Current Affairs 29th March 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Pramod Sawant took oath as Goa’s Chief Minister for the 2nd time
- Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader and three-time MLA Dr Pramod Sawant was sworn–in as Goa’s Chief Minister for the second time in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and other top BJP guns at the Syama Prasad Mookerjee stadium in Taleigao.
- Sawant, who was first appointed CM of the coastal State following Manohar Parrikar’s untimely death in March 2019, was administered the oath of office and secrecy by Governor P.S. Sreedharan Pillai along with eight other BJP MLAs who will be Ministers in the new Goa cabinet.
- Mr Sawant, 48, is an MLA from Sankhalim in North Goa. He was elected Speaker of the Legislative Assembly when the BJP formed its government under the leadership of Manohar Parrikar in 2017.
- Capital: Panaji
- CM: Pramod Sawant
- Governor: S. Sreedharan Pillai
Surat, Gujarat became India’s 1st city to get ‘steel slag road’
- The Diamond City of India, Surat in Gujarat became India’s first city to get a road that is made out of steel waste (1st ever ‘steel slag ’road) at Hazira Industrial Area, Surat.
- The road was built with 100% processed steel slag. The project will be constructed under the initiative of the Waste to Wealth and Clean India Campaign.
- The steel slag road has been built by ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel India with CSIR India (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research) & CRRI (Central Road Research Institute) New Delhi along with the support of the National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- Chief minister: Bhupendrabhai Patel
Shaktikanta Das dedicated Varnika Ink Manufacturing Unit of BRBNMPL in Mysuru to nation
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das has set up the Ink Manufacturing Unit named, Varnika under Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran Private Limited (BRBNMPL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of RBI in Mysuru, Karnataka.
- Varnika has an annual ink manufacturing capacity of 1,500 MT, which helps to enhance the security of banknotes. This unit also manufactures Colour Shift Intaglio Ink (CSII).
- Shaktikanta Das has dedicated “Varnika” to the nation. This will help to boost the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
About Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran Private Limited (BRBNMPL):
- Founded: 3 February 1995
- Headquarters: Bangalore
UNEP’s Annual Frontier Report: Dhaka 1st and Moradabad 2nd most noise polluted city in the world
- According to the Annual Frontier Report, 2022 published by United Nations Environment Programme, Bangladesh’s Dhaka is the noisiest city in the world.
- As per the report, the city recorded noise pollution of 119 decibels at its highest (dB) in 2021. Uttar Pradesh’s Moradabad came second in the list with noise pollution of 114 decibels.
- The WHO guidelines state that sounds with a frequency of over 70 dB is considered harmful to health. For residential areas, the sound limit of 55-dB is standard, while for traffic and business sectors, this limit is 70 dB.
- Most noise polluted cities in the world: Dhaka (Bangladesh), Moradabad (UP, India), Islamabad (Pakistan), Rajshahi (Bangladesh), Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)
- Quietest cities in the world: Irbrid at 60 dB, Lyon at 69 dB, Madrid at 69 dB, Stockholm at 70 dB, and Belgrade at 70 dB.
- Most noise polluted cities in India: Moradabad, Kolkata (89 dB), Asansol (89 dB), Jaipur (84 dB), and Delhi (83 dB).
About The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP):
- Founded: 1972
- Headquarters: Nairobi, Kenya
- Executive Director: Inger Andersen (Denmark)
Robert Abela re-elected as Prime Minister of Malta
- The Prime Minister of Malta, Robert Abela has been sworn in for a second term after his ruling Labour Party won the 2022 general election in a landslide victory.
- Labour Party has won 55.11% of the total vote against the Nationalist Party’s 41.7%. This is the Labour Party’s third consecutive general election win since 2013.
- He was administered the oath of office by President George Vella. Abela was first sworn in as prime minister in January 2020 after the former Labour Party leader and prime minister Joseph Muscat resigned.
- Capital: Valletta
- Currency: Euro
- President: George Vella
Banking and Financial
DBS Bank India partnered with EaseMyTrip to launch a green debit card
- DBS Bank India collaborated with EaseMyTrip to launch an environment-friendly green international debit card made using 99% recycled polyvinyl chloride (PVC) material.
- Green Debit Card provides exclusive travel-related offers and rewards to customers for adopting eco-friendly practices.
- Withdrawal Limit – ₹1,50,000 per day (India and Overseas) & Purchase Limit – ₹1,50,000 in India and up to ₹1,00,000 globally.
About DBS Bank India:
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Surojit Shome
RBI unveiled framework for geo-tagging of payment system touch points
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued a framework for Geo-tagging of Payment System Touch Points/acceptance infrastructure under Section 10 (2) read with Section 18 of Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 (Act 51 of 2007).
- This system will be deployed by banks / non-bank Payment System Operators (PSOs) to ensure proper monitoring of the availability of payment acceptance infrastructure.
- The framework was issued on the lines of the Monetary Policy Statement 2020-21of October 08, 2021.
Fully Owned Subsidiaries of Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation of India (DICGC),
- Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran Private Limited (BRBNMPL),
- Reserve Bank Information Technology Private Limited (ReBIT),
- Indian Financial Technology and Allied Services (IFTAS),
- Reserve Bank Innovation Hub (RBIH)
SIDBI approved Rs 837 crores grant for Odisha to develop MSME Clusters
- The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has approved a Rs 837 crores grant to the Government of Odisha under its SIDBI Cluster Development Fund (SCDF) to promote and develop 18 micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSME) infrastructure projects in Odisha.
- The projects include the development of five new MSME parks, the construction of 11 worker’s hostels and two projects to support MSME infrastructure and will be implemented by the Odisha Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (IDCO).
- It has also inked an agreement with the state to set up Project Management Unit(PMU) to design schemes and programmes that strengthens the MSME ecosystem. So far, SIDBI has signed Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) with around 15 states to set up PMUs.
- The SCDF scheme offers the state governments low-interest loans to upgrade existing MSME clusters and build new industrial infrastructure. The UK Sinha committee on MSME was constituted by the Reserve Bank of India in 2019. Based on its report, SIDBI offers support to various state governments.
About Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI):
- Founded: 2 April 1990
- Headquarters: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- CMD: Sivasubramanian Ramann
Appointment and Resignation
Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma re-elected as President of Badminton Association of India
- Assam Chief Minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma was re-elected unopposed as the president of Badminton Association of India (BAI) for another four years term from 2022 to 2026.
- Sarma, who took over the reins of BAI in 2017, is also the Badminton Asia vice president and a member of the Badminton World Federation Executive Council member.
- Former junior national coach Sanjay Mishra would be the new general secretary with incumbent Ajay Kumar Singhania becoming vice-president in the new executive council. Maharashtra Badminton Association president Arun Lakhani will be the new treasurer.
- Chief national coach Pullela Gopichand will make a foray into BAI administration after being elected as vice-president along with Anbumani Ramadoss and nine others.
About Badminton Association of India (BAI):
- President: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Founded: 1934
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Deepika Padukone won TIME100 Impact Award for contribution to mental health awareness
- Bollywood Actress Deepika Padukone has been honoured at the TIME100 Impact Awards.
- The actress has got featured on the inaugural TIME100 Impact Awards list for her work in mental health struggles and raising awareness, through her LiveLoveLaugh Foundation.
- Deepika is the founder of the LiveLoveLaugh Foundation, which helps to create awareness about mental health.
- The award ceremony was held at the Museum of the Future in Dubai. She also got on the list of one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2018 by TIME.
MoD signed Rs 473 crore contract with Goa Shipyard Ltd for construction of 8 Fast Patrol Vessels for ICG
- Ministry of Defence has signed a Rs 473 crore deal with the Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL) to construct eight Fast Patrol Vessels for the Indian Coast Guard.
- These patrol vessels will be designed, developed, and manufactured by GSL under Buy (Indian-IDDM) category. This deal would boost the indigenous shipbuilding capability.
- The deal was signed by Joint Secretary (Maritime & Systems) Dinesh Kumar and Chairman and MD, GSL Commodore BB Nagpal (Retd) in New Delhi.
About Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL):
- Founded: 1957
- Headquarters: Vasco da Gama, Goa
- Chairman & MD: Bharat Bhushan Nagpal
US & Philippines hold largest-ever military drills Balikatan 2022
- The largest-ever military drill, ‘Balikatan 2022,‘ began between the United States military and the military of the Philippines.
- This exercise takes place across Luzon in the Philippines region near Taiwan from March 28 to April 8, 2022
- The drills will focus on amphibious operations, maritime security, urban operations, live-fire training, aviation operations, counterterrorism, and humanitarian assistance and disaster relief.
- Around 8,900 Filipino and American troops are participating in the military drill, making it the largest Balikatan military exercise ever.
Note: Some Important Exercise:
- KAZIND: India and Kazakhstan
- Dharma Guardian: India and Japan
- Shinyu Maitri: India and Japan
- JIMEX: Indian and Japan
- Dustlik: India-Uzbekistan
- Lamitye: India-Seychelles
Max Verstappen won 2022 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands) has won the Formula One 2022 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix at Jeddah Corniche Circuit, Saudi Arabia. This is the 21st title of his career.
- Charles Leclerc (Ferrari- Monaco) came second and Carlos Sainz Jr. (Ferrari – Spain) came third. It was the second edition of the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix and the second round of the 2022 Formula One World Championship.
Note: List of 2022 F1 Race
- Bahrain Grand Prix: Charles Leclerc (Ferrari-Monaco)
- Saudi Arabian Grand Prix: Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands)
Book and Author
A book titled ‘Spoorthi Pradatha Sri Somayya’ authored by K Syam Prasad
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu, released a book titled ‘Spoorthi Pradatha Sri Somayya’ authored by Syam Prasad.
- The book is based on the life story of late Shri Somepalli Somaiah, a social worker from Andhra Pradesh. He inspired youth to dedicate their lives to social welfare.
- Somepalli Somaiah was born in 1927 in “Parlamili” village of Prakasham district. He dedicated his life to reform and the betterment of society for 50 years. He participated in the Satyagraha of 1948 and against the ban on RSS (Rashtriya Seva Sangh) and was jailed for the same.
26 March 2022: Bangladesh 52nd Independence Day
- On 26th March 2022, Bangladesh celebrated its 52nd Independence Day. President M Abdul Hamid and PM Sheikh Hasina paid their tributes to the martyrs of the liberation war at the National War Memorial in Dhaka.
- On 26 March 1971, Bangladesh was announced as an independent nation by Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. High Commissioner of India to Bangladesh Vikram Doraiswami also paid tribute to the martyrs of the liberation war at the National War Memorial.
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- President: Abdul Hamid
- Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs