Current Affairs 3rd January 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Uttarakhand CM Pushkar Singh Dhami launched Free Mobile Tablet scheme
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami launched a Free Mobile Tablet scheme for students.
- About 2 lakh 65 thousand students of Class 10 and 12 of degree colleges and state schools will get benefit from this scheme, as per government data. The state government official said that ₹12,000 was given by the DBT for buying mobile tablets to class 10 and 12 students of state government schools.
- Chief Minister Shri Pushkar Singh Dhami distributed free tablets to 100 girl students of the Government Girls Inter College of Dehradun’s Rajpur Road.
Recent Uttarakhand Schemes:
- ‘Milk Price Incentive Scheme’
- Mukhyamantri Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana
- Mukhyamantri Mahalakshmi Yojana
Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan launched ‘Padhe Bharat’, a 100-days reading campaign
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan launched a 100-day Reading Campaign called ‘Padhe Bharat’.
- Padhe Bharat Campaign was launched to improve the learning levels of students. It marks a significant step to improve learning levels because it develops creativity, critical thinking, vocabulary as well as ability to express in writing & verbal forms.
- It will help children in relating to their surroundings and real-life situation. Children studying in Balvatika to class 8 will be covered under the campaign. It will be organized for 100 days (14 weeks) starting from 1st January 2022 to 10th April 2022.
Information Technology Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw launched “India Semiconductor Mission”
- Information Technology Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw launched the India Semiconductor Mission (ISM) to attract large investments for setting up semiconductor wafer fabrication facilities in India.
- The companies that are interested are invited by the Centre for the development of the semiconductors and display manufacturing ecosystem in India. ISM is a specialised and independent business division within the Digital India Corporation.
- The fiscal support of up to 50 percent of the project cost (ceiling of Rs 12,000 crore per fab) will be provided for the scheme for setting up display fabs.
- Fiscal support will be provided on ‘pari-passu’ basis for a period of six years from the date of approval both for semiconductor fabs and display fabs.
Six Task Forces set up by Department of Telecommunications to explore 6G development
- Department of Telecommunications (DoT) of the Ministry of Communication formed a task force under the Technology Innovation Group (TIG) on 6G technology to explore technological innovations and various commercial uses.
- Under the 6G TIG, the Six task forces will be set up to provide research and development support in the form of inputs.
|Task force on Multi-Platform for Next Generation Networks||Bhaskar Ramamurthy, Director, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Chennai.|
|Task force on Spectrum Policy||Abhay Karandikar, Director, IIT-Kanpur|
|Task force on Multi-Disciplinary Innovative Solutions and Devices||Bharadwaj Amrutur, Director, Indian Institute of Science (Iisc) Bangalore.|
|Task force on Devices||Kiran Kumar Kuchi, Director, IIT-Hyderabad|
|Task Force Group for Financing Research And Development||Ashok Kumar Tiwari, Member (Technology), Digital Communications Commission (DCC)|
|Task force on international standards||NG Subramaniam, chairman of the Telecommunications Standards Development Society, India (TSDSI)|
Energy Transition Advisory Committee set up by Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas to Prepare Energy Transition Roadmap for India; chaired by Tarun Kapoor
- The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG) has set up the Energy Transition Advisory Committee (ETAC) headed by the former petroleum secretary Tarun Kapoor, who resigned from the office, to draft the strategy.
- The Government of India has been planning to come up with an energy transition roadmap for the oil and gas sector to enhance India’s efforts to achieve net-zero emissions by 2070.
- The committee tasked to prepare a step-by-step plan for complete transitioning from fossil fuels to clean energy has been given 6 months (middle of 2022) time to prepare and submit the roadmap.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- NITI Aayog’s committee to formulate an action plan for Online Dispute Resolution (ODR): Arjan Kumar Sikri
- RBI’s advisory committee to assist RCL’s administrator Nageswar Rao: Sanjeev Nautiyal, Srinivasan Varadarajan, Praveen P Kadle
- Steering Committee for Advancing Local Value-Add and Exports (SCALE committee): Pawan Goenka
- IFSCA set up committee for creating a framework for the transfer of stressed loans: G Padmanabhan
- 10-member sub-committee under PMFBY to explore the feasibility of adoption of various technology-based approaches developed by ISRO: KR Manjunath
- Sub-committee under PMFBY for cost benefit analysis of all ‘accepted models of agriculture: Saurabh Mishra
- Govt set up high-level committee to examine possibility of lifting AFSPA in Nagaland: Vivek Joshi
India will chair Counter-Terrorism Committee of UNSC in January 2022
- India will chair the Counter-Terrorism Committee of UNSC in January 2022 after 10 years.
- It was established by Security Council resolution 1373 adopted unanimously on 28 September 2001 in the wake of the 9/11 terror attacks in the US.
- The Committee was tasked with monitoring the implementation of resolution 1373 which requested countries to implement a number of measures aimed at enhancing their legal and institutional ability to counter terrorist activities at home and around the world.
About United Nations Security Council (UNSC):
- Founded: 24 October 1945
- Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
Banking and Financial
SEBI reconstituted Market Data Advisory Committee; headed by S Sahoo
- Security Exchange Board of India (SEBI) reconstituted 20 members Market Data Advisory Committee (MDAC) to recommend policy measures in areas like securities market data access and privacy. Committee will be headed by S. Sahoo.
- The previous committee was headed by Madhabi Puri Buch, ex-whole-time member of SEBI.
- The panel will work in analysing segment-wise data perimeters, data driven requirements and gaps and will provide recommendations in data privacy and data access regulations in the market data.
List of Latest Committee and Head by SEBI:
- SEBI set up Advisory Committee for Leveraging Regulatory and Technology Solutions (ALeRTS): Madhabi Puri Buch
- SEBI’s Secondary Market Advisory Committee (SMAC): Madhabi Puri Buch
- SEBI’s Advisory committee on Mutual Funds: Usha Thorat
- SEBI’s Corporate Bonds and Securitization Advisory Committee (CoBoSAC): G Mahalingam
- SEBI’s Information Systems Security Committee (ISSC): Prof H Krishnamurthy
- SEBI formed IT Projects Advisory Committee (IT-PAC): Abhay Karandikar
- SEBI reconstituted Technical Advisory Committee: Deepak B Phatak
- SEBI formed 4-Member Advisory Committee on Settlement Orders: Vijay C Daga
PM released 10th installment of financial benefit under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme
- PM Narendra Modi has released the 10th installment of financial benefit under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Nidhi (PM-KISAN) Scheme.
- It is a central sector scheme, which was launched in 2019. More than Rs 20 thousand crores have been transferred to over ten crore farmer families.
- Under PM-KISAN scheme, a financial benefit of six thousand rupees per year is provided to the eligible family of farmers. The fund is transferred directly to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
CCI approved the acquisition of 96.42% Stake in Jindal Power Limited by Worldone Pvt Ltd
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the acquisition of a 96.42% stake in Jindal Power Limited (JPL), a subsidiary of Jindal Steel & Power Limited, by Worldone Private Limited.
- Worldone Private Ltd is a private company owned by the Promoter Group of JSPL, managing and holding investments across various listed and unlisted companies. JSPL is a part of the OP Jindal Group that works in steel, power, mining and infrastructure sectors.
- The Proposed Combination is notifiable to the CCI under Section 5 (a) of the Competition Act, 2002.
About Competition Commission of India (CCI):
- Founded: 14 October 2003
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Ashok Kumar Gupta
Paisabazaar. com partnered with Axis Bank to launch pre-qualified program for unsecured loans
- Paisabazaar. com, the digital marketplace for consumer credit partnered with Axis Bank to launch a pre-qualified program for unsecured loans on its platform.
- The pre-qualified program involves deep technology and analytics collaboration with banks and non-bank financiers, enabling customers to view customized and pre-qualified lending offers.
About Axis Bank:
- Founded: 3 December 1993
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- MD & CEO: Amitabh Chaudhary
- Chairperson: Shri Rakesh Makhija
- Tagline: Badhti Ka Naam Zindagi
Appointment and Resignation
Somalia’s Prime Minister Mohamed Hussein Roble suspended over allegations of corruption
- President of Somalia Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed has suspended Prime Minister Mohamed Hussein Roble over allegations of corruption, misuse of public land and trade allegations over the holding up of parliamentary elections.
- The president has also suspended Brigadier General Abdihamid Mohamed Dirir, the commander of the Somali Navy.
- Capital: Mogadishu
- Currency: Somali shilling
- President: Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed
Defence Minister announced 27 Border Infrastructure Projects
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh listed the development of critical border infrastructure as a key priority to boost India’s overall defence and security system.
- He announced 24 bridge projects and 3 road projects implemented and managed by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) in four states and two union territories.
- Out of the 24 bridges, nine are in Jammu and Kashmir, five each in Ladakh and Himachal Pradesh, three in Uttarakhand and one each in Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh. Out of the 3 road projects, two are in Ladakh and one is in West Bengal.
Russia test-fired Tsirkon hypersonic cruise missiles from frigate and submarine
- On 31 December 2021, Russia successfully test-fired around 10 new Tsirkon (Zircon) hypersonic cruise missiles from a frigate and other two missiles from a submarine.
- The Zircon missile would be capable of flying at nine times the speed of sound and have a range of 1,000 kilometers (620 miles).
- The Tsirkon Cruise Missile will join Avangard glide vehicles and the air-launched Kinzhal (Dagger) missiles in Russia’s hypersonic arsenal.
- Capital: Moscow
- Currency: Rouble
- President: Vladimir Putin
1 January: DRDO Foundation Day
- Defense Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) celebrated its 64th foundation day on January 1, 2022.
- DRDO was established on January 1, 1958 after merging the Directorate of Technical Development & Production of Indian Ordnance Factories and Technical Development Establishment, with Defence Science Organisation.
- In 1979, Defence Research & Development Service (DRDS) was set up as a service of Group ‘A’ Officers / Scientists.
About Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO):
- Founded: 1958
- Headquarters: DRDO Bhavan, New Delhi
- Chairman: G Satheesh Reddy
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs