Daily GK Update 5th April 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 5 April 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Banking & Financial
World Bank approves USD 32 million project to boost health services in Mizoram
- The World Bank Board of Executive Directors has approved a USD 32 million project to improve management capacity and quality of health services in Mizoram on 2nd April.
- “The project titled “Mizoram Health Systems Strengthening Project” will strengthen the governance and the management structure of the Mizoram Health department and its subsidiaries.
List of Loan approved by World Bank Recently
- $120 Million -Meghalaya Integrated Transport Project
- $105 Million-To improve the inland water transport infrastructure in Kolkata
- $100 million- for CHIRAAG (Chhattisgarh Inclusive Rural and Accelerated Agriculture Growth)
- $68 million- improve quality of school education in Nagaland
World Bank, AIIB approve loan for USD 300 million canal-based drinking water projects in Punjab
- The World Bank and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) have approved loan for USD 300 million (about Rs 2,190 crore) canal-based drinking water projects in Punjab. The project is aimed at ensuring quality drinking water and minimise water losses for Amritsar and Ludhiana
- The entire project will be co-financed by IBRD (World Bank) – USD 105 million, Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – USD 105 million and the Punjab government – USD 90 million.
Appointment & Resign
RBI deputy governor Kanungo retires
- BP Kanungo has stepped down from the post of the deputy governor of Reserve Bank of India after his term ended on 2 April, cutting short all expectations of an extension of his tenure.
- He was appointed deputy governor in 2017 for three years. His term was extended by one more year in 2020. The other deputy governors of the RBI are Rajeshwar Rao, M.K. Jain and Michael Patra.
Tashkent to host 2023 AIBA Men’s World Boxing Championships
- President of the International Boxing Association (AIBA) Umar Kremlev during his visit to Uzbekistan officially announced that AIBA Men’s World Boxing Championships will take place in Tashkent in 2023.
- The city of Tashkent is awarded the 2023 AIBA Men’s World Boxing Championships after the successful bid presentation by the Boxing Federation of Uzbekistan. The AIBA Board of Directors voted in favor of the major event candidate city.
Note: About Uzbekistan
- Capital: Tashkent
- President: Shavkat Mirziyoyev
- Currency: Uzbekistani soʻm
Book & Author
A book titled ‘Manohar Parrikar: Brilliant Mind, Simple Life’ by Nitin Gokhale
- A new book titled ‘Manohar Parrikar: Brilliant Mind, Simple Life’ authored by Nitin Gokhale was released. The book is published by Bloomsbury. It is an attempt to capture Parrikar’s persona — the man, the politician and the patriot.
- Through this book, the author presents the journey of the contribution of Parrikar to nation-building and his service to the Goan society, from being an IIT student to a social worker and to India’s defence minister.
5th April- National Maritime Day
- On 5th April every year in India National Maritime day is observed because on this date in 1919 navigation history was created SS Loyalty, the first ship of The Scindia Steam Navigation Company Ltd journeyed to the United Kingdom. It was a red-letter day in the account of Indian navigation.
- The World Maritime Theme for 2021 is devoted to seafarers, highlighting their central role which is very important for the way forward for the shipping sector.
5 April: International Day of Conscience
- The United Nations declares April 5 as International Day of Conscience. This day serves to remind people to self-reflect, follow their conscience, and do the right things.
- This Day is observed every year on 5th April and the first International Conscience Day was observed in 2020. So in the current year 2021, the second United Nations (UN) International Day of Conscience celebrations are being held across the world.
Veteran film and TV actress Shashikala passes away
- Veteran film and TV actress Shashikala passed away on April 4 at her residence. The actress was 88. Shashikala also worked in television and was part of popular shows like Sonpari and Jeena Isi ka Naam Hai.
- Shashikala has featured in over 100 films, essaying several pivotal parts. She is remembered for her performance in hits like ‘Khubsoorat’, ‘Anupama’ and ‘Ayi Milan Ke Bela’, ‘Badshah’ to name a few. In 2007, Shashikala was honoured with the prestigious Padma Shri award for her contribution to cinema.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|