Daily Current Affairs 16th January 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2023 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2023.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2023, Daily GK Update 2023. All the important updates based on current affairs 2023 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2023 article.
PM Modi flagged off Secunderabad-Visakhapatnam Vande Bharat Express train
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has virtually flagged off the Vande Bharata Express train connecting Secunderabad with Vishakhapatnam.
- The train will be the eighth Vande Bharat Express to be introduced by Indian Railways and the first one to connect the two Telugu-speaking States of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
- The first Vande Bharat Express train was flagged off in February 2019 between New Delhi to Varanasi.
- The Vande Bharat train between Secunderabad and Visakhapatnam will cover a distance of around 700 kilometres in around eight hours.
- It will have stoppages at Visakhapatnam, Rajahmundry and Vijayawada stations in Andhra Pradesh and at Khammam, Warangal and Secunderabad stations in Telangana.
- Under the Make in India initiative, a target has been set to manufacture 400 Vande Bharat trains in the coming years.
PM Modi in News
- PM Modi inaugurated 26th National Youth Festival at Hubbali in Karnataka
- PM Modi virtually inaugurated the 7th edition of the Global Investors Summit in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
- PM Modi chaired the Annual General Meeting of the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library Society in New Delhi
- PM Modi launched world’s longest river cruise from Varanasi to Assam
- PM Modi flagged off West Bengal’s first Vande Bharata Express train (7th)
- PM Modi flagged off 6th Vande Bharat train in Nagpur, Maharashtra
G20’s first Infrastructure Working Group meeting to be held in Pune
- The first G-20 Infrastructure Working Group (IWG) meeting under G20 India Presidency is scheduled to be held from 16th-17th January 2023 in Pune.
- The forum will bring together the IWG member countries, guest countries and international organizations invited by India to discuss the 2023 Infrastructure Agenda under the Indian G20 Presidency.
- The meeting will be hosted by the Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Government of India along with Australia and Brazil as the co-chairs.
- The Indian G20 Presidency’s theme of ‘One Earth, One Family, One Future’ sets the tone for the 2023 Infrastructure Agenda under the 2023 Indian G-20 Presidency.
- The theme underlines the message of equitable growth and aptly ties up with the central agenda of the discussions which is building resilient, inclusive, and sustainable urban infrastructure.
- In the Pune meeting, discussions will focus on the agenda for the Infrastructure Working Group under the Indian Presidency.
- The flagship priority to be discussed in this meeting is “Financing Cities of Tomorrow: Inclusive, Resilient and Sustainable”.
G20 in News
- IISc Bengaluru will serve as the secretariat for Science 20 (S20), one of the G20’s multiple groupings.
- First G-20 meeting to take place in Puducherry on Jan 31.
- G20 Foreign Ministers to meet in New Delhi in March 2023
- Anurag Singh Thakur launched the themes of the Y20 summit, logo, and website in New Delhi.
- First meeting of the Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion Working Group of G20 begins in Kolkata.
‘Soul of Steel’ challenge launched in Uttarakhand
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has launched the ‘Soul of Steel’ challenge in Dehradun, Uttarakhand on the occasion of Armed Forces Veterans Day.
- The ‘Soul of steel’ challenge is based on the lines of the ‘Ironman triathlon’, a long-distance triathlon held in Europe which tests an individual’s physical capabilities.
- The CLAW Global was set up in January 2019 by Major (retd.) Vivek Jacob, a retired para Special Forces officer.
- The initiative is aimed at enabling life skill training and youth development. It is also expected to boost global promotion of adventure tourism in Uttarakhand
- The general area of the expedition would be the Nanda Devi national park, which has several peaks which are over 7,000ft.
- The Indian Army plans to organize the ‘Soul of steel’ challenge at least once every year. Anyone between the age group of 18-30 can apply for the challenge that would be spread across a duration of three months.
- The idea behind Soul of Steel is pooling of skill sets and creating a challenge that will unlock the human ability to survive, stabilize and thrive in high-altitude areas.
- Capital – Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
- Chief Minister – Pushkar Singh Dhami
- Governor – Gurmit Singh
Union Minister in News
- Virendra Kumar inaugurated the SHILP SAMAGAM-2022 in New Delhi.
- G Kishan Reddy inaugurated the 11th edition of the Manipur Sangai Festival.
- Kishan Reddy inaugurated the sixth edition of Ganga Utsav 2022 in New Delhi.
- Rajnath Singh inaugurated the 100 metre-Siyom Bridge in Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Rajnath Singh launched ‘Maa Bharati Ke Sapoot’ website
Piyush Goyal to launch MAARG portal for startup mentorship
- Union Commerce and industry minister Piyush Goyal will launch the MAARG platform (Mentorship, Advisory, Assistance, Resilience, and Growth)
- The portal will facilitate mentorship between startups and entrepreneurs across sectors, stages, and functions.
- It will facilitate mentorship between start-ups and entrepreneurs across sectors, stages, and functions. The matchmaking phase of the portal will allow start-ups to connect with mentors and discuss their mentorship needs.
- Goyal will also announce the results of the National Startup Awards 2022.
- The winning startups will be given a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh.
- One exceptional Incubator and one Accelerator each will also get a cash prize of Rs 15 lakh.
Piyush Goyal in News
- Piyush Goyal participated 13th Ministerial Meeting of the India-US Trade Policy Forum in Washington DC, USA.
- Piyush Goel launched Portal for mapping of Industrial Units and Laboratories for BIS
- Piyush Goel launched right to repair portal for consumers in New Delhi
- Piyush Goyal co-chairs India-US CEO Forum
- Piyush Goyal inaugurated 41st edition of the India International Trade Fair (IITF) in New Delhi
Bhupender Yadav inaugurated Regional Office of EPFO at Alwar
- Union Minister for Labour and Employment, Forest, Environment and Climate Change, Bhupender Yadav has inaugurated the Regional Office of EPFO at Alwar, Rajasthan.
- The Regional Office will help more than 2 lakh workers, 12,000 establishments, and 8,500 pensioners from Alwar and the neighboring districts of Bharatpur and Dholpur.
- The major industrial areas served by Regional Office are Bhiwadi, Khushkhera, Tapukara, Karoli, Neemrana, Behror, Gheelot, and Khairthal.
- Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) is a statutory organization set up under the Union Ministry of Labour and Employment was set up in 1951 by an Ordinance issued by the President.
- It is the country’s largest social security organization.
- EPFO assists the Central Board of Trustees in the administration of a provident fund scheme, pension scheme and insurance scheme for the registered establishments in India.
- Capital – Jaipur
- Chief Minister – Ashok Gehlot
- Governor – Kalraj Mishra
Union Minister in News
- Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated School of Logistics, Waterways, and Communication in Agartala, Tripura.
- Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated ‘Ayush Utsav’ in Kashmir
- Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated Unani Institute in Silchar
- Bhupender Yadav to lead Indian delegation at COP27 in Egypt
- Bhupender Yadav chaired the 189th meeting of ESIC
PM Modi announced ‘Aarogya Maitri’ project
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced a new ‘Aarogya Maitri’ project under which India will provide essential medical supplies to any developing country affected by natural disasters or humanitarian crisis.
- PM Modi announced the “Aarogya Maitri” project during the Voice of Global South Summit
- He also proposed setting up a ‘centre of excellence’ to facilitate development solutions to these countries.
- Also, India will launch the Global South Science and Technology Initiative to share its expertise in space technology.
PM Modi in News
- PM Modi participated in the historic programme marking ‘Veer Bal Diwas’ in Delhi
- PM Modi addressed 75th Amrut Mahotsav of Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul Rajkot Sansthan
- PM Modi inaugurated projects worth Rs 6,800 crore in Tripura, Meghalaya
- PM Modi launched projects worth Rs 75,000 cr in Maharashtra
- PM Modi inaugurated the first phase of the international airport at Mopa in north Goa.
REC signed MoU with UP govt for multiple projects worth Rs 98,853 crore
- State-owned REC Ltd. has signed non-binding MoUs with the Uttar Pradesh government to extend financial assistance for various projects during UP Global Investors Summit in Delhi.
- It will help UP in employment generation as well as exponential growth in the state.
- These projects include a power plant at a cost of Rs 14,103 crore, with a capacity addition of nearly 3,000 megawatts (MW), pollution control equipment and allied works; transmission projects worth Rs 7,800 crore for strengthening the transmission system and network in the state, and a distribution project of Rs 13,600 crore for strengthening infrastructure, reducing aggregate technical and commercial losses.
- REC shared with exchanges also talked about harnessing renewable energy at a cost of Rs 45,350 crore for the addition of 10000 MW capacity and multiple infrastructure development projects in UP state of Rs 20,000 crore across various sectors.
- REC, formerly Rural Electrification Corporation, is a subsidiary of Power Finance Corporation under the Union Power ministry. It finances and promotes power projects across India.
- The PSU provides loans to central or state sector power utilities in the country, state electricity boards, rural electric cooperatives, NGOs, and private power developers.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
Recent MoUs Signed by State Governments
- Meghalaya signed MoU with Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for MSME borrowers
- Haryana government signed an MoU with Dubai for economic cooperation
- Haryana government has launched Nirogi Haryana project
- Finland partnered with Kerala government to replicate Little KITEs model
- IRCTC signed an agreement with Chhattisgarh toursim board to promote tourist spots of state
Delhi government organized virtual book fair for its schools
- Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi Manish Sisodia has inaugurated a virtual mega book fair for Delhi government schools.
- The online platform will enable schools under the Directorate of Education to purchase books for their libraries and to ensure that library books reach the school’s doorstep.
- Delhi is the first in the country where teachers and children of all government schools participate in the virtual fair and select books for their library.
- The online platform of the book fair will play a pivotal role and children will be able to get access to the finest books.
- At least 340 publishers are participating in the fair and 8,000 books have been included in it.
Kerala enters Guinness Book of World Records for goals scored
- Kerala has entered the Guinness Book of World Records by taking 4,500 penalty kicks in 12 hours.
- The Department of Sports and Youth Affairs organized the event to set the Guinness record for a Dream Goal penalty shootout organized in Manjeri, Kerala.
- Many football lovers, students, teachers and others enthusiastically queued up to take the penalty kicks. Officials representing the Guinness Book of World Records were present at the event organized by the State Department of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- The Malappuram event obliterated the previous record of 2500 penalty kicks held by Germany.
- Former Indian player U. Sharafali took the inaugural kick. Minister for Sports V. Abdurahiman took the last penalty kick of the record.
- Capital – Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief Minister – Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor – Arif Mohammad Khan
FSSAI issues regulatory standards for Basmati Rice for first time
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has specified identity standards for basmati rice (including brown basmati, milled basmati, parboiled brown basmati, and milled parboiled basmati) for the first time.
- As per these standards, Basmati rice shall possess the natural fragrance characteristics of basmati rice and be free from artificial coloring.
- These standards will be enforced from August 1.
- Basmati rice is a premium variety of rice cultivated in the Himalayan foothills of the Indian subcontinent and is universally known for its long grain size, fluffy texture, and unique inherent aroma and flavour.
About Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has been set up under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006.
- Founded – 5 September 2008
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Under – Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- Chairperson – Rita Teaotia
UAE names ADNOC oil chief Sultan al-Jaber as President of COP28
- The president of the UAE’s national oil company Sultan al-Jaber has been named as president of this year’s COP28 climate talks.
- Jaber, also UAE’s minister of industry and technology and its climate envoy, will help develop the COP28 agenda and play a central role in intergovernmental negotiations to build consensus.
- The UAE, a major OPEC oil exporter, will be the second Arab state to host the climate conference after Egypt hosted the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change’s (UNFCCC) 27th Conference of the Parties (COP 27) in 2022.
- The chief executive of the ADNOC will be the first CEO to take the role at the UN summit.
- Jaber is also the Gulf state’s special envoy for climate change and has taken part in more than 10 COP meetings.
About United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Capital – Abu Dhabi
- Currency – Dirham
- President – Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Prime Minister – Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Banking and Financial
Alibaba sells Paytm stake worth $125 million via block deal
- China’s Alibaba Group sold a 3.1% stake in Indian digital payments firm Paytm for a total of $125 million through a block deal.
- Alibaba, which held a 6.26% stake in Paytm as of end-September, sold the stake at 536.95 rupees apiece.
- Formally known as One97 Communications, Paytm listed in 2021 after a mega $2.5 billion initial public offer (IPO).
- Since then, the stock has plunged around 75% from its IPO offer price as investors started questioning the company’s monetization plans amid worries about sky-high valuations of tech companies and fears of a global economic recession.
- Block deal: Single transaction between two institutional players of a minimum quantity of 5 lakh shares or at least Rs. 5 Crores in value.
- It happens at the start of trading hours for about 35 minutes through a separate trading window.
Appointment and Resignation
Brazil appoints Sonia Guajajara as 1st minister of indigenous people
- Brazil’s President-elect Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva announced Sônia Guajajara as the first minister of the new Ministry of Indigenous People.
- Sonia Guajajara is widely known as the leader of the main group of Brazil’s indigenous tribes and is a member of the Amazon Guajajara.
- She was also featured in Time Magazine’s annual list of the world’s 100 most influential people in 2022.
- Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva promised to create the Indigenous cabinet department during his presidential campaign.
- On 1st January 2023, he returned to power and he also previously governed Brazil from 2003 to 2010.
- Capital – Brasília
- Currency – Brazilian Real
- President – Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva
- First woman president of Indian Olympic Association – PT Usha
- First woman officer to be posted at BRO – Captain Surbhi Jakhmola
- First woman chief secretary of Telangana – Santhi Kumari
- First female Sikh judge in US – Manpreet Monica Singh
11-year-old Falak Mumtaz won gold medal at National Sqay Championship
- An 11-year-old Kashmiri girl Falak Mumtaz from a far-flung area has won a gold medal at the national level in the Sqay championship in Jammu.
- She is currently studying sixth standard at Aisha Ali Academy in Kulgam.
- Recently four girls were selected for the Sqay championship.
- Falak is the only girl who gave a tremendous performance to win the gold medal.
- The 23rd National Sqay Championship was organized by the SQAY Federation of India and hosted by Jammu and Kashmir SQAY Association at Indoor Stadium Bhagwati Nagar, Jammu.
- In the 23rd National Sqay Championship, players from all over Jammu and Kashmir performed very well and bagged 1st place in the overall medal tally.
- Andhra Pradesh bagged 2nd place and Odisha was in 3rd place.
British linguist Ronald E Ashe passed away
- A British linguist and educator specializing in Dravidian languages, Ronald E. Asher passed away at the age of 96.
- He won a gold medal from Kerala Sahitya Akademi, Trichur, in 1983 and was honored by the Royal Society, Edinburgh in 1991.
- His relationship with Kerala began during his days at the University of London.
- He was also a recipient of a medal from the College de France, Paris in 1970.
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2023 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2023
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|