Current Affairs 9th August 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Defence Expo to be held in Gandhinagar from Oct 18 to 22
- Premier defence exhibition DefExpo-2022, which was postponed in March, will now be held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat between October 18 and 22.
- DefExpo 2022 is in line with the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to achieve self-reliance in defence and export of USD 5 billion by 2025.
- The 12th edition of DefExpo will be held in a three-venue format across, including Helipad Exhibition Centre; inaugural event and seminars at Mahatma Mandir Convention and Exhibition Centre and Live demo at Sabarmati River Front.
- The theme of the event is ‘Path to Pride’ invoking nationalistic pride and encouraging citizens to partake in nation building through establishing a capable indigenous Defence industry.
- The participants will get an opportunity to showcase their equipment and platforms and also be able to explore the strengths and capabilities of the expanse of Indian Defence industry for forging Business partnerships.
- It will help boost investment, expand manufacturing capacities and capabilities, and discover avenues for technology absorption.
- Capital – Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister – Bhupendra Patel
- Governor – Acharya Devvrat
Google launched ‘India Ki Udaan’ to celebrate 75 years of independence
- Google has launched an online project named ‘India Ki Udaan’, to celebrate India’s 75-years journey of independence.
- Under this project, Google will put up an online exhibition of informative content to showcase India’s contribution and journey in the last 75 years.
- It was launched by Union Culture and Tourism Minister G Kishan Reddy at an event organised in New Delhi.
- Founded – 1998
- Founders – Larry Page and Sergey Brin
- Headquarters – Mountain View, California, US
- CEO – Sundar Pichai
Banking and Financial
RBI imposed Rs 2.33 crore monetary penalty on Spandana Sphoorty Financial Ltd
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 2.33 crore on Hyderabad based Spandana Sphoorty Financial Limited for its failure to adhere to pricing of credit guidelines for Non-Banking Financial Company – Micro Finance Institutions (NBFC-MFIs).
- The penalty has been imposed in exercise of powers vested in RBI under the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
Recently Penalties Imposed By RBI
- Kotak Mahindra Bank – 1.05 Crore
- IndusInd Bank – 1 Crore
- Bank of India – 70 Lakhs
- Federal Bank – 5.72 Crore
- Ola Financial Service – 1.67 Crore
- The National Central Cooperative Bank – 2 Lakhs
- Maharashtra State Cooperative Bank – 37.50 Lakhs
- Nashik Merchant’s Cooperative Bank – 50 Lakhs
- Indian Bank – 32 Lakhs
- Jupiter Capital Private Ltd – 82 Lakh
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- Founded – 1 April 1935
- RBI Nationalized – 1 January 1949
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- RBI set up – Hilton Young Commission
- 1st Governor – Sir Osborne Smith (Australia)
- 1st Indian Governor – CD Deshmukh
- 25th Governor – Shaktikanta Das
- RBI Deputy Governor (4) – 1. Tavarna Rabi Sankar
- Mukesh Kumar Jain
- Michael D Patra
- M Rajeshwar Rao
Appointment and Resignation
Gustavo Petro sworn in as Colombia’s first leftist President
- Gustavo Petro has been sworn in as the first leftist president of Colombia.
- The 62-year-old is a former member of Colombia’s M-19 guerrilla group as well as former senator and mayor of Bogota.
- He succeeds Ivan Duque.
- Colombia is a country in South America.
- Capital – Bogota
- Currency – Colombian peso
- President – Gustavo Petro
Newly Appointed Prime Minister & President
- Sheikh Mohammad Sabah Al Salem – New PM of Kuwait
- New PM of Sri Lanka – Dinesh Gunawardena
- New President of Sri Lanka – Ranil Wickremesinghe
- New President of Colombia – Gustavo Petro
- New President of South Korea – Yoon Suk Yeol
- New Prime Minister of Pakistan – Shehbaz Sharif
- New Prime Minister of France – Elisabeth Borne
- 1st Woman President of Hungary – Katalin Novak
- 1st Woman President of Tanzania – Samia Suluhu Hassan
- 1st Woman President of Honduras Xiomara Castro
- Hong Kong’s Next Leader -John Lee
- Re-Elected as President of Serbia – Aleksandar Vučić
- Hungary’s New Prime Minister - Viktor Orban
- New Prime Minister of Kazakhstan - Alikhan Smailov
- New President of of Albania – Bajram Begaj
- New Prime Minsiter of Israel – Yair Lapid
Sanjay Agarwal appointed as Assistant Director General of the ICRI
- Sanjay Agarwal has been appointed as the Assistant Director General of the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT).
- He is currently the Chair of the Government of India’s Committee on Minimum Support Price.
- Agarwal served as Secretary in the Department of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Government of India, Agarwal was also an ex-officio member of the ICRISAT Governing Board from 2018 to 2022.
- Deputy President of FIDE – Viswanathan Anand a
- First woman Director General of CSIR – Nallathamby Kalaiselvi
- MD& CEO of Unity SF Bank – Inderjit Camotra
- CFO of BharatPe – Nalin Negi
- Central Vigilance Commissioner – Suresh N Patel
Dalai Lama honoured with Ladakh’s highest civilian award
- Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama has been honoured with the ‘dPal rNgam Duston’ award – the highest civilian honour of Ladakh.
- He has been honoured for his immense contribution to humanity.
- The award was conferred by Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDC),
- This award marks the celebration of the remarkable contribution and achievement of the heroes of Ladakh.
- Ladakh and Tibet are connected by the mighty Indus River along with religious and cultural similarities.
- Vice-President presents the ‘President’s Colours’ to Tamil Nadu Police
- Global Energy Prize 2022 – Indian-Origin Professor Kaushik Rajashekara
- UAE honoured Kamal Haasan by granting him Golden Visa
- Mother Teresa Memorial Award by the Maharashtra govt. – Dia Mirza & Afroz Shah
- Mrs Universe Divine Crown in South Korea – Pallavi Singh (India)
Indian Army launched ‘Him Drone-a-thon’ programme
- The Indian Army has launched the Him Drone-a-thon programme in collaboration with the Drone Federation of India.
- The initiative is in line with self-reliance in defence manufacturing.
- It is aimed at providing opportunities to the Indian drone ecosystem to develop path-breaking drone capabilities for meeting the requirements of frontline troops.
- In the 1st phase, drones will be developed for use in Army operations in the Himalayas.
India and USA commenced joint exercise ‘Vajra Prahar 2022
- The 13th Edition of the Indo-US Joint Special Forces exercise “Vajra Prahar 2022” has commenced in Himachal Pradesh’s Bakloh.
- Objective – To improve interoperability between the Special Forces of both nations.
- This annual exercise is hosted alternatively between India and the USA.
- The 12th edition was conducted in Washington (USA) in October 2021.
Defence Exercises Between India and US
- Red Flag: India and US
- “Tiger Triumph”: India and US
- Yudh Abhyas: India and US
- Vajra Prahar: India and US
CWG 2022: Lakshya Sen won gold medal in men’s singles badminton
- India’s young ace shuttler Lakshya Sen has won gold medal in the final of men’s single at the Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022.
- The Indian badminton sensation edged Malaysia’s Tze Yong Ng to win the Gold.
- After defeating Singapore’s Jia Heng Teh 21-10, 18-21, 21-16, Sen advanced to the men’s singles championship round.
CWG 2022: Satwik and Chirag pair won gold in men’s doubles badminton
- Satwik Sairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Chandrashekhar Shetty won the gold medal in the final of the men’s doubles badminton match in the 2022 Commonwealth Games.
- The badminton duo beat England’s Ben Lane and Sean Vendy to win the Gold.
- In the Men’s Doubles semifinal matchup against Malaysia’s Peng Soon Chan and Kian Meng Tan earlier, Satwik Sairaj and Chirag Shetty put on a commanding performance to get to the final.
CWG 2022: Sharath Kamal won gold medal in Table Tennis men’s singles
- Indian table tennis legend Achanta Sharath Kamal has won the gold medal in the Table Tennis men’s singles final at the Commonwealth Games 2022, with commanding 4-1 win over England’s Liam Pitchford.
- The 40-year-old paddler, who won a bronze medal in the last edition in Gold Coast, had defeated home country’s Paul Drinkhall 11-8, 11-8, 8-11, 11-7, 9-11, 11-8 to reach his second CWG finals.
- Sharath went up first and scored a superb win in a 6-game marathon thriller, winning 4-2.
CWG 2022: India finished fourth with 61 medals
- The Commonwealth Games 2022 in Birmingham concluded on 8 August 2022.
- India finished fourth in the medals tally with 61 medals comprising 22 gold, 16 silver and 23 bronze in the event.
- India bagged a total of 12 medals in wrestling, the most in any sport in the CWG 2022.
- Australia topped the final standings with 178 medals including 67 gold, 57 silver, 54 bronze, followed by Host England with 175 medals including 56 gold, 65 silver, 53 bronze. Canada stood third with 92 medals including 26 gold medals, 32 silver and 34 bronze.
Prabath Jayasuriya and Emma Lamb won ICC Player of the Month Awards for July 2022
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced Sri Lankan spin sensation Prabath Jayasuriya and England batting all-rounder Emma Lamb as the winners of its Player of the Month awards for July 2022.
- Jayasuriya made his debut in the Test series against Australia and has picked up 29 wickets from three games with one four-wicket haul and as many as four five-wicket hauls.
- Lamb amassed 234 runs in three matches, including a match-winning century (102 off 97 balls) followed by two half-centuries (67 off 65 balls and 65 off 66 balls) in the next two games.
ICC Men’s Player of the Month
- January 2022- Keegan Petersen (South Africa)
- February 2022- Shreyas Iyer (India)
- March 2022- Babar Azam (Pakistan)
- April 2022 -Keshav Maharaj (South Africa)
- May 2022 -Angelo Mathews (Sri Lanka)
- June 2022 -Jonny Bairstow (England)
- July 2022 – Prabath Jayasuriya (Sri Lanka)
ICC Women’s Player of the Month
- January 2022- Heather Knight (England)
- February 2022- Amelia Kerr (New Zealand)
- March 2022- Rachael Haynes (Australia)
- April 2022 -Alyssa Healy (Australia)
- May 2022 -Tuba Hassan (Pakistan)
- June 2022 – Marizanne Kapp (South Africa)
- July 2022 – Emma Lamb (England)
COMMONWEALTH GAMES 2022
- Date : 28 July – 8 August 2022.
- Host City : Birmingham, England.
- Main venue : Alexander Stadium.
- Nations Participating : 72.
- Athletes Participating : 5,054.
- Events : 280 In 20 Sports.
- Motto : Sport is the beginning of all.
- Mascot : Perry.
9 August – International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples
- The International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples is observed on 9 August every year
- Objective – To raise awareness and protect the rights of the world’s indigenous population.
- It was first pronounced by the United Nations General Assembly in December 1994.
- Theme 2022 – The Role of Indigenous Women in the Preservation and Transmission of Traditional Knowledge
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs