Current Affairs 7th June 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Andhra Pradesh launched ‘14400 app’ to report corrupt officials with proof
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy launched the ‘14400’ app. This app has been developed by Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB).
- This app is customized for the people to register corruption-related complaints against the officials in the state.
- This app also aims to ensure fool-proof evidence to present before the court.
- A complaint can be filed through a toll-free number 14400.
List of Schemes launched by Andhra Pradesh:
- YSR Rythu Bharosa
- Jagananna Chedodu scheme
- YSR Kapu Nestham Scheme
- YSR ‘Sampoorna Poshana’
- Pedalandariki Illu,’ (housing for poor)
Tamil Nadu launched Nalaya Thiran skilling programme for college students under Naan Mudhalvan
- The Tamil Nadu government recently launched Naan Mudhalvan (I am the first). Under this programme Tamil Nadu government has now launched Nalaya Thiran (Tomorrow’s ability).
- Under the programme, 50,000 college students will train with the knowledge in computer science, electronics and IT domains, skilling them on problem solving using technologies.
- This will help the companies to get skilled workforce.
- It is not a pilot programme.
- This multi-agency programme has been co-created by Nasscom, ICT Academy and Skill Development Corporation, giving students access to much needed cross-cutting skills.
About Tamil Nadu:
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief minister: K. Stalin
- Governor: N. Ravi
ACME Cleantech Solutions Private Limited Signed MoU with Karnataka Government to set up green hydrogen project
- ACME Cleantech Solutions Private Limited has signed an MoU with the Karnataka government to propose the investment of Rs. 51,865 crores in the state within five years for setting up a green hydrogen and ammonia plant with an associated solar power unit in Mangaluru.
- Under the first Phase the company will invest 5,300 crores and in second Phase Rs. 46,565 crores.
- From this, 1,800 jobs will be generated.
- This will facilitate ACME to obtain all necessary permissions, registrations, approvals, clearances and incentives from the department concerned of the state government according to its prevailing policies, rules and regulations.
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Chief Minister: Basavaraj S Bommai
- Governor: Thawar Chand Gehlot
Sant Kabir Academy to be inaugurated by President Ram Nath Kovind in Uttar Pradesh
- President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated Sant Kabir Academy and Research Centre at Sant Kabir Nagar in Uttar Pradesh.
- The President said during the inauguration that the life of Kabir is the perfect example of human behaviour and teachings and is still relevant after 650 years.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
Sikkim state declared ‘Blue Duke’ as the state Butterfly
- S. Golay, Chief Minister of Sikkim, has declared the Blue Duke as the Butterfly of the Sikkim State during the occasion of World Environment Day.
- The event took place at Saramsa Garden near Ranipool which has been organized by the Forest Department.
- Blue Duke is a native butterfly species of Sikkim, edged past another contender Krishna Peacock.
- Blue Duke is found at an altitude below 1,500 metres in the Himalayas and is commonly found in places like Pakyong, Passingdong and Dzongu, South Sikkim and West Sikkim and closer to the State capital in places like Tadong and Ranka.
- Capital: Gangtok
- Governor: Ganga Prasad
- Chief minister: Prem Singh Tamang
Banking and Financial
HDFC collaborated with Accenture for digital transformation
- HDFC has done the collaboration with global information technology services and consulting firm, Accenture to digitally transform its lending business.
- This collaboration will aim the HDFC’s lending lifecycle paper-less and nimble.
- This will also upgrade the customer experience and will provide greater operational agility and efficiency, and drive business growth.
About HDFC Bank
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: August 1994, India
- CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Tagline: We Understand Your World
Appointment and Resignation
Satish Pai appointed as the new chairman of International Aluminium Institute (IAI)
- MD of Hindalco Industries, Satish Pai has been appointed as the new chairman of International Aluminium Institute (IAI).
- He succeeds Ben Kahrs, Chief Innovation Officer of Alcoa Corporation.
- IAI is the global body for the primary aluminium industry.
Bajram Begaj has been declared as the new President of Albania
- Recently, Albania got the new President, Bajram Begaj.
- He has won the post after the 140-seat Parliament voted 78 in favor, four against and one abstained.
- He was elected among six candidates.
- He also, has been the army’s chief-of-staff since July 2020.
- Capital: Tirana
- Currency: Albanian lek
- President: Ilir Meta
- Continent: Europe
India successfully tested nuclear- capable Agni-4 ballistic missile in Odisha
- India has successfully executed a nuclear- capable Agni-4 ballistic missile from APJ Abdul Kalam Island in Odisha.
- The missile has the range of around 4,000 kilometres.
- Earlier, India successfully test-fired an extended range version of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from a Sukhoi fighter jet.
- It was the first launch of the extended range version of the BrahMos missile from a Su-30MKI aircraft.
List of Agni Missiles in India
- Agni-I MRBM: surface-to-surface medium-range ballistic missile
- Agni-II MRBM: surface-to-surface medium-range ballistic missile
- Agni-III IRBM: surface-to-surface intermediate-range ballistic missile
- Agni-IV IRBM: surface-to-surface intermediate-range ballistic missile
- Agni-V ICBM: surface-to-surface intercontinental ballistic missile
- Agni-VI: Four-stage Intercontinental ballistic missile
Indian Army Contingent participates in the “Khaan Quest 2022” exercise at Mongolia
- Indian Army participates in a multinational exercise “Ex Khaan Quest 2022” where 16 other countries also took part in Mongolia.
- President of Mongolia, Ukhnaagiin Khurelsukh inaugurated the Exercise as the host.
- Indian Army is represented by a contingent from the LADAKH SCOUTS.
- The 14-day exercise is aimed at enhancing interoperability, building military to military relationships, developing peace support operations and military readiness among participating nations.
About Indian Army:
- Founded: 1 April 1895
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chief of the Army Staff: Manoj Pande
- Motto: Service Before Self
Defence Minister agreed to purchase Indian-made equipment’s worth Rs. 76,000 crores
- The Defence Minister Rajnath Singh permitted Armed Force to purchasing Indian-made equipment’s worth Rs. 76,000 crores which includes next generation corvettes for the navy, armoured fighting vehicles for the army and engines for the Su 30 MKI fleet for the air force.
- Rajnath Singh chaired Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) and supported Acceptance of Necessity (AoN) for capital acquisition proposals of the armed forces under ‘Buy (Indian)’, ‘Buy & Make (Indian)’ and ‘Buy (Indian-IDDM)’ categories.
- The estimated cost of next generation corvettes (NGC) is Rs. 36,000 crores.
- Dornier aircrafts and Su-30 MKI aero engines will be manufactured by Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd.
Swapnil Kusale and Ashi Chouksey won gold in 50m rifle 3P mixed team event at ISSF World Cup Rifle/Pistol/Shotgun in Baku, Azerbaijan
- Swapnil Kusale and Ashi Chouksey won the gold medal in the 50m rifle 3 positions mixed team competition at the ISSF World Cup Rifle/Pistol/Shotgun at Baku, Azerbaijan.
- Swapnil and Ashi defeated Ukranian’s Serhiy Kulish and Daria Tykhova.
- This was India’s second gold tournament after the trio of Elavenil Valarivan, Shreya Agarwal and Ramita clinched the yellow metal in the 10m air rifle women’s team event.
- Indian Shooters seized 3 silvers and finished second on the medals tally behind Korea.
Khelo India Youth Games 2021 inaugurated in Panchkula, Haryana by Amit Shah
- Union Minister of Home Affairs Amit Shah inaugurated Khelo India Youth Games 2021 in Panchkula, Haryana.
- This is the fourth edition of the Khelo India Youth Games (KIYG).
- Khelo India Youth Games is the biggest nationwide grassroots level sports competition in India, started by the Central Government in 2018.
- Khelo India youth games will continue till 13th of June and the sportspersons will compete in 25 sports for 269 gold, 269 silver and 358 bronze medals from the games.
- 4,700 athletes including 2,262 girls will be presented. 37 States and Union Territories of India will be participating in KIYG 2021.
- This will be held over 5 cities (Panchkula, Shahbad, Ambala, Chandigarh and Delhi).
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya
- Chief Minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
6 June: Russian Language Day
- On 6th June every year Russian Language Day is celebrated.
- This is the 7th most spoken language (over 150 million native speakers) in the world.
- Russian Language Day was founded in 2010 by United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to commemorate Aleksandr Pushkin’s Birthday (famous Russian poet, playwright, and novelist).
- The day is celebrated to promote equal use of the UN’s 6 official languages.
7 June: World food safety day
- On 7th June every year World food safety day is celebrated to draw attention and inspire action to help prevent, detect and manage foodborne risks.
- The United Nations General Assembly established World Food Safety Day in 2018 to raise awareness of this important issue.
- This day focuses on the way to reduce the risk of food poisoning.
- The safety of food is a key to achieving Sustainable Development Goals.
- WHO and the Food and Agriculture Organization together organise the World Food Safety Day.
- Theme 2022: “Safer food, better health”
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs