Current Affairs 30th June 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Maharashtra government signed an MoU with Adani Energy for 11000 MW power generation
- The Maharashtra government’s Energy department signed an MoU with Adani Green Energy Group Ltd (AGEL) to generate 11000 MW green power in the next five years.
- It would entail an investment of Rs 60,000 crore and provide employment to 30,000 persons.
- AGEL will set up Pumped Storage Projects (PSP) in the next four to five years, through which about 11,000 MW power will be generated.
About Adani Green Energy Limited (AGEL)
- Founded – 2015
- Founder – Gautam Adani
- Headquarters- Ahmedabad
- MD & CEO – Vneet S. Jaain
Government launched e-learning portal ‘Dak karamyogi’ for Dak Sevaks employees
- Dak Karmayogi, an e-learning portal of the Department of Posts was launched by Communications Minister Ashwini Vaishnav and MoS Communications Devusinh Chauhan in
- This portal has been developed under the vision of ‘Mission Karmayogi’, which was conceptualized by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to bring efficiency to the actions of all government employees.
- Dak Karmayogi’ portal will enhance the competencies of about four lakh Gramin Dak Sevaks and departmental employees. It will enable all the trainees to access the uniform standardized training content online or in blended campus mode.
- On successful completion of the final summative assessment, a system-generated course completion certificate will be sent to the trainee’s registered email ID automatically.
Karnataka government launched ‘Krishi Yatra’ scheme
- Karnatka government has launched the ‘Krishi Yatra’ scheme.
- The Kashi Yatra project, which offers a cash assistance of Rs 5,000 to each of the 30,000 pilgrims willing to conduct a pilgrimage to the Kashi Vishwanath Temple in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- The government authorized the religious endowment department commissioner to use Rs 7 crore in funds that were sanctioned for the Kashi Yatra in its order.
Recent Karnataka Schemes:
- Janasevaka Scheme
- Janaspandana platform
- ‘Women@Work’ programme
- Vinaya Samarasya scheme
- ‘FRUITS’ software
Kerala government launched MEDISEP scheme for state government employee
- Kerala Government will roll out MEDISEP scheme- the medical insurance scheme for State Government employees, pensioners and their eligible family members.
- The scheme will provide cashless medical assistance with a comprehensive coverage up to 3 lakhs per year. The annual premium would be Rs 4,800 plus 18 per cent GST for the policy period of 2022-24. Monthly premium of Rs.500 will be deducted from the salary and pension.
- MEDISEP is being implemented through the public sector insurer, Oriental Insurance Company. About 30 lakh people will be benefitted by the scheme.
- Capital- Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief Minister- Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor- Arif Mohammad Khan
Iran applied to join BRICS group of emerging countries
- Iran has submitted an application to become a member of the BRICS.
- Iran, which holds the world’s second-largest gas reserves, wants to join the BRICS group of Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.
- Argentina’s President Alberto Fernandez, currently in Europe, has in recent days reiterated his desire for Argentina to join BRICS.
- BRICS account for more than 40 percent of the world’s population and about 26 percent of the global economy.
- According to IMF data – China has by far the largest economy in the BRICS grouping, accounting for more than 70 of the group’s collective 5 trillion US dollars in economic might. India accounts for about 13 percent, with Russia and Brazil each accounting for about 7 percent.
Banking and Financial
Bajaj Allianz launched Global Health Care plan
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance announced the launch of a new health insurance product ‘Global Health Care’. A comprehensive health indemnity insurance product that provides cover to a policyholder for planned as well as an emergency treatment both in India and abroad.
- Global Health Care offers one of the widest sum insured in the Indian market, starting from ₹37, 50,000 to ₹3, 75, 00,000. The product is available with two plans – ‘Imperial Plan’ and ‘Imperial Plus Plan’ which offer both international and domestic Covers.
- The entry age for adults is from 18 to 65 years and for dependent children is from 3 months to 30 years with a lifetime renewal option.
Airtel Payments Bank partnered with Axis Bank to digitize cash collection
- Airtel Payments Bank has partnered with Axis Bank, India’s third largest private sector bank, to digitize the cash collection system in Tier III cities and semi-urban regions.
- Airtel Payments Bank will leverage the extensive reach of its digital-led neighborhood banking model to support Axis Bank with the digitization of last-mile cash collections and it would also speed up the payment cycle.
About Airtel Payment Bank
- Founded – 2017
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- MD & CEO – Anubrata Biswas
- Stake – Bharti Airtel Limited(80.01%) & Kotak Mahindra Bank(19.9%)
- Subsidiaries – YTS Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
SEBI imposed Rs. 7 crore penalty on NSE
- Markets regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has imposed a penalty of Rs 7 crore on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Rs 5 crore on former MD & CEO Chitra Ramkrishna in the ‘dark fibre’ case.
- In this case, a total of 18 entities received penalties.
- The case relates to the alleged differential access given to certain broking firms in the form of ‘dark fibre’ at NSE, to connect across the colocation facilities before other members.
About Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
- Founded – 1988
- Act – 1992
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- First Women Chairman – Madhabi Puri Buch (present)
- SEBI was given statutory recognition in 1992 on the recommendation of the Narasimham Committee.
Appointment and Resignation
Justice Satish Chandra Sharma takes Oath as Delhi High Court Chief Justice
- Justice Satish Chandra Sharma took oath as Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court. He succeeds Justice D N Patel.
- The oath was administered by Lieutenant Governor Vinai Kumar Saxena during a ceremony at the Raj Niwas.
- The Telangana High Court Chief Justice, Sharma has been transferred to the Delhi High Court .
- Article 222 of the Constitution of India, the President, after consultation with the Chief Justice of India, is pleased to transfer Justice Satish Chandra Sharma, Chief Justice, Telangana High Court, as the Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court.
Recent Appointment of Chief Justice
- Chief justice of Uttrakhand High Court – Vipin Sanghi
- Chief justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court – Amjad A Sayed
- Chief justice of Rajasthan High Court – S S Shinde
- Chief justice of Guwahati High Court – Rashmin M Chhaya
- Chief justice of Telangana High Court – Ujjal Bhuyan.
IWF appointed Mohammed Jalood as president 2022
- Mohammed Jalood was elected president of the International Weightlifting Federation in chaotic scenes.
- 11 additional new members have been added to its Executive Board, according to a press release from Tirana, Albania, which hosted both the Special & Electoral Congress and the recently concluded European Weightlifting Championships.
About International Weightlifting Federation (IWF)
- Founded – 1905
- Headquarters – Lausanne, Switzerland
- President – Mohammed Jalood
- Members Countries – 192
Nitin Gadkari presented National Highway excellent Award 2021
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla along with Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari gave away National Highways Excellence Awards-2021.
- Awards were given to the stakeholders and companies engaged in the highway construction and maintenance of road assets in New Delhi.
- Excellence Awards were constituted in 2018 & awards were given away in 9 categories including Excellence in Project Management, Excellence in Highway Safety, Excellence in Toll Management, Excellence in Operation and Maintenance, Innovation, Green Highways, Outstanding Work in Challenging Condition, Bridge Construction and Tunnel Construction.
Indian Coast Guard launched centralised pay system called PADMA
- A centralised pay system called PADMA (Pay Roll Automation for Disbursement of Monthly Allowances) for the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) has been launched by Controller General of Defence Accounts Rajnish Kumar.
- PADMA is an automated platform leveraging latest technology which will provide seamless and timely disbursal of pay and allowances to around 15,000 ICG personnel.
- PADMA has been developed under the aegis of Defence Accounts Department and will be operated by Pay Accounts Office of the ICG in Noida.
- The launch marked the beginning of the Centralized Pay System (CPS), the foundation of which is being laid down by the Defence Accounts Department Headquarters to provide one-stop pay accounting solutions for all organizations under the Ministry.
Indian Coast Guard (ICG)
- Founded – 1977
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- 24th Director-General – Virender Singh Pathania
Eoin Morgan announced his retirement from the International Cricket
- Eoin Morgan confirmed his retirement from international cricket and stepped down as England’s white-ball captain after more than seven years.
- Morgan initially started out as an Ireland player, making his debut in August 2006 in a match against Scotland. He was run out on 99 in the game and declared Player of the Match.
- Morgan then made his debut for England in an ODI against the West Indies in May 2009. He played his entire T20I and his brief Test career for England.
- Morgan was also part of England teams that won their first title in 2010 at the World Twenty20 and captained the team to the final in 2016.
Novak Djokovic becomes 1st player to win 80 matches in all four Grand Slams
- Novak Djokovic became the first player in history to win 80 matches in all four Grand Slams when he defeated Kwon Soon-woo 6-3, 3-6, 6-3, 6-4 on Centre Court for his 80th win in Wimbledon.
- Novak Djokovic – Serbia
- Capital – Belgrade
- Currency – Serbian Dinar
30 June – International Asteroid Day
- World Asteroid Day 2022 (also known as International Asteroid Day) is marked and celebrated globally on June 30 every year.
- Objective – To raise public awareness about asteroid’s hazardous effect and the measures that should be taken in case of a near-Earth object threat.
- In December 2016 the United Nations General Assembly adopted resolution A/RES/71/90, declaring 30 June International Asteroid Day in order to “observe each year at the international level the anniversary of the Tunguska impact over Siberia, Russian Federation, on 30 June 1908, and to raise public awareness about the asteroid impact hazard.
- Theme 2022 – Small is beautiful
Malayalam actor Ambika Rao passed away
- Malayalam actor and assistant director Ambika Rao passed away. She was 58.
- Ambika Rao entered the movie industry as an assistant director with the 2002 release ‘Krishna Gopalakrishna’ helmed by Balachandra Menon.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs