Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 1st October 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
Amit Shah chaired Northern Zonal Council at Amritsar
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah chaired the 31st Meeting of Northern Zonal Council held in Amritsar.
- Chief Ministers of Punjab, Haryana & Himachal Pradesh, Lt. Governors of Delhi, Jammu Kashmir & Ladakh, Administrator of Chandigarh, Senior Ministers from member States, Union Home Secretary, Secretary, Inter-State Council Secretariat, Chief Secretaries from the member States in the Northern Zone and other senior officers from the States and UTs and Central Ministries & Departments participated in the meeting.
- The Council discussed over a total 28 issues.
- Home Minister Amit Shah emphasized all the member states to pay special attention to issues like the cooperative movement in the country, the dropout rate of school children, and malnutrition, terming them as a collective priority.
- Not even a single child should remain malnourished in the country, it is the responsibility of all of us to reduce the school dropout rate, and giving impetus to the cooperative movement will help in taking more than 60 crore people of the country towards prosperity.
Amit Shah in News
- Amit Shah chaired Northern Zonal Council at Amritsar
- Amit Shah launches “Amrit Kalash Yatra” under ‘Meri Maati-Mera Desh’ campaign in New Delhi.
- Amit Shah chairs 26th meeting of Western Zonal Council in Gandhinagar
- Amit Shah plants 4 croreth tree at CRPF Group Center in Greater Noida
- Amit Shah inaugurates development works worth Rs 1052 cr in Gujarat
Union MoS attends “South-South Knowledge Sharing Series” by World Bank
- Union Minister of State for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship and Electronics & IT, Rajeev Chandrasekhar participated in a virtual conference organized by the World Bank known as the “South-South Knowledge Sharing Series.”
- This event centered around India’s Digital Public Infrastructure (DPI) and its potential to serve as an inspiring model for African nations, especially in light of the African Union’s recent inclusion in the G20 during India’s presidency of the summit this year.
- The conference’s theme was “Digital Public Infrastructure: The India Story” and representatives from the African Union highlighted the significant opportunities DPIs could offer to countries whose citizens are not yet connected to the internet.
PM Modi lays foundation stone of FM relay station at Dahod
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has laid the foundation Stone for the Akashvani Dahod FM Relay Station Project in Gujarat.
- The Foundation Stone plaque for the 10 Kilo watt FM Relay Station was unveiled virtually by the Prime Minister along with other projects at an event in Bodeli in the state.
- This station will be set up at an estimated cost of Rs. 11.00 Crore and is strategically located to cover approximately a 55 km radius area, encompassing approximately 75% of the tribal district of Dahod.
- Moreover, this transmitter will also partially cover the neighbouring tribal districts of Madhya Pradesh, including Alirajpur and Jhabua.
- With the launch of the Dahod station, over 25 lakh residents of Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh will gain access to high-quality FM broadcasts. This development not only enriches the cultural and informational tapestry of the region but also facilitates better communication and connectivity for the communities it serves.
- Capital- Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister- Bhupendra Rajnikant Patel
- Governor- Acharya Devvrat
Odisha assembly passes land acquisition bill
- The Odisha assembly passed four bills, including the land acquisition and resettlement one that will enable the government to exempt strategic and development projects from social impact assessments.
- The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement (Odisha Amendment) Bill, 2023, was first introduced in the assembly in March but withdrawn a month later following severe criticism.
- The land acquisition bill enables the government to exempt ‘strategic and development projects’ from social impact assessments and special provisions for safeguarding food security.
- The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement (RFCTLAR&R) Act, 2013 is a central legislation. It came into force with effect from January 1, 2014.
- Capital – Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
- Governor – Ganeshi Lal
Uttar Pradesh Achieves 100% ODF Plus Coverage
- Uttar Pradesh has achieved 100 percent Open Defecation Free (ODF) Plus coverage under the flagship Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) programme.
- Henceforth, all the almost 96,000 villages in Uttar Pradesh have been declared ODF Plus.
- An ODF Plus village is one which has sustained its Open Defecation Free status along with implementing either solid or liquid waste management systems.
- As of the current date, around 4.4 lakh (around 75 percent) villages across the country have declared themselves ODF Plus, which is a significant step towards achieving the SBM-G Phase-II goals by 2024-25.
- Uttar Pradesh picked up momentum in the current financial year because on 1 January 2023, only 15,088 villages in the state had been declared ODF Plus.
- So far, 11 states have been declared 100 percent ODF Plus status, out of which UP is the largest.
- Over a short period of just nine months, the state mobilized the efforts for achieving ODF Plus in a mission mode.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
Global Innovation Index 2023: India at 40th; topped by Switzerland
- India has retained its 40th rank out of 132 economies in the Global Innovation Index 2023 rankings published by the World Intellectual Property Organization.
- The 16th edition of the index, which ranks world economies according to their innovation capabilities, was released by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), an agency of the United Nations.
- For the 13th year in a row, Switzerland is the most innovative economy in 2023 followed by Sweden, the United States, the United Kingdom, and Singapore.
- Denmark (9th) and the Republic of Korea (10th) remain in the top 10. France (11th) gets closer, improving one rank this year, while Japan remains strong as the 13th most innovative economy. Israel re-enters the top 15, reaching 14th place.
- China ranks 12th this year, dropping one rank relative to 2022. Apart from China, there are only four other middle-income economies among the top 40 economies, namely, Malaysia (36th), Bulgaria (38th), Türkiye (39th) and India (40th).
- India has been on a rising trajectory, over the past several years in the Global Innovation Index (GII), from a rank of 81 in 2015 to 40 in 2023.
Indian elderly to make up 20% of population by 2050: UNFPA report
- The elderly population in India is likely to double by 2050, according to the India Ageing Report 2023 published by the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA).
- According to the report, the share of older persons (over the age of 60 years) in India will double — from 10.5 percent as of July 2022 to 20.8 percent in 2050 — with the absolute number at 347 million.
- The UN report added that by the end of the century, the elderly will constitute over 36 percent of the total population of the country.
- The projections indicate that during 2022–2050, the overall population of India will grow by 18 percent only, while the older population will grow by 134 percent.
- During the same period, the population of persons aged 80+ years will grow 279 percent. At this time, “the widowed and highly dependent very old women” will become predominant.
- Moreover, it is expected that four years before 2050, the population size of the elderly in India will be higher than the population size of children aged 0–14 years. By that time, the population share of 15–59 years will also see a dip.
- Over the next three decades, the number of older persons worldwide is expected to double to 2.1 billion by 2050, with the share rising to 22 percent of the total population.
- However, the situation will be slightly different for less developed countries. The absolute number of older persons in less developed regions is likely to more than double from 772 million in 2022 to 1.7 billion in 2050.
Banking and Financial
REC signs MoU with PNB to co-finance infrastructure projects
- State-run REC Limited and Punjab National Bank have signed an MoU to explore funding possibilities in the Power Infrastructure and logistics sectors.
- The consortium arrangement will co-finance loans worth Rs 55,000 crores over the next three years.
- REC, which essentially lends to the power sector, has been authorized by the Power Ministry to also lend to the infrastructure sector. Its loan book has exceeded ₹4,54,393 crore.
- In FY23, the non-power infrastructure and logistics sector accounted for 32 percent of the total loan sanctioned by the company.
- The Maharatna company has now diversified into the non-power infrastructure sector, which includes roads and expressways, metro rail, airports, IT communication, social and commercial infrastructure (educational institutions, hospitals), ports, and electro-mechanical (E&M) works in respect of sectors such as steel, refinery, etc.
- Ministry of Power has also allowed our company to lend to the non-power infrastructure and logistics sector to contribute to the accelerated development of our nation and sanctioned more than ₹85,700 crore towards various projects spanning from metro, ports, airports, oil refineries, highways, steel infra to healthcare, educational institutions and also in sectors of IT infra/ fiber optics, etc that constitute about 32 percent of overall sanctions of the company, in the last financial year.
- REC is targeting revenue from operations of ₹46,935 crore in FY24 and ₹56,322 crore in FY25.
Recent MoU in Banking Sector
- Kotak Mutual Fund launches investor education program in partnership with CBSE
- SIDBI signed MoU with the Digital Lenders Association of India (DLAI) to boost the country’s fintech sector.
- UP New and Renewable Energy Development Agency (UPNEDA) signed MoU SIDBI to promote green project
- SIDBI signs with Digital Lenders Association of India (DLAI) to boost fintech sector
- IREDA partners with Bank of Maharashtra to promote renewable energy adoption
Appointment and Resignation
Media Research Users Council India elects Shailesh Gupta as Chairman
- Shailesh Gupta has been appointed as the new Chairman of Media Research Users Council India.
- While, Shashank Srivastava has been appointed as Vice Chairman of Media Research Users Council India.
- The new appointees replace Shashidhar Sinha, CEO of Media brands.
- Rajeev Beotra and Anupriya Acharya have been appointed new members of the Board of Governors.
- Media Research Users Council India was founded in 1994.
- President of Intel India – Gokul Subramaniam (replace Nivruti Rai)
- Chairman of Tata Advanced Systems – Banmali Agarwal
- Secretary of Dept. of Biotechnology – Rajesh S Gokhale
- Advisor to PM Modi – Amit Khare (reappointment)
- CEO of Penguin Random House – Nihar Malviya (replace Marcus Dohle)
Yes Bank appoints Manish Jain as country head of Wholesale Banking
- Yes Bank has appointed Manish Jain as the new country head of Wholesale Banking.
- He succeeds Ravi Thota, who resigned on 2 August 2023, citing personal and professional reasons.
- Jain will be responsible for spearheading the wholesale banking business at Yes Bank.
- Jain has three decades of work experience which includes 23 years in Standard Chartered Bank.
- While, Pankaj Sharma has been appointed as Chief Strategy and Transformation Officer at Yes Bank.
Recent Appointment in Banking & Insurance Sector
- Deputy Governor of RBI – M. Rajeshwar Rao (reappointment for 1 year)
- MD and CEO ICICI Lombard – Sanjeev Mantri (replace Bhargav Dasgupta)
- Vice-president for Asian Development Bank (ADB)’s Market Solutions – Bhargav Dasgupta
- MD and CEO of HDFC Bank – Sashidhar Jagdishan (reappointment for 3 year)
- Chairman of Mastercard India- Rajnish Kumar (Former SBI Chief)
India won gold in 10m Air Pistol Team event in Asian game 2023
- India won a gold medal in the Men’s 10m Air Pistol team event at the 19th Asian Games in Hangzhou.
- India players team – Sarabjot Singh, Arjun Singh Cheema, and Shiva Narwal
- This was India’s 13th medal in shooting and the second of the day after Roshibina Devi Naorem won a silver medal in wushu.
- In a contest that turned out to be incredibly close, Sarabjot Singh, Arjun Singh Cheema and Shiva Narwal combined for a score of 1734 points, ahead of China’s 1733 points and Vietnam’s 1730 points.
- Sarabjot Singh and Arjun Singh Cheema progressed to the individual final in the 10m Air Pistol with scores of 580 and 579 points respectively for a fifth and eighth-place finish. With only the top-eight shooters qualifying, this too ran close
- Sarabjot and Arjun finished fourth and eighth respectively. Vietnam’s Pham Quang Huy won gold with a score of 240.5, while South Korea’s Lee Wonho (239.4) and Uzbekistan’s Vladimir Svechnikov (219.9) took the silver and bronze, respectively.
- Sarabjot, 21, finished fourth, scoring 199, while Arjun ended up eighth and last, exiting on the second elimination shot.
Roshibina Devi Naorem clinches silver medal in Wushu
- In the Asian Games at Hangzhou, India’s Roshibina Devi Naorem clinched the silver medal in the Women’s 60 kg category in Wushu.
- In a major disappointment, Naorem Roshibina Devi lost in the 60 kg category final in the women’s Wushu event. She fought hard till the last moment against China’s Wu Xiaowei.
- Devi brings home a silver medal which is a first for the country in Wushu.
- India has an overall 23 medals in its kitty with 5 gold, 8 silver, and 10 bronze. We currently stand at the seventh position on the ranking board.
India wins gold in tennis mixed doubles
- The mixed doubles pair of Rohan Bopanna and Rutuja Bhosale beat Chinese Taipei pair En-shuo Liang and Tsung-hao Huang in the finals to clinch gold at the Asian Games 2023 in Hangzhou.
- The pair won India’s ninth gold in this Asiads.
- Earlier, Ramanathan Ramkumar and Saket Myneni bag silver in the men’s doubles.
30 September – International Translation Day
- International Translation Day is observed every year on September 30.
- The day is observed by the International Federation of Translators (FIT) to highlight the significant role of translators all across the world.
- Theme 2023 – Translation Unveils the Many Faces of Humanity
- International Translation Day is recognized on a global level to promote the role of language translators, and to create awareness about the commendable contributions of translators and interpreters in bridging the linguistic and cultural divisions.
- International Translation Day was established by United Nations in 2017. The day is observed to honour boisterous efforts of language translators and interpreters in promoting understanding, peace, and dialogue among people belonging from different linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
- This day is observed alongside the feast of St. Jerome (a patron saint of translators who translated the Holy Bible).
1 October – International Day of Older Persons
- The International Day of Older Persons is observed every year on October 1.
- Objective – To raise awareness of the value of senior persons in our society and to show our appreciation for their contributions.
- Theme 2023 – Fulfilling the Promises of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights for Older Persons: Across Generations
- The International Day of Older Persons, also known as the International Day of Older Persons, has its origins in United Nations General Assembly Resolution 45/106, adopted in December 1990.
- The observance serves as a reminder of the need for policies and actions that support the well-being, dignity and rights of older persons and promote a more inclusive and age-friendly world
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|