Current Affairs 6th April 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Tamil Nadu government launched ‘Kaaval Uthavi’ app for public during emergency
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M K Stalin has launched the ‘Kaaval Uthavi’ app which helps citizens to seek police assistance during any emergency.
- The app is containing sixty features that are used to send an emergency alert to the police control room.
- By pressing the emergency red button, the user’s live location will be shared with the control room. The user can also identify the nearest police station/patrol vehicle.
Recent Tamil Nadu govt schemes:
- ‘e-munnetram’ web portal
- Illam Thedi Kalvi’ Scheme ‘
- “CM Dashboard Tamil Nadu 360”
- ‘Meendum Manjappai’ scheme
- “Naan Muthalvan- Ulagai Vellum Ilaiya Tamilagam” skill development scheme for students
Uttar Pradesh govt launched ‘School Chalo Abhiyan’ initiative
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched the ‘School Chalo Abhiyan’ in order to secure 100% enrollment in elementary and upper primary schools in Uttar Pradesh.
- Citing an official announcement, the state government will make an effort to shape the future of primary education and the holistic development of elementary schools.
- The ‘School Chalo Abhiyan’ is being implemented in Shravasti, which has the lowest literacy rate in the state. Bahraich, Balrampur, Badaun, and Rampur are the other districts in Uttar Pradesh with the lowest literacy rate.
- Under the initiative, students will receive uniforms, shoes, and socks. Government schools must achieve all of the goals of ‘Operation Kayakalp,’ which aims to give schools a facelift, according to Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, who told officials that not only will public representatives be involved with the ‘School Chalo Abhiyan,’ but that MLAs must also adopt a school each.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
4th edition of India Boat & Marine Show (IBMS) concluded in Kochi
- The 4th edition of the India Boat & Marine Show (IBMS) was held at Bolgatty Palace in Kochi in Kerala.
- IBMS is India’s only and most influential Boat and Marine industry related exhibition. The event is organised by Kochi-based Cruz Expo.
- The IBMS 2022 showcased leading international brands as well as indigenous boat manufacturers from across the country. Around 45 exhibitors from all over India and two international exhibitors participated in the expo.
- The focus of the IBMS expo 2022 was the requirements for MSME in the marine and boating sector.
Andhra Pradesh CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy inaugurated 13 new districts
- Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has inaugurated 13 new districts in the state, and now the total number of districts is 26.
- The new districts were created using Parliamentary constituencies as a guide. The new districts will provide better administration and transparency, create a smooth and effective delivery mechanism for welfare schemes.
List of the new districts and their headquarters:
- Alluri Sitharama Raju District – Paderu
- Annamayya District – Rayachoty
- Anakapalli – Anakapalli
- Bapatla – Bapatla
- Eluru – Eluru
- Kakinada – Kakinada
- Kona Seema – Amalapuram
- Manyam District – Parvathipuram
- Nandyal – Nandyal
- NTR District – Vijayawada
- Palnadu – Narsaraopeta
- Sri Balaji District – Tirupati
- Sri Satyasai District – Puttaparthy
About Andhra Pradesh:
- Capitals: Visakhapatnam (executive capital), Kurnool (judicial capital), Amaravati (legislative capital.)
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Aleksandar Vučić re-elected as President of Serbia
- Aleksandar Vučić has been re-elected as the President of Serbia. The pro-European and centrist Alliance for Victory coalition was represented by Zdravko Ponos, a retired army general.
- The pollsters had predicted that Vucic’s Serbian Progressive Party (SNS) would win most of the votes with 43 percent and they would be followed by the United for Victory of Serbia opposition. In third place stood the Socialist Party of Serbia.
- Aleksandar Vučić is serving as Serbia’s president since 2017, and since 2012 he has been serving as the president of the Serbian Progressive Party (SNS). He has served as the President for two terms, from 2014 to 2016 and from 2016 to 2017
- Capital: Belgrade
- Currency: Serbian dinar
- President: Aleksandar Vučić
Banking and Financial
ADB projected India’s economy to grow 7.5% in FY2022, 8% in FY2023
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) has forecasted that India’s economy will grow 7.5% in FY2022 and 8% in FY2023.
- The forecast was issued as part of the Asian Development Outlook (ADO) 2022, the latest edition of ADB’s flagship economic publication. FY2022 refers to the 12 months ending 31 March 2023.
- Factors affecting the economy: Covid new variant, Russia-Ukraine crises (higher global oil and commodity prices).
Note: India GDP projected for FY23 (2022-2023)
- Word Bank-8.3%, 8.7% in 2022-23
- ICRA-7.2% in FY23, FY22 at 8.5%
- Crisil-9.5%, 7.8 for FY23
- OECD-8.1% for FY23, 5.5% in FY24
- Morgan Stanely: 7.9% for FY23
- FICCI:7.4% for FY23
SBI signed MoU with BSF to offer special benefits through CAPSP Scheme
- State Bank of India (SBI) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Border Security Force to offer special benefits through the Central Armed Police Salary Package (CAPSP) Scheme.
- The MoU will support child education and the marriage of girl children of deceased BSF personnel. The retired personnel will be eligible for complimentary Personal Accidental (Death) Insurance, irrespective of age, whereas family pensioners will be eligible for a bouquet of benefits.
- Bank also offers zero-balance savings bank accounts with complimentary benefits and waives off service charges.
About Border Security Force (BSF):
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Director-General: Pankaj Kumar Singh
HDFC Bank announced merger with housing finance firm HDFC Ltd
- Mortgage lender HDFC Limited is set to merge with HDFC Bank to create India’s third-biggest financial entity in terms of market capitalisation.
- The board of directors of the Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC) Limited at its meeting held has approved the amalgamation of HDFC Investments Limited and HDFC Holdings Limited with HDFC Ltd, and HDFC Ltd with HDFC Bank.
- With the proposed merger, HDFC Bank can build its own housing loan portfolio and also enhance its existing customer base. The merger is expected to be completed by FY-24.
- Shareholders of HDFC Ltd as on the record date will receive 42 shares of HDFC Bank (each of face value of ₹1), for 25 shares held in HDFC Ltd (each of face value of ₹2). The equity share(s) held by HDFC Ltd in HDFC Bank will be extinguished as per the scheme.
- After the merging, HDFC Bank will be 100 percent owned by public shareholders and existing shareholders of HDFC Ltd will own 41 percent of HDFC Bank through the transformational merger.
About HDFC Bank:
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: August 1994
- CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Chairman: Atanu Chakraborty
- Tagline: We understand your world
HP acquired Poly for $1.7 billion in a bid to become a full-service hybrid work ecosystem provider
- HP has completed its acquisition of Poly for $1.7 billion in an all-cash deal worth $3.3 billion when debt is factored in.
- Poly is a manufacturer of office communication devices such as headsets, AV conference room equipment such as desk phones, and software.
- The decision comes eight months after HP acquired Teradici, a remote desktop software supplier, with the goal of accelerating HP’s entrance into hybrid work. The resulting ecosystem will be able to deliver entire workforce solutions in a hybrid work environment that necessitates seamless transitions between office and home settings.
- Furthermore, according to HP, peripherals represent a $110 billion market opportunity with a 9% annual growth rate, while workforce solutions represent a $120 billion segment opportunity with an 8% annual growth rate.
About Hewlett-Packard (HP):
- Founded: July 2, 1939
- Headquarters: Palo Alto, California, U.S.
Canara Bank, SBI, PNB & Union Bank reduced their stake to 5% in IDRCL
- State Bank of India, Canara Bank, Punjab National Bank and Union Bank of India, four Public Sector Banks of India have reduced their stake in India Debt Resolution Company Ltd (IDRCL) to 5% each.
- With the current round of preferential allotment by IDRCL, the equity stake of Canara Bank has been reduced to 5% from its previous holding of 14.90%.
- PNB has reduced its stake from 11.8% to 5% while Union Bank has reduced its stake from 12.30% to 5 %. SBI has reduced its stake from 12.30% to 5%.
- Public sector banks will hold 51 per cent stake in NARCL and 49 per cent in the debt management company IDRCL.
SEBI formed panel to strengthen governance of stock exchanges; chaired by G Mahalingam
- SEBI has constituted a committee that will review and make recommendations for the strengthening of governance norms at market infrastructure institutions (MIIs) and stock exchanges.
- The committee has been constituted after the alleged corporate lapses of governance at NSE were revealed.
- SEBI had revealed the existence of a ‘Himalayan yogi’ who had influenced the decisions that were taken by Chitra Ramkrishna, the ex-MD and CEO of the organization.
- The committee consists of six members and G Mahalingam, a former whole-time member of SEBI, will be chairing this committee.
- The other members include CEOs and MDS of BSE and NSE, and CDSL and NSDL; Aarti Nihalani, Partner, Oliver Wyman; J N Gupta, MD of Stakeholders Empowerment Services; Uttam Bagri, former chairman, BSE Brokers Forum; and Sandip Bhagat, Partner, S&R Associates.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- SC appointed a high-level committee to investigate PM’s security breach in Punjab: Indu Malhotra
- SEBI restructured High-Power Advisory Committee on Settlement Orders and Compounding of Offences: Jai Narayan Patel (previously headed by Vijay C Daga)
- SEBI restructured Advisory Committee on Investor Protection and Education Fund: G Mahalingam (earlier headed by Abraham Koshy)
- Centre constituted Ken-Betwa link Project Authority, and 20-member National Steering Committee: Pankaj Kumar
- Alternative Investment Policy Advisory Committee reconstituted by SEBI: NR Narayana Murthy
Book and Author
Dharmendra Pradhan released book titled ‘Birsa Munda – Janjatiya Nayak’ written by Prof Alok Chakrawal
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has released a book on tribal freedom fighter Birsa Munda.
- The ‘Birsa Munda – Janjatiya Nayak’ is a book written by Prof Alok Chakrawal, Vice-Chancellor of Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya Bilaspur.
- Birsa Munda was born on November 15, 1875, in Ulihatu village (now in Jharkhand). He belongs to the Munda tribe
5 April: International Day of Conscience
- The United Nations General Assembly has designated 5 April to be observed as an International Day of Conscience every year.
- The resolution was adopted on 31 July 2019 by the UN General Assembly. The year 2022 marks the third edition of the celebrations.
- This day serves to remind people to self-reflect, follow their conscience, and do the right things. The first International Conscience Day was observed in 2020.
6 April: International Day of Sport for Development and Peace
- International Day of Sport for Development and Peace (IDSDP) is observed annually on 6th April. This day is celebrated to highlight the importance of sports in society.
- This day recognizes the positive impact due to sports on the harmony and peace of various communities across the globe.
- In 2013, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) had declared that the 6th of April is to be celebrated as the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace.
- April 6th was selected as on this day in 1896 the first-ever Modern Olympics took place in Athens. Since 2014, this day has been annually observed across the planet.
- The global theme of IDSDP 2022 is, “Securing a Sustainable and Peaceful Future for All: The Contribution of Sport”
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs