Current Affairs 8th February 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
West Bengal govt launched ‘Paray Shikshalaya’, an open-air classroom programme
- West Bengal government has launched an open-air classroom programme Paray Shikshalaya (Neighbourhood Schools) for primary and pre-primary students.
- Under the ‘Paray Shikshalaya’ project, primary and pre-primary students of government schools will be taught in open spaces. The state government will also provide mid-day meals to the students of ‘Paray Shikshalaya’.
- The para teachers and primary school teachers would be part of this project. They will provide elementary education to children of Class 1-5.
About West Bengal:
- Capital: Kolkata
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Chief minister: Mamata Banerjee
Kanchoth festival celebrated in Jammu and Kashmir
- The ancient festival of Kanchoth is annually celebrated, mainly by the Nag followers, during the Shukla Paksha of Magh month which usually falls in January or February.
- The festival is celebrated with religious fervour across the Chenab valley region of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K).
- The 3-day festival is celebrated by married women who pray for the long life of their husbands.
- Kanchoth or Gauri Tritya is widely celebrated in hilly kishtwar, Ramban and Doda of Jammu province. The festival is celebrated across Bhaderwah (also known as mini-Kashmir), Kotli, Mathola, Ghata, Khakhal, Gupt Ganga, Chinnote, Kapra, Bhalra, Bheja, Chinchora and other regions.
- Lieutenant Governor: Manoj Sinha
- Formation (Union territory): 31 October 2019
Kerala signed an MoU with Social Alpha to develop clean energy tech
- Kerala Government has signed an MoU with the Social Alpha’s Energy Lab – “Clean Energy International Incubation Centre (CEIIC)” to support innovative and clean energy technology programmes in Kerala.
- The Government of Kerala signed this agreement through Kerala Development & Innovation Strategy Council (KDISC) and Energy Management Centre (EMC).
- The EMC Kerala represents the Power Department agencies including the Kerala State Electricity Board, Electrical Inspectorate and ANERT (Agency for New and Renewable Energy Research and Technology).
- Aim: To establish a clean energy incubation centre to boost green energy development and energy conservation activities in Kerala.
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
- Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
Health Minister launched intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 4.0
- Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya has virtually launched intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 4.0 to protect children and pregnant women from severe diseases.
- It will be conducted in 416 districts across 33 states/UTs. It will be implemented in three rounds, beginning from 7th February 2022.
- Second round will start from 7th March 2022, and third-round from 4th April 2022.
- First-round will cover 11 states: Assam, Uttarakhand, Gujarat, J&K, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tripura and Chhattisgarh.
Sonata Software partnered with Microsoft for its launch of ‘Microsoft Cloud’
- Sonata Software, a global IT Services, and Technology Solutions Company announced its partnership with Microsoft for its launch of ‘Microsoft Cloud for Retail’.
- The company has been a partner with Microsoft for over three decades. The ‘Microsoft Cloud for Retail’ collaboration is expected to further strengthen the relationship.
- Sonata Software delivers solutions for retailers world-wide, leveraging world-class IPs, in-house migration and modernisation tools.
- Founded: 4 April 1975, Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
- Headquarters: Redmond, Washington, United States
- CEO: Satya Nadella
- Chairperson: John W. Thompson
Amazon India signed MoU with Karnataka to turn rural women into entrepreneurs in the state
- Amazon India signed an MoU with Karnataka State Rural Livelihood Promotion Society (KSRLPS) to support the growth of women entrepreneurs.
- Amazon India will launch ‘Sanjeevini-KSRLPS’ in its platform and extend benefits of the ‘Saheli’ Programme to train and empower thousands of rural women entrepreneurs and also provide online access to a wider market for their products.
- The Saheli Programme offers training and skill development workshops to help women entrepreneurs.
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Chief Minister: Basavaraj S Bommai
- Governor: Thawar Chand Gehlot
Bangladesh Railway signed agreement with HEIL to procure 420 broad gauge wagons
- Bangladesh Railway has signed an agreement with the Hindustan Engineering and Industries Limited (HEIL), an enterprise of the Hindustan Group, to procure 420 broad gauge wagons from India, in the presence of Md. Nurul Islam Sujon Railway Minister of Bangladesh in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- The total cost of the agreement is ~Tk 231 crore(Tk – Bangladeshi Taka) (~ Rs 200 crore). At present, the BR has a total of 3,221 wagons which includes 918 tank wagons, 1030 covered wagons and 1273 open wagons.
- Bangladesh Railway Minister stated that, as a part of the modernisation initiative of the government, rivers and seaports are being connected to the railways, and single, one-way lines are being converted into two-way double lines.
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- President: Abdul Hamid
- Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
Appointment and Resignation
Dinesh Prasad Saklani appointed as director of NCERT
- Professor Dinesh Prasad Saklan has been appointed as the new Director of the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
- He has replaced Hrushikesh Senapaty, who finished his term a year ago. The new director has been appointed for a period of five years with effect from the date of assumption of charge of the post, or till he attains the age of 65 years, or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
- Professor Saklani has been awarded with Distinguished Academy Award by Punjab Kala and Sahitya Academy, Jalandhar for Historical writing in 2005. The new director is a member of the Academic Council of Uttarakhand Open University, Haldwani. Professor Saklani is also a life member in the Indian History Congress; Uttarakhand History and Culture Association and of Book Club IIAS Shimla.
About National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT):
- Founded: 1961
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Disha Patani appointed as Brand Ambassador of Bata India
- Bata India Limited appointed Bollywood actress, Disha Patani as its Brand Ambassador.
- She will promote the brand and strengthen the youth connection to enhance footwear fashion among them.
- Previously, Bata has associated with celebrities including Kriti Sanon, Sushant Singh Rajput, and cricket player Smriti Mandhana for promoting various labels under Bata.
About Bata India Limited:
- Founded: 1931
- Headquarters: Gurugram, Haryana
- CEO: Gunjan Shah
Akshay Kumar appointed as brand ambassador of Uttarakhand
- Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Pushkar Singh Dhami has appointed Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar as the brand ambassador of Uttarakhand ahead of the 2022 Assembly Elections.
- In 2017, Akshay Kumar was appointed as Uttarakhand’s brand ambassador for ‘Swachhata Abhiyan’. Akshay Kumar, is a Canadian-Indian actor, a film producer who has acted in more than 100 films.
- In 2021, Indian cricketer Rishabh Pant, who hails from Roorkee, Uttarakhand was appointed as the brand ambassador of Uttarakhand.
- Indian field hockey player, Vandana Katariya was appointed as the brand ambassador of the women and child development department of Uttarakhand as well as the brand ambassador of the Centre’s ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ scheme for Haridwar district.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Kinara Capital: Ravindra Jadeja
- Unix: Jasprit Bumrah
- Piramal Realty: Farhan Akhtar, Rahul Dravid
- Disney BYJU’s Early Learn App: Neeraj Chopra & PV Sindhu
- Uttarakhand State Brand Ambassador: Rishabh Pant
- EaseMyTrip: Vijay Raaz & Varun Sharma
- Brand Endorser of Bank of Baroda: Shafali Verma
- Ambassador of All Women Match Official Team of Legends League Cricket (LLC): Jhulan Goswami
- RenewBuy: RajKummar Rao
- GoodDot: Neeraj Chopra
- Games24x7’s ‘RummyCircle’: Hrithik Roshan
S R Narasimhan assumed additional charge as CMD of POSOCO
- S. R. Narasimhan, Director (System Operation) has assumed the additional charge of the post of Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Power System Operation Corporation Limited (POSOCO) w.e.f. 1st February 2022 at New Delhi.
- He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) in Finance. He has over three decades’ experience in Power System Operation spread across CEA, POWERGRID and POSOCO after an initial stint with BHEL.
- SR Narasimhan has contributed to several Expert Committees at the Government and regulatory levels in different areas ranging from system operation, grid integration of Renewable Energy (RE) resources, and optimization to institution building.
About Power System Operation Corporation Limited (POSOCO):
- Founded: March 2010
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- CMD: SR Narasimhan
IIT Madras established Inter-disciplinary Water Management & Policy Centre
- IIT Madras has established an Inter-disciplinary Water Management & Policy Centre to solve water problems in India.
- Called ‘AquaMAP,’ the Centre is being established with support from IIT Madras Alumni. This Centre will provide smart solutions for challenging water problems by designing scalable models by leveraging innovative technologies.
- These models would be implemented at chosen locations across the country,as a proof of concept.
China won AFC Women’s Asian Cup 2022 Football Tournament
- China PR (People’s Republic) defeated South Korea (Korea Republic), 3-2, to win the AFC Women`s Asian Cup India 2022 final title at the D. Y. Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai.
- This is the record-extending 9th AFC Women`s Asian Cup title won by China. India is hosting the 20th edition of the football AFC Women’s Asian Cup India 2022 from January 20, 2022, to February 06, 2022.
- China now qualifying for the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup to be held in Australia and New Zealand.
The following awards were given at the conclusion of the tournament:
- Most Valuable Player: Wang Shanshan (China)
- Top Scorer: Sam Kerr (7 goals) (Australia)
- Best goalkeeper: Zhu Yu (China)
- Fairplay Award: South Korea
About Asian Football Confederation (AFC):
- Founded: 8 May 1954, Manila, Philippines
- Headquarters: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- President: Salman bin Ibrahim Al Khalifa
‘Kabir of Karnataka’ Padma Shri Ibrahim Nabisaheb Sutar passed away
- Padma Shri Ibrahim Nabisaheb Sutar, a social worker fondly referred to as ‘Kabir of Karnataka’, has passed away in Mahalingpur, Bagalkot, Karnataka.
- Ibrahim Nabisaheb Sutar was a part of the group that floated ‘Bhaivaikyada Janapada Sangeetha Mela’ in 1970. The government of India has honored him with Padma Shri in 2018 for art.
- The government of Karnataka has honored him with the Rajyotsava Award, the 2nd highest civilian honour of Karnataka, in 1995.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs