Daily Current Affairs 21st and 22nd January 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2023 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2023.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
Egypt president Abdel Fattah El Sisi to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations
- Egypt President Abdel Fattah El Sisi will be the chief guest at Republic Day celebrations.
- This is for the first time that the president of Egypt has been invited as chief guest on our Republic Day 2023.
- A 180-member strong military contingent from the Egyptian army will also participate in the Republic Day parade.
- President el-Sisi is scheduled to visit India from 24 January to 26 January, during which he will hold wide-ranging talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, attend the Republic Day celebrations and interact with the business community.
- The Egyptian president previously visited India in October 2015 to participate in the third India-Africa Forum Summit, which was followed by a state visit in September 2016.
- A commemorative stamp marking 75 years of diplomatic ties between India and Egypt will be released during his visit.
- Capital- Cairo
- Currency- Egyptian pound
- Continent – Africa, Asia
- President – Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
India’s deepest metro station to be built at Pune Civil Court
- The Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation (MahaMetro) has announced that the Commissioner of Metro Railway Safety (CMRS) will inspect a stretch of the Pune Metro in February, and clearances are expected in March.
- This line features India’s deepest underground station, which will be ready in a few months at the Civil Court and measures 33.1 metres (108.59 feet) in depth.
- It will be used as an interchange facility for an underground station on the Pimpri-Chinchwad-Swargate route and one elevated route on Vanaz-Ramwadi route and Hinjewadi-Shivajinagar line.
- This underground station’s ceiling is 95 feet high and was constructed to receive direct sunshine or natural light.
- It is also the largest station in the Pune Metro network, spanning 11.17 acres and featuring various access and exit locations.
- Capital – Mumbai
- Chief Minister – Eknath Sindhe
- Governor – Bhagat Singh Koshyari
G20’s First Environment and Climate Sustainability Working Group Meeting to be held in Bengaluru
- The first G-20 Environment meeting under the G-20 India Presidency will be held at the Taj West End in Bengaluru during 9 -11 February 2023.
- It has scheduled four meetings of the Environment and Climate Sustainability Working Group (ECSWG), which will be hosted by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
- The G-20 Working Group will focus on Arresting Land Degradation Restoration of Degraded Lands and Enhancement of Biodiversity.
- It will put specific emphasis on the restoration of areas affected by Forest Fire and Mining.
- India will chair the G-20 for one year till 30 November 2023.
G20 in News
- As part of the G-20 presidency, a Business-20 (B-20) inception meeting will be organized at Gandhinagar in Gujarat from 22- 24 January 2023.
- Think-20 meeting under the G-20 begins at the Kushabhau Thackeray International Convention Center in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh (MP).
- IISc Bengaluru will serve as the secretariat for Science 20 (S20), one of the G20’s multiple groupings.
- First G-20 meeting to take place in Puducherry on Jan 31
- G20 Foreign Ministers to meet in New Delhi in March 2023
- Anurag Singh Thakur launched the themes of the Y20 summit, logo, and website in New Delhi.
- First meeting of the Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion Working Group of G20 begins in Kolkata.
- G20’s first Infrastructure Working Group meeting to be held in Pune from 16th-17th January 2023.
Odisha CM inaugurated ‘International Craft Summit’
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has inaugurated an ‘International Craft Summit’ in Jajpur, Odisha.
- This first-of-its-kind craft summit features pioneering craftspeople, culture, and art enthusiasts.
- International delegates from 15 countries have arrived in Jajpur to engage with local artisans and other stakeholders.
- Four UN agencies and five UNESCO Creative Cities have partnered with the District to realize this ambitious and forward-looking event on behalf of the State Government.
- Capital – Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
- Governor – Ganeshi Lal
Global Fire Power Index 2023: India ranked 4th; topped by US
- Global Firepower Index is a rating of the military forces of all countries on the planet. The Index ranks the countries based on their potential military strength.
- India is ranked fourth in the index. The Global Firepower Index ranked 145 countries.
- The most powerful country in the world is the United States of America, followed by Russia, China, and India.
- Turkey has once again emerged as the most powerful country in the Middle East and North African region. Turkey has been placed at the 11th position in the global ranking.
- Egypt is ranked 14th and Iran is ranked 17th in the global ranking. Egypt is ranked as the most powerful Arab country in terms of its military power.
- Saudi Arabia emerged as the most powerful country among the Gulf Cooperation Council countries and Saudi Arabia has the second most powerful military among the Arab countries. It is placed at the 22nd position in the global ranking.
- Algeria is the most powerful of the North African countries, ranking 26th on the global index. While Lebanon has been described as the weakest country in the Middle East.
