Current Affairs 9th September 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Three Indian cities joined UNESCO Global Network of Learning Cities
- Telangana’s Warangal, Kerala’s Thrissur & Nilambur have been inducted into the UNESCO Global Network of Learning Cities 2022 List.
- The Three Indian Cities were part of the 77 cities from 44 countries, which were recently inducted into the UNESCO GNLC List.
- In total, the list consists of 294 cities from across the world, which have been bestowed with this distinct honour.
- These cities have been recognized for their outstanding efforts to make lifelong learning a reality for all at the local level.
- These cities are known to share inspiration, know-how, and best practices to promote lifelong learning for the cities.
- Other notable cities which have been featured on UNESCO GNLC include Ukrainian capital Kyiv, Durban in South Africa, and Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates among others.
About United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- Formation – 16 November 1945
- Headquarters – Paris, France
- Director General – Audrey Azoulay (France)
- Member countries – 193
Healthcare sector in India expected to reach $50 billion by 2025
- The Healthcare sector in India is expected to grow to reach a size of $50 billion by 2025, said Union Minister Jitendra Singh.
- Addressing the 14th CII Global MedTech Summit titled Seizing the Global Opportunity, Jitendra Singh said, Healthcare has become more focused on innovation and technology over the past two years and 80% of healthcare systems are aiming to increase their investment in digital healthcare tools in the coming five years.
- Telemedicine is also expected to reach $5.5 billion by 2025
- The prime objective of the government is to reduce import dependence from 80% to below 30% in the next 10 years and ensure self-reliance quotient of 80% in med-tech through Make in India with SMART milestones.
US issued highest number of student visas to Indians in 2022
- The United States issued a record of 82,000 student visas to Indians in 2022, according to the US embassy in India.
- Indian students received more US student visas than any other country.
- Indian students comprise nearly 20 percent of all international students studying in the United States, with the Open Doors report in 2021 showing there were 167,582 students from India in the 2020-2021 academic year.
Bangladesh PM conferred scholarships on Indian students
- Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina has conferred the Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Student Scholarship in New Delhi.
- The first ever scholarship was conferred on the descendants of soldiers, and officers of the Armed Forces of India who were martyred or critically wounded during the historic Liberation war of 1971.
- It was conferred on 100 students of class 10 and 100 students of class 12.
- Capital– Dhaka
- Currency – Taka
- President – Mohammad Abdul Hamid
- Prime Minister – Sheikh Hasina
Cabinet approved MoU with Maldives for cooperation in disaster management
- The Union Cabinet has approved the MoU between the National Disaster Management Authority, India and the National Disaster Management Authority of the Republic of Maldives on cooperation in the field of disaster management.
- The MoU seeks to put in place a system, whereby both will be benefited from the disaster management mechanisms of each other.
- It will also help in strengthening the areas of preparedness, response and capacity building in the field of disaster management
- The countries will exchange information and share experiences and best practices of disaster response, mitigation, planning and preparedness.
- Capital – Male
- Currency – Rufiya
- President – Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- IDFC First Bank partnered with ONDC on buy and sell side application
- The Hindustan Aeronautics Limited and Larsen & Toubro consortium have bagged a Rs 860 crore deal from New Space India Limited to build five rockets
- HDFC ERGO to build online insurance platform on Google Cloud
- BEL signed an MoU with Smiths Detection to manufacture scanning systems
- Suzuki signed an MoU with NDDB for biogas demonstration project
Cabinet approved MoU with UAE for cooperation in education sector
- The Union Cabinet has approved an MoU signed between Ministries of Education in India and UAE on cooperation in the field of education.
- The objective of the MoU is to further strengthen our educational collaboration between India and UAE and widen the scope of engagements.
- An MoU was signed in 2015 with UAE in the field of Education which expired in 2018.
- In 2019, the UAE side proposed to sign a new MoU. The new MoU incorporates changes brought in by the new National Education Policy 2020 in India’s education ecosystem.
- The MoU aims to promote the exchange of information education, capacity development of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) teaching staff, and facilitation of academic collaboration between Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in both countries for offering twinning, joint degree, and dual degree programmes and any such other areas agreed upon.
- The agreement will be valid for a period of five years from the date of signing and will be automatically renewable with the consent of both parties.
About United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Capital – Abu Dhabi
- Currency – Dirham
- President – Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Prime Minister – Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
- India signed an MoU with Iran for smooth movement of seafarers
- India & UAE signed an MoU to establish Cultural Council Forum
- Castler partnered with Yes Bank for digital escrow services
- CPRI signed an MoU with Chhattisgarh Government to set up a regional testing lab
- Thai Public Broadcasting Service signed an MoU with Prasar Bharati
Odisha government launched rainwater harvesting scheme named ‘CHHATA’
- The Odisha government has launched a rainwater harvesting scheme named ‘Community Harnessing and Harvesting Rainwater Artificially from Terrace to Aquifer (CHHATA).
- Objective – To reinvigorate groundwater resources and improve the water table from next month.
- It will be implemented for a period of five years.
- As per the feasibility based on groundwater resource assessment conducted in 2020, rainwater harvesting structures will be constructed on the roofs of 29,500 private buildings and 1,925 government buildings covering 52 water-stressed blocks and 27 urban local bodies.
- An estimated 373.52 crore liter of water will be harvested during the scheme period between 2022-23 and 2026-27. It will be implemented through the existing manpower department of Water Resources (DoWR) with an outlay of Rs 270 crore.
- Capital – Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
- Governor – Ganeshi Lal
Recent Scheme launched by Odisha government
- ‘Garima’ Scheme For Sanitation Workers
- Kalia Scheme
- Peetha Scheme
- Ama Ghare LED Scheme
- Sunetra Scheme
- Abadha Scheme
- E-certificate project
- Jalsathi programme
- Jaga Mission
- Mo Jeeban
- Mo Prativa
- Mo Sarkar
- Mo Parivar
- Mo Bidyut
- Mo College Programme
- “GARIMA” Scheme
- Sabuja Odisha
- Balaram Scheme
- BLUIS, E-Pravesh, E-Bhawan, E-Atithi
- “Eco-Retreat” Programme
- Radio Pathshala program
- Slum Upgradation Programme
- Sujal – Drink from Tap Mission
Bihar CM inaugurated India’s longest rubber dam on Falgu River
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has inaugurated India’s longest rubber dam ‘Gayaji Dam’ on the Falgu River in Gaya.
- It is 411 meters long & 3 meters high.
- With the rubber dam on the Falgu River, which is a vast stretch of sand dunes, it will draw more pilgrims and change the landscape.
- The dam has been built at an estimated cost of ₹324crore. Experts from IIT (Roorkee) were involved with the project. There will be enough water in the dam round the year for the convenience of pilgrims.
- With its construction, now at least two feet of water will be available in the Falgu River near Vishnupad Ghat throughout the year for the devotees who come here to do Pind Daan.
- Capital – Patna
- Chief Minister – Nitish Kumar
- Governor – Phagu Chauhan
West Bengal bagged International Travel Award 2023
- West Bengal has bagged the International Tourism award 2023 for ‘best destination for culture.
- The Pacific Area Travel Writers Association, an affiliate of the UN World Tourism Organization, will confer West Bengal with the International Travel Award 2023 for ‘Best Destination for Culture’. The award will be presented in Berlin at the World Tourism and Aviation Leaders’ Summit on March 9, 2023.
- The Pacific Area Travel Writers Association (PATWA) was founded in 1998 to uplift tourism of the region.
- the UNESCO heritage status to West Bengal’s Durga Puja and the recent PATWA award have given more boost to the government and recognition at a global platform.
About West Bengal
- Capital – Kolkata
- Chief Minister – Mamata Banerjee
- Governor – Ganesan
- Emmy award for his narration in Netflix documentary – Barack Obama (Our Great National Parks)
- Liberty Medal 2022 – Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy
- Pulitzer Prize 2022 in Illustrated Reporting – Fahmida Azim (Bangladesh)
- Miss India USA 2022 – Indian Origin Aarya Walvekar (Virginia)
- First Indian psychologist on US Heritage Wall of Fame – Prof Ramadhar Singh
Human Development Index 2021: India ranked 132; topped by Switzerland
- India ranked 132 out of 191 countries in the 2021 Human Development Index (HDI), according to a report released by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- In the 2020 report, India had ranked 131st among 189 countries.
- Among India’s neighbours, Sri Lanka (73rd), China (79th), Bangladesh (129th), and Bhutan (127th) are ranked above India, while Pakistan (161st), Nepal (143rd), and Myanmar (149th) are worse off.
- The report said around 90 percent of countries registered a decline in their HDI value in 2020 or in 2021.
- Switzerland remained at the top spot, followed by Norway and Iceland.
- Henley Passport Index 2022 – India ranked 87th; topped by Japan
- Ookla’s Speedtest Global Index 2022 – India ranked 118th; topped by Norway
- Expat Insider Rankings for 2022 – India ranked 36th; topped by Mexico
- Global Gender Gap Report 2022 – India ranked 135th; topped by Iceland
- Global Liveability Index 2022 – New Delhi 112th position, Mumbai 117th position; topped by Vienna, Austria
- Global Skills Report (GSR) 2022 – India ranked 68th; topped by Switzerland
- World Competitiveness Index 2022 – India ranked 37th; topped by Denmark
- Global Hunger Index (GHI) 2021 – India ranked 101st
- Environmental Performance Index 2022 – India ranked 180th; topped by Denmark
DRDO successfully completed six flight tests of an air missile system
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Army have successfully completed six flight tests of the Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile (QRSAM) system from Integrated Test Range (ITR) Chandipur off the Odisha coast.
- The flight tests were carried out against high-speed aerial targets mimicking various types of threats to evaluate the capability of the weapon systems under different scenarios.
- During these tests, all the mission objectives were met establishing pin-point accuracy of the weapon system with state-of-the-art guidance and control algorithms, including the warhead chain.
- The performance of the system has been confirmed from the data captured by a number of range instruments like telemetry and Radar and Electro-Optical Tracking Systems (EOTS) deployed by ITR.
About Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)
- Founded – 1 January 1958
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Motto – “Strength’s Origin is in Knowledge”
- Chairman – Samir V Kamat
8 September – World Physiotherapy Day
- World Physiotherapy Day is observed every year on September 8.
- Physiotherapy deals with the management of chronic conditions & underlying issues related to pain.
- Objective – To raise awareness about the crucial role physiotherapists play in keeping people fit & improving quality of life.
- The day was first observed on 8 September 1996.
- Theme 2022 – Prevention and Management of Osteoarthritis
What is Osteoarthritis?
- Arthritis is a general term used for conditions that affect the joints, tissues around the joint, and other connective tissues.
- Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis. Some call it “wear and tear” arthritis which most frequently occurs in the hands, hips, and knees.
9 September – International Day to Protect Education from Attack
- International Day to Protect Education from Attack is observed every year on September 9.
- Objective – To make people aware of how the protracted nature of conflicts today affects entire generations of children.
- The Yemen Civil War, the Ethiopian conflict, the Russian invasion of Ukraine, and the Taliban rule in Afghanistan are some internal and external conflicts that threaten children’s right to education.
- The day was established in 2020 by a unanimous decision of the United Nations General Assembly. The resolution proclaiming the day was presented by the state of Qatar and was co-sponsored by 62 countries. The resolution also called on the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) to raise awareness of the plight of millions of children living in the countries affected by conflict.
Legendary artist Ram Chandra Manjhi passed away
- Bhojpuri folk theatre artist Ram Chandra Manjhi passed away
- He was 97.
- Felicitated with Sangeet Natak Academy Award (2017), Manjhi was also a prestigious Padma Shri (2021) awardee in the field of Arts.
- He was one of the members of the original troupe of Bhikhari Thakur, known as Shakespeare of Bhojpuri language.
Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II passed away
- Queen Elizabeth II, Britain’s longest-serving monarch, passed away at the age of 96.
- .She came to the throne at the age of 25 in 1952 after the sudden demise of her father King George VI.
- Queen Elizabeth ruled over Britain for 70 years.
- Her eldest son, Prince Charles, 73, will be the new king of the UK, according to centuries of the protocol.
- Besides the UK, King Charles III – as the new monarch will be known has also become the head of state of all 14 nations of the Commonwealth, including Australia, New Zealand and Canada, among others.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here