Daily Current Affairs 10th January 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2023 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2023.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2023, Daily GK Update 2023. All the important updates based on current affairs 2023 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2023 article.
Gujarat CM inaugurated International Kite Festival 2023
- Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel has inaugurated the International Kite Festival 2023 in Ahmedabad.
- It will be held from the 8th to the 14th of January, 2023.
- The theme of this festival will be held with the theme of G20 – ‘One Earth, One Family, One Future’.
- The event is organized after a gap of two years due to the covid 19 pandemic.
- The delegates from G20 countries have been invited to the inauguration of the international kite festival 2023 to exchange their culture.
- Capital- Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister- Bhupendra Rajnikant Patel
- Governor- Acharya Devvrat
PM Modi launched Aspirational Block Programme
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the Aspirational Block Programme (ABP) on the lines of a similar exercise aimed at developing backward districts.
- India is focusing on the four pillars of infrastructure, investment, innovation and inclusion to be a developed country.
- The ABP was launched during the 2nd National Conference of Chief Secretaries.
- Launching the Aspirational Block Programme, Prime Minister underscored the success achieved in various Aspirational Districts in the country under the Aspirational District Programme.
- The programme will cover 500 districts across 31 states and Union Territories initially.
- Over half of these blocks are in 6 states-UP (68 blocks), Bihar (61), MP (42), Jharkhand (34), Odisha (29), and WB (29).
Recent Inauguration by PM Modi
- PM Modi chaired the Annual General Meeting of the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library Society in New Delhi
- PM Modi to launch world’s longest river cruise from Varanasi to Assam
- PM Modi flagged off West Bengal’s first Vande Bharata Express train (7th)
- PM Modi flagged off 6th Vande Bharat train in Nagpur, Maharashtra
- PM Modi inaugurated 4th Vande Bharat Express in Himachal Pradesh
- PM Modi participated in the historic programme marking ‘Veer Bal Diwas’ in Delhi
BIS launched portal for mapping of industrial units and laboratories
- Union Minister for Commerce and Industry Piyush Goyal emphasized the importance of quality in India’s development at the 76th Foundation Day of the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) in New Delhi.
- Portal for mapping of Industrial Units and Laboratories was launched on the occasion.
- This is a centralized platform for information on industrial units and laboratories across the country.
- This will enable analysis of test facilities in the country and help entrepreneurs in accessing information about testing facilities.
- He has also launched the Standards National Action Plan (SNAP) 2022- 27.
Piyush Goyal in News
- Piyush Goel launched right to repair portal for consumers in New Delhi
- Piyush Goyal co-chairs India-US CEO Forum
- Piyush Goyal inaugurated 41st edition of the India International Trade Fair (IITF) in New Delhi
- Piyush Goyal addressed 21st World Congress of Accountants
- Piyush Goyal addressed Millets-Smart Nutritive Food summit in New Delhi
Talcher Fertiliser plant in Odisha will be ready by October 2024
- Union Health and Family Welfare and Chemicals and Fertilisers Minister Mansukh Mandaviya has informed that the country’s first-ever coal gasification-based Talcher Fertiliser plant in Odisha will be ready to be dedicated to the nation by October 2024.
- It will be the largest and first coal gasification plant in India. When operational, the plant will help us reduce our dependence on urea imports.
- Under Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of Aatmanirbhar Bharat, five out of four urea plants have already become functional.
- The urea plant being constructed at a cost of about 17,000 crore rupees will benefit the farmers across the country besides generating local employment and boosting local economy.
- Coal India Ltd, the Gas Authority of India Ltd, and the National Fertiliser Corporation are supporting the setting up the Talcher Fertiliser plant with the coal gasification technology which will address our self-reliance in Urea.
- Talcher Fertilizers Ltd has been mandated by the government to revive the erstwhile Talcher plant of FCIL by setting up a new coal gasification-based urea plant with an installed capacity of 12.7 lakh tonne per annum (LMTPA).
- Capital – Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
- Governor – Ganeshi Lal
Uttar Pradesh government launched UP Global City campaign
- The Uttar Pradesh government has launched a 100-day “UP Global City” campaign in advance of the Global Investors Summit and G20 summit.
- Objective – To bring urban areas in the state up to global standards, with a focus on improving urban facilities, air quality, cleanliness, and beautification, as well as proper garbage disposal.
- The campaign will be implemented in all 762 urban bodies in the state.
- The Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath-led government has set a goal of making the state a USD 1 trillion economy in the next five years.
- The Global Investors Summit, which takes place from February 10-12, 2023 in Lucknow, will bring together business delegations, corporate and industry leaders, policymakers, academia, think tanks, and political and government leadership from around the world.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
Banking and Financial
Hockey Wali Sarpanch signed an agreement with NABARD to strengthen farmers
- Neeru Yadav, fondly known as ‘Hockey Wali Sarpanch’ has taken a new initiative to strengthen farmers of Lambi Ahir Village, Rajasthan.
- Yadav has signed an agreement with NABARD to start the Farmers Producers Organization (FPO) with the assistance of SIIRD (Society of Indian Institute of Rural Development).
- Objective – To bring market access of different channels for our farmers, the economy of scale, reduction in transaction cost, and reduction in middlemen.
- FPO is a legal entity formed by primary producers. Producers such as farmers, milk producers, fishermen, weavers, rural artisans, craftsmen, etc., can form a company basis equity share.
- Sachhi Saheli Mahila Agro Producer Company Limited is the 15th such FPO launched by NABARD in Rajasthan where Yadav has taken the responsibility as Board of Directors of this company.
About National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
- Founded – 12 July 1982
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman – K V Shaji
- NABARD established on the recommendations of B. Sivaramman Committee
Recent MoUs Signed in Banking Sector
- Axis Bank partnered with OPEN to launch a fully digital current account
- Niva Bupa and Sundaram Finance signed corporate agency agreement
- HDFC Bank partnered with Microsoft for digital transformation
- SBI Card partnered with Punjab & Sind Bank to launch co-brand credit cards
- Bandhan Bank signed MoU with Defence Ministry for defence pensioners
Appointment and Resignation
ICICI Prudential signed Suryakumar Yadav for a new campaign
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance has launched of its ‘360° Financial Protection with ICICI Prudential Life Insurance’ digital-first campaign featuring cricketer Suryakumar Yadav
- The company also provides 360-degree financial protection against any unfortunate event, critical illnesses, and accidents.
- Suryakumar Yadav has quickly risen to emerge as one of the most consistent and dependable batters in the white ball format.
- The multi-dimensional batter is popularly known as “Mr. 360 degree” for his wide array of shots covering every inch of the field.
Chetan Sharma reappointed as Chairman of BCCI’s selection committee
- Chetan Sharma has been reappointed as the Chairman of the Senior Men’s National Selection Committee.
- With Chetan Sharma being recommended for the position of chief selector, Shiv Sundar Das, Subroto Banerjee, Salil Ankola, and Sridharan Sharath will also be part of the panel.
- The board had earlier parted ways with the Chetan Sharma-led selection committee after the Indian team had failed to reach the final of the T20 World Cup last year.
- Under Chetan’s tenure, India also failed to qualify for the final of the Asia Cup; in 2021, the team was knocked out in the group stages of the T20 World Cup as well.
- Sharma is a former Indian cricketer and politician who played Tests and ODIs as a fast bowler for the Indian cricket team.
- He was the first man to take a hat trick in the ODI world cup and achieved this feat in the 1987 Reliance World Cup against New Zealand.
- Chairman of Gem and Jewellery Domestic Council – Saiyam Mehra
- Vice chairman of Gem and Jewellery Domestic Council – Rajesh Rokde
- New Speaker of the US House of Representatives – Kevin McCarthy
- Secretary General of the Asian Pacific Postal Union (APPU) – Dr. Vinay Prakash Sing
- Bihar’s state icon by Election Commission – Maithili Thakur
Manpreet Monica Singh sworn in as First female Sikh judge in US
- Indian-origin Manpreet Monica Singh has become the first female Sikh judge in the US.
- She was sworn in as a judge of the Harris County Civil Court at Law No. 4 in Texas.
- Singh’s father immigrated to the US in the early 1970s.
- Singh was born and raised in Houston and now lives in Bellaire with her husband and two children.
- A trial lawyer for 20 years, she has been involved in numerous civil rights organizations at the local, state, and national levels.
- She has been A trial lawyer for two decades and remains involved with many civil rights organizations at the local, state and national levels.
- Command of the IAF Western Command – Air Marshal Pankaj Mohan Sinha
- Director General of BSF – Sujoy Lal Thaosen (additional charge)
- Chairperson of the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) – Dinesh Kumar Shukla
- Head of Maharashtra government advisory council – N Chandrasekaran
- Chairman & MD of MOIL – Ajit Kumar Saxena
- Acting Central Vigilance Commissioner – Praveen K Srivastava
Aparna Sen received Lifetime Achievement Award at Jaipur Film Festival
- Veteran actor-director Aparna Sen has honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award at the opening ceremony of the 15th edition of the Jaipur International Film Festival (JIFF).
- In 1961, Aparna Sen made her film debut in Satyajit Ray’s Teen Kanya. From there, she went on to star in films like Akash Kusum (1965), Aranyer Din Ratri (1970), Baksho Badal (1970) Basanta Bilap (1973), and Pikoor Diary (1981).
- She has directed acclaimed movies like 36 Chowringhee Lane (1981), Paroma (1985), Paromitar Ek Din (2000), Mr and Mrs Iyer (2002), and The Japanese Director (2010).
- More than two hundred producers, directors, and scriptwriters attended the event. 282 films from 63 countries will be screened.
- Assam highest civilian award ‘AssamBaibhav’ – Dr. Tapan Saikia
- ‘Best Police Unit’ award for 2021 – Jalna and Nagpur Police (Maharastra)
- UN-Habitat’s World Habitat Awards 2023 for Jaga Mission – Odisha state
- Wharton-QS Reimagine Education Awards 2022 – IIT Madras
- Atal Samman Award – Prabhu Chandra Mishra
- First KR Gouri Amma national award – Aleida Guevara
CJI Chandrachud to be conferred with ‘Award for Global Leadership’
- Chief Justice of India (CJI) Y. Chandrachud has been selected for the “Award for Global Leadership” by the Harvard Law School Center in recognition of his lifetime service to the legal profession in the country and around the world.
- Chandrachud obtained an LLM degree and a Doctorate in Juridical Sciences (SJD) from the Harvard Law School in the United States.
- The award will be presented to him at an online event on January 11, 2023.
- Justice Chandrachud, who was part of the apex court benches that delivered several landmark verdicts, including the Ayodhya land dispute case, was sworn in as the 50th CJI on November 9, 2022.
Khelo India National Women Kho Kho leagues set to take place in Punjab
- The Khelo India Senior Women National Kho Kho league is set to take place at Chandigarh University, Punjab from 10 January to 13 January 2023.
- The league is being organized by the Kho Kho Federation of India and will be held over three phases with full financial support from the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- A total of 12 teams and close to 200 players are slated to participate.
- The Kho Kho women’s league for junior and sub-junior age groups is scheduled from January 16 to 19 at the Alberta Ekka Kho Kho stadium in Hotwar,
Surya Kumar Yadav becomes fastest player to reach 1,500 runs in T20I
- Indian batter, Suryakumar Yadav has become the fastest player to reach 1,500 runs in T20 International cricket in terms of balls faced.
- He took only 843 balls to reach this landmark. However, he is the third-fastest batter to reach the 1,500-run mark in terms of innings
- The fastest batters to reach this landmark are Indian batter Virat Kohli, KL Rahul, Australian veteran Aaron Finch, and Pakistan skipper Babar Azam, who all took 39 innings to score 1,500 runs in T20 International cricket.
- Pakistan wicketkeeper-batter Mohammed Rizwan reached the milestone in 42 innings and Suryakumar did so in 43 innings.
- In 45 matches and 43 innings, Suryakumar has scored 1,578 runs at an average of 46.41.
- He has three centuries and 13 half-centuries in the format, with the best individual score of 117.
Anahat Singh won Girls U-15 squash title at British Junior Open Tournament
- Indian squash prodigy Anahat Singh has won the Girls Under-15 squash title at the most prestigious British Junior Open tournament in Birmingham (UK).
- The 14-year-old defeated Sohaila Hazem of Egypt, 3-1 in the final.
- The British Junior Open is held in January every year in the UK where all the best players from all over the world compete to win the coveted title.
- This year it was held after a Covid-induced gap of two years.
- She has also won the 2022 Scottish Junior Open held in Edinburgh, Scotland in the Girls under-17 categories.
10 January – World Hindi Day
- World Hindi Day is celebrated on January 10 every year.
- It is celebrated worldwide to promote the use of the Hindi language and raise awareness about it.
- This day was observed for the first time in 2006. However, the World Hindi Conference was held in 1975.
- This day is not to be confused with National Hindi Day, which is commemorated on September 14 annually.
- Theme 2023 – Hindi: Traditional Knowledge to Artificial Intelligence.
- The Union of India adopted Hindi as its official language in 1950. According to Article 343, the Constitution of India states that the official language of India shall be Hindi in Devanagari script.
- World Hindi Day was first celebrated on January 10, 2006. Former Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh adopted it. On this day, various events are organized around the world to promote the language and celebrate its rich heritage.
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2023 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2023
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|