- Top 10 Countries on Global Power Index 2023
- United Kingdom
- South Korea
- Henley Passport Index 2023: India ranked 85th; topped by Japan
- List of best Cuisines of the World by Taste Atlas – India ranked 5th; topped by Italy
- Social Progress Index 2022: Puducherry best-performing States; Jharkhand and Bihar scored the lowest
- Global Food Security Index (GFSI) 2022: India ranked 68th; topped by Finland
- Global ranking in scientific publications paper – India ranked 3rd, topped by China
Pakistan is South Asia’s weakest economy: World Bank report
- World Bank forecast Pakistan’s economic growth to slow further to two percent during 2023.
- This will mark a drop of two percentage points from its June 2022 estimates, according to the World Bank’s Global Economic Prospects report.
- The reason behind this is unprecedented floods, depleting forex reserves, food shortages, and poverty.
- It forecast Pakistan’s GDP growth rate to improve to 3.2% in 2024, which would be lower than earlier estimate of 4.2%.
About World Bank
- Founded – 1944
- Headquarters – Washington Dc
- President – David Malpass
- MD & CFO – Anshula Kant
- Chief Economist – Carman Reinhart
- Executive Director – Rajesh Khullar
- Member Countries -189
- World Bank Group – 5 (IBRD, IDA, IFC, MIGA and ICSID)
Brand Guardianship Index 2023: Mukesh Ambani No1 among Indians
- Reliance Industries Chairman and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani has been ranked second globally and top among Indians in Brand Guardianship Index 2023, compiled by Brand Finance.
- The Brand Guardianship Index is a global recognition of CEOs, who are building business value in a sustainable manner, by balancing the needs of all stakeholders – employees, investors, and the wider society.
- The Brand Guardianship Index 2023 saw the rise of Nvidia CEO, Jensen Huang, and Mukesh Ambani of Reliance to 1st and 2nd position, respectively. They both now rank above last year’s leader Microsoft’s Satya Nadella, who now sits in the 3rd place.
- He is also the 9th richest person in the world, as per the Bloomberg Billionaire Index.
- Ambani has ranked ahead of global majors like Satya Nadella of Microsoft, Google’s Sundar Pichai, Apple’s Tim Cook and Tencent’s Huateng Ma, and fellow Indians such as N Chandrasekaran of Tata Group, Anand Mahindra, Sunil Bharti Mittal, among many others.
Banking and Financial
LIC launched Jeevan Azad limited premium payment plan
- The Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India has launched Jeevan Azad (Plan No. 868) to offer an attractive combination of protection and savings.
- It is a limited-period premium payment plan that offers financial support for the family in case of unfortunate death of the life assured during the policy term.
- If the LIC policyholder survives the maturity term, then the plan offers a guaranteed base sum-assured amount.
- The minimum age of entry is 90 days completed and the maximum age at entry is 50 years.
Recent Facilities Launched by Banks
- SBI launched e-Bank Guarantee facility in association with NeSL
- Bajaj Allianz launched Respect Senior Care Rider
- ICICI Bank launched digital solutions for exporters
- Indian Bank launched its flagship programme ‘MSME Prerana ‘in Rajasthan
- IDFC FIRST Bank has launched ZERO Fee Banking on savings accounts
Appointment and Resignation
Praveen Sharma appointed as Director of National Health Authority
- Praveen Sharma has been appointed as the Director of the National Health Authority (Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission) under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- Sharma has been appointed to the post under the Central Staffing Scheme for a period of five years.
- He is a 2005 batch Indian Defense Service of Engineers (IDSE) officer.
National Health Authority (NHA)
- National Health Authority (NHA) is the apex body responsible for implementing India’s flagship public health insurance/assurance scheme called Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
- The National Health Authority implements India’s public health insurance scheme called Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY).
- NHA was established to implement PM-JAY at the national level.
- CEO of Vedanta’s Cairn Oil & Gas – Nick Walker
- Chief Economist of OECD – Clare Lombardelli (UK)
- CEO of Cognizant – Ravi Kumar
- Director of Meta’s Global Business Group in India – Vikas Purohit
- Chairman of the Senior Men’s National Selection Committee – Chetan Sharma
Aruna Miller becomes Maryland’s first Indian-American Lt. Governor
- Aruna Miller has become the first Indian-American politician to be sworn in as the Lieutenant Governor in the state of Maryland, USA.
- She is a former delegate to the Maryland House and became the 10th Lieutenant Governor of the Maryland state.
- While new Governor Wes Moore became Maryland’s 63rd governor, the state’s first and the country’s only current Black chief executive
- The Lieutenant Governor is the state’s highest official following the Governor and assumes the role when the Governor is out of state or incapacitated.
- First LGBTQ woman of colour city council in the US state of California – Janani Ramachandran
- First minister of the new Ministry of Indigenous People in Brazil – Sonia Guajajara
- First woman president of Indian Olympic Association – PT Usha
- First woman officer to be posted at BRO – Captain Surbhi Jakhmola
- First woman chief secretary of Telangana – Santhi Kumari
- First female Sikh judge in US – Manpreet Monica Singh
Goa Manohar International Airport wins Best Sustainable Greenfield Airport Award
- A subsidiary of GMR Airports Infrastructure, GMR Goa International Airport (GGIAL) has won the ‘Best Sustainable Greenfield Airport’ award under aviation sustainability and environment at ASSOCHAM’s 14th International Conference-cum-Awards for Civil Aviation 2023.
- The award was presented for “outstanding initiatives” taken by Goa International Airport Limited (GGIAL) in implementing sustainability.
- The criteria of awards are contribution, innovativeness, applicability, relevance and impact potential in their respective areas.
- Goa Manohar International Airport was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 11 December 2022.
IIT Madras developed Indigenous Mobile Operating System ‘BharOS’
- IIT Madras incubated firm has developed an Indigenous Mobile Operating Shystem named ‘BharOS’.
- The OS is claimed to be a significant contribution towards ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ and is said to offer a secure environment for users.
- BharOS has been developed by JandK Operations Private Limited (JandKops) – a non-profit organization established by IIT Madras Pravartak Technologies Foundation.
- The Foundation is funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, under its National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NMICPS).
- BharOS provides access to trusted apps from organization-specific Private App Store Services (PASS). A PASS provides access to a curated list of apps that have been thoroughly screened and have met certain security and privacy standards of organizations.
- This means users can be confident that the apps they are installing are safe to use and have been checked for any potential security vulnerabilities or privacy concerns.
- At present, BharOS services are being provided to organizations that have stringent privacy and security requirements, and whose users handle sensitive information and require access to private cloud services through private 5G networks.
- Director of IIT Madras – Prof. V. Kamakoti
Hashim Amla announced retirement from all forms of cricket
- South Africa cricketer Hashim Amla has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.
- He last played for Surrey in the County Championship 2022 and helped them win the title as well.
- The right-handed batter had already retired from international cricket after the World Cup in 2019.
- Hashim Amla, South Africa’s second-highest Test run-scorer of all time.
- He scored 9282 runs in 124 Tests, second only to Jacques Kallis, hit 27 ODI hundreds, and scored a total of 18672 runs in all formats for South Africa.
- He became the first and only South African batsman to score a triple century in Test Cricket.
Recently Retired Players
- Hugo Lloris – International football – France
- Gareth Bale – International football – Wales
- Sania Mirza – International Tennis – India
- Farhaan Behardien – International Cricket – South Africa
- Karim Benzema – International football – France
- Ben Stokes – One Day International Cricket – England
- Dinesh Ramdin – International Cricket – West Indies
- Tamim Iqbal – T20 International – Bangladesh
- Lendl Simmons – International Cricket – West Indies
- Eoin Morgan – International Cricket – England
21 January – Foundation Day of Manipur, Meghalaya and Tripura
- The Statehood Day of Manipur, Meghalaya, and Tripura is celebrated on January 21.
- This year marks the 51st foundation year for the three states which attained statehood under the North Eastern Areas (Reorganization) Act of 1971.
- Manipur became a part of India from 15 October 1949 after the merger treaty on 21 September 1949. Manipur was made a Union Territory in 1956.
- Tripura was a princely state until its merger with the Indian Union on 15 November 1949. After the death of Bir Bikram Singh, the last Maharaja of Tripura on 17 May 1947, Maharani Kanchan Prabha (wife of Maharaja Bir Bikram) represented the state of Tripura and merged it with India.
- The rulers of the Garo and Khasi regions acceded to the Indian Union in the year 1947. Meghalaya was created as an autonomous state within Assam under the Assam Reorganization (Meghalaya) Act of 1969.
19 January – National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) Day
- 18th National Disaster Response Force day is celebrated on 19 January 2023 by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF).
- It was formed in the year 2006 under the Disaster Management Act of 2005.
- It plays a crucial role in the country’s disaster management and community awareness for Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR).
- NDRF at present consists of 12 Battalions.
- These battalions are located at 16 different locations on the basis of the vulnerability profile.
- The NDRF is the primary agency responsible for conducting rescue operations during disasters like drowning, building collapses, landslides, devastating floods, earthquakes, and cyclones.
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2023 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2023
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|