Current Affairs 29th December 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
PM Modi laid the foundation stone of 4 hydropower projects in Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
- PM Modi inaugurated and laid the foundation of the hydropower projects worth Rs 11000 crore in Mandi, Himachal Pradesh.
- He inaugurated the Sawra-Kuddu Hydro Power Project, a 111 MW Project which has been built at a cost of around Rs 2,080 crore.
- He also laid the foundation stone of the Renukaji Dam project which has been kept pending for around 3 decades. The 40 MW project will be built at a cost of around Rs 7,000 crore.
- Other Projects are: Luhri Stage 1 Hydro Power Project and Dhaulasidh Hydro Power Project, the first hydropower project of the Hamirpur district.
About Himachal Pradesh:
- Capital: Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter)
- Governor: Rajendra Arlekar
- Chief Minister: Jai Ram Thakur
Haryana CM launched ‘Haryana Kaushal Rozgar Nigam’ portal
- The Chief Minister of Haryana, Manohar Lal Khattar, launched the ‘Haryana Kaushal Rozgar Nigam portal’ and announced to set up the Atal Park & Smriti Kendra in Gurugram, Haryana.
- The CM also honoured 78 officers and employees for delivering best services in various fields. He also launched a magazine ‘Vyavastha Parivartan Se Susashan’ and the 2022 official calendar.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya
Gujarat launched portal to monitor benefits of state health schemes
- Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel launched a health service management centre (HSMC) for monitoring various national and state-level health schemes.
- CM also launched the website of the Gujarat Epidemic Response Management Information System (GERMIS) in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- Aim: To monitor the benefits received under various government schemes such as Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana (PMJAY), Mukhyamantri Amrutam (MA) scheme, nutrition-related schemes, maternal and child health schemes.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- Chief minister: Bhupendrabhai Patel
Telangana topped in the Implementation of Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission
- Telangana has secured 1st place among the 34 states and Union Territories that implement the Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission (SPMRM).
- Tamil Nadu and Gujarat have secured 2nd and 3rd place on the list respectively.
- In the Ranking of the Cluster, among the 295 clusters, the Ryakal cluster of Sangareddy and the Jukkal cluster of Kamareddy in Telangana has secured the 1st and 2nd position respectively. The Aibawk cluster of Aizawl in Mizoram has secured the 3rd position.
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
- Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
Japan introduced the world’s 1st Dual-Mode Vehicle that can run on Roads and Tracks
- Japan has introduced a minibus lookalike world’s first dual-mode vehicle (DMV) in its town of Kaiyo.
- The vehicle can run on normal rubber tyres on the road but its steel wheels, which are in its underbelly, descend when it hits the rail tracks.
- The DMV can carry up to 21 passengers and runs at a speed of 60km/h on rail tracks and can go as fast as around 100km/h on public roads.
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese Yen
- Emperor: Naruhito
Banking and Financial
Karnataka govt partnered with NPCI & SBI to implement ‘e-RUPI’ for payment of scholarships
- The Karnataka government has partnered with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) & State Bank of India (SBI) to enable and implement the ‘e-RUPI’ payment solution to students under its scholarship programme.
- For redeeming e-RUPI, the identified institutes will scan the QR code or SMS string displayed by the students using an application.
- The e-RUPI is a cashless and contactless payment solution provided by NPCI and It will be used to ensure leak-proof delivery transactions.
About National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI):
- Founded: 2008
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Dilip Asbe
RBI imposed ₹30 lakh penalty on MUFG Bank
- RBI has imposed a monetary penalty of ₹30 Lakh on MUFG Bank Ltd for non-compliance with its directions on ‘Loans and Advances – Statutory and Other Restrictions’.
- MUFG Bank has the largest network amongst Japanese banks in India, with a presence in five locations.
List of Banks who has been imposed penalty by RBI Recently
- RBI imposed a penalty of 2 lakh on Pune People’s Co-operative Bank Limited, Pune for non-compliance with ‘know your customer’ norms
- RBI imposed Rs 1 crore penalty on SBI for non-compliance
- RBI imposed a fine of Rs 1.95 crores on Standard Chartered Bank
- RBI imposed ₹1 crore penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- RBI imposed a monetary penalty of Rs. 1 crore on State Bank of India
- RBI imposed Rs. 1 crore penalty on Union Bank of India
- RBI imposed a penalty of Rs 1.8 crores on Punjab National Bank (PNB), and Rs 30 lakh on ICICI Bank
- RBI imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 1 crore each on payment operators One Mobikwik & Spice Money
PNB entered into co-lending arrangement with Lendingkart to improve credit flow to unserved
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) has entered into a co-lending arrangement with Lendingkart Finance Ltd. This partnership is part of its efforts to improve the flow of credit to the unserved and underserved sector of the economy.
- The partnership under this co-lending arrangement will result in significant disbursement under Priority Sector Lending. This arrangement will focus on digital underwriting and cashflow based lending.
About Punjab National Bank (PNB):
- Founded: 1894
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- MD & CEO: Atul Kumar Goel
- Tagline: The Name You Can Bank Upon
Appointment and Resignation
Atul Kumar Goel appointed as new MD & CEO of PNB; Soma Sankara Prasad as MD & CEO of UCO Bank
- Atul Kumar Goel was appointed as the Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Punjab National Bank (PNB) by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC).
- Atul Kumar Goel will serve as PNB chief until December 31, 2024. He will succeed Mallikarjuna Rao, the incumbent MD & CEO of PNB, who will retire on 31st January 2022.
- Prior to this appointment, Atul Kumar Goel served as the MD & CEO of UCO Bank. The committee appointed Soma Sankara Prasad as MD & CEO of UCO Bank, who presently serves as the Deputy MD at State Bank of India.
List of CEO of Other Bank
- Bank of Baroda: Sanjiv Chadha
- Bank of India: Atanu Kumar Das
- Central Bank of India: Matam Venkata Rao
- Indian Bank: Shanti Lal Jain
- Indian Overseas Bank: Partha Pratim Sengupta
Eishin Chihana named as new chairman of Yamaha Motor India Group
- India Yamaha Motor Pvt Ltd has announced that Eishin Chihana has taken charge of the Group’s India operations as its new
- He has replaced Motofumi Shitara. Chihana has been associated with Yamaha Motor Company and its group companies across the globe since
DRDO selected Paras Defence for handing over technology of border surveillance systems
- Defence Research Development Organization has selected Paras Defence & Space Technologies Ltd as one of the companies for handing over technology of border surveillance systems developed by Instruments Research & Development Establishment (IRDE) and DRDO.
- This technology has been transferred by a licensing agreement for transfer of technology (ToT) for border surveillance Systems entered between Paras Defence, IRDE and DRDO.
About Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO):
- Headquarters: DRDO Bhavan, New Delhi
- Chairman: G Satheesh Reddy
National Dope Testing Laboratory regained WADA accreditation
- World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) restored the accreditation of National Dope Testing Laboratory (NDTL) in accordance with the International Standard for Laboratories (ISL), which had been suspended since August 2019.
- With this, NDTL’s Anti-Doping testing and activities will be resumed with immediate effect.
- NDTL has also been collaborating with other WADA accredited laboratories for strengthening its research activities and anti-doping efforts.
About World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA):
- Founder: Dick Pound
- Founded: 10 November 1999
- Headquarters: Montreal, Canada
- President: Craig Reedie
Book and Author
A Book ‘Dr V L Dutt: Glimpses of a Pioneer’s Life Journey’ authored by V L Indira Dutt
- Vice President of India M Venkaiah Naidu launched the book titled ‘Dr V L Dutt: Glimpses of a Pioneer’s Life Journey’ authored by Dr V L Indira Dutt, Chairperson and Managing Director of KCP Group, in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- The book is based on the life of Late Velagapudi Lakshmana Dutt (V.L. Dutt), the former Chairman of KCP Group. He was an industrialist, philanthropist and visionary.
Janata Dal (United) Rajya Sabha MP and industrialist Mahendra Prasad passed away
- Seven-time Rajya Sabha MP from the Janata Dal (United) & industrialist, Mahendra Prasad passed away in New Delhi.
- Prasad was a seven-term Rajya Sabha MP from Bihar and was also elected to the Lok Sabha once. Prasad was first elected to the Lok Sabha on a Congress ticket in 1980.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs