Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 12th October 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
Jitendra Singh addresses 10th “India-Sweden Innovation Day” meeting
- Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh has addressed the 10th ” India-Sweden Innovation Day” meeting.
- Both countries are commemorating the 75th anniversary of diplomatic relations and the fifth anniversary of the Sweden-India Joint Declaration on Innovation Partnership.
- The partnership covers several areas, including smart cities, transportation and eMobility, energy, clean technologies, new materials, space, circular and bio-based economy, and health and life sciences.
- The India-Sweden Innovation Partnership bridges institutions, R&D-intensive industries and creative entrepreneurs to address global challenges in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
UK CM launches ‘Rozgar Prayag Portal’ at Uttarakhand Youth Mahotsav
- Uttarakhand CM Pushkar Singh Dhami has launched the ‘Rozgar Prayag Portal’ in the Uttarakhand Youth Mahotsav-2023 program organized at Parade Ground in Dehradun.
- The portal has been developed by the government for the youth with the aim of providing employment opportunities in the state on a single portal.
- Uttarakhand CM also launched ‘Yuva Uttarakhand App’ and also inaugurated self-employment centres in the employment offices of Dehradun and Udham Singh Nagar.
- The app has been developed by ITDA to make the schemes run by various departments available at one place.
- The development of employment centres in employment offices in all the districts for the youth to get more information and applications related to the schemes.
- Dhami provided appointment letters to 17 candidates selected through employment fairs and also visited the exhibitions organized by various departments.
- Capital – Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
- Chief Minister – Pushkar Singh Dhami
- Governor – Gurmit Singh
Govt Introduces Shreshta Scheme for Quality Education of SC Students
- In a significant move aimed at advancing education and promoting the socio-economic progress of Scheduled Castes (SCs), the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment has introduced the ‘Scheme for Residential Education for Students in High Schools in Targeted Areas’ (SHRESHTA).
- The primary goal of this initiative is to extend the impact of government development programmes and bridge service gaps in areas predominantly inhabited by SC communities within the education sector.
- ‘SHRESHTA envisions the creation of a conducive environment for the socio-economic upliftment and comprehensive development of SC students, ensuring a brighter future for them.
- The scheme’s core strategy involves fostering collaboration between grant-in-aid institutions managed by non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and residential high schools offering quality education.
Amit Shah chairs review meeting on Left Wing Extremism in New Delhi
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah has chaired the review meeting on Left Wing Extremism in New Delhi.
- Amit Shah said that Left Wing Extremism (LWE) will be totally eliminated from the country in two years.
- Chairing a meeting to review the security situation in LWE-affected States, the year 2022 witnessed the lowest number of incidents of violence and deaths in Naxal-hit areas in the last four decades.
- Violent incidents in Naxal-affected States have come down by 77% in 2022 in comparison to the high of 2010.
- The review meeting was attended by the Chief Ministers of Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and Jharkhand. Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis also attended the meeting where Odisha, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, and Chhattisgarh were represented by State ministers.
- The central government had approved the ‘National Policy and Action Plan to address LWE’ in 2015.
- The policy envisages a multi-pronged strategy involving security-related measures, development interventions, ensuring rights and entitlements of local communities, etc.
Amit Shah in News
- Amit Shah chaired Northern Zonal Council at Amritsar
- Amit Shah chaired Northern Zonal Council at Amritsar
- Amit Shah launches “Amrit Kalash Yatra” under ‘Meri Maati-Mera Desh’ campaign in New Delhi.
- Amit Shah chairs 26th meeting of Western Zonal Council in Gandhinagar
- Amit Shah plants 4 croreth tree at CRPF Group Center in Greater Noida
IOC and Reliance Foundation sign agreement to advance Olympic values
- The International Olympic Committee (IOC) with the Olympic Museum has aligned with Reliance Foundation to build on the success of the Olympic Values Education Programme (OVEP) in India and signed a new cooperation agreement.
- The new cooperation was agreed upon by IOC President Thomas Bach and Nita Ambani, IOC Member in India and Reliance Foundation Founder Chairperson, during a visit to the Reliance Foundation Young Champs (RFYC) football academy in Mumbai.
- The partnership aims to bring the Olympic values of respect, friendship, fair play, and solidarity across the state of Maharashtra.
- OVEP is an initiative led by the Olympic Museum that advances the IOC’s Olympism365 strategy, which aims to increase access to sport and bring the health and societal benefits of physical activity to communities across the globe.
- Launched in India in 2022 with the Abhinav Bindra Foundation in the Indian state of Odisha, OVEP is one of the first major IOC projects to be implemented in India.
‘A-HELP’ programme launched in Jharkhand
- The Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Government of India, unveiled the ‘A-HELP‘ (Accredited Agent for Health and Extension of Livestock Production) programme in the state of Jharkhand.
- The program aims to empower women in the livestock sector by engaging them as Accredited Agents for disease control and livestock insurance.
- The program will enhance access to veterinary services at the farmer’s doorstep and empower Pashu Sakhis.
- The Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying (DAHD) has undertaken the novel initiative, “A-HELP,” across various States/Union Territories, including Bihar, Gujarat, Jammu and Kashmir, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and Jharkhand.
- The initiative has been made possible through a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between DAHD (Department of Animal husbandry and Dairying) and the National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) under the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), Government of India.
Operation Ajay set to evacuate Indian nationals from Israel
- India has launched Operation Ajay to facilitate the return from Israel of its citizens who wish to return.
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar announced this operation, emphasizing the government’s commitment to ensuring the safety and well-being of Indian nationals abroad.
- Special charter flights and other arrangements are being organized to bring back Indian citizens from Israel.
- The Indian Embassy in Israel has initiated contact with registered Indian citizens, starting with the first group, for the special flight. Subsequent flights will follow, and communication will be made accordingly.
- Capital – Jerusalem
- Currency – Sheqel
- President – Isaac Herzog
- Prime Minister – Benjamin Netanyahu
UAE Chairs International Conference 2023 on Climate Change
- The UAE has chaired the 2023 International Conference on Climate Change and Nuclear Energy, organized by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
- The conference aims to provide a platform for Member States, representatives of low-carbon energy sectors, international organizations, and other relevant bodies to exchange information on the role of nuclear energy in the path to eliminating carbon emissions, in line with the goals of limiting global warming.
- This event is an ideal opportunity to discuss relevant policies and strategies with various international bodies and exchange expertise on the role of peaceful nuclear energy in addressing climate change.
- Notably, the United Arab Emirates will also host the 28th session of the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP28) from 30 November to 12 December 2023 in Dubai Expo City.
- The decision of the UAE to host the international conference affirms its commitment to working to mitigate the effects of climate change at multiple levels.
About United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Capital – Abu Dhabi
- Currency – Dirham
- President – Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Prime Minister – Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
- Official language -Arabic
Banking and Financial
RBI plan to include PM Vishwakarma Scheme beneficiaries in PIDF Scheme
- Reserve Bank Governor has decided to include PM Vishwakarma under the Payments Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF) Scheme as well as extend the tenure of the scheme by another two years.
- It is now proposed to extend the PIDF Scheme by a further period of two years, that is up to December 31, 2025, the RBI said while announcing a bi-monthly monetary policy.
- Operationalized in January 2021, the PIDF Scheme aims at incentivizing the deployment of payment acceptance infrastructure such as physical Point of Sale (PoS), Quick Response (QR) codes in tier-3 to tier-6 centres, north-eastern states and Union Territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh.
- As per the original plan, the tenure of the PIDF scheme was fixed for three years till December 2023.
- Governor Das said, beneficiaries of PM SVANidhi Scheme in Tier-1 and 2 centres were later included in August 2021 under the PIDF scheme.
- This decision to expand the targeted beneficiaries under the PIDF scheme will provide a fillip to the Reserve Bank’s efforts towards promoting digital transactions at the grassroots level.
- PM Vishwakarma scheme launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi last month proposes to offer up to 8% subsidy for loans given to artisans.
- The scheme provides collateral-free loans up to ₹Rs 3 lakh to artisans at a very affordable interest rate of 5%.
- The scheme covers artisans related to 18 fields, including carpenter, goldsmith, blacksmith, mason, stone sculpture, barber and boatmakers.
- Initially, ₹1 lakh loan will be given and the beneficiary would be eligible for an additional ₹2 lakh after repayment schedule of 18 months.
- The components of the scheme will include not only financial support but also access to advanced skill training, knowledge of modern digital techniques and efficient green technologies, brand promotion, linkage with local and global markets, digital payments, and social security.
RBI stops Bank of Baroda from adding new customers on its Mobile App
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has directed the Bank of Baroda (BoB) to stop on-boarding new customers into its mobile banking facility – ‘bob World’ — with immediate effect.
- The action is based on certain material supervisory concerns observed in the manner of onboarding of their customers onto this mobile application.
- In order to add customers, the bank will have to rectify the existing deficiencies observed and strengthen the process according to the RBI standards.
- BoB assured that existing customers would not face any disruption and would continue to have uninterrupted services on the mobile app.
- The regulator also said that the existing customers of the application will not face any disruption in their services on account of the RBI mandate.
- This order does not impact any of the bank’s other digital banking channels such as Net Banking, WhatsApp Banking, Debit Cards, ATMs, etc. for servicing its existing customers as well as for onboarding of new customers.
About Bank of Baroda (BOB)
- Founded – 1908
- Headquarters – Vadodara, Gujarat
- MD & CEO – Debadatta Chand
- Tagline – India’s International Bank
Axis Bank and Fibe Partner to launch India’s First Numberless Credit Card
- To reduce the risk of identity theft and unauthorized access, private lender Axis Bank and fintech firm Fibe have launched India’s first numberless credit card.
- The card will not display any card number, expiry date, or CVV number. These details will be available on the Fibe app.
- The Fibe Axis Bank Credit Card is powered by RuPay and allows customers to link their credit card to the United Payments Interface (UPI). It also offers a tap-and-pay feature for all offline retail stores across the country.
- This numberless Axis Bank card will prioritize the security of our customers while offering a robust financial solution that empowers the smart and ambitious youth of our nation.
- The card offers a flat 3 per cent cashback on online food delivery across all restaurant aggregators, local commute on leading ride-hailing apps, and entertainment on online ticketing platforms.
About Axis Bank
- Founded – 1993
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman – Rakesh Makhija
- MD & CEO – Amitabh Chaudhary
- Tagline – Badhti Ka naam Zindagi
Navneet Munot elected Chairman of the AMFI
- The Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) has elected Navneet Munot and Anthony Heredia as its new chairman and vice-chairperson.
- Currently, Munot is the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of HDFC Asset Management. Heredia is the MD and CEO of Mahindra Manulife Mutual Fund.
- The election brings an end to a two-year term of A Balasubramanian as the chairman and Radhika Gupta as the vice-chairperson.
- Though the association holds elections for the two positions every year, the elected representatives generally get a two-year term.
- The election took place at the 28th annual general meeting (AGM) of Amfi in September 2023. Munot and Heredia will take charge from 16 October 2023.
- CEO of UIDAI – Amit Agrawal (reappointment for 1 year)
- DG of Border Roads Organization (BRO) – Raghu Srinivasan (28th) (replace Rajeev Chaudhry)
- Chairman of Press Trust of India Board – K.N. Shanth Kumar (replace Aveek Sarkar)
- Chairman of the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) – Saugata Gupta
- Vice Chairman of the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) – Partha Sinha
Hansal Mehta’s Scoop wins Best Series at Busan International Film Festival
- Hansal Mehta’s newsroom drama series Scoop has been awarded the Best Asian TV Series at the ongoing Busan International Film Festival (BIFF).
- Starring Karishma Tanna in the lead role, the series is inspired by Jigna Vora’s book ‘Behind Bars in Byculla: My Days in Prison’.
- Scoop also starred Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub, Prosenjit Chatterjee, and Harman Baweja, among others in pivotal roles.
- Spinoza Prize for Climate Change in Netherlands – Prof. Dr. Joyeeta Gupta
- Sastra Ramanujan Prize 2023 – Mathematician Ruixiang Zhang Berkeley (USA)
- Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2023 – Waheeda Rehman
- Great Place To Work Certified in India from Sept 2023 to Sept 2024 period – SBI General Insurance
- Best Trading Platform Global 2023 – Binomo Trading Platform
- Most Trusted Platform Global 2023 – Binomo Trading Platform
Shubhi Gupta wins U-19 Girls National Chess Championship
- Shubhi Gupta has won the U-19 Girls’ National Chess Championship 2023 in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Shubhi is an integral member of the Cohort sponsored and supported by the esteemed Pravaha Foundation as part of their laudable Initiative, “64 Squares.”
- The “64 Squares” initiative encompasses a group of immensely talented chess players, spanning various age groups and levels of expertise.
12 October 2023 – World Sight Day
- World Sight Day is observed across the globe on the second Thursday of October every year and this year was celebrated on12 October.
- Objective – To raise awareness about blindness and vision impairment.
- Theme 2023 – Love your eyes at work
- The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has organized several events to create awareness about visual impairment among the masses.
- World Sight Day has been observed since the year 2000 and is now coordinated by the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness alongside the World Health Organization. It was initially observed as part of a SightFirst campaign by the Lions Club International Foundation. The occasion has had an associated theme for most of its 22-year history.
Join Best test series for Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|