Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 19th October 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
President Murmu launched 4th Agriculture Road Map of Bihar
- President Droupadi Murmu has launched the 4th Agriculture Road Map of Patna, Bihar.
- Several new specifications have been added to the new Agriculture Roadmap which will be implemented during 2023 to 2028.
- In this five-year plan we will promote agriculture taking into account the geographical and soil-related virtues of different regions.
- With this projection the state will be able to ensure low-cost farming and increase productivity in crops like paddy, wheat, makhana and others.
- There is a plan to establish small storage facilities at the Panchayat level that will help to procure attractive prices to farmers and protect them from distress selling.
- Capital – Patna
- Chief Minister – Nitish Kumar
- Governor – Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar
India-UK 2 plus 2 Foreign and Defence Dialogue held in New Delhi
- India-UK 2 plus 2 Foreign and Defence Dialogue was held in New Delhi.
- The two sides discussed possibilities to boost collaboration, particularly in areas of trade and investment, defence, critical and emerging technologies, civil aviation, health, energy, culture and strengthening people connections.
- The 2 plus 2 dialogue is a mechanism to discuss and review all aspects of the India-UK Comprehensive Strategic Partnership.
- According to the External Affairs Ministry, both countries expressed satisfaction with the regular high-level political exchanges and interactions which have provided guidance and momentum to India-UK multifaceted ties.
- They expressed happiness on the progress made in diverse areas of India-UK Roadmap 2030 including political exchanges, economic cooperation, defence and security, people-to-people ties, as well as regional and multilateral cooperation.
About United Kingdom (UK)
- Capital – London
- Currency – Pound sterling
- Prime Minister – Rishi Sunak
Nitin Gadkari addresses 5th edition of India STEM Summit 2023
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari has addressed the 5th edition of India STEM Summit 2023 in New Delhi.
- STEM Summit pertains to integrating Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) in the education sector that results in developing curiosity, inquisitiveness, critical thinking, problem-solving capacities, imagination, questioning and exploration skills among learners.
- The Minister added that knowledge and innovation are the two important aspects to make India the third-largest economy in the world. He remarked that India is the fastest growing economy and it is the Prime Minister’s dream to make the country a five trillion-dollar economy.
- The Government is taking a lot of steps to make India self-dependent in the energy sector. He said, 36 plants are currently operational in producing Biofuels, which will help to reduce the import bill of crude oil and other petroleum products.
Nitin Gadkari In News
- Nitin Gadkari launches India Jewellery Shopping Festival (IJSF) 2023
- Nitin Gadkari launches Bharat NCAP (New Car Assessment Program)
- Nitin Gadkari inaugurates and lays foundation stone of 11 highway project worth Rs 5600 crore in Rajasthan
- Nitin Gadkari inaugurates four projects worth Rs 1450 Crore in Assam
- Nitin Gadkari inaugurated two National Highway projects in Vadodara, Gujarat worth Rs 48 crore.
ADB Invests $181 Million to Improve Ahmedabad’s Peri-urban Areas
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a USD 181 million loan to build quality infrastructure and services toward improving urban livability and mobility in the peri-urban areas of Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- ADB will help strengthen the capacity of the Ahmedabad Urban Development Authority and urban local bodies in technology-based urban planning, including climate change
- The Ahmedabad Peri-urban Livability Improvement Project will construct 166 kilometers (km) of water distribution network, 126 km of climate-resilient stormwater drainage, 300 km of sewerage systems, and four sewage treatment plants.
- The project is also supporting 10 junction improvements along the existing Sardar Patel Ring Road to improve the connectivity of peri-urban areas to Ahmedabad city.
- The project will help upgrade basic infrastructure and services and strengthen urban management in these areas to raise the quality of life of its residents and sustain economic growth.
About Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Founded – 19 December 1966
- Headquarters – Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines
- President – Masatsugu Asakawa
- Vice President – Ashok Lavasa
- Director of ADB for India – Takeo Konishi
- Executive Director – Sameer Kumar Khare
- Member Countries – 68 (Niue)
Recent loan approved by ADB
- ADB approves USD 40.5 mn loan for childhood development in Meghalaya
- India, ADB signed $200 million loan deal to enhance urban services in Rajasthan.
- Inda, ADB signed $130 million loan MoU to boost horticulture in Himachal Pradesh
- India, ADB signed $295 million loan pact to upgrade the state highways in Bihar
- India, ADB signed $200 million loan deal to enhance urban services in Rajasthan
Om Birla handed over P20 Presidency to Parliament of Brazil
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla delivered a valedictory address, on the concluding day of the Ninth G20 Parliamentary Speakers’ Summit (P20) which was held at Yasho Bhumi in New Delhi.
- On the second day of the Summit, two sessions on the subjects – Mainstreaming Gender Equality – From Women’s Development to Women-led Development and Transformation in Peoples’ Lives through Public Digital Platforms were held.
- During the concluding session of the Summit, Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla handed over the P20 Presidency to the Parliament of Brazil.
- During this global event, 25 speakers, 10 Deputy Speakers along with 50 members of Parliament among others are participating.
- The Ninth P20 reflects a glorious journey of collective vision of Presiding Officers of Parliaments of G20 Nations which had taken root in 2010 in a Consultative meeting.
- India aims to provide consensus-based solutions to complex global issues towards a more inclusive, peaceful, and equitable world during the P20 Summit with the spirit of the theme Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam.
RK Singh launched dashboard for Data on Adoption and Forecasts
- Power and New and Renewable Energy Minister RK Singh launched the EV-Ready India Dashboard in New Delhi.
- The dashboard has forecast a 45 percent growth in electric vehicles by 2030.
- According to the Power and New and Renewable Energy Ministry, the dashboard is a free digital platform focusing on near real-time electric vehicle adoption and forecasts, associated battery demand, charging density, and market growth trends.
- The dashboard is expected to facilitate greater inclusion across audiences, for the industry, policymakers and end users of electric vehicles.
Odisha CM launches LAccMI public transport system
- The Odisha Cabinet headed by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has approved the ‘Location Accessible Multi-modal Initiative (LAccMI)’ scheme to ensure a sustainable, affordable, assured and safe transportation of passengers and commodities across the State.
- Under this scheme, more than 1000 buses will be rolled out in the villages across the state. 36 buses have been rolled out today that will provide bus services in 111 panchayats of the Malkangiri district.
- Within the framework of the LAccMl Scheme, women’s empowerment stands as a top priority. Due to safe transport space, Women would be encouraged to participate actively in the workforce.
- Mission Shakti Self Help Group (SHGs) will be engaged in various operation & maintenance-related activities within the Blocks.
- Capital – Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
- Governor – Ganeshi Lal
S Jaishankar unveils bust of Mahatma Gandhi in Tao Dan Park in Vietnam
- External Affairs Minister, S Jaishankar unveiled the bust of Mahatma Gandhi in Tao Dan Park in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- The unveiling of the bust is a symbolic moment for the friendship between India and Vietnam and underlines the message of independence, self-reliance, and human dignity.
- Mahatma Gandhi’s contributions to truth, non-violence, and the freedom and independence of people have been recognized the UN by proclaiming his birthday as the International Day of Non-Violence.
- EAM had also co-chaired the 18th India-Vietnam Joint Commission meeting in Hanoi along with his Vietnamese counterpart Bui Thanh Son.
- Capital- Hanoi
- Currency- Vietnamese dong
- Prime Minister – Pham Minh Chinh
- President – Vo Van Thuong
Banking and Financial
RBI cancels Registration Certificate of Ind Bank Housing Ltd
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has canceled the Certificate of Registration of Chennai-based Ind Bank Housing Ltd.
- Indian Bank and HUDCO (Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd) are major shareholders in the housing finance company, holding 51 percent and 25 percent stake, respectively.
- The company was set up in 1991.
- The housing finance company’s net loss widened to ₹55.78 lakh in FY23 against ₹12.93 lakh in FY22. The balance loss carried to balance sheet stood at ₹135.70 crore in FY23 against ₹135.15 crore in FY22, per the HFC’s annual report
- The company is currently not providing any new loans. The credit period of existing loans have already expired and the company is taking conscious efforts to recover the loans given.
- The company shall neither transact the business of a Housing Finance Institution nor of a Non-Banking Financial Institution as defined in National Housing Bank Act, 1987 and Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934, respectively.
RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das received the Award for being ranked ‘A+
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Shaktikanta Das has been awarded for being ranked ‘A+’ in the Global Finance Central Banker Report Cards 2023 at Morocco’s Marakesh.
- The Global Finance Annual Central Banker Report Cards recognize those central bank governors whose strategies outperformed their peers through originality, creativity, and tenacity.
- Apart from Das, Switzerland’s Thomas J Jordan and Vietnam’s Nguyen Thi Hong also received the Award for being ranked ‘A+’ according to the Central Banker Report Cards.
- The Central Banker Report Cards, published annually by Global Finance since 1994, grade the central bank governors of 101 key countries, territories and districts, including the European Union, the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank.
- Grades are based on a scale from A to F for success in inflation control, economic growth goals, currency stability and interest rate management. While an “A” represents an excellent performance an “F” represents outright failure.
- Global Finance regularly selects the top performers among banks and other providers of financial services. These awards have become a trusted standard of excellence for the global financial community.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- Founded – 1 April 1935
- RBI Nationalized – 1 January 1949
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- RBI set up – Hilton Young Commission
- 1st Governor – Sir Osborne Smith (Australia)
- 1st Indian Governor – CD Deshmukh
- 25th Governor – Shaktikanta Das
- RBI Deputy Governor (4) – 1. Tavarna Rabi Sankar
- Mukesh Kumar Jain
- Michael D Patra
- M Rajeshwar Rao
Dr Meenesh Shah appointed on IDF Board
- Dr Meenesh Shah, Chairman and Managing Director of the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB), was elected to the Board of the International Dairy Federation (IDF) during the General Assembly of IDF.
- He is the Member Secretary of the Indian National Committee and also a member of the Standing Committee on Dairy Policy and Economics.
- Dr Shah mentioned that a representative from India, a country that contributes over 23 percent of the global milk production, is on the Board of IDF, which will ensure a more inclusive and better global dairying ecosystem.
- This will also help putting forth the voice of millions of dairy farmers from the smallholder-based dairying system to the global forum and help design suitable policies, frameworks, systems and processes, the release stated.
- IDF Headquarters is located in Brussels, Belgium.
- Finance Director of Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA) – Dr. Bijay Kumar Mohanty
- National president of the Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (IACC) – Pankaj Bohra
- Chairman of Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) – Navneet Munot (replace A Balasubramanian)
- Vice chairman of Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) – Anthony Heredia (replace Radhika Gupta)
- CEO of UIDAI – Amit Agrawal (reappointment for 1 year)
Puma ropes in Mohammed Shami as its brand ambassador
- Sports brand Puma has roped in Indian fast bowler Mohammed Shami as its brand ambassador.
- Shami joins Puma’s roster, which includes top names from the world of sports, including batting icon Virat Kohli, sprinter Usain Bolt, footballers Neymar Jr and Sunil Chhetri, boxer MC Mary Kom, cricketers Harmanpreet Kaur and Harleen Deol, and para-shooter Avani Lekhara.
- Under this partnership, the Indian pacer will endorse Puma’s footwear, apparel, and accessories through multiple activities and campaigns throughout the year.
- The brand has also launched a new bowling spike with a mid-sole meant for runners, to support fast bowlers.
Recent Brand Ambassador
- Neeraj Chopra – Laureus Ambassador
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni – Reliance Retail’s Jio Mart
- Katrina Kaif – Uniqlo India
- Hrithik Roshan – Exxon Mobilil
- Anushka Sharma – Women’s fashion brand ‘W’
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni – Swaraj Tractors
- Chef Sanjeev Kapoor – Indian Oil ‘s XTRATEJ LPG brand
- Iga Swiatek – Infosys’s Global Brand Ambassador
Christopher Luxon elected as the Prime Minister of New Zealand
- Christopher Luxon has been elected as the 42nd Prime Minister of New Zealand.
- He spent 7 years as chief executive of Air New Zealand and was hailed a likely future leader upon entering politics in 2019.
- National hoped he could repeat the “glory days” under John Key, a former Merrill Lynch broker who won three elections for the party and served as PM from 2008 to 2016.
About New Zealand
- Capital – Wellington
- Currency – Dollar
- Prime Minister – Christopher Luxon
NASA has launched a spacecraft called ‘Psyche’
- NASA has launched a spacecraft called ‘Psyche’ on a six-year mission to study a unique metal-rich asteroid also named ‘Psyche.”
- It is the largest of the several metal-rich asteroids known in our solar system and is believed by scientists to be the remnant core of an ancient protoplanet, offering clues about Earth’s formation.
- This asteroid orbit the Sun between Mars and Jupiter. The primary goal of the Psyche mission is to explore the iron core, a previously unexplored aspect of the planet.
- The Psyche probe, folded inside the cargo bay of a SpaceX Falcon Heavy rocket, blasted off under partly cloudy skies from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral on a planned journey 2.2 billion miles (3.5 billion km) through space. The spacecraft, roughly the size of a small van, is due to reach the asteroid in August 2029.
- Asteroid Psyche measures roughly 173 miles (279 km) across at its widest point and resides on the outer fringes of the main asteroid belt between the planets Mars and Jupiter.
- After reaching the asteroid, the spacecraft would then orbit it for 26 months, scanning Psyche with instruments built to measure its gravity, magnetic proprieties, and composition.
- The first asteroid of its kind chosen for study at close range by spacecraft, Psyche is believed to consist largely of iron, nickel, gold and other metals, with a collective hypothetical monetary value placed at 10 quadrillion dollars.
- Upon reaching Psyche, the probe is set to circle it in a series of gradually descending orbits, ending up a mere 40 miles (64 km) from the asteroid’s surface, before finishing the mission in November 2031.
- NASA in 2021 launched a spacecraft named Lucy on a 12-year expedition to study the Trojan asteroids, two large clusters of space rocks orbiting the sun ahead of and behind the path of Jupiter.
- Last September, NASA sent a spacecraft slamming into an asteroid with enough force to nudge it from its natural path – the first-time humans altered a celestial body’s motion – in a successful test of a planetary defense system.
Ashutosh Sharma Breaks Yuvi’s Record for Fastest 50 in Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy
- Railways’ middle-order batter, Ashutosh Sharma broke former India batter Yuvraj Singh’s 16-year-old record for the fastest fifty by an Indian.
- Ashutosh smashed his half-century in 11 balls in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy T20 tournament, in a Group C clash against Arunachal Pradesh in Ranchi.
- Ashutosh made his T20 debut way back in 2018 for Madhya Pradesh and last played the format in 2019. He has featured in just one 50-over game, for MP also in 2019, and is yet to make his first-class debut.
- Yuvraj had held the record for the fastest fifty in T20 cricket overall for 16 years before it was broken just last month by Dipendra Singh Airee from Nepal against Mongolia in the Asian Games in Hangzhou.
Join Best test series for Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|