Current Affairs 30th August 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Jitendra Singh unveiled dedicated website to give further boost to Coastal Clean-Up Campaign
- Union Minister for Earth Sciences Jitendra Singh has unveiled a dedicated website http://www.swachhsagar.org to give a further boost to the ongoing Coastal Clean-Up campaign.
- The Minister also informed that more than 200 tons of garbage have been removed from the sea coasts during the first 20 days of the ongoing campaign.
- The campaign was launched on the 5th of July, 2022.
- So far more than 52,000 volunteers from 24 States have already registered for the campaign to raise awareness about Swachh Sagar, Surakshit Sagar”, which will culminate on “International Coastal Clean-up Day” on the 17th of September.
Sports Ministry organized ‘Meet the Champion’ initiative
- Youth Affairs and Sports Ministry has organized – ‘Meet the Champion’ initiative in 26 schools across the country on the occasion of National Sports Day on 29 August 2022.
- Few of the prominent athletes who will be part of this initiative are Commonwealth Games and World Championships Gold Medalist Nikhat Zareen, Paralympics, and CWG medalist Bhavina Patel, etc.
- Meet the Champion’ is a unique school visit campaign that was kicked off by Olympic Gold medallist Neeraj Chopra in December last year.
- Sports Authority of India will also be celebrating this year’s National Sports Day, as part of the FIT INDIA campaign, with the theme of Sports as an enabler for an inclusive and fit society.
India and Tanzania decided to set up task force for defence cooperation
- India and Tanzania have decided to set up a task force to prepare a five-year roadmap to boost bilateral defence cooperation.
- The decision was taken during wide-ranging talks between Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and his visiting Tanzanian counterpart, Stergomena Lawrence Tax.
- Objective – To boost the bilateral defence ties as well as military-to-military cooperation is in sync with India’s broader priority to deepen its strategic ties with Africa.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has also invited Tax to the India-Africa Defence Dialogue and the DefExpo.
- Capital– Dodoma
- Currency– Tanzanian shilling
- President- Samia Suluhu Hassan
Uttarakhand CM launched ‘CM Udyman Khiladi Unnayan Yojana’
- Uttarakhand CM Pushkar Singh Dhami on the occasion of National Sports Day has launched the CM Udyman Khiladi Unnayan Yojana.
- Under this scheme, a sports scholarship of Rs1500 per month will be given to the emerging players of the state between the age group of 8 to 14 years.
- A total of 3900 players will be given scholarships every year, which will include 1950 boys & 1950 girls.
- Capital – Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
- Chief Minister – Pushkar Singh Dhami
- Governor – Gurmit Singh
Recent Schemes and Apps of Uttrakhand
- Him Prahari scheme
- e-FIR Service
- 1064 Anti-Corruption Application
- Mukhyamantri Swarojgar Yojana
- Mukhya Mantri Saur Swarojgar Yojana
- Hans Jal Dhara Yojana
- Integrated Model Agricultural Village scheme (Ekikrit Adarsh Krishi Gram Yojana)
Gautam Adani becomes 3rd Richest Person in World
- Business conglomerate Adani Group’s Chairman Gautam Adani is now the world’s third-richest person after overtaking France’s Bernard Arnault according to Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
- With a total net worth of USD 137.4 billion, Adani has surpassed the wealth of Louis Vuitton chairman Arnault and is now just behind business magnate Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos in the ranking.
- The net worth of Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos are currently at USD 251 billion and USD 153 billion, respectively.
- Reliance chief Mukesh Ambani is at number 11 with a total USD 91.9 billion worth.
- In the latest Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Reliance chief Mukesh Ambani is at number 11 with a total USD 91.9 billion worth.
- This is the first time an Asian person has broken into the top three of the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
Banking and Financial
SBI topped debit card market while HDFC leads credit card market
- The State Bank of India (SBI) has maintained its leadership position in the debit card market and HDFC Bank in the credit card market as of June 2022.
- SBI tops the chart in the debt card market with 30% market share as of June 2022.
- Bank of Baroda came in second with an 8% market share, followed by Bank of India, Canara Bank Union Bank, and Punjab National Bank, each with 5%.
- While PSU banks hold the lion’s share in the debit cards market share, HDFC Bank and Axis Bank witnessed the highest YoY growth in the segment with 19% and 18%, respectively.
