Current Affairs 3rd October 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Adani Green commissioned world’s largest wind-solar power plant in Rajasthan
- Adani Green Energy Ltd (AGEL) has commissioned the world’s largest wind-solar power plant of 600 MW capacity in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan.
- The plant has a power purchase agreement with Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) at Rs 2.69/kwh for 25 years.
- This project consists of 600 MW solar and 150 MW wind plants.
- In May 2022, AGEL operationalized India’s first hybrid power plant with a capacity of 390 MW in Jaisalmer.
- With the commissioning of the 600 MW plant, AGEL now has total operational generation capacity of 6.7 GW, including operational hybrid power generation capacity of 1 GW, the largest in the world.
- This puts AGEL’s total renewable portfolio of 20.4 GW well on track to reach its vision of 45 GW capacity by 2030.
- Capital – Jaipur
- Chief Minister – Ashok Gehlot
- Governor – Kalraj Mishra
National Mission for Clean Ganga approved 14 projects worth Rs 1145 crore
- The executive committee of the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has approved 14 projects worth Rs 1,145 crore pertaining to sewerage management, curbing industrial pollution, and biodiversity conservation among others.
- The projects were approved at the 45th meeting of the executive committee under the chairmanship of G Asok Kumar, Director General, NMCG.
- The projects include eight related to sewerage management in five main stem Ganga basin states of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal.
PM launched YUVA 2.0 scheme for mentoring young authors
- Prime Minister’s Scheme for Mentoring Young Authors – YUVA 2.0 (Young, Upcoming & Versatile Authors) was launched to promote reading, writing, and book culture in the country.
- In view of the significant impact of the first edition of YUVA with large-scale participation from young and budding authors in 22 different Indian languages and English, YUVA 2.0 has been launched.
- Under YUVA 2.0, a total of 75 authors will be selected through an All India Contest, who can write on a spectrum of subjects to promote Indian heritage, culture & knowledge system.
- YUVA 1st edition was launched in 2021.
India signed an agreement with Armenia to export missiles, rockets & ammunition
- In a significant move to boost defence export, India has signed an export order for missiles, rockets, and ammunition to Armenia.
- It is estimated that military equipment worth over ₹2,000 crores will be exported to the country in the coming months.
- This order includes six additional first-ever export of the indigenous Pinaka multi-barrel rocket launchers.
- Currently, Armenia is engaged in a border conflict with Azerbaijan.
- Capital- Yerevan
- Currency- Armenian dram
- President -Vahagn Khachaturyan
- India signed an MoU with Iran for smooth movement of seafarers
- India & UAE signed an MoU to establish Cultural Council Forum
- India signed an MoU with Maldives for cooperation in disaster management
- India signed an MoU with UAE for cooperation in education sector
- India and Madagascar signed an MoU on training of diplomats
- India signed an agreement with Egypt to further defence cooperation
Telangana government launched ‘Aasara’ pension for poor
- The Telangana government has launched a welfare scheme named ‘Asara’ pension.
- It is a welfare scheme of pensions to old people, widows, physically disabled and beedi workers.
- The state government has also distributed the card for the welfare of all.
- Presently, the state government has sanctioned 10,000 new Aasara pensions under Asif Nagar Mandal jurisdiction.
- Capital – Hyderabad
- Chief Minister – K. Chandrashekar Rao
- Governor – Tamilisai Soundararajan
Recent Telangana government schemes/apps/portals
- Urban Forest Park’ Mobile App
- Mana Ooru Mana Badi programme
- Nethanna Bima scheme
- ‘Nethanna Ku Bima Scheme
Banking and Financial
GST collection rose 26% to over ₹1.47 lakh crore in September
- The gross GST revenue collected in the month of September 2022 is ₹ 1,47,686 crore of which CGST is ₹ 25,271 crore, SGST is ₹ 31,813 crore, IGST is ₹ 80,464 crore (including ₹ 41,215 crore collected on import of goods) and Cess is ₹ 10,137 crore (including ₹ 856 crore collected on import of goods).
- The total revenue of Centre and the States after regular settlements in the month of September 2022 is ₹ 57,151 crore for CGST and ₹ 59,216 crore for the SGST.
- This is the eighth month and for the seventh month in a row now, that the monthly GST revenues have been more than the ₹ 1.4 lakh crore mark.
- The revenues for the month of September 2022 are 26% higher than the GST revenues in the same month last year. During the month, revenues from import of goods was 39% higher and the revenues from domestic transaction (including import of services) are 22% higher than the revenues from these sources during the same month last year.
GST Collection of Previous Months in 2022
- January – 1,40,986 crore
- February – 1,33,026 crore
- March – 1,42,095 crore
- April – 1,67,540 crore
- May – 1,40,885 crore
- June – 1,44,616 crore
- July – 1,48,995 crore
- August – 1,43,612 crore
Appointment and Resignation
Ajay Bhadoo appointed as Deputy Election Commissioner
- Senior bureaucrat Ajay Bhadoo has been appointed as the Deputy Election Commissioner of the Election Commission of India.
- Bhadoo, an IAS officer of Gujarat cadre, has been appointed to the post up to July 24, 2024.
- Also, Akash Tripathi, IAS officer of Madhya Pradesh cadre, has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), MyGov, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology.
- Basant Garg, a 2005 batch IAS officer of Punjab cadre, has been named Additional CEO, National Health Authority under the Department of Health & Family Welfare.
- Lochan Sehra, a 2002 batch IAS officer of Gujarat cadre, will be joint secretary, sIndian National Space Promotion and Authorisation Centre (IN-SPACe), Ahmedabad for a tenure of five years.
- Franklin L Khobung and Pankaj Yadav have been appointed as joint secretaries in the Department of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Rahul Sharma will be JS, Ministry of AYUSH, Ajay Yadav as the joint secretary, Cabinet Secretariat and Deepak Mishra will be joint secretary, Department of Chemicals & Petro-Chemicals.
About Election Commissioner of India (ECI)
- Founded – 25 January 1950
- 25 January – Voter’s Day
- HQ – New Delhi
- 1st Chief – Sukumar Sen
- 1st Women Chief – V.S. Ramadevi
- 25th Chief – Rajiv Kumar
- Commissioner – Anup Chandra Pandey
- Tenure – 6/65yrs
- Article – 324
- President of Indian American Chambers of Commerce (IACC) – Lalit Bhasin
- CEO of Data Security Council of India (DSCI) – Vinayak Godse
- CEO of Britannia Industries – Rajneet Kohli
- Executive Vice-Chairman and MD of Britannia Industries – Varun Berry
- Attorney General of India – R s
President Droupadi Murmu conferred awards for Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2022
- President Droupadi Murmu has conferred the awards for Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2022 in New Delhi.
- In the big states category, the first award for Swachh Survekshan Grameen was given to Telangana, second to Haryana and the third award was bagged by Tamil Nadu.
- In the small states and UTs category, Andaman and Nicobar won the first award, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu second and Sikkim got the third award.
- The awards for Functionality Assessment 2022 have been given after assessing the performance of local water utilities in the States and UTs.
- In this category, Puducherry bagged first award, Goa second and Tamil Nadu was given third award.
Sergio Perez won Singapore F1 GP 2022
- Red Bull’s driver Sergio Perez has won the Singapore Formula 1 Grand Prix 2022.
- Perez finished 7.5 sec ahead of Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc, who came at the second position
- Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz grabbed the third position.
- Perez’s teammate & Italian GP 2022 winner Max Verstappen finished seventh in the race.
- Hamilton secured ninth, while Verstappen got the seventh position. Verstappen needed a win, and other results to go his way, to become world champion for the second successive time.
Recent Grand Prix 2022 Winner
- Canadian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Miami Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- French Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Spanish Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Hungarian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Belgian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Dutch Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Italian Grand Prix 2022 – Max Verstappen (Netherlands)
- Monaco Grand Prix 2022 -Sergio Pérez (Mexico)
- Australian Grand Prix 2022 – Charles Leclerc (Monaco)
- Bahrain Grand Prix 2022 – Charles Leclerc (Monaco)
- Austrian Grand Prix 2022 – Charles Leclerc (Monaco)
Indian Javelin thrower Shivpal Singh suspended for four years for doping
- Indian javelin thrower Shivpal Singh has been suspended from competing till October 2025 due to a doping violation.
- He subsequently tested positive for the banned substance methandienone, a performance-enhancing steroid.
- As a result, the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) suspended Shivpal Singh for four years. The ban comes into effect from October 21, 2021, which means that the 27-year-old will be out of action till October 2025.
- The Uttar Pradesh-based athlete was a silver-medalist at the 2019 Asian Championships, where he achieved his personal best throw of 86.23m. He had also won the 2019 World Military Games.
Rohit Sharma becomes first Indian cricketer to play 400 T20s
- Rohit Sharma has become the first player from the country to feature in 400 T20 matches.
- The India captain has achieved the milestone in the 2nd T20I of the series against South Africa in Guwahati.
- The first Indian to hit a century in T20 cricket, Rohit had made his shortest format debut for Mumbai against Baroda in April 2007.
- The list of players who have donned most T20 caps is topped by Kieron Pollard, who has played 614 matches. He is followed by Dwayne Bravo, who has donned 556 caps. Shoaib Malik (481), Chris Gayle (463), Sunil Narine (435), Ravi Bopara (429), Andre Russell (428), and David Miller (403) sit ahead of Rohit.
- Rohit Sharma, Dinesh Karthik, Virat Kohli, and MS Dhoni are the only Indian cricketers to have played more than 350 matches in T20s.
- He also holds the record for most runs in T201 cricket (3712).
- Rohit Sharma, Dinesh Karthik, Virat Kohli, and MS Dhoni are the only Indian cricketers to have played more than 350 matches in T20s.
3 October 2022 – World Habitat Day
- World Habitat Day is observed on the first Monday of every October,
- This year, World Habitat Day is observed on October 3.
- Objective – To acknowledge the state of our towns and cities, and the basic right of all to adequate shelter.
- Theme 2022 – Mind the Gap. Leave No One and Place Behind
- First celebrated in 1986, Nairobi was the host city. The theme was “Shelter is My Right”.
1 October – International Day of Older Persons
- The International Day of Older Persons has been observed annually on 1 October.
- Objective – To honour the contribution of older persons and looking into the problems that they face.
- Theme 2022 – Resilience of Older Persons in a Changing World
- The United Nations General Assembly passed a resolution on December 14, 1990, to establish October 1 as the International Day of Older Persons. The day came into being after the Vienna International Plan of Action on ageing initiative, which was adopted by the World Assembly on Ageing in 1982.
Suzlon Energy chairman Tulsi Tanti passed away
- Founder Chairman and Managing Director of Suzlon Energy and renowned expert on renewable energy Tulsi Tanti passed away at the age of 64.
- Tanti, who was also the chairman of the Indian Wind Turbine Manufacturers Association.
- Tanti spearheaded the wind revolution in India with the founding of Suzlon Energy in 1995.
- He was conferred with numerous awards, and regarded as the ‘Wind Man of India” and was a stalwart of the Indian and global renewable energy industry.s
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here