Current Affairs 9th August 2021 , Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021 : Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment has launched ‘PM-DAKSH’ Portal and ‘PM-DAKSH’ Mobile App
- On 7th August, 2021, Dr. Virendra Kumar, Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment has launched ‘PM-DAKSH’ Portal and ‘PM-DAKSH’ Mobile App.
- This portal and app has been developed by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, in collaboration with NeGD, to make skill development schemes accessible to the target groups of Scheduled Castes, Backward Classes and Safai Karamcharis.
Banking & Financial
Suryoday Small Finance Bank Launched ‘Health and Wellness Savings account
- Suryoday Small Finance Bank (SSFB) has launched a ‘Suryoday Health and Wellness Savings Account’ to help customers grow their wealth and also take care of their family’s health amid the covid-19 pandemic.
- The account offers an attractive interest rate and comes with three major benefits for a family of four — top-up health insurance of ₹25 lakh, annual healthcare package and on-call emergency ambulance medical care services.
Note: About Suryoday Small Finance Bank
- MD and CEO: Baskar Babu Ramachandran;
- Founded: 2008
Labhanshu Sharma won Bharat Kesari Wrestling Dangal for Uttarakhand
- Indian Wrestler Labhanshu Sharma won the Bharat Kesari Wrestling Dangal 2021 organised in Tamil Nadu. 20 years since the formation of Uttarakhand, Labhanshu has broken the drought and won the title of Bharat Kesari for the state.
- With 15 gold medals at the state level and 10 medals at the national level and 2 gold medals and 1 silver medal in the International Wrestling competitions; Labhanshu is already set to bring glory to the nation.
Eurosport India appoints John Abraham as the MotoGP Brand Ambassador
- Eurosport India has appointed Bollywood superstar and MotoGP enthusiast, John Abraham, as the India Ambassador for their flagship Motorsport property, MotoGP™.
- John will be seen promoting MotoGP to a wider audience base in India as its face through Eurosport’s campaign – “MotoGP, Race Lagate Hai”.
Note: List of brand ambassador (Recently Appointed)
- VIVO-Virat Kohli
- Elista: Suresh Raina
- TECNO: Ayushmann Khurrana
- PUMA: Washington Sundar and Devdutt Padikkal.
- Biotechnology company MyLab: Akshay Kumar
- PUMA Motorsport in India: Yuvraj Singh
- OnePlus wearables: Jasprit Bumrah
GoI approves 1-year extension to Rajiv Gauba’s term as Cabinet Secretary
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has extended the term of service of Rajiv Gauba, as the Cabinet Secretary of India, for a further period of one year.
- His term of service was to end on August 30, 2021. Prior to this, Mr Gauba was Union Home Secretary from August 2017 to August 2019.
List of Secretary
- Defence Secretary– Ajay Kumar
- Home secretary– Ajay Kumar Bhalla
- Information and Broadcasting Secretary– Ravi Mittal
- New foreign secretary– Harsh Vardhan Shringla
- Finance secretary: T V Somanathan
- Commerce Secretary : B V R Subrahmanyam
India-UAE Navy undertakes bilateral exercise ‘Zayed Talwar 2021’
- The Indian Navy and UAE Navy conducted the bilateral naval exercise ‘Zayed Talwar 2021’ on August 07, 2021, off the coast of Abu Dhabi.
- The main objective of the ‘Zayed Talwar 2021’ naval exercise was to enhance interoperability and synergy between the two navies.
Note: list of Some Exercise
- Al Nagah-India and Oman
- ‘Naseem-Al-Bahr’-India and Oman (Navy)
- Ekuverin-India and Maldives
- Garuda Shakti-India and Indonesia
- IMDEX-India & Singapore
- SIMBEX-India & Singapore (Navel)
Tokyo Olympic 2020: Highlights
- The 32nd edition of the Olympics (Tokyo Olympics 2020) has come to a close after 15 days of nonstop action. Indian players made history in the Tokyo Olympics. Tokyo Olympics 2020 has been the most successful Olympic Games in the history of India, with seven medals — one gold, two silver, and four bronze. READ MORE………
9 August: Nagasaki Day
- Nagasaki Day is observed on 9 August. On this day US dropped an atomic bomb on the Nagasaki city of Japan in 1945 during World War II. Bomb that was dropped on Nagasaki was known as “Fat Man”.
- The first bomb was dropped on the city of Hiroshima and the second was dropped on Nagasaki on 9 August which killed around 74,000 people or more.
9 August: International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples
- August 9 marks the International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples. It is observed each year around the world to protect the rights of the indigenous population. This event acknowledges the achievements and contributions of the indigenous peoples.
- Theme 2021: “Leaving no one behind: Indigenous peoples and the call for a new social contract.”
Veteran actor Anupam Shyam passes away
- Veteran actor Anupam Shyam, who was admitted to a city hospital here due to kidney infection last week, died on 9th August.
- The 63-year-old actor, best known for his work on the TV show “Mann Kee Awaaz: Pratigya” and appearances in films like “Slumdog Millionaire” and “Bandit Queen”, was admitted to Lifeline hospital in suburban Goregaon four days ago.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series REASONING Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|