- HDFC Bank also topped the charts in the credit cards segment with a market share of 22%, followed by SBI (18%), ICICI Bank (17%), Axis Bank (12%), RBL Bank (5%), and Kotak Mahindra Bank (5%).
About State Bank of India (SBI)
- Founded – 1 July 1955
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman – Dinesh Kumar Khara
- Managing Director – (4) Alok Kumar Choudhary, Swaminathan Janakiraman, Challa Sreenivasulu Setty, and Ashwini Kumar Tewari
- Imperial Bank of India was previous name of SBI.
- The presidency Banks of Bengal, Bombay and Madras with merged in 1921 to Imperial Bank of India.
- Tagline – (1) Pure Banking Nothing Else
(2) With you all the way
(3) A bank of the common man
(4) The banker to every Indian
(5) The Nation banks on us
ICICI Bank partnered with NPCI to launch RuPay credit cards
- ICICI Bank has partnered with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to launch a range of credit cards on the native payments network Rupay.
- This partnership has combined the advantages of ICICI Bank Credit Cards with Rupay’s exclusive offerings, providing enhanced benefits to customers.
- NPCI was established in 2008 as an umbrella organization for operating retail payments and settlement systems in India.
- It has become a pioneer in facilitating digital payments in the country through its bouquet of retail payment products such as Rupay card, UPI, BHIM, and Bharat BillPay, among others.
About Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India (ICICI) Bank
- Founded – 1994
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO – Sandeep Bakhshi
- Tagline – Hum Hai Na Khayal Apka
Appointment and Resignation
Ana Brnabic re-elected as Prime Minister of Serbia
- Serbian President Aleksandar Vuczic has appointed Ana Brnabic for the next term as the Prime Minister.
- She has been heading the Serbian government since 2017.
- In the April elections, Brnabic’s party was supported by 44 percent of voters.
- Capital – Belgrade
- Currency – Serbian dinar
- President – Aleksandar Vuczic
- Prime Minister – Ana Brnabic
Newly Appointed Prime Ministers & Presidents
- New president of Kenya – William Ruto
- Colombia’s first leftist President – Gustavo Petro
- New PM of Kuwait – Sheikh Mohammad Sabah Al Salem
- New PM of Sri Lanka – Dinesh Gunawardena
- New President of Sri Lanka – Ranil Wickremesinghe
- New President of Colombia – Gustavo Petro
- New President of South Korea – Yoon Suk Yeol
- New Prime Minister of Pakistan – Shehbaz Sharif
- New Prime Minister of France – Elisabeth Borne
- 1st Woman President of Hungary – Katalin Novak
- 1st Woman President of Tanzania – Samia Suluhu Hassan
- 1st Woman President of Honduras Xiomara Castro
- Hong Kong’s Next Leader -John Lee
- Re-Elected as President of Serbia – Aleksandar Vučić
- Hungary’s New Prime Minister - Viktor Orban
- New Prime Minister of Kazakhstan - Alikhan Smailov
- New President of of Albania – Bajram Begaj
- New Prime Minsiter of Israel – Yair Lapid
Adille Sumariwalla appointed as interim President of Indian Olympic Association
- The Indian Olympic Association has co-opted Adille Sumariwalla as the President of the association till fresh elections are held.
- Dr Narinder Dhruv Batra, resigned from the post of President, IOA on July 18 due to personal reasons.
- Currently, he is the president of the Athletics Federation of India and was elected as one of the members of the council of IAAF at its 50th congress, thus becoming the first Indian to do so.
- Whole-time member of SEBI – Ananth Narayan Gopalakrishnan
- MD of IDFC Limited – Mahendra Shah
- Chirman of DRDO – Samir V. Kamat
- CFO of Credit Suisse – Dixit Joshi
- Director of the National Institute of Immunology (NII) – Debasisa Mohanty
- Secretary to President Droupadi Murmu – Rajesh Verma
Linthoi Chanambam won Gold at Judo World Championships
- 15-year Linthoi Chanambam has secured India’s first-ever gold medal in Judo World Championships at the World Judo Cadet (U18) Championships.
- She defeated Bianca Reis of Brazil in the Women’s 57kg category.
- She became the first Indian judoka to win a medal at any age-group category of the World Championships.
