey is equipped with the benefits of NCMC which works at the Delhi Airport Metro and Goa buses.
About Transcorp International Limited:
- Established: 1994
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- Managing Director: Gopal Sharma
Bank of Baroda launched a new feature ‘bob World Gold’ for senior citizens
- Bank of Baroda has launched “bob World Gold”, a new feature on its bob World mobile banking platform for seniors and the elderly.
- It is a unique digital banking platform that has been designed toprovide its senior customers with a simple, smooth and secure mobile banking experience. This platform has easy navigation, large fonts, sufficient spacing and clear menus.
About Bank of Baroda (BoB):
- Founded: 20 July 1908
- Headquarters: Vadodara, Gujarat
- Managing Director & CEO: Sanjiv Chadha
- Tagline: India’s International Bank
- Amalgamated Banks: Dena Bank & Vijaya Bank in 2019
Appointment and Resignation
SBI ex-chairman Rajnish Kumar joined Indifi Technologies as advisor
- Online lending platform, Indifi Technologies has appointed former chairman of SBI, Rajnish Kumar as an advisor.
- Presently, he sits on the boards of HSBC Asia Pacific, L&T Infotech, Hero MotoCorp and BharatPe.
- As an advisor, he will engage with the management on the company’s growth strategy and provide guidance in the financial services sector.
About State Bank of India (SBI):
- Founded: 1 July 1955
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairman: Dinesh Kumar Khara
- SBI MDs: Ashwani Bhatia, C.S. Setty, Swaminathan Janakiraman and Ashwini Kumar Tewari
Vijay Sampla re-appointed as Chairperson of NCSC
- Vijay Sampla, Former Union Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment, has been appointed as the Chairperson of the National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC) for a 2nd time.
- He assumed the charge as Chairman of NCSC on 24th April 2022. Ram Nath Kovind, President of India, issued the official order of this appointment.
- Initially, in February 2021, he was appointed as the Chairman of the NCSC and Ahead of the Punjab Elections he resigned from his post and contested in the polls.
About National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC):
- Founded: 1978
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairman: Vijay Sampla
Glenmark received the ‘India Pharma Innovation of the Year’ award from the Government of India
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd has received the ‘India Pharma Innovation of the Year’ Award and was adjudged runners-up in the ‘India Pharma CSR of the Year’ category, as part of the India Pharma & India Medical Device Awards 2022.
- The seventh edition of the annual awards was jointly organized by the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) and Invest India.
- Indian Pharma Leader of the Year: Cipla Ltd.
- Indian Pharma (Formulation): Micro Labs Ltd.
- Indian Pharma CSR of the year: Zydus Lifesciences Ltd
- India Medical Device Leader of the Year: Poly Medicure Ltd.
- India Medical Device Company of the Year: Trivitron Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Ardeshir B K Dubash conferred highest diplomatic award by Peru Government
- The former Honorary Consul of Peru in Mumbai, Ardeshir B.K. Dubash has received the Order of “Merit in the Diplomatic Service of Peru Jose Gregorio Paz Soldan” by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Peru.
- Ambassador of Peru in India, H.E. Carlos R. Polo has conferred the award to him. Dubash was designated as Honorary Consul of Peru in 1973. The Order of Merit was instituted in 2004, named after José Gregorio Paz Soldán.
- Capital: Lima
- Currency: Sol
- President: Pedro Castillo
29 April: International Dance Day
- International Dance Day is celebrated on 29 April every year all over the world to celebrate the different dance forms.
- The day also marks the birth anniversary of Jean-Georges Noverre, the creator of modern ballet. International Dance Day was celebrated on 29 April in the year 1982 for the very first time.
- International Dance Day came into existence when the Dance Committee of the International Theatre Institute started to recognise it. It is the main partner for the performing arts of UNESCO.
Film and TV actor Salim Ghouse passed away
- Film and TV actor Salim Ghouse passed away in Mumbai after suffering a cardiac arrest. He was 70.
- Ghouse started his acting journey in 1978 with the movie Swarg Narak, following which he featured in films like Chakra (1981), Saaransh (1984), Mohan Joshi Hazir Ho! (1984), and several others.
- Ghouse was also a known face in the television industry. He essayed the roles of Rama, Krishna and Tipu Sultan in Shyam Benegal’s TV Series Bharat Ek Khoj. He was also a part of the sitcom Wagle Ki Duniya (1988).
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs