Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 10th November 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
Government launches ‘Bharat Atta’ Initiative for affordable wheat flour
- The Central government has launched a new wheat flour scheme called ‘Bharat Atta’ at a subsidized price of Rs 27.50 per kg.
- The scheme is aimed at providing affordable wheat flour to the poor and vulnerable sections of the society.
- Bharat Atta is a fortified wheat flour that is made with a blend of wheat, rice, and pulses. It is a good source of protein, iron, and other essential nutrients.
- The scheme will be implemented through the Public Distribution System (PDS), ensuring easy access to affordable wheat flour for the target population.
- To ensure widespread availability, Bharat Atta will be sold through cooperatives NAFED, NCCF, and Kendriya Bhandar. These agencies will utilize their extensive network of 800 mobile vans and 2,000-odd outlets spread across the country to effectively distribute the subsidized wheat flour.
10th Kalinga Literary Festival to be held in Bhubaneswar
- The 10th edition of the Kalinga Literary Festival (KLF) with the theme ‘Legends of Ancient Bharat and Beyond: Inspiring Lived Experience in the 21st Century’, will be kick-started from February 9 in Bhubaneswa, Odisha
- Over 300 esteemed speakers, including poets, musicians, artists, and performers are all set to grace the festival, which will take place till February 11.
- With sessions ranging from democracy to digital revolutions, and from cultural nationalism to climate justice, “the festival promises to be a kaleidoscope of thought-provoking dialogue”.
- Capital – Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
- Governor – Raghubar Das (26th)
Banking and Financial
UBS raises India’s GDP Forecast to 6.3% for FY24
- UBS has upped India’s GDP growth forecast by 10 basis points (100 basis points mean 1 percentage point) to 6.3 percent.
- Also, it has increased India’s FY25 GDP growth forecast upwards by 20 basis points to 6.2 per cent. However, it feels that macro risks and next year’s general poll will be key factors to watch.
- It can be noted that the Reserve Bank has estimated growth to come at 6.5 percent for FY24, while Governor Shaktikanta Das recently said that the number for the July-September 2023 period will surprise on the upside.
Updated GDP List
- World Economic Outlook by IMF – 7.2% (FY23), 6.1% (FY24), 6.3% (FY25)
- Economic Survey –7% (FY23), 6.5% (FY24)
- World Bank – 6.9% (FY23), 6.3% (FY24), 6.4% (FY25), 6.5% (FY26)
- NACER – 7.4% (FY23), 6.5% (FY24)
- ICRA – 6.9% (FY23), 6% (FY24)
- IMF – 6.3% (FY24), 6.3% (FY25)
- ADB – 7% (FY23), 6.3% (FY24), 6.7% (FY25)
- RBI – 6.8% (FY23), 6.5% (FY24)
- India Ratings – 6.9% (FY23), 5.9% (FY24)
- Fitch Rating – 7.2% (FY23), 6.3% (FY24), 6.7% (FY25)
Pankaj Malhotra takes over as Member, Finance at AAI
- Executive Director of Central Electronics Limited (CEL), Pankaj Malhotra has taken over the charge of the post of Member (Finance) at the Airports Authority of India (AAI).
- Prior to this appointment, Pankaj Malhotra was serving as Executive Director (Finance) at Central Electronics Limited, a government of India enterprise under the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Member (Finance) of AAI, Pankaj Malhotra, will be in charge of finance, accounts, and the overall financial operation of the organization.
- He will also be responsible for evolving and formulating policies and strategies related to the entire gamut of financial operations, including resource mobilization and statutory compliances.
- CEO & MD of Tata Power Renewable Energy – Deepesh Nanda
- Chairman of Armed Forces Tribunal – Justice Rajendra Menon
- CMD of Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) – Koppu Sadashiv Murthy
- Lead WHO’s South-East Asia Region – Bangladesh’s Saima Wazed
- New speaker of US House – Mike Johnson
NPCI appoints Pankaj Tripathi as ‘UPI Safety Ambassador’
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has announced the appointment of acclaimed Bollywood actor Pankaj Tripathi as its ‘UPI Safety Ambassador’ to strengthen safety awareness on digital payment platforms.
- The NPCI move follows the ongoing discussions regarding the safety and security of digital payment platforms, particularly the United Payments Interface (UPI).
- Tripathi tells about the several initiatives taken by NPCI’s such as UPI, RuPay, and IMPS to make digital payments easy and secure. The Bollywood actor also tells about the reach of UPI payments which includes cities, towns, and villages located at the farthest corners of the country.
- According to NIC, at the end of the calendar year 2022, UPI’s total transaction value stood at ₹125.95 trillion, up 1.75 X year-on-year (YoY), as per the NPCI.
Recent Brand Ambassador
- MS Dhoni – State bank of India
- Katrina Kaif – Swiss Watchmaker ‘Rado’
- Chetan Bhagat – Henry Harvin Education
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni – Lay’s
- Mohammed Shami – Sports brand Puma
- Neeraj Chopra – Laureus Ambassador
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni – Reliance Retail’s Jio Mart
- Katrina Kaif – Uniqlo India
- Hrithik Roshan – Exxon Mobilil
- Anushka Sharma – Women’s fashion brand ‘W’
Deepak Gupta appointed as Nominee Director on SEAGP Board
- Director (Projects) of GAIL India Limited, Deepak Gupta has been appointed as Nominee Director on the board of South-East Asia Gas Pipeline Company Limited (SEAGP).
- Gupta has been serving as Director (Projects) of GAIL since October 2022.
- He is a Mechanical Engineer, a DCE alumnus, with more than three decades of rich and diverse experience in oil and gas sector encompassing project management, construction management and business development functions.
- He is a certified project management professional (PMP) by the PMI, USA.
- CEO & MD of Tata Power Renewable Energy Limited (TPREL) – Deepesh Nanda (replace Ashish Khanna)
- CMD of Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) – Santosh Kumar Jha
- Chief Information Commissioner of India – Heeralal Samariya
- Surveyor General of India – Hitesh Kumar S Makwana
- Joint Director of CBI – Pravin Madhukar Pawar
Meg Lanning retires from international cricket
- Australian Women’s captain Meg Lanning has announced her retirement from international cricket. Meg Lanning quit international cricket after winning seven World Cup titles during a 241-match career.
- The 31-year-old also led Australia to a Commonwealth Games gold medal last year and is the country’s leading run-getter across formats with 8352 runs in 241 games.
- Lanning, with two ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup wins and five ICC Women’s T20 World Cup victories to her name, retires from cricket at 31. She has scored over 8,000 runs in all formats for her nation.
- Lanning won her first ICC trophy at the T20 World Cup in Sri Lanka in 2012, which was soon succeeded by a victory in the 50-over World Cup in India the following year, 2013
- In six Tests, Lanning scored 345 runs at an average of 31.36, with a best individual score of 93, with two half-centuries.
- In 103 ODIs, she scored 4,602 runs at an average of 53.51. Lanning scored 15 centuries and 21 fifties in 102 innings, with the best score of 152*.
- Lastly, in 132 T20Is, Lanning scored 3,405 runs in 121 innings at an average of 36.61 and a strike rate of above 116. She scored two centuries and 15 fifties, with the best score of 133*.
Recently Retired Players
- Sunil Narine – International cricket – West Indies
- David Willey – International Cricket – England
- Sornnarin Tippoch – International Cricket – Thailand
- Alastair Cook – International Cricket – England
- Steven Finn – All forms of Cricket – England
- Alex Hales – International Cricket – England
- Manoj Tiwary – All forms of cricket – India
- Diego Godin – Professional Football – Uruguay
Maharashtra secured top spot in 37th National Games 2023
- Maharashtra secured the first position in the National Games 2023 and bagged 228 medals including 80 gold.
- In 228 medals 80 gold, 69 silvers, and 79 bronze – win the Raja Bhalindra Singh Trophy, which is given to the team that wins most number of gold medals at the National Games.
- Maharashtra last topped the National Games medals table back in 1994.
- The National Games 2023, India’s own multi-sport event inspired by the Olympics, was held in five cities in Goa – Mapusa, Margao, Panjim, Ponda, and Vasco.
- Athletes from 28 states, eight Union Territories, and Services Sports Control Board (SSCB) competed at the 37th National Games, which was held from October 26 to November 9. Goa hosted the event for the first time in its history.
- Services, who topped the previous four editions of the National Games, finished second with 66 gold, 27 silver, and 33 bronze medals. Haryana were third in the standings with 62 gold, 54 silver and 73 bronze.
- Services Sport Control Board also continued its second position in medal tally with a total of 117 medals including 59 Gold medals.
- Haryana stands at third position with a total of 161 medals including 53 gold medals.
- Over 10,000 athletes – around 3,000 more than the 2022 edition in Gujarat – competed for medals across 43 sports, which included traditional Olympic disciplines as well as indigenous sports like mallakhamb, kho kho and kabaddi, amongst others.
Novak Djokovic beats Grigor Dimitrov to win 7th Paris Masters title
- Top-ranked Novak Djokovic won a record-extending seventh title at the Paris Masters with a 6-4, 6-3 win over Grigor Dimitrov in the final.
- Djokovic, who had been pushed to three sets in his three previous matches, enjoyed a comfortable afternoon under the roof of the Palais Omnisports.
- The 36-year-old surpassed his own record as the tournament’s oldest champion, notching his 40th Masters 1000 title and extending his winning streak to 18 matches.
9 November 2023 – World Usability Day
- World Usability Day or Make Things Easier Day is celebrated annually on the second Thursday in November. This year celebrated on 9 November.
- Objective – To promote the values of usability, usability engineering, user-centered design, universal usability, and every user’s obligation to demand better things.
- Theme 2023 – Collaboration and Cooperation
- The User Experience Professional Association established World Usability Day in November 2005.
- The association was founded in 1991, with a membership of 50, and has since grown to serve a community of nearly 2,400 professionals around the world by promoting user experience (UX) concepts and techniques through annual international conferences, the “Journal of Usability Studies” (JUS), the “User Experience Magazine,” and 59 local chapters in 30 countries.
9 November – Legal Services Day
- Legal Services Day is observed every year on 9 November.
- The day holds historical importance as it marks the anniversary of the enactment of the Legal Services Authorities Act in 1995.
- This legislation paved the way for legal protection and provisions for free legal services to the people belonging to marginalised and vulnerable sections. The day is also aimed at spreading legal awareness among all.
- The Legal Services Authorities Act was passed on November 9, 1995, with a vision to offer legal aid to poor and marginalised people.
- This landmark legislation led to the establishment of the National Legal Services Authority (NALSA) on December 5, 1995. Since then, National Legal Services Day is celebrated annually. The day focuses on creating awareness about the availability of free legal aid and alternative dispute resolution methods.
Uttarakhand celebrates 23rd Foundation Day
- Uttarakhand has celebrated its 23rd Foundation Day on November 9.
- It was on this day in 2000, that Uttarakhand was created by carving out from Uttar Pradesh. On this occasion, various programs are being organized in different parts of the state.
- The main program was organized at Police Line in Dehradun, where President Droupadi Murmu reviewed and took a salute of the Uttarakhand Police parade.
Former Karnataka Law minister D. B. Chandregowda passed away
- Veteran politician and former minister D B Chandre Gowda, who vacated his Lok Sabha seat for former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi that allowed her to stage a political comeback post Emergency in 1978, passed away at the age of 87.
- Gowda, who had represented all the four Houses — legislative assembly, council, Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha, was also part of various political parties such as — Praja Socialist Party, Karnataka Kranti Ranga, Janata Party, Janata Dal, Congress and BJP.
- He was born at Daradahalli of Mudigere Taluk, Chikkamagaluru district, Karnataka on 26 August 1936 to D. A. Byre Gowda and Puttamma.
Join Best test series for Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|