Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 15th June 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
Haryana govt announces monthly pension of Rs. 10,000 for Padma Awards
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal has announced a monthly pension of 10,000 rupees for the Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan and Padma Vibhushan awardees of the State.
- The chief minister also announced free travel facility for them in Volvo buses of the Haryana Roadways.
- Capital – Chandigarh
- Chief Minister – Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor – Bandaru Dattatreya
Justice Venkatachaliah launches app to provide legal aid
- Former Chief Justice of India M.N. Venkatachaliah has launched the multilingual India Legal app, a helpline to enable citizens obtain legal assistance from their homes.
- The app will help in disposing of around 70 percent of new cases.
- The app will benefit a wide range of consumers, including a large legal community of 1.2 million lawyers and half a million students.
- The first call on the app came from Meerut. An employee alleged that his employer did not give him money. Venkatachaliah directed him to file a case against the employer and to approach the High Court.
- The second call came from Chennai. A woman, speaking in Tamil, said she was in a live-in relationship with a man who clicked her private photographs and was now blackmailing her.
- As per the woman, the man was threatening to upload her photographs on social media. Venkatachaliah advised her to file a complaint with the police.
Amit Shah unveils ₹8,000 crore schemes to strengthen disaster management
- Union home minister Amit Shah has chaired a meeting with ministers of disaster management from the states and union territories to discuss disaster risk reduction and strengthen the country’s disaster management system.
- During the meeting, Shah announced three major schemes worth over ₹8,000 crore to bolster disaster management efforts across the nation.
- The first scheme, valued at ₹5,000 crore, aims to expand and modernize fire services in states. The project intends to enhance firefighting capabilities, upgrade equipment, and improve infrastructure to effectively respond to fire emergencies.
- The second scheme, with a budget of ₹2,500 crore, focuses on reducing the risk of urban flooding in seven of India’s most populous metros, including Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, and Pune. The project aims to implement measures to mitigate the impact of flooding in urban areas, safeguarding lives and property.
- The third scheme, worth ₹825 crore, is the National Landslide Risk Mitigation Project. It aims to address the issue of landslides in 17 states and Union Territories by implementing measures to prevent and mitigate landslides, ensuring the safety of vulnerable communities.
Recent Inauguration by Amit Shah
- Amit Shah lays foundation stone of campus of National Academy of Coastal Policing in Gujarat
- Amit Shah inaugurates training program on legislative drafting in New Delhi
- Amit Shah launched Vibrant Villages Programme in Arunachal Pradesh
- Amit Shah inaugurated Vedic Heritage portal in New Delhi
- Amit Shah virtually inaugurated development project in Ahmedabad worth Rs 154 cr
- Amit Shah inaugurated the first phase of the Bangalore Safe City Project in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Odisha celebrates ‘Raja’ agricultural festival
- Odisha has celebrated the Raja festival, an agricultural festival.
- Raja festival is celebrated for three days.
- The first day of the festival is called ‘Pahili Raja’, the second day is called ‘Majhi Raja’ ‘Raja Sankranti’ or ‘Mithuna Sankranti’, the third day is ‘Bhudaha’ or ‘Basi Raja’ or ‘Sesha Raja’.
- Most of the festivals are connected to agriculture in one way or the other. So is the Raja festival. Odisha’s Raja festival is a unique one as mother earth is worshipped during this festival.
- Notably, ‘Pahili Raja’ falls on the last day of month ‘Jyestha’ and ‘Raja Sankranti’ on the first day of month ‘Asadha’, celebrating the beginning of the rainy season.
- As women are compared with mother earth, as the former menstruate, the latter too is believed to be undergoing her menstrual cycle during this festival.
- This is why all agricultural activities like tilling and digging are suspended during this festival. Just like a menstruating woman, mother earth is allowed to take full rest without any tampering.
- Capital – Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
- Governor – Ganeshi Lal
Banking and Financial
South Indian Bank launches digital platform for hassle-free account opening
- South Indian Bank has introduced SIB SWIFTe, an innovative and customer-centric digital account opening platform that eliminates the hassle of paper-based documentation.
- The platform prioritizes customer convenience and transforms the account opening process, enabling the bank to swiftly on-board customers in less than five minutes.
- This facility brings the branch-like experience to the comfort of customers’ homes, allowing them to connect with bankers at their convenience. SIB SWIFTe, a user-friendly and intuitive interface, provides clear instructions and visual cues to guide both customers and bank representatives through each step.
About South Indian Bank
- Founded – 1929
- Headquarters – Thrissur, Kerala
- Chairman – Salim Gangadharan
- MD & CEO – Murali Ramakrishnan
- Tagline – Experience Next Generation Banking.
Fino Payments Bank joins Hubble to introduce spending account
- Fino Payments Bank has entered into a tie-up with Sequoia Capital-backed fintech Hubble to introduce India’s first spending account.
- The bank customers can park their funds, spend (on categories such as food ordering, shopping, travel, entertainment, etc.) and save up to 10 percent on all purchases made from the account.
- Further, users can track spends across categories of over 50 brands that Hubble has partnered with and save up to ₹20,000 a year.
- The spending account is integrated with the bank’s digital savings account operated through its mobile app FinoPay. Users earn an interest rate of 2.75 percent per annum on the funds parked in the account.
Recent Facilities Launched in Banks & Insurance Sector
- Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB) launched a new deposit scheme ‘Vikas Ashadeep 400 days’.
- Punjab National Bank launches IVR-based UPI 123PAY
- Federal Bank launches ‘I am Adyar, Adyar is me’ campaign
- Google Pay launches Aadhaar-based authentication for UPI activation
- HDFC Bank has introduced a new credit card — Millennia — offering cashback.
- Kotak Bank launches Réserve premium account for the super-rich
Sebi introduces framework for direct mutual fund investment platforms
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) has introduced a regulatory framework for online investment platforms that facilitate investments in commission-free mutual fund (MF) schemes.
- The regulation brings clarity on the obligations of such platforms while opening an avenue to monetize their business. It also addresses investor concerns on associated risks and introduces grievance redressal mechanism.
- As per the framework, platforms providing MF investment services in direct (commission-free) plans will have to apply for ‘execution only platform’ (EOP) licence either with Sebi or the Association of Mutual Funds in India (Amfi) within three months of the regulation coming into force, which happens in September 2023.
- Platforms of investment advisors and stock brokers will not need an EOP registration if it is open only for their advisory or broking clients.
- Sebi has provided two options to the platforms: they can either register with Amfi and become agents of asset management companies or register with a stock broker and become agents of investors. Whom they charge for the services will depend on whose agent they become.
About Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
- Founded – 12 April 1988
- Act – 1992
- Headquarters – Mumbai
- Chairman – Madhabi Puri Buch
- SEBI Set up – Uday Kotak committee
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) opens regional office in Nagaland
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has opened its sub-office in Kohima, Nagaland, expanding its presence in the northeastern region.
- RBI Deputy Governor Michael Debabrata Patra inaugurated the office.
- RBI now has a presence in Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Tripura, and Nagaland.
- With this move, RBI aims to expand its reach in the region and better serve the financial needs of the people.
- Additionally, the central bank has announced its intention to establish an office in Itanagar, further demonstrating its commitment to enhancing its operations in the North East.
- The sub-office in Kohima begins functioning with the following departments — Financial Inclusion and Development Department (FIDD), Consumer Education and Protection Cell (CEPC), Market Intelligence Cell and Human Resource Management Department (HRMD). The currency management for Nagaland will continue to be conducted by the RBI’s office in Guwahati.
- The Reserve Bank’s office in Itanagar is expected to open shortly.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- Founded – 1 April 1935
- RBI Nationalized – 1 January 1949
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- RBI set up – Hilton Young Commission
- 1st Governor – Sir Osborne Smith (Australia)
- 1st Indian Governor – CD Deshmukh
- 25th Governor – Shaktikanta Das
- RBI Deputy Governor (4) – 1. Tavarna Rabi Sankar
- Mukesh Kumar Jain
- Michael D Patra
- M Rajeshwar Rao
SIDBI launches mission EVOLVE to finance MSMEs for EVs
- SIDBI has launched mission EVOLVE (Electric Vehicle Operations and Lending for Vibrant Ecosystem) in association with NITI Aayog, World Bank, Korean-World Bank and Korean Economic Development Cooperation Fund (EDCF) to finance MSMEs in the EV space.
- Under the initiative, SIDBI will give MSMEs access to affordable commercial financing for EV loans including hosting of telematics that could help reduce financing costs and provide data for other financial services.
- The programme comes in the backdrop of SIDBI’s aim to support India’s target for 30 percent EV penetration by 2030 or EV30@30.
- SIDBI announced a pilot scheme Mission 50,000-EV4ECO in April this year under guidance from NITI Aayog to fund MSMEs finding it difficult to access loans to purchase EVs such as two-wheelers, three-wheelers and four-wheelers for their day-to-day operations and commercial use.
- The mission aims to finance 50,000 EVs.
About Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
- Founded – 2 April 1990
- Headquarters – Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Chairman & MD – Siva S Ramann
Appointment and Resignation
Sanjay Kumar appointed as Marketing Director of GAIL
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Sanjay Kumar for the post of Director (Marketing) of GAIL (India) Limited.
- Kumar has been appointed to the post with effect from the date of taking over charge of the post till the date of his superannuation i.e. June 30, 2027, or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
- Presently, he is the Managing Director of Indraprastha Gas Limited (IGL), the largest CNG distribution company of India.
- CMD of NMDC Steel Limited – Amitava Mukherjee (reappointment)
- CEO of Unique Identification Authority (UIDAI) – Amit Agrawal
- Director General of the National Testing Agency (NTA) – Subodh Kumar Singh
- Chair-elect of IATA’s Board of Governors – Pieter Elbers
- CMD of Director of Container Corporation of India Ltd (CONCOR) – Sanjay Swarup
Uttam Lal takes over as Director (Personnel) NHPC Ltd
- Uttam Lal has taken over as Director (Personnel) of NHPC Limited.
- Prior to his appointment at NHPC, Lal was serving as Chief General Manager (HR-CSR/R&R/LA) in NTPC Limited.
- Lal has over 35 years of vast and rich experience in the area of Personnel Management, Industrial Relations and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Lal was recommended for the post of Director (Personnel) of NHPC Limited by the PESB panel in its selection meeting held on February 28.
- Chairman of The Hindu Group – Nirmala Laxman (replace Malini Parthasarathy)
- 78th UNGA president – Dennis Francis (Trinidad and Tobago)
- DG of Geological Survey of India (GSI) – Janardan Prasad (replace Dr. S. Raju)
- President of World Meteorological Organization (WMO) – Dr Abdulla Al Mandous (UAE)
- Chairman and MD of Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) – Amarendu Prakash
Ramachandra Guha’s book wins Elizabeth Longford Prize 2023
- Historian and writer Ramchandra Guha’s book Rebels Against the Raj: Western Fighters for India’s Freedom has won the Elizabeth Longford Prize for Historical Biography 2023.
- Guha has been awarded £5,000 (₹5 lakhs approximately) and a bound copy of Elizabeth Longford’s memoir, The Pebbled Shore.
- The Bengaluru-based historian’s book tells the story of seven foreigners — four British, Two American, and one Irish — who joined India’s freedom fight against British rule. The list of names includes Annie Besant, B.G. Horniman, Philip Spratt, Richard Ralph Keithahn, Samuel Stokes, Madeline Slade, and Catherine Mary Heilemann.
- The award was founded in 2003 by Flora Fraser and Peter Soros to commemorate British historian Elizabeth Longford. Every year it rewards exemplary works in historical biography. The prize is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year.
- The book has been published by Penguin Random House in India, William Collins in the U.K., and Alfred Knopf in the USA.
- Governor of the Year at the Central Banking Awards 2023 in London’ – RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das (Raghuram Rajan in 2015)
- RSL Christopher Bland Prize 2023 – Paterson Joseph (for Secret Diaries of Charles Ignatius Sancho)
- UNESCO Michel Batisse award 2023 – Jagdish S Bakan
- Suriname highest civilian award Grand Order of the Chain of the Yellow Star – Droupadi Murmu
- Greentech Safety Award 2023 – Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL)
- 57th Jnanpith Award – Damodar Maujo
Fourth warship of Indian Navy ‘Sanshodhak’ launched
- The fourth Survey Vessel Large (SVL) of the Indian Navy, named ‘Sanshodhak’, was launched at Kattupalli, Chennai.
- The ship named ‘Sanshodhak’, meaning ‘Researcher’, signifies the primary role of the ship as a Survey Vessel.
- The launch of the fourth SVL reinforces our resolve in indigenous shipbuilding, as part of the government’s vision of ‘Make in India’ and Aatma Nirbhar Bharat.
- The project, being built by L&T/GRSE for Indian Navy was launched at Kattupalli, Chennai.
- The chief guest of the launch ceremony was Adhir Arora, Chief Hydrographer to the Government of India.
- SVL ships will replace the existing Sandhayak Class survey ships, with new-generation hydrographic equipment, to collect oceanographic data.
- The SVL ships are 110 m long, 16 m wide with a displacement of 3,400 tons. The hull of these ships is made from indigenously developed DMR 249-A steel manufactured by Steel Authority of India Limited.
15 June – World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) is observed every year on June 15.
- Objective – To raise awareness about the abuse and neglect experienced by older adults
- Theme 2023 – Closing the Circle: Addressing Gender-Based Violence (GBV) in Older Age – Policy, Law and Evidence-based Responses
- This day aims to promote understanding of the importance of preventing elder abuse and supporting the rights and well-being of older people.
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) was officially recognized and established by the United Nations General Assembly on June 15, 2011 however, the history of raising awareness about elder abuse predates this specific observance.
15 June – Global Wind Day
- Global Wind Day is observed every year on 15 June.
- This special day serves as a reminder of the incredible potential and significance of wind power in addressing climate change and promoting sustainable energy solutions.
- The first Wind Day was organized in 2007 by European Wind Energy Association (EWEA). In 2009, the European Wind Energy Association (Wind Europe) and Global Wind Energy Council collaborated to make Wind Day a global event.
- The day acknowledges the power of the wind and raises awareness about its potential as a sustainable resource.
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2023 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|