Daily Current Affairs 20th January 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2023 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2023.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
India announced 100 million Maldivian Rufiyaa for development projects
- During the visit to Maldives, EAM S Jaishankar has announced an additional grant of 100 Million Maldivian Rufiyaa for community development projects in Maldives.
- He also witnessed an MoU between Maldivian National University and Kochi University of Science & Technology.
- The agreement included grant assistance of 100 million rufiyaa (Maldives’ currency) for the High Impact Community Development Project (HICDP).
- He has also announced that India has handed over two sea ambulances to help the Maldives National Defence Force (MNDF).
- India has completed 23 out of 45 impactful community development projects.
- Capital – Male
- Currency – Rufiya
- President – Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
Tourism Ministry to organize 1st Global Tourism Investors Summit
- The Ministry of Tourism will organize the first Global Tourism Investors Summit from 10th to 12th April 2023 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- The aim of the summit is to bring together global business leaders, and policymakers to understand and explore Tourism Business opportunities in India.
- The event focused on promoting India as an investment destination for travel, tourism, and hospitality by identifying State-Specific investment possibilities and discuss avenues to promote sustainable tourism.
Adani Enterprises signed agreement with Ashok Leyland to develop Asia’s first hydrogen-mining truck
- Adani Enterprises has signed an agreement with Ashok Leyland and Ballard Power (Canada) to launch a pilot project to develop a hydrogen fuel cell electric truck (FCET) for mining logistics and transportation.
- The agreement marks Asia’s first planned hydrogen-powered mining truck.
- The demonstration project will be led by Adani Enterprises Limited a company focused on both mining operations and developing green hydrogen projects for sourcing, transporting, and building out hydrogen refueling infrastructure.
- The mining truck will weigh 55 tons and will have a 200-km working range.
- The FCET is scheduled to be launched in India in 2023.
- Ballard will supply the FCmoveTM fuel cell engine for the hydrogen truck.
- Ashok Leyland will provide the vehicle platform and technical support.
- NTPC signed with Italy-based Maire Technimont Pvt. Ltd for green methanol production
- NTPC Limited signed MoU with GE Power India Limited to reduce carbon intensity
- NTPC signed an MoU with GE Gas Power for hydrogen co-firing in gas turbines
- BHEL signed MoUs with Coal India Limited (CIL) and NLC India Limited (NLCIL) for setting up Coal Gasification based plants.
- Coal India Limited (CIL) signed an MoU with Rajasthan Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (RVUNL) for setting up 1190 MW solar power plant in the Bikaner district of Rajasthan.
PM Modi launched several development projects in Karnataka, Maharashtra
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone and inaugurated several projects in the northern districts of Yadgiri, and Kalaburagi (Karnataka), and Maharashtra.
- Modi laid the foundation stone and inaugurate various developmental projects related to irrigation, drinking water, and a National Highway development project at Kodeka in the Yadgiri district.
- The project, which costs more than ₹ 2,050 crore, will provide potable water to about 2.3 lakh households of more than 700 rural habitations and three towns in the Yadgiri district.
- Modi also inaugurated Narayanpur Left Bank Canal – Extension Renovation and Modernisation Project (NLBC-ERM). The project, with canal carrying capacity of 10,000 cusecs, can irrigate 4.5 lakh hectares of command area.
- It will benefit more than three lakh farmers in 560 villages of Kalaburgi, Yadagir and Vijaypur districts. The total cost of the project is about ₹ 4,700 crore.
- PM also laid the foundation stone of the 71 km section of NH-150C. This six-lane Greenfield road project is also part of Surat- Chennai Expressway. It is being built at a cost of more than ₹ 2,100 crore.
- Surat-Chennai Expressway will pass through six states- Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Tamil Nadu. It will reduce the existing route from 1,600 km to 1,270 km.
- He also inaugurated and lay the foundation stone of projects worth around ₹ 38,800 crores in Maharashtra and inaugurated two lines of the Mumbai Metro.
- PM Modi also launched MUMBAI 1 Mobile App and National Common Mobility Card (Mumbai 1). The app will facilitate ease of travel, can be shown at the entry gates of metro stations and supports digital payment to buy tickets through UPI.
PM Modi in News
- PM Modi inaugurated 2nd phase of Saansad Khel Mahakumbh 2022-23 in Basti District of Uttar Pradesh
- PM Modi virtually flagged off the 8th Vande Bharata Express train connecting Secunderabad with Vishakhapatnam.
- PM Modi announced the “Aarogya Maitri” project during the Voice of Global South Summit
- PM Modi inaugurated 26th National Youth Festival at Hubbali in Karnataka
- PM Modi virtually inaugurated the 7th edition of the Global Investors Summit in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
- PM Modi chaired the Annual General Meeting of the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library Society in New Delhi
India and South Korea hold Foreign Policy and Security Dialogue in Seoul
- The 5th Foreign Policy and Security Dialogue between India and South Korea was held in Seoul.
- Both sides agreed to deepen cooperation in areas including trade and investment, security and defense, science and technology, as well as cultural and people-to-people exchanges.
- They agreed to take concrete steps to take bilateral trade to $50 billion by 2030 from current all-time high of $28 billion.
About South Korea
- Capital – Seoul
- Currency – South Korean Won
- Prime Minister – Han Duck-soo
- President – Yoon Seok-youl
India’s 1st School of Logistics, Waterways, and Communication launched
- India’s first School of Logistics, Waterways, and Communication has launched in Agartala, Tripura.
- The Union Minister of Ports, Shipping & Waterways and Ayush, Sarbananda Sonowal, along with Dr. Manik Saha, Chief Minister of Tripura, jointly inaugurated the school.
- Objective – To enable the rich pool of talent in the region to become world-class experts in the transportation and logistics sector.
- It is set up under State Institute of Public Administration and Rural Development.
- It will facilitate in conducting studies/ research, training, workshops/seminars for stakeholders like businesses, exporters, etc.
- Capital – Agartala
- Chief Minister – Manik Sarkar
- Governor – Satyadeo Narain Arya
Hyderabad selected to host WEF Center for the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- The World Economic Forum (WEF) has chosen Hyderabad to set up its Center for the Fourth Industrial Revolution focused on healthcare and life sciences.
- This will be the only centre in India thematically focused on healthcare and life sciences. The announcement was made at the WEF’s annual meeting in Davos.
- The centre will be an autonomous, non-profit organization, leading on policy and governance for healthcare and life sciences. The Telangana government and the World Economic Forum signed a collaboration agreement during the Davos meeting.
- C4IR Telangana is the 18th centre to join the World Economic Forum’s Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) Network, which spans four continents.
- Telangana is known as the vaccine centre of the world and produces one-third of all vaccines produced globally.
- Capital – Hyderabad
- Chief Minister – K. Chandrashekar Rao
- Governor – Tamilisai Soundararajan
41st session of the Network Planning Group (NPG) held in New Delhi
- The Network Planning Group (NPG) was held its 41st session in New Delhi.
- It was chaired by Anil Agrawal, the Special Secretary of Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
- The meeting saw deliberations on a 4 Lane Accessed Controlled Greenfield Highway as part of the Nagpur-Vijaywada corridor and new rail connectivity projects connecting Barejadi Nandej to Sanand in Gujarat, and Barbil, Barsuan and Nayagrah in Odisha
- During the session, it was observed by the NPG that the Ahmedabad Station has been one of the busiest stations on the Western Railway Corridor for freight movement.
- The connectivity to economic nodes in the proposed alignment will help in increasing freight transportation of cement and chemicals which are largely produced in this part of the country.
Banking and Financial
Tamilnad Mercantile Bank won Best Small Bank Award 2022
- Tamilnad Mercantile Bank (TMB) has awarded the Best Small Bank Award 2022 in the ‘Best Banks Survey for the year 2022’, conducted by Business Today-KPMG (BT-KPMG Best banks survey).
- The bank has won the Best Small Bank Award under the category of banks with a book size of less than Rs 1 Lakh crore.
- TMB, MD and CEO Shri S Krishnan has received the awards from Union Minister Nitin Gadkari.
- BT-KPMG is conducting BT-KPMG Best banks survey and awarding the best banks with 37 parameters.
- Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Limited (TMB) was founded in 1921 as the Nadar Bank, later it was changed to Tamilnad Mercantile Bank in 1962.
- Banker’s Bank of the Year Award 2022 for the India segment – Canara Bank
- Federal Bank Literary Award 2023 – Writer K Venu for Oranweshananthinte Katha’.
- 71st annual Miss Universe pageant – R’Bonney Gabriel (USA)
- Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award – Thiru Kumar Nadesan
- Patangrao Kadam award – Adar Poonawalla
Appointment and Resignation
Nick Walker appointed as CEO of Vedanta’s Cairn Oil & Gas
- Nick Walker has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Vedanta’s Cairn Oil & Gas, with effect from 5 January 2023.
- Before this appointment, Walker was president and CEO at Lundin Energy, a large European independent E&P companies.
- He has previously worked with BP, Talisman Energy and Africa Oil and has 30 years of international experience in technical, commercial and executive leadership roles.
- Chief Economist of OECD – Clare Lombardelli (UK)
- CEO of Cognizant – Ravi Kumar
- Director of Meta’s Global Business Group in India – Vikas Purohit
- Chairman of the Senior Men’s National Selection Committee – Chetan Sharma
- Chairman of Gem and Jewellery Domestic Council – Saiyam Mehra
- Vice chairman of Gem and Jewellery Domestic Council – Rajesh Rokde
Vietnam President Nguyen Xuan Phuc announced his resignation
- Vietnam President Nguyen Xuan Phuc has announced his resignation amid the ongoing anti-corruption drive.
- Earlier, two deputy prime ministers who served under President Phuc had quit.
- The anti-corruption drive has led to several ministers being fired in Vietnam.
- Phuc, a former Prime Minister, held the post of president since 2021.
- He had served as Prime Minister of Vietnam from 2016 until April 2021.
- Capital- Hanoi
- Currency- Vietnamese dong
- Prime Minister – Pham Minh Chinh
Jacinda Ardern resigns as Prime Minister of New Zealand
- Prime Minister of New Zealand Jacinda Ardern will step down on 7 Feb’23.
- Ardern doesn’t have the energy or inspiration to seek re-election later this year. Ardern will not also contest general elections set for 14 October.
- The ruling Party will vote for a new leader, the party leader will be the Prime Minister until the next general election.
- Ardern, 42, became the youngest female head of government in the world when she was elected prime minister in 2017, at the age of 37.
- A year later, she became the second elected world leader to ever give birth while in office, following Pakistan’s Benazir Bhutto in 1990.
- During her time in office, she successfully navigated the country through the Covid-19 pandemic and its ensuing recession, the Christchurch mosque shootings, and the White Island volcanic eruption.
About New Zealand
- Capital – Wellington
- Currency – Dollar
‘Naanera’ bagged ‘Golden Kailasha’ award in Ajanta-Ellora film festival
- “Naanera”, a Rajasthani film directed by Deepankar Prakash, bagged the ‘Golden Kailasha’ award for the best movie at the 8th edition of the Ajanta-Ellora film festival.
- “Naanera” also bagged awards for best director, best screenplay, and best editor.
- The best picture award, announced by FIPRESCI India jury N Vidyashakar, included a trophy and a cash prize of Rs one lakh.
- Best Actress: Akshatha Pandavapura
- Best Actor: Jeetu Kamal (Bengali film: Aparajito)
- UN-Habitat’s World Habitat Awards 2023 for Jaga Mission – Odisha state
- Wharton-QS Reimagine Education Awards 2022 – IIT Madras
- Atal Samman Award – Prabhu Chandra Mishra
- First KR Gouri Amma national award – Aleida Guevara
- BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2022 award – Beth Mead (England)
Army organized ‘Sainya Ranakshetram 2.0’ Seminar-cum-workshop
- The second edition of “SAINYA RANAKSHETRAM 2.0” has organized by the Indian Army under the aegis of HQ Army Training Command from October 2022 to January 2023.
- Objective – To seek solutions to operational cyber challenges and to jump-start and telescope the development time for innovative solutions in the field of Cyber Security.
- The prize winners of the event were felicitated by Gen Manoj Pande, Chief of the Army Staff during a virtual function.
- The Cyber Threat Seminar cum Workshop has facilitated engagement with the intrinsic talent at levels of individuals, academia and organizations leading to the identification of suitable talent in the field of Cyber Security both within the Defence forces and in the civil academia.
- The identified talent can further be utilized for focused engagement resulting in fast-track development of cyber security tools and techniques.
Laxman Rawat clinched NSCI Snooker Open Crown
- Laxman Rawat of the Petroleum Sports Promotion Board (PSPB) has defeated Aditya Mehta (his fellow PSPB challenger) by 9-6 to win the final of the ‘Baulkline’ NSCI All India Snooker Open 2023.
- Rawat had finished as the runner-up in the previous edition of the tournament, losing to Sourav Kothari in the final.
- This win marked Rawat’s first major title after 2-3 years.
- Cash prize – Rs 3 lakh (winner) & Rs 1.5 lakh (Runner-up)
About NSCI Snooker Open Crown
- The NSCI Snooker Open Crown is a snooker tournament organized by the National Sports Club of India (NSCI).
- The tournament is open to players from all over India and features a best-of-17-frame final.
- The tournament is considered as a major title in Indian snooker and the champion of the tournament is awarded the NSCI Snooker Open Crown.
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2023 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2023
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|