- The 15-year-old has been one of the best judokas from India in the past couple.
- She also won a gold medal at the Sub-Junior National Judo Championships in 2017, since then she has been training at JSW’s Inspire Institute of Sports judo programme.
India spinner Rahul Sharma announced his retirement
- India spinner Rahul Sharma has announced his retirement from international and domestic cricket.
- The tall leg-spinner had first hogged the limelight during IPL 2011, where he represented Pune Warriors India.
- Rahul made his ODI debut under Virender Sehwag’s captaincy against West Indies in 2011. His T20I debut came under MS Dhoni against Australia in 2012.
- The 35-year-old will now be seen in the Road Safety Series, scheduled to take place in September-October. Former cricketers from many other countries will also be seen in action in the third edition of the tournament.
Recently retired cricketers
- Ben Stokes – One Day International Cricket – England
- Dinesh Ramdin – International Cricket – West Indies
- Tamim Iqbal – T20 International – Bangladesh
- Lendl Simmons – International Cricket – West Indies
- Eoin Morgan – International Cricket – England
- Mohammad Hafeez – International Cricket – Pakistan
- Ross Taylor – International Cricket – New Zealand
- Tim Bresnam – All Form of Cricket – England
- Danushka Gunathilaka – Test Cricket – Sri Lanka
- Chris Morris – All Form of Cricket – South Africa
- Suranga Lakmal – International Cricket – Sri Lanka
- Kieron Pollard – International Cricket – West Indies
- Hamish Bennett – All Form of Cricket – New Zealand
Rohit Sharma becomes highest run scorer in T20I cricket
- Indian batter Rohit Sharma has become the highest-run scorer in the T20I format of the game.
- Rohit accomplished this feat during India’s Asia Cup 2022 campaign opener against Pakistan in Dubai.
- Now he has a total of 3,499 runs across 125 innings in 133 games at an average of 32.10. He has four centuries and 27 half-centuries to his name in the shortest format, with the best individual score of 118.
- He has gone past New Zealand batter Martin Guptill, who currently has 3,497 runs under his belt.
- They are followed by Indian batter Virat Kohli (3,343 runs), Ireland opener Paul Stirling (3,011 runs), Australian opener Aaron Finch (2,855 runs), and Pakistani star Babar Azam (2,696 runs).
Book and Author
‘India’s Economy From Nehru To Modi’ book to be launched
- A new book named ‘India’s Economy From Nehru To Modi – A Brief History‘ written by Pulapre Balakrishnan will be launched shortly.
- The book is written about the economic progression of India from the time of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru to the current time of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Independent India’s economy is completing a 75-year-long journey.
- New India: Selected Writings 2014-19 – Launched by Former VP M Venkaiah Naidu
- Bibi: My Story – Benjamin Netanyahu’s Autobiography
- Field Guide, Birds of India’ – published by ZSI
- Dilip Kumar: In the Shadow of a Legend – Faisal Farooqui
- Beyond The Misty Veil, Temple Tales of Uttarakhand’ book released – Aradhana Johri
29 August – International Day against Nuclear Tests
- International Day against Nuclear Tests is observed annually on 29 August.
- Objective – creates public awareness regarding the effects of nuclear weapons tests, and detonations and further highlights the requirement for cessation of such nuclear tests.
- Established on 2 December 2009, this day was adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in its 64th session.
- This year marks the thirteenth anniversary of the event.
- The first nuclear test ‘Trinity’ was conducted on July 16, 1945, by the US Army in a desert in New Mexico.
30 August – National Small Industry Day
- National Small Industry Day is observed in India on August 30 every year.
- Objective – To encourage the rise and development of small-scale businesses for the economic development
- The central government had introduced an extensive policy package for the small-scale industry on 30 August 2000, and since then National Small Industry Day is observed every year.
- On the other hand, World MSME Day is observed on 27 June.
Eminent economist Abhijit Sen passed away
- Renowned economist and former Planning Commission member, Abhijit Sen has passed away at 72.
- In his career, he taught economics at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, and hold several important government positions including the chair of the Commission of Agricultural Cost and Prices.
- He was a member of the Planning Commission from 2004 to 2014, during the tenure of PM Manmohan Singh.
- He was awarded the Padma Bhushan for public service in 2010.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here