Current Affairs 4th February 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Aravalli Biodiversity Park in Gurugram declared as India’s first OECM site
- Aravalli Biodiversity Park situated in Gurugram, Haryana, has been declared as India’s first OECM (Other Effective Area-based Conservation Measures) site on World Wetlands Day (February 2, 2022).
- The OCEM tag is given by International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) to those areas that are not protected but support rich biodiversity.
- The tag designates the area as a biodiversity hotspot on the international map. It is spread across 390 acres and has semi-arid vegetation.
List of National Parks in Haryana:
- Kalesar National Park at Yamuna Nagar district
- Sultanpur National Park at Gurgaon district
Government approved continuation of scheme for Assistance to National Sports Federations
- The government has approved the continuation of the Scheme of Assistance to National Sports Federations (NSFs) with an outlay of Rs. 1575 crore for the 15th Finance Commission Cycle 2021-22 to 2025-26.
- The Scheme of Assistance to NSFs is the flagship Central Sector Scheme (CSS), that provides financial support to the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. It is the main source of funding for the preparation of national teams for all major national, international competitions.
- Funding will be used by National Sports Federations to conduct national coaching camps and provide training of international standards to athletes.
Maharashtra topped the list of newly recognized startups and unicorns
- As per the recently presented Economic Survey 2021-22, Maharashtra tops the list of newly recognized startups and unicorns.
- Maharashtra recognized 11,308 of the total 14,000 startups that began operations in the current financial year. Out of 44 Unicorn companies, 11 are based in the state.
- Initiatives like Startup Week, Incubation Cells, Hackathon are regularly carried out, helping the state to reach this height. Maharashtra also ranks 2nd on Niti Aayog’s Innovation Index 2020.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief minister: Uddhav Thackeray
Banking and Financial
RBI cancelled licence of Maharashtra-based Independence Co-operative Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI), has canceled the license of Independence Co-operative Bank Ltd in Maharashtra’s Nashik city.
- Consequently, the bank ceases to carry on banking business, with effect from the close of business on February 03, 2022.
- The bank does not have adequate capital and earning prospects. As such, it does not comply with the provisions of Section 11 (1) and Section 22 (3) (d) read with Section 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
- The bank has failed to comply with the requirements of Sections 22 (3) (a), 22 (3) (b), 22(3)(c), 22(3) (d), and 22(3)(e) read with Section 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
- On liquidation, every depositor would be entitled to receive deposit insurance claim amount of his/her deposits up to a monetary ceiling of ₹5,00,000/- (Rupees Five lakh only) from Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC) subject to the provisions of the DICGC Act, 1961.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Founded: April 1, 1935
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao, T Rabi Sankar
SEBI restructured a High-Power Advisory Committee on Settlement Orders and Compounding of Offences; headed by Jai Narayan Patel
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has restructured its four-member high-power advisory committee on settlement orders and compounding of offences.
- The committee was earlier headed by Vijay C Daga, retired judge of the High Court of Bombay and now it will be chaired by Jai Narayan Patel, former chief justice of Calcutta High Court. The panel will work as per SEBI (Settlement Proceedings) Regulations, 2018.
- SEBI has listed M S Sahoo, a former chairperson at Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India, and Poornima Advani, ex-chairperson of National Commission for Women, as new members of the advisory committee. PK Malhotra, former law secretary in the Ministry of Law & Justice will continue as a member of the committee.
- In January 2022, SEBI has amended the SEBI (Settlement Proceedings) Regulations, 2018, called the SEBI (Settlement Proceedings) (Amendment) Regulations, 2022 where an alleged wrongdoer can settle a pending case with the regulator without admission or denial of guilt by paying a settlement fee.
- According to the amendment, the timeline for filing settlement applications has been reduced to 60 days from the current 180 days. Further, the period for submission of revised settlement terms form, after the Internal Committee (IC), has been rationalised to 15 days which will be from the date of the IC meeting. The current rule allows 10 days plus additional 20 days.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- SEBI’s Information Systems Security Committee (ISSC): Prof H Krishnamurthy
- 10-member sub-committee under PMFBY to explore the feasibility of adoption of various technology-based approaches developed by ISRO: KR Manjunath
- Sub-committee under PMFBY for cost benefit analysis of all ‘accepted models of agriculture: Saurabh Mishra
- Govt set up high-level committee to examine possibility of lifting AFSPA in Nagaland: Vivek Joshi
- Energy Transition Advisory Committee set up by Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas to Prepare Energy Transition Roadmap for India: Tarun Kapoor
- SEBI reconstituted 20 members Market Data Advisory Committee (MDAC): S Sahoo
- Ministry of Home Affairs constituted a committee to enquire into the serious lapses in the security arrangements during PM Modi’s visit to Punjab: Sudhir Kumar Saxena
- SC appointed a high-level committee to investigate PM’s security breach in Punjab: Indu Malhotra
Edelweiss General Insurance launched first AI powered Voice Bot for automated registration of motor claims
- Edelweiss General Insurance launched an Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered voice bot for automated registration of motor claims. It is powered by Yellow. ai platform.
- The end-to-end AI Voice Bot is the first of its kind services in the General Insurance industry in India.
- The AI voice bot is currently available in Hindi, English, and Hinglish, enabling real-time registration of claims that work 24/7. Initially it is introduced for garage owners and will be extended to all customers in the upcoming months.
About Edelweiss General Insurance:
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Executive director & CEO: Shanai Ghosh
SBI signed an MoU with Ministry of Culture for Atmanirbhar Bharat Centre for Design
- State Bank of India has signed MoU with Indira Gandhi Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) and National Culture Fund (NCF) of Ministry of Culture for Development of Atmanirbhar Bharat Centre for Design (ABCD) at Red Fort, in Delhi.
- Aim: to highlight, promote and celebrate the products that have the Geographical Indication sign to give a boost to Economic Value Addition to GI products from India.
- The ABCD project will be implemented by IGNCA, through the ministry’s NCF fund. SBI will sponsor the project under CSR (Corporate social responsibility) with a contribution of Rs. 10 crores.
About State Bank of India (SBI):
- Founded: 1 July 1955
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairman: Dinesh Kumar Khara
- SBI MDs: Ashwani Bhatia, C.S. Setty, Swaminathan Janakiraman and Ashwini Kumar Tewari
Appointment and Resignation
Sonali Singh appointed as the 26th Controller General of Accounts
- The centre has given the charge of the Controller General of Accounts (CGA), Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance to Sonali Singh, after the superannuation of Deepak Das.
- An office memorandum from the finance ministry said that Singh shall function as the head of the organization of Controller General of Accounts (CGA) in the same capacity as Additional Controller General of Accounts with effect from 01.02.2022.
- A 1987 batch officer of Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS), Singh had joined CGA as Additional Controller General of Accounts in October 2019. Prior to that, she had also served as Additional Secretary at Central Vigilance Commission.
Ravi Mittal appointed as new Chairperson of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India
- Ravi Mittal, former secretary of the department of sports is appointed as the new Chairperson of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) for a period of 5 years or till the age of 65, whichever is early.
- Following the retirement of M S Sahoo on 30th September 2021, Navrang Saini, a whole-time member of IBBI, has been serving as the Chairperson (additional charge) of IBBI.
- Ravi Mittal will take over from Navrang Saini after his term ends on 5th March 2022.
About Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI):
- Formed: 1 October 2016
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Ravi Mittal
Indian Navy’s 5th Scorpene-class submarine ‘Vagir’ commenced first sea trial
- Indian Navy’s new submarine INS Vagir, the fifth of six French-designed Scorpene-class made-in-India submarine (Kalvari-class), commenced its first sea trial on 1, February 2022.
- The submarine was launched in November 2020 from the Kanhoji Angre Wet Basin of Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL), Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- The submarine-designated “Yard 11879” during its construction by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) in collaboration with the Naval Group of France will be named ‘Vagir’ after it is commissioned into service.
- The submarine was named after INS Vagir, a Russian Vela-class submarine that served in the Navy from 1973 to 2001.
BDL signed a contract for supply of Konkurs anti-tank missiles for Indian Army
- Bharat Dynamics Ltd signed a contract worth ₹3,131.82 crores for the manufacture and supply of Konkurs-M anti-tank missiles for the Indian Army.
- BDL will manufacture and supply Konkurs anti-tank missiles to the Indian Army. Konkurs – M is a second-generation, mechanized infantry anti-tank guided missile, to destroy armored vehicle equipped with explosive reactive armour. It has a range between 75 to 4000 metres.
- BDL is also offering Man-Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missiles, Nag, Milan-2T and Amogha, for exports.
- BDL signed a license agreement with a Russian Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). This contract will be executed in three years.
About Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL):
- Founded: 1970
- Headquarters: Hyderabad, India
- Chairman & MD: Commodore Siddharth Mishra
IISc, Bengaluru commissioned supercomputer ‘Param Pravega’ having supercomputing capacity of 3.3 petaflops
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru has installed and commissioned one of the most powerful supercomputers in India, ‘Param Pravega’.
- Param Pravega is the largest supercomputer in an Indian academic institution. Param Pravega has a total Supercomputing capacity of 3.3 petaflops (1 petaflop equals a quadrillion, or 1015 operations per second).
- The supercomputer has been designed by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) under National Supercomputing Mission (NSM), a joint initiative of the Department of Science and Technology (DST) and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), and implemented by C-DAC and IISc.
About Indian Institute of Science (IISc):
- Establishment: 1909
- Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Director: Govindan Rangarajan
Mithali Raj secured 2nd Rank in ICC Women’s ODI Player Rankings for batters
- India’s One-day International skipper Mithali Raj has risen one spot to second in the ICC Women’s ODI Player Rankings for batters.
- Mithali has displaced South African batter Lizelle Lee, who is now third on the list with 731 points. Alyssa Healy (Australia) secured the first position in the ranking.
- India opener Smriti Mandhana, who was recently named ‘ICC women’s Cricketer of the Year for 2021‘, continues to maintain her sixth spot.
- In ODI All Rounder Ranking of ICC, Indian cricketer Deepti Sharma secured the fourth rank and Ellyse Perry from Australia secured In the team ranking, India is currently at the 4th place.
ICC Women ODI ranking:
|1||Alyssa Healy (Australia)||Australia|
|2||Mithali Raj (India)||South Africa|
|3||Lizelle Lee (South Africa)||England|
About International Cricket Council (ICC):
- Founded: 1909
- Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Chairman: Greg Barclay (New Zealand)
- CEO: Geoff Allardice
- Members: 106 countries
4 February: World Cancer Day
- Every year on February 4th, World Cancer Day is observed around the world by the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) to raise awareness about cancer and how to cure it.
- The day came into existence on February 4, 2000, during the World Cancer Conference for the New Millennium in Paris, France.
- Theme 2022: “Close the Care Gap”
4 February: International Day of Human Fraternity
- The ‘International Day of Human Fraternity’ is celebrated across the world on 4th February.
- The day aims to raise awareness about different cultures and religions, or beliefs, and the promotion of tolerance; and to educate people that tolerance, pluralistic tradition, mutual respect, and the diversity of religions and beliefs promote human fraternity.
- The first International Day of Human Fraternity was held in The UN General Assembly adopted a resolution to declare 4 February as International Day of Human Fraternity on 21 December 2020. The Day is a part of the ‘World Interfaith Harmony Week’, observed during the first week of February, as proclaimed by UN General Assembly in 2010.
Veteran actor and Producer Ramesh Deo passed away
- Prominent film personality Ramesh Deo, known for playing a diverse range of roles, in Marathi and Hindi movies, passed away at Mumbai’s Kokilaben Ambani Hospital due to a heart attack.
- During his career spanning several decades, the multi-faceted film personality has acted in over 450 Hindi and Marathi feature films, apart from working in several television shows and commercials.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs