Current Affairs 9th May 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Tamil Nadu govt announced breakfast scheme for primary school students
- Tamil Nadu chief minister MK Stalin has announced that all government primary school students from 1st to 5th standards will be provided nutritious breakfast on all working days.
- Tamil Nadu is set to become the first state to offer breakfast along with midday meals. This includes the launch of integrated urban health centres within the Corporation and Municipal limits.
- Earlier, he also announced schools with modern facilities will be established.
Recent Tamil Nadu govt schemes/apps/portals:
- ‘e-munnetram’ web portal
- Illam Thedi Kalvi’ Scheme ‘
- ‘Meendum Manjappai’ scheme
- “Naan Muthalvan- Ulagai Vellum Ilaiya Tamilagam”
- ‘Kaaval Uthavi’ app
RPF signed MoU with Association for Voluntary Action for trafficking free India
- Railway Protection Force (RPF) has signed MoU with Association for Voluntary Action (AVA) for a trafficking free nation.
- It will enhance the scale, reach and effectiveness of Operation AAHT(Action against Human Trafficking) launched by RPF across the nation. RPF is entrusted with the responsibility of security of railway property, passenger area and passengers.
- RPF has also set up Anti Human Trafficking Units (AHTUs) at more than 740 locations across India.
About Railway Protection Force (RPF):
- Founded: 27 July 1872
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Director-General: Sanjay Chandar
Conference of Cluster-Based Business Organizations (CBBOs) in Jaipur
- Union Minister, Kailash Choudhary has inaugurated Conference of Cluster-Based Business Organizations (CBBOs)and Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) under Scheme of Formation and Promotion of 10,000 FPOs at Birla Auditorium in
- The government of India had formulated a new Scheme titled ‘Formation and Promotion of 10,000 Farmer Produce Organizations (FPOs)’ which was formally launched by the Prime Minister of India on 29.02.2020 at Chitrakoot (Uttar Pradesh) with a budgetary provision of 6865 crores.
Priyanka Mohite became 1st Indian woman to climb 5 peaks above 8,000 m
- Priyanka Mohite has become the first Indian woman to scale five peaks above 8,000 metres (m) after she climbed the third highest mountain in the world Mount Kanchenjunga (8,586 m), situated in the eastern Himalayas on the border between Sikkim state, north-eastern India, and eastern Nepal on May 5, 2022.
- In 2013, She climbed the world’s highest peak Mount Everest (8,849 m). In 2016, She climbed Mount Makalu (8,485 m) the fifth highest mountain in the world, and Mount Kilimanjaro (5,895 metres) located in Tanzania, Africa.
- In 2018, She scaled Mount Lhotse (8,516 m)the fourth highest mountain in the world, located between Tibet and the Khumbu region of Nepal.
- In April 2021, she had scaled Mount Annapurna (8,091 m), the 10th highest mountain peak in the world and had become the first Indian woman climber to achieve the feat.
- In 2021, The Government of India awarded her with the Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Award 2020 for outstanding contribution in the field of land adventure.
Delhi govt will provide free sewer connections under “Mukhyamantri Muft Sewer Connection Yojana”
- 25,000 households located in East Delhi will be provided with free sewer connections under the ‘Mukhyamantri Muft Sewer Connection Yojana.’
- The free sewer connections will be provided by the Delhi government in 12 colonies in Mustafabad and Karawal Nagar.
- Rs 19 crore has been allocated by the state government for the implementation of these connections.
- The board also decided to set up 30 RO plants at JJ colonies to increase the drinking water supply. Each plant will provide around 50,000 litres of water per day. The supply will be free.
Recent Delhi Schemes/apps:
- ‘Hobby Hubs’ scheme
- My EV portal
- Shramik Mitra Scheme
- Paryavaran Saathi chatbot & website
Kami Rita scaled Mt Everest for record 26th time
- Nepali Sherpa Kami Rita has scaled Mount Everest (Height: 8,848.86m) mountain for the 26th time along the traditional southeast ridge route leading 10 other Sherpa climbers.
- Rita scaled Mt Everest for the first time on May 13, 1994. Besides Mt Everest, he has also scaled Mt Godwin-Austen (K2), Mt Lhotse, Mt Manaslu and Mt Cho Oyu. He also holds the record for most climbs over 8000m.
Banking and Financial
Reliance became 1st Indian company to cross USD 100 billion annual revenue
- Reliance Industries become the first Indian company to record annual revenue of more than a whopping $100 billion. The company has recorded a 22.5% rise in net profit for the quarter ended March 2022.
- Reliance has recorded strong growth in retail, digital services, and the oil & gas business. The company has also reported the highest-ever quarterly EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation)of ₹33,968 crores (28% up) year-on-year.
About Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL):
- Founded: 8 May 1973
- Founder: Dhirubhai Ambani
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CMD: Mukesh Ambani
RBI gave NoC for merger of Equitas SFB and Equitas Holdings
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued a No-Objection Certificate (NoC) with conditions to the proposal for the voluntary merger of Equitas Holdings Limited and Equitas Small Finance Bank, a subsidiary of Equitas Holdings Limited.
- The merger is being carried out to comply with RBI small finance bank (SFB) norms, which require the promoter to reduce its stake in the subsidiary to 40% within five years of commencement of operations by the SFB.
- According to conditions laid down by RBI for SFBs in June 2016 and guidelines for licencing of SFBs in the private sector in November 2014, equity shares of SFBs should be listed on recognised stock exchanges within three years from the date the net worth of SFB reaches Rs. 500 crores.
About Equitas Small Finance Bank Ltd:
- Founded: 2016
- Headquarters: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- MD & CEO: Vasudevan Pathangi Narasimhan
- Part Time Chairman: Arun Ramanathan
- Tagline: It’s Fun Banking
Indian Bank launched digital broking solution ‘E-Broking’
- Indian Bank, a public sector bank, has introduced its digital broking solution ‘E-Broking’, as a strategic move toward comprehensive digitalisation of its customer products.
- E-Broking, an instant and paperless demat & trading account opening service, is now available through the bank’s mobile banking app, IndOASIS.
- The product was introduced in collaboration with Fisdom, the bank’s financial technology partner. The E-Broking initiative will assist the bank in increasing its CASA (Current Account Savings Account).
About Indian Bank:
- Founded: 15 August 1907
- Headquarters: Chennai
- CEO: Shri Shanti Lal Jain
- Tagline: Taking Banking Technology To The Common Man
Appointment and Resignation
Pushp Kumar Joshi appointed as Chairman and Managing Director of HPCL
- Pushp Kumar Joshi took over as the new chairman and managing director of India’s third-largest oil refining and fuel marketing company Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL).
- Prior to this Dr Joshi was Director-HR of the Corporation from August 01, 2012, the company said in a statement. Joshi, the senior-most director on the HPCL board, was in January picked by the government headhunter PESB to replace Mukesh Kumar Surana.
- Surana superannuated from services on April 30, 2022, but in absence of a formal order from the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) headed by the Prime Minister, Joshi was named interim head.
About Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
- Founded: 1974
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
M Narayanan appointed as part-time chairman of City Union Bank
- The City Union Bank Limited has appointed M Narayanan, as its part-time Chairman after the approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for a period of two years with effect from May 4, 2022.
- M Narayanan succeeds part-time Chairman R Mohan, who has stepped down from the office of Chairman of the Board after completing his three-year term on May 3, 2022.
- However, R Mohan will continue to act as an Independent Director of the Board of the Bank till June 27, 2022.
About City Union Bank:
- Founded: 1904
- Headquarters: Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu
- CEO: N. Kamakodi
- Tagline: Trust and Excellence since 1904
Abhinav Deshwal won gold medal in men’s 10m air pistol at 24th Deaflympics in Brazil
- Abhinav Deshwal has won the second gold medal for India in shooting at the ongoing 24th Deaflympics in Caxias do Sul, Brazil.
- He was tied with silver winning Ukranian Oleksii Lazebnyk before winning gold in a shoot-off. India has four medals in the shooting competition at the 24th Deaflympics.
Max Verstappen won Miami Grand Prix 2022
- F1 world champion Max Verstappen has won the inaugural Miami Grand Prix for Red Bull after defeating the Ferrari rival Charles Leclerc.
- Leclerc (Ferrari) finished second and Spanish teammate Carlos Sainz (Ferrari) placed third in the Miami Grand Prix 2022.
Note: List of 2022 F1 Race
- Bahrain Grand Prix: Charles Leclerc (Ferrari-Monaco)
- Saudi Arabian Grand Prix: Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands)
- Australian Grand Prix: Charles Leclerc
- Emilia Romagna Grand Prix: Max Verstappen
Carlos Alcaraz won men’s singles title at Madrid Open title 2022
- Carlos Alcaraz (Spain) has clinched the men’s singles Madrid Open title 2022 after beating the defending champion Alexander Zverev (Germany).
- Alcaraz has also defeated Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic (world No.1) to reach the final. It is his second Masters 1000 crown after Miami 2022and his fourth title of the year.
- Ons Jabeur (Tunisia) has clinched women’s singles title to become the first African player to win a WTA 1000 event.
- Men’s singles: (Spain) Carlos Alcaraz
- Women’s singles: (Tunisia) Ons Jabeur
- Men’s doubles: (Netherlands) Wesley Koolhof & (United Kingdom) Neal Skupski
- Women’s doubles: (Canada) Gabriela Dabrowski & (Mexico) Giuliana Olmos
Odia Writer Rajat Kumar Kar passed away
- The eminent Odia litterateur Rajat Kumar Karpassed away due to heart-related ailments. He received Padma Shri in 2021 for literature and education.
- He was known for his commentary during the annual Ratha Jatra (Jagannath culture) on TV and radio.
- His writing includes Upendra Bhanja literature and has seven non-fiction to his credit. He also contributed to the revival of the dying art of Pala of Odisha.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs