Current Affairs 7th January 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Kerala High Court became India’s 1st paperless court
- The Kerala High Court is all set to become India’s first paperless court. Supreme Court judge Justice DY Chandrachud inaugurated the smart courtrooms on 1 January 2022.
- In the 1st phase six courtrooms, including the Chief Justice’s room, will be converted into smart courts. Also, case files will be made available to the lawyers on the computer screen.
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
Sarbananda Sonowal laid foundation stone of International Yoga Academy in Hyderabad
- Ayush Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has laid the foundation stone of the Heartfulness International Yoga Academy in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- He also launched 75 crores suryanamaskar initiative as part of the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav”.The academy tries to reach all levels of society through training programmes and these will be overseen by an international team.
- The 75 crore Suryanamaskar project is a tribute to 75 years of India’s independence. Surya Namaskar’s practice of sun salutation’ literally means the sun salutation and the project will continue until February 20. The 75 crores Suryanamaskar challenge aims to create the largest congregational Surya Namaskar event with each participant receiving a certificate upon completion of the 21-day Suryanamaskar challenge.
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
- Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
Himachal Pradesh CM launched UNNATI portal, website and mobile app of HPSIDC; HPSIDC signed an MoU with SAIL for the supply of steel
- Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Jai Ram Thakur has launched the UNNATI portal, website and mobile application of the Himachal Pradesh State Industrial Development Corporation Limited (HPSIDC).
- The UNNATI portal will allow the user to work in collaboration with others and focus on individual projects.
- HPSIDC and the Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the supply of steel to the corporation within the state unless the corporation chooses to acquire from alternate sources due to material unavailability.
About Himachal Pradesh:
- Capital: Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter)
- Governor: Rajendra Arlekar
- Chief Minister: Jai Ram Thakur
Jitendra Singh launched theme of National Science Day 2022
- Science and Technology Minister Dr Jitendra Singhlaunched the theme of National Science Day 2022 in New Delhi raising public appreciation of the scientific issues.
- The National Science Day (NSD) is observed every year on 28th February to mark the discovery of the Raman effect.
- Theme 2022: ‘Integrated Approach in Science and Technology (S&T) for Sustainable Future’.
- Science integration is based on four pillars, all of which work together with all science ministries for problem-solving theme-based approaches, technology, etc.
Google acquired Israeli cybersecurity startup Siemplify for $500 million
- Alphabet Inc-owned, Google has acquired Israeli cybersecurity startup Siemplify, in a deal worth $500 million.
- This acquisition will expand the U.S. tech giant’s security offerings in the country amid rising cyber-attacks. Siemplify will be integrated into Google Cloud’s Chronicle operation.
- This purchase marks the fourth acquisition of an Israeli company by Google and its first in the cybersecurity industry outside the US.
- Siemplify was founded in 2015 by Amos Stern (CEO), Alon Cohen (CTO) and Garry Fatakhov (COO). It has offices in Tel Aviv and headquarters in New York.
- Founded: 4 September 1998
- Headquarters: California, United States
- CEO: Sundar Pichai
- Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin
Banking and Financial
NTPC set to acquire 5% equity stake in Power Exchange India Limited
- NTPC Limited (formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited,) is set to acquire up to 5% of the equity stake in Power Exchange India Limited (PXIL).
- PXIL is India’s first institutionally promoted power exchange, that provides electricity trading solutions and connects buyers as well as sellers.
- This acquisition is in line with the intention of the government to increase the share of the spot power market to 25% of the total electricity supply in India by 2023- 2024.
- According to the data on the portal of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA), the authorized share capital of the PXIL is Rs 120 crore and the paid-up capital is Rs 58.47 crores.
About NTPC Limited:
- Founded: 1975
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Chairman & MD: Gurdeep Singh
RIL launched India Inc’s biggest bond sale abroad
- Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) launched a mega bond sale as it desired to raise USD 3 to 5 billion from offshore investors.
- The sale is claimed as the largest-ever foreign currency bond issuance from India and 2022’s first fundraising by an Indian company.
- RIL received bids of about USD 11-12 billion, named as ‘order book size’ in the market. Bonds are of three tenors: 10, 30, and 40 years.
About Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL):
- Founded: 8 May 1973
- Founder: Dhirubhai Ambani
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CMD: Mukesh Ambani
SBI General Insurance launched ‘#BahaneChhodoTaxBachao’ campaign
- State Bank of India General Insurance Company Ltd launched a campaign titled ‘#BahaneChhodoTaxBachao’to increase awareness around the need to buy health insurance to save tax.
- It will also highlight the other benefits of opting for health insurance. The campaign is in a quirky Vox Pop format featuring anchor Rudraksh Singh aka Rudy.
- A health insurance not just prevents a medical emergency but also benefit from saving tax under section 80D of Income Tax Act, 1961.
About SBI General Insurance:
- Founded: 24 February 2009
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Prakash Chandra Kandpal
- Tagline: Suraksha Aur Bharosa Dono
Appointment and Resignation
Atul Keshap appointed president of U.S.-India Business Council (USIBC)
- Atul Keshap, former US envoy to India, has been appointed as President of the U.S.-India Business Council (USIBC), announced the US Chamber of Commerce.
- Ambassador Keshap most recently served in New Delhi as United States Charge d’Affaires to India, leading the U.S. Embassy team. He has held a number of senior U.S. government positions and is a 28-year veteran of the U.S. Department of State.
Zhang Ming took over as Secretary-General of Shanghai Cooperation Organization
- Veteran Chinese diplomat Zhang Ming has taken over as Secretary-General of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) with effect from 1st Jan 2021 for 3 years
- He succeeded Vladimir Norov, former diplomat from Uzbekistan. Before joining SCO, he served as the head of the Chinese mission to the European Union.
About Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO):
- Founded: 15 June 2001
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- Members: India, Kazakhstan, China, Kyrgyz Republic, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan
- Presidency for 2022-2023: India
- Secretary-General: Zhang Ming
Vijay Paul Sharma reappointed as Chairman of Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices (CACP)
- The Central government has reappointed Vijay Paul Sharma as Chairman of the Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices (CACP) after he resigned in May 2021 completing his five-year term (2016-2021).
- Vijay Paul Sharma also serves as a professor in the Agriculture department at the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM-A) Gujarat.
- The CACP was established in 1965. It is an apex advisory body that works under the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare. The CACP recommends the Minimum Support Prices (MSPs) to the Cabinet Committee of Economic Affairs (CCEA) to incentivize cultivators.
Indian Express Group announced Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards 2019
- Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards (RNG Awards) has been announced by the Indian Express Group for journalists across the country, for their work done in 2019.
- RNG awards are one the most prestigious awards in India in the field of journalism, held annually since
- The award is named after Ramnath Goenka, the founder of “The Indian Express” and Indian Express Group in
List of winners:
- Hindi (Print): Anand Choudhary, Dainik Bhaskar
- Hindi (Broadcast): Sushil Kumar Mohapatra, NDTV India
- Regional Languages (Print): Aniket Vasant Sathe, Loksatta
- Regional Languages (Broadcast): Sunil Baby, Media One TV
- Environment, Science And Technology Reporting (Print): Team Pari (People’s Archive Of Rural India)
- Environment, Science And Technology Reporting (Broadcast): Team Scroll
- Uncovering India Invisible (Print): Shiv Sahay Singh, The Hindu
- Uncovering India Invisible (Broadcast): Tridip K Mandal, The Quint
- Business And Economic Journalism (Print): Sumant Banerji, Business Today
- Business And Economic Journalism (Broadcast): Ayushi Jindal, India Today TV
- Reporting On Politics And Government (Digital): Dheeraj Mishra, The Wire
- Reporting On Politics And Government (Broadcast): Seemi Pasha, Thewire. in
- Sports journalism (Print): Nihal Koshie, The Indian Express
- Sports journalism (Broadcast): Team NewsX
- Investigative Reporting (Print): Kaunain Sheriff M, The Indian Express
- Investigative Reporting (Broadcast): S Mahesh Kumar, Manorama News
- Reporting On Arts, Culture And Entertainment: Uday Bhatia, Mint
- Prakash Kardaley Memorial Award for Civic Journalism: Chaitanya Marpakwar, Mumbai Mirror
- Photojournalism: Zishaan A Latif, The Caravan
- Books (Non-Fiction): Arun Mohan Sukumar
India participated in ‘Sea Dragon’ 2022 exercise at Guam in the Western Pacific
- India is participating in the multinational exercise Sea Dragon 2022 at Guam in the Western Pacific.
- The six nations that are participating in the exercise are the United States, Australia, Canada, India, Japan and South Korea.
- The exercise, primarily focused on anti-submarine warfare (ASW) training, will involve more than 270 hours of in-flight training and activities ranging from tracking simulated targets to tracking a US Navy submarine. Each event will be graded and the country scoring the highest points will receive the Dragon Belt award.
Book and Author
A new book titled “Gandhi’s Assassin: The Making of Nathuram Godse and His Idea of India” authored by Dhirendra Jha
- Dhirendra K. Jha, a Delhi-based journalist, has authored a new book titled “Gandhi’s Assassin: The Making of Nathuram Godse and His Idea of India”.
- The book explores Godse’s relationship with the organizations that influenced his view and gave him a sense of purpose and draws out the gradual hardening of Godse’s resolve that led to Mahatma Gandhi’s assassination.
Shillong Chamber Choir founder Neil Nongkynrih passed away
- Founder of Shillong Chamber Choir (SCC) and renowned Indian concert pianist Neil Nongkynrih passed away at the age of 51 years in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- In 2010, SCC performed for former US President Barack Obama & Michelle Obama during their visit to India. SCC’s version of ‘Vande Maataram’ was played during the live telecast program Indian space rocket Chandrayaan – 2’s landing on the moon.
- Award: Padma Shri (2015) in the field of arts.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs