Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 21st and 22nd October 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
India and France hold Military Sub Committee meeting in New Delhi.
- The 21st edition of the India-France Military Sub Committee (MSC) meeting was held at Air Force Station, New Delhi.
- The both sides discussed ties focused on new initiatives under the ambit of existing bilateral defence cooperation mechanisms and strengthening ongoing defence engagements.
- The meeting was co-chaired from the Indian side by Air Vice Marshal Ashish Vohra, Assistant Chief of Integrated Staff, (Military Cooperation) at HQ IDS and Major General Eric Peltier, General Officer, International Military Relations of the Joint Staff from the French side.
- The both sides discussed ties focused on new initiatives under the ambit of existing bilateral defence cooperation mechanisms and strengthening ongoing defence engagements.
- India-France MSC is a forum established to progress defence cooperation between both nations through regular talks at strategic and operational levels between HQ, Integrated Defence Staff and the Joint Staff HQ of French Armed Forces.
S Jaishankar unveils Rabindranath Tagore’s bust in Vietnam
- India and Vietnam, two countries with deep-rooted historical connections dating back almost two millennia, have been forging an enduring bond rooted in Buddhism. This relationship has been further solidified by literary exchanges and cultural influences.
- In a recent diplomatic gesture, India’s EAM S. Jaishankar has inaugurated a bust of Nobel Laureate writer and poet Rabindranath Tagore in Bac Ninh city, symbolizing the historical and cultural ties between the two nations.
- The historical and cultural connections between India and Vietnam, enriched by the introduction of Buddhism, literary exchange, and the influence of Rabindranath Tagore, continue to strengthen the bond between these two nations.
- The inauguration of Tagore’s bust in Bac Ninh City stands as a testament to the enduring relationship and mutual respect that both countries share, fostering a brighter future for their diplomatic and cultural ties.
- Capital- Hanoi
- Currency- Vietnamese dong
- Prime Minister – Pham Minh Chinh
- President – Vo Van Thuong
‘Project Nilgiri Tahr’ launched in Tamil Nadu
- Ten months after the announcement, the Tamil Nadu government has launched an exclusive project for the conservation of Nilgiri Tahr, the state animal that once inhabited a large portion of the biodiversity-rich Western Ghats.
- Chief Minister M K Stalin unveiled a plaque and distributed books to school students to create awareness about Nilgiri Tahr, which has found rich mention in Tamil Sangam literature such as Chilapathikaram and Civaka Chintamani, and depicted in the Late Mesolithic (10,000-4,000 BC) paintings.
- The scheme, which will be implemented at a cost of Rs 25.14 crore, will have nine components including bi-annual synchronized surveys across the divisions, tranquilization, collaring, and monitoring of Tahr individuals, re-introduction and monitoring of Nilgiri Tahr, Shola Grassland restoration pilot in Upper Bhavani, and eco-tourism programmes.
- The project also aims to restore the original habitat of Nilgiri Tahr and will attempt to re-introduce the species in some of those areas where Nilgiri Tahr originally lived.
- It is classified as a critically endangered species in the IUCN red list of threatened species and is protected under schedule-I of the Wildlife (Protection) Act of India, 1972.
- Historically, Nilgiri Tahr was known to inhabit a large portion of the Western Ghats but today it remains restricted to a few scattered habitat patches in Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
- In the past few decades, Nilgiri Tahr has become locally extinct in around 14 percent of its traditional shola-grassland habitat. The synchronized surveys to estimate the numbers of Nilgiri Tahr will be done through radio collaring.
About Tamil Nadu
- Formation – 26 January 1950
- Capital – Chennai
- Chief Minister – M K Stalin
- Governor – R N Ravi
5th edition of Dehradun Literature Festival set to host in Dehradun
- The 5th edition of the Dehradun Literature Festival (DDLF) was announced during a press conference. The festival is to witness confluence of Literature, Culture and cinema.
- The literary extravagance is all set to be hosted from the 27th to 29th of October at two venues in the city – Doon International School (Riverside Campus) and Hyatt Regency Dehradun Resort & Spa in Dehradun.
- Back in time, when literature festivals had started all over the country, Dehradun still did not have its own literary platform to bind the whole community.
- Being a newly born state and the educational capital of the country, a forum where exposure can be built for our student community was the need of the day. So, in 2017, DDLF was born, and in a short span, we have become a festival that is a common property not just of the Dehradun community but of all the citizens of Uttarakhand.
- The highlight of this year’s DDLF will be the association with the recognized Agatha Christie Festival, which has recently concluded in the United Kingdom.
- The festival will be sending a representative, Dr. Mark Aldridge (author and Agatha Christie expert), to DDLF, marking its first presence at any literary gathering in India.
PM Modi inaugurated ‘Namo Bharat’ RRTS train
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has flagged off ‘Namo Bharat’, India’s first semi-high-speed regional rail service in Uttar Pradesh.
- The ‘Namo Bharat’ train connecting Sahibabad and Duhai Depot stations in Uttar Pradesh. This marks the launch of the Regional Rapid Train Service (RRTS) in India.
- Namo Bharat’ is a transformational” regional development initiative, which is designed to provide high-speed trains for intercity commuting.
- In the first phase of the RRTS, Namo Bharat trains will link several parts of Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, and Rajasthan.
- The full 82-km stretch between Delhi and Meerut will be complete within the next 1-1.5 years.
- The 17-km priority section of the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor will open for passengers. The priority section, between Sahibabad and Duhai Depot, has five stations — Sahibabad, Ghaziabad, Guldhar, Duhai and Duhai Depot. The entire system will have 24 stations between Delhi and Meerut.
- RRTS trains prioritize passenger comfort with features like overhead storage, Wi-Fi, and charging options at each seat. Moreover, there will be a premium-class car with spacious seating, ample legroom, and coat hangers.
- CCTV cameras, an emergency door-opening mechanism and a button to communicate with a train operator are among the safety features of this train.
- The Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut corridor is being developed at a cost of more than Rs 30,000 crore and will connect Delhi to Meerut with a travel time of less than an hour through urban centres of Ghaziabad, Muradnagar, and Modinagar.
J&K adopts “Whole of Government” approach in governance
- Dr Jitendra Singh has addressed the 6th Capacity Building Program for Officers of J&K Administrative Services organized by National Centre for Good Governance in New Delhi.
- The Minister asked the officers to identify the schemes having commonality and adopt an integrated approach of execution of schemes for better efficiency and result, benefitting the common man.
- Noting that there is a change in the demography of central and state civil services due to the advent of technology even in the rural and remote areas and the democratization of resources.
- The toppers in the central civil services are increasingly from states such as Punjab, Haryana, and Jammu and Kashmir, owing to these twin factors.
Andhra govt launched a doubt clearance app for school students
- The Andhra Pradesh School Education Department has launched a doubt clearance bot (app) for government school students to offer a comprehensive educational experience.
- It is Developed by ConveGenius, the bot is meant to clarify doubts beyond school hours in the disciplines of physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, English, and TOEFL preparation.
- The doubt clearance bot application will be installed on all the tablets (tabs) supplied to teachers and students and interactive flat panels.
About Andhra Pradesh
- Capital – Amaravati
- Chief Minister – YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
- Governor – Abdul Nazeer
President Murmu appoints new governors of Odisha, Tripura
- President Droupadi Murmu has appointed Raghubar Das as Governor of Odisha, and Indra Sena Reddy Nallu as Governor of Tripura.
- Raghubar Das has been appointed as the 26th governor of Odisha. He will succeed Ganeshi Lal as the new governor of Odisha.
- Das is a former Chief Minister of Jharkhand, belonging to the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). He has also served as the president of the Jharkhand BJP twice.
- Indra Sena Reddy Nallu is a national secretary of the BJP and has thrice served as an MLA in Andhra Pradesh. He is a BJP leader from Bihar and has previously served as a Governor of Haryana.
- Currently, Satyadev Narayan Arya is serving as the 19th governor of Tripura.
- Capital – Agartala
- Chief Minister – Manik Sarkar
- Governor – Indra Sena Reddy Nallu (20th)
- Capital – Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
- Governor – Raghubar Das (26th)
Sanjay Kr Jain appointed CMD of IRCTC
- Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS) officer Sanjay Kumar Jain has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC).
- After the recommendation of Search-Cum-Selection Committee (SCSC), his appointment to this post was approved. The post of CMD has been vacant since January 2021, after the retirement of Mahendra Pratap Maal.
- Jain, an IRTS officer of the 1990 batch, was serving as the Principal Chief Commercial Manager in Northern Railway.
- Prior to this, he served as the Joint Secretary of the Department of Public Enterprises, Government of India.
- CMD of Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd (HUDCO) – Sanjay Kulshreshtha
- International Dairy Federation (IDF) Board – Dr Meenesh Shah
- Finance Director of Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA) – Dr. Bijay Kumar Mohanty
- National president of the Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (IACC) – Pankaj Bohra
- Chairman of Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) – Navneet Munot (replace A Balasubramanian)
ICAI received UN Award for its contribution to sustainability reporting
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has bagged a prestigious UN Award 2023 for its contribution to sustainability reporting.
- The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) honored ICAI during the 8th World Investment Forum for its contributions to sustainability reporting.
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India’s (ICAI) sustainability initiatives received the highest score amongst 70 initiatives received from around the world.
- UNCTAD was announced as the winner of the sixth edition of ISAR Honours during the 8th World Investment Forum in Abu Dhabi.
- Dalip Singh Saund Award for Political Leadership -Raja Krishnamoorthi
- Cambrian Patrol 2023 military exercise in UK – Indian Army won gold medal
- Girls Leading Change by US First Lady Jill Biden – Indian American Gitanjali Rao
- World’s Best Employers 2023 in Forbes World’s Best Employers list 2023 – NTPC Ltd
- Satyajit Ray Lifetime Film Award at 54th IFFI – Michael Douglas
- Best Asian TV Series at Busan International FF – Hansal Mehta’s newsroom drama series Scoop
Gujarat’s Dhordo awarded UNWTO’s Best Tourism Village 2023
- Dhordo, a village located in the Kutch district of Gujarat, known for its annual Rann Utsav has been bestowed with the title ‘Best Tourism Village’ by the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
- A total of 26 villages around the globe have earned the accolades this year for “nurturing rural areas and preserving landscapes, cultural diversity, local values, and culinary traditions.”
- The list includes villages in Austria, Portugal, Turkiye, Hungary, Indonesia, Egypt, and China. Dhordo is the only village selected from India.
- Best Tourism Villages by UNWTO recognizes outstanding rural tourism destinations with accredited cultural and natural assets, a commitment to preserving community-based values, and a clear commitment to innovation and sustainability across economic, social, and environmental dimensions.
- Launched in 2021, the Best Tourism Villages by UNWTO initiative is part of the UNWTO Tourism for Rural Development Programme.
- The Programme works to foster development and inclusion in rural areas, combat depopulation, advance innovation and value chain integration through tourism and
- This year, 54 villages from all regions were selected from almost 260 applications. A further 20 villages have joined the Upgrade Programme, and all 74 villages are now part of the UNWTO Best Tourism Villages Network.
- The villages were named during the UNWTO General Assembly, taking place this week in Samarkand, Uzbekistan.
- Capital- Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister- Bhupendra Rajnikant Patel
- Governor- Acharya Devvrat
Defence Ministry signs contract with Cochin Shipyard Limited
- The Ministry of Defence has signed a contract with the state-owned Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) for mid-life upgrade and re-powering of the advanced guided missile frigate INS Beas at a cost of ₹313.42 crore.
- INS Beas is the first Brahmaputra Class Frigate to be re-powered from steam to diesel propulsion.
- After completion of the mid-life upgrade and re-powering in 2026, INS Beas will join the active fleet of the Indian Navy with a modernized weapon suite and upgraded combat capability.
- The transformative maiden re-powering project marks a significant stride in the maintenance philosophy of the Indian Navy and the repair capabilities of CSL.
- INS Beas, the third of the Brahmaputra Class guided missile frigate, was commissioned into the Indian Navy way back in July 2005, after it was built at the Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd.
- The project, to inject new life into the warship, would involve more than 50 MSMEs and lead to the generation of employment for more than 3,500 personnel.
21 October – National Police Commemoration Day
- National Police Commemoration Day is marked every year on October 21 to commemorate the police officers who have sacrificed their lives in the course of service.
- Police Commemoration Day is also observed as Martyr’s Day in all police forces across India.
- It was in 1960 that an Annual Conference of Inspectors General of Police of States and Union Territories was organised to observe October 21 as the National Police Commemoration Day.
- The day is set to honour the Bravehearts who protect the citizens of the country and are responsible for the enforcement of law and order.
- A national-level Police Commemoration Day parade has been organized since 2012 at the Police War Memorial in Chanakyapuri, New Delhi.
- The day has been dedicated to the India-China conflict, when the Chinese troops opened fire at the Indian police force in Ladakh on October 21, 1959.
- In the conflict, 10 of our heroic warriors sacrificed their lives while defending our borders at the hot springs in Aksai Chin in Ladakh. Seven others also suffered injuries.
20 October – International Chef’s Day
- International Chefs Day is celebrated every year on 20 October, paying tribute to the art and science of cooking.
- This day, introduced by the late chef Dr. Bill Gallagher in 2004, serves as a platform to honor the contributions of chefs across the globe.
- Theme 2023 – Growing A Healthy Future
Former CEC Dr. Manohar Singh Gill passed away
- Former Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) of India and Congress leader Manohar Singh Gill died at the age of 86.
- As a valued colleague in the UPA Govt and earlier as a civil servant, his contributions to the development of the nation in varied fields like sports, electoral processes, and agriculture was long-lasting
- M.S. Gill was the 11th Chief Election Commissioner of India
- Gill, a Punjab cadre Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer, served as the CEC between December 1996 and June 2001.
- Later, he entered the Rajya Sabha as a Congress member and was made the union sports minister in 2008. He is survived by his wife and three daughters.
- Gill was awarded the Padma Vibhushan in the year 2000 for his exceptional and distinguished services as a civil servant.
Join Best test series for Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|