Current Affairs 5th April 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Andhra Pradesh set up ‘She Auto’ stands to provide safe transport to women
- Andhra Pradesh’s Tirupati police have set up three ‘She Auto’ stands in Tirupati; autos run by female drivers, the first of its kind in the state.
- Three ‘She Auto’ stands have been set up in RTC Bus Stand, Mahila University, and Ruia Hospital.
- Aim: Women and girls student’s safety
About Andhra Pradesh:
- Capitals: Visakhapatnam (executive capital), Kurnool (judicial capital), Amaravati (legislative capital.)
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Stand-Up India Scheme completed 6 years
- Stand-Up India scheme has completed its six years on 5th April 2022. Under the Stand-Up India Scheme, over 30,160 crore rupees have been sanctioned to more than 1 lakh 33 thousand 995 accounts since the launch of the Scheme.
- The scheme was launched by PM Modi on 5th April 2016. Stand Up India scheme was extended till 2025.
- Out of the total sanctioned accounts, 6,435 accounts belonged to ST borrowers with Rs 1373.71 crore sanctioned and 19,310 accounts belonged to SC borrowers with Rs 3976.84 crore sanctioned. To 1,08,250 women entrepreneurs who held accounts, Rs. 24809.89 crore has been sanctioned.
- Aim: Loan facility between 10 lakh and one crore rupees to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, and women.
Gangaur festival celebrated in Rajasthan
- The Gangaur festival is celebrated in Rajasthan and some parts of Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, and West Bengal.
- It is one of Rajasthan’s most important festivals and is observed with great fervour across the state.
- The women worship Gauri, the wife of Lord Shiva during the period of this festival which is from March to April. This festival celebrates the harvest, spring, childbearing, and marital fidelity.
- The unmarried women worship Gauri to seek her blessings for finding a good husband. The married women worship her for health, welfare, happy married life, and long life of their husbands.
- On the first day of Chaitra, the day following Holi, this festival begins and continues for a period of 16 days.
Famous festivals of Rajasthan:
- Pushkar Camel Fair
- Maru Mahotsav or Jaisalmer Desert Festival
Tata Power Renewable commissioned 300MW solar plant in Gujarat with India’s largest single-axis tracker system
- Tata Power Renewables Energy Ltd (TPREL) has commissioned a 300 MW project in Dholera, Gujarat; it is India’s largest single-axis solar tracker system.
- The project will generate 774 million units annually and reduce approximately 704340 MT/year of carbon emission. With this, the installation entails 8,73,012 numbers of Monocrystalline Photovoltaic (PV) Modules.
- 1320 Acre area has been used for the installation. The renewables capacity in operation for Tata Power is 3,400 MW – Solar: 2,468 MW and Wind: 932 MW.
- Tata Power’s total Renewable capacity is 5,020 MW including 1,620 MW of Renewable projects under various stages of implementation.
About Tata Power:
- Founded: 1911
- Founder: Dorabji Tata
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- CEO: Praveer Sinha
Assam Cabinet approved MoU with French funding agency for biodiversity conservation
- Assam Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma approved an MoU between the environment and forest department of the State and Agence Francaise de Development (French Development Agency), a French funding agency, to foster bilateral dialogue in the field of environment.
- The MoU will enhance cooperation between the forest department and international stakeholders of Africa, Asia and France regarding biodiversity conservation in the Indo-Pacific region.
- The Assam cabinet also approved the modified guidelines for issuance of caste certificates by simplifying the eligibility for getting such documents for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes and more other backward classes.
- The cabinet also approved raising Rs 170.15 crore as loan assistance from National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) for 15 projects of the Public Works Department (Roads). The projects include 12 embankments cum roads and three rural bridges.
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief Minister: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Governor: Jagadish Mukhi
Viktor Orban re-elected as Prime Minister of Hungary for 4th term
- Hungary’s prime minister, Viktor Orban won a fourth successive term in office by a landslide victory in the country’s general elections for 2022. He is a member of the Fidesz party.
- He is serving as PM since 2010, and this will be his fourth consecutive term as prime minister.
- According to the National Election Office of Hungary, Fidesz would have 135 seats in the 199-member parliament, a two-thirds majority, and the opposition alliance would have 56 seats with ~35% of the votes counted.
- Capital: Budapest
- Currency: Hungarian forint
- President: Katalin Novak
- Prime Minister: Viktor Orbán
Hurun Richest Self-Made Women in the World 2022: Falguni Nayar ranked 10th
- According to the list of Hurun Richest Self-Made Women In The World 2022 released by the Hurun Research Institute, Falguni Nayar, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Nykaa, is ranked 10th with a wealth of USD 7.6 billion. She is the only Indian among the top 10.
- Radha Vembu, co-founder & product manager of Zoho is the second-richest self-made woman billionaire in India with US$ 3.9bn & ranked 25th in the global list. Radha Vembu is top in India, and second across the world, in the list of Biggest Risers.
- Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, executive chairperson and founder of Biocon Limited and Biocon Biologics, is 26th on the list, down two places from last year. She has a wealth of US $3.8 bn.
- According to the list, there are 124 Self-Made Women Billionaires in World and China contributes to two-thirds of the world’s self-made women billionaires with 78 followed by the United States with 25 and the United Kingdom with 5.
Top 3 on the list:
- Wu Yajun co-founder of Longfor (China has topped the list)
- Fan Hongwei, Chairman/President, Hengli Petrochemical Co Ltd (China)
- Wang Laichun of Luxshare Precision Industry (China).
Appointment and Resignation
Vinay Mohan Kwatra appointed India’s New Foreign Secretary
- The Indian government has named Vinay Mohan Kwatra who is the country’s ambassador to Nepal, as India’s next Foreign Secretary.
- He will be taking charge after incumbent Harsh Vardhan Shringla retires on 30th April.
- Vinay Mohan Kwatra is an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer and has 32 years of experience working in a range of assignments. From 2015 to 2017, he has worked in the Prime Minister’s office and then went to France as the ambassador of India.
- From 2015 to 2017, Kwatra has served as the joint secretary of the Prime Minister of India’s office. From 2017 to 2020, he served as the Indian Ambassador to France. Since 2020, he has been serving as the Indian ambassador to Nepal.
Lt Gen Manoj Pande all set to become next Army chief
- Vice Chief Lieutenant General, Manoj Pande is all set to become Chief of the Army Staff as the incumbent Army Chief General M. Naravane, who is being seen as the frontrunner for the Chief of Defence Staff’s post, is due to retire by the end of this month.
- Being senior-most in the office after General Naravane, Lt Gen Pande will take over the reign. Lt Gen Pande became the senior-most after a few top officers retired in the last three months. The incumbent Lt Gen Raj Shukla who was commandingArmy’s training command (ARTRAC) retired on March 31.
- Meanwhile, present Army Chief, Gen MM Naravane is ahead in the race for the post of Chief of Defence Staff after the post fell vacant in December last year as the then Chief of Defence Staff, General Bipin Rawat passed away in a helicopter crash near Coimbatore.
UN Human Rights Council appointed Tuvalu negotiator Dr Ian Fry as climate change expert
- The United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) has appointed Dr Ian Fry as the world’s first independent expert for human rights and climate change.
- Dr Fry has been appointed for a period of three years. He holds dual citizenship of Tuvalu and Australia.
- He has negotiated on behalf of least developed countries including at the 2015 Paris climate conference where he helped ensure that human rights were part of the final package.
- The position of Special Rapporteur for human rights and climate change was created by UNHRC in October 2021. The new independent expert will have the mandate to “study and identify how the adverse effects of climate change, including sudden and slow-onset disasters, affect the full and effective enjoyment of human rights and make recommendations on how to address and prevent these adverse effects”.
About United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC):
- Founded:15 March 2006
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- President: Federico Villegas
Journalist Aarefa Johari awarded Chameli Devi Jain Award 2021
- A journalist from Mumbai, Aarefa Johari was awarded with the Chameli Devi Jain Award for an Outstanding Woman Mediaperson 2021. It was announced by the Media Foundation.
- Aarefa Johari works for ‘Scroll. in’ in Mumbai, Maharashtra. In 2020, Neetu Singh got this award. She is associated with ‘Goan Connection’ media house.
- Jury: Nirupama Subramania, Githa Hariharan and Ashutosh
- The award was instituted in 1980 by Verghese and the family of Chameli Devi.
- Chameli Devi Jain Award is the annual prestigious recognition in the field of Journalism for women media persons journalist in India who have reported on themes such as social development, politics, equity, gender justice, health, war and conflict, and consumer values.
Book and Author
Ashwini Shrivastava authored a new book titled Decoding Indian Babudom
- A new book titled ‘’Decoding Indian Babudom’’ authored by Ashwini Shrivastava and published by Vitasta Publishing Private Limited launched.
- This is a first-of-its-kind book by a journalist covering the bureaucratic system of India.
- It highlights India’s administrative system and functioning of governance from a common man’s point of view.
- The author recommended “15 Sutras” to achieve good and effective governance that can bring in investment by boosting businessmen’s confidence in the administration.
3 April 2022: 258th Raising Day of Army Medical Corps
- On 3rd April 2022, Indian Army celebrated the 258th Raising Day of the Army Medical Corps (AMC) to celebrate the founding of AMC and to pay tribute to the medical personnel who have sacrificed their lives in the line of duty.
- The Indian Medical Service (IMS) dates back to 1612 but not until 1764, the Surgeons were made into the regular establishment of the armies of the East India Company.
- Army Medical Corps (AMC) came into existence as the Indian Army Medical Corps (IAMC) on 3rd April 1943 by the amalgamation of the Indian Medical Service, the Indian Medical Department and the Indian Hospital Corps.
- The IAMC was re-designated as Army Medical Corps (AMC) with effect from 26th January 1950.
5 April: National Maritime Day
- National Maritime Day in India is observed on 5 April every year. This year is the 59th edition of the National Maritime Day.
- The National Maritime Day is celebrated every year day to illustrate the awareness in supporting intercontinental commerce and the global economy as the most well-organized, safe and sound, environmentally responsive approach of transporting goods from one corner to another corner of the world.
- National Maritime Day was first celebrated on April 5, 1964. The saga of Indian shipping first started on April 5, 1919, when the SS Loyalty, the first ship of The Scindia Steam Navigation Company Ltd traveled from Mumbai to the United Kingdom (London).
- Theme 2022: “Sustainable Shipping beyond Covid-19’’.
About Army Medical Corps:
- Established: 1943
- Motto: “Sarve Santu Niramaya” (meaning “Let all be free from disease and disability”)
- Director-General of Armed Forces Medical Services: Vice Admiral Rajat Datta
- Director General Medical Services (DGMS)(Army): Lieutenant General Daljit Singh
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs