Current Affairs 3rd February 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Khijadia Wildlife Sanctuary in Gujarat & Bakhira Wildlife Sanctuary in UP listed as India’s 48th & 49th Ramsar sites
- Khijadia Wildlife Sanctuary in Gujarat and Bakhira Wildlife Sanctuary in Uttar Pradesh were declared as two new Ramsar sites (Wetlands of International Importance).
- With this, the total number of Ramsar sites in India goes up to Khijadiya, which is part of the Central Asian Flyway, has become the 4th wetland of Gujarat to get the Ramsar tag.
- Bakhira Wildlife Sanctuary, a freshwater marsh in the Sant Kabir Nagar district. It is the largest natural floodplain wetland of eastern Uttar Pradesh. Read More
Recent Indian Ramsar Sites 2021:
- 47th: Haiderpur wetland [Uttar Pradesh]
- Sultanpur National Park [Gurugram, Haryana]
- Bhindawas Wildlife Sanctuary [Jhajjar, Haryana]
- Thol Lake Wildlife Sanctuary [Near Ahmedabad, Gujarat]
- Wadhvana Wetland [Vadodara, Gujarat]
Mandu Festival celebrated in Dhar District of Madhya Pradesh
- Mandu Festival is annually celebrated in Madhya Pradesh, organised by the Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board. The festival is also dedicated to the Hindu God Ganesha.
- Mandu festival is celebrated in Mandu, Ujjain and Indore. Mandu or Mandavgad is an ancient city in the present-day Mandav area of the Dhar district.
- The Mandu Festival has been celebrated from 30th December 2021 to 3rd January 2022. The 5-day festival is celebrated in collaboration with the district administration by Ustad Alauddin Khan Music and Art Academy (Bhopal).
Popular Festivals of Madhya Pradesh:
- Namaste Orchha
HPCL launched Non-Fuel Retail Store ‘HaPpyShop’
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (HPCL) has marked its foray into the non-fuel retailing sector by inaugurating its Retail Store under the brand name HaPpyShop, to make available the products of daily need to its customers at their convenience.
- The first retail store was launched by HPCL in September 2021 in Mumbai at Company’s Retail Outlet located at Nepean Sea Road.
- Giving it a further push, the company has announced the opening of two more Convenience Stores of ‘HaPpyShop’ on January 31, 2022. The two new stores are located at Company’s Auto Care Centre, Bandra West in Mumbai, & Millennium Retail Outlet in Visakhapatnam.
- In addition to this, HPCL has launched the platform in a purely online format by opening the Online Store at Madurai. HPCL is also marketing branded packaged drinking water at its Retail Outlets across the country under the name ‘Paani@Club HP’.
About Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
- Founded: 1974
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman & Managing Director: Pushp Kumar Joshi
India and Nepal signed an MoU for construction of motorable Bridge over the Mahakali River in Dharchula
- India and Nepal signed a Memorandum of Understanding for the construction of a motorable Bridge over the Mahakali River, connecting Dharchula (India) with Darchula (Nepal), under Indian grant assistance.
- This agreement was signed by Ambassador of India, Vinay Mohan Kwatra, and Secretary, Ministry of Physical Infrastructure and Transport, Government of Nepal, Rabindra Nath Shrestha.
- The project will enhance cross-border connectivity between the Sudurpaschim province of Nepal and the Uttarakhand state of India across the Mahakali River where close people-to-people links exist between communities on both sides of the border.
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Currency: Nepalese rupee
- President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
Antonio Costa re-elected as Portugal’s Prime Minister
- The Prime Minister of Portugal, Antonio Costa has been re-elected after his centre-left Socialist Party secured a landslide victory in the 2022 Portuguese legislative election.
- Socialist Party bagged 117 seats in the 230 seats Parliament. Despite predictions of a tight race, the main opposition centre-right PSD party landed 27.8 per cent for 71 seats. Antonio Costo is serving as the 119th Prime Minister of Portugal since 26 November 2015.
- Capital: Lisbon
- Currency: Euro
- President: Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa
Sony bought game developer ‘Bungie’ for $3.6 billion
- Sony Group Corp. is purchasing Bungie Inc., the U.S. video game developer behind the popular Destiny and Halo franchises, for $3.6 billion to bolster its stable of game-making studios.
- The deal announced by Sony Interactive Entertainment is the third significant video-game acquisition this month, following Microsoft Corp.’s purchase of Activision Blizzard Inc. for $69 billion two weeks ago and Take-Two Interactive Corp. snagging mobile game leader Zynga Inc. on Jan 10.
- Buying Bungie will give Sony one of the most popular first-person shooter games to compete with the massive Call of Duty series, which Sony’s main rival now owns through Activision.
About Sony Group Corporation:
- Founded: 7 May 1946
- Headquarters: Minato City, Tokyo, Japan
- CEO: Kenichiro Yoshida
LIC 10th most valued insurance brand globally: Brand Finance Report
- According to the London-based Brand Finance, Life Insurance Corporation is the strongest and the largest brand in the country with a valuation of $8.656 billion (around Rs 64,722 crore).
- Also, LIC is ranked 3rd in brand strength globally after Poste Italiane, Italy and Mapfre, Spain.
- It is also the 10th most valued insurance brand. The market value of LIC will become Rs 43.40 lakh crore by 2022, and Rs 58.9-lakh crore by 2027. In overall brand ranking LIC become the world’s 206th most valuable brand in 2021.
About Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC):
- Founded: 1956
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairperson: M R Kumar
Banking and Financial
EXIM Bank signed a $500 million LoC agreement with Sri Lanka
- The EXIM Bank of India and the Sri Lankan Government signed a $500 million Line of Credit.
- India’s support for fuel imports — by Sri Lanka from India — through the LoC, is in response to Lanka’s urgent requirement.
- This critical support comes in the wake of a virtual meeting b/w the EAM S Jaishankar and Sri Lanka’s MoF Basil Rajapaksa.
- Aim: to help Sri Lanka cope with its current fuel shortages, amid one of the worst economic meltdowns facing Sri Lanka.
About EXIM Bank:
- Founded: 1982
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- CEO: Harsha Bangari
CRISIL projected India’s GDP to grow at 7.8% in FY23
- Domestic rating agency CRISIL estimated FY 2022-23 real GDP growth at 7.8% as compared with the 8.5% projected in the Economic Survey.
- This estimate is owing to Budget proposals focused on loosening the purse strings by boosting capital expenditure and going slow on fiscal consolidation.
- The agency said global growth is expected to slow this year as major economies see a withdrawal of monetary and fiscal stimulus.
Note: India GDP projected FY22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-3%, 8.7% in 2022-23
- ICRA-9% in FY22 and FY23
- Fitch Ratings-8.4%
- Goldman Sachs: 9.1% in FY22
PNB & Patanjali launched co-branded contactless credit cards with NPCI
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) and Patanjali Ayurved Limited have launched co-branded contactless credit cards in partnership with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
- The co-branded credit cards are offered on NPCI’s RuPay Platform and are available in two variants –PNB RuPay Platinum and PNB RuPay Select.
- Both the co-branded cards offer a hassle-free credit service to purchase day-to-day Patanjali products, along with cash backs, loyalty points. PNB RuPay Platinum and PNB RuPay Select cardholders will receive a welcome bonus of 300 reward points on activation.
- Platinum and Select cards come with attractive insurance cover of ₹2 lakh and ₹10 lakh, respectively for Accidental Death and Personal Total Disability. Platinum Card offers a credit limit of ₹25,000 to ₹5 lakh and Select Card ₹50,000 to ₹10 lakh.
About Punjab National Bank (PNB):
- Founded: 1894
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- MD & CEO: Atul Kumar Goel
- Tagline: The Name You Can Bank Upon
Appointment and Resignation
Madan Mohan Tripathi named as Director-General of NIELIT
- Madan Mohan Tripathi has joined as Director-General of the National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology (NIELIT).
- Before joining NIELIT, Dr Madan Mohan Tripathi was working as Professor at Delhi Technological University (DTU), New Delhi. In DTU he also worked as Director Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) and Coordinator of Intellectual Property Rights Cell.
- National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology (NIELIT) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India.
Games24x7 appointed Hrithik Roshan as the Brand Ambassador of ‘RummyCircle’
- Games24x7 has appointed renowned Bollywood actor, Hrithik Roshan as the brand ambassador for ‘RummyCircle’, an online skill gaming platform.
- Under the partnership, Hrithik Roshan will promote multimedia campaigns of RummyCircle in different platforms such as TV, digital and social media. The brand will also start its new campaign #RahoEkKadamAage starring Hrithik Roshan via a television commercial starting from January 29.
- In 2021, Games24x7, used Ranveer Singh as a brand ambassador for its fantasy gaming platform ‘My11Circle’. Online gaming companies under Games24x7 includes – RummyCircle, My11Circle, Carrom and U-Games.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for Cultural and Creative Industries: Naomi Kawase
- Kinara Capital: Ravindra Jadeja
- Unix: Jasprit Bumrah
- Piramal Realty: Farhan Akhtar, Rahul Dravid
- Disney BYJU’s Early Learn App: Neeraj Chopra & PV Sindhu
- Uttarakhand State Brand Ambassador: Rishabh Pant
- EaseMyTrip: Vijay Raaz & Varun Sharma
- Brand Endorser of Bank of Baroda: Shafali Verma
- Ambassador of All Women Match Official Team of Legends League Cricket (LLC): Jhulan Goswami
RenewBuy: RajKummar Rao
- GoodDot: Neeraj Chopra
New Zealand’s Daryl Mitchell won the ICC Spirit of Cricket Award 2021
- New Zealand cricketerDaryl Mitchell, has been named the winner of the International Cricket Council (ICC) Spirit of Cricket Award 2021 for his gesture of refusing to take a single in the high-pressure 2021 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Semi-Finals against England at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi.
- He has become the 4th New Zealand player to win the award after Daniel Vettori, Brendon McCullum and Kane Williamson.
- The ICC Spirit of Cricket Award is annually awarded by the ICC to recognise the player most notable for “upholding the ‘Spirit of the Game’”.
- Founded: 1909
- Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Chairman: Greg Barclay
- CEO: Geoff Allardice
Neeraj Chopra nominated for Laureus World Breakthrough of the Year Award
- Tokyo Olympics gold medallist Neeraj Chopra has been nominated for the prestigious 2022 Laureus World Breakthrough of the Year Award.
- The other 5 nominees are Daniil Medvedev (Australian Open runner-up), Emma Raducanu (British tennis star), Pedri (Barcelona and Spain footballer), Yulimar Rojas(Venezuelan athlete) and Ariarne Titmus (Australian swimmer).
- The winners will be revealed in April following a vote by the Laureus World Sports Academy, made up of 71 sporting greats.
Book and Author
A book titled ‘India, That is Bharat: Coloniality, Civilisation, Constitution’ authored by J Sai Deepak
- A Trilogy book series titled, ‘India, That is Bharat: Coloniality, Civilisation, Constitution’ is authored by J Sai Deepak and published by Bloomsbury India.
- The 1st part was released on 15th August 2021, is set to launch the 2nd part in June 2022. Whereas, the 3rd and last part will be released in June 2023.
- It is the first part of a comprehensive trilogy, which examines the impact of European ‘colonial consciousness’ (or ‘coloniality’), on Bharat (India).
- It highlights how colonialism changes the socio religious culture, history, education, language and racial patterns in India.
1-7 February: World Interfaith Harmony Week
- World Interfaith Harmony Week is an annual event observed during the first week of February, after General Assembly designation in 2010.
- World Interfaith Harmony Week (WIHW), was conceived to promote cultural peace and nonviolence. The World Interfaith Harmony Week is based on the pioneering work of The Common Word initiative.
- This initiative, which started in 2007, called for Muslim and Christian leaders to engage in a dialogue based on two common fundamental religious Commandments; Love of God, and Love of the Neighbour, without nevertheless compromising any of their own religious tenets.
- World Interfaith Harmony Week (WIHW), conceived to promote culture, peace and nonviolence, was first proposed by King Abdullah II of Jordan at the United Nations in 2010.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs