Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 22nd June 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
NHAI launches ‘Knowledge Sharing Platform’ for development of Highways
- The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has launched a Knowledge Sharing Platform for inclusive development of National Highways.
- This initiative will help the authority to collaborate with experts and citizens who want to share knowledge and insights related to topics such as road design, construction, road safety, environment sustainability and related fields.
- The platform will encourage sharing of best practices from around the world and will contribute towards holistic development of the National Highway infrastructure in the country.
UP to host country’s 1st MotoGP event in September
- The Uttar Pradesh government announced that the Buddh International circuit in Greater Noida will host India’s first MotoGP racing event on 22 and 23 September.
- The high-end racing machines in the adventurous championship will enhance the reputation of ‘Brand UP’.
- The development marks the return of a big-ticket motorsport event in the country after Formula 1’s departure in 2013.
- In September last year, top officials from MotoGP visited India to sign a seven-year agreement (MoU) with Indian race promoters Fairstreet Sports (FSS), which has the same rights on behalf of MotoGP in India.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
Rajasthan govt approves Rs 13.48 crore for promoting religious tourism
- The Rajasthan government has sanctioned Rs 13.48 crore to promote religious tourism at Nagaur, Jaisalmer, and Alwar regions of the state.
- The state government has been continuously working to promote religious tourism and develop various facilities for pilgrims at these places.
- Under the initiative, Rs 3.10 crore has been sanctioned for Butati in Nagaur district, Rs 1.65 crore for Ghatveshwar Mahadev Temple, Rs 1.61 crore for Harmal Das Ji Maharaj Temple and Rs 1.36 crore for improving facilities at Dargah Hazrat Samman Badi Khat
- CM Ashok Gehlot announced the allocation of funds for development works at religious places in the 2023-24 State Budget.
- Capital – Jaipur
- Chief Minister – Ashok Gehlot
- Governor – Kalraj Mishra
Cabinet approves Micron’s $2.7 bn semiconductor packaging plant
- The Indian cabinet has given its approval to Micron Technology’s plan to invest $2.7 billion in setting up a semiconductor testing and packaging unit in Gujarat.
- The government will provide production-linked incentives worth Rs 11,000 crore ($1.34 billion) for the semiconductor plant.
- This investment is expected to boost India’s semiconductor industry and aligns with Prime Minister Modi’s vision of making India a global hub for semiconductor production.
- The new facility is anticipated to create jobs and enhance India’s capabilities in the sector, contributing to its digital ambitions and self-reliance in advanced technologies.
- Capital- Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister- Bhupendra Rajnikant Patel
- Governor- Acharya Devvrat
Nitin Gadkari inaugurates 4 National Highway projects in Haryana
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of 4 National Highway projects at Sonepat, Karnal, and Ambala in Haryana.
- The construction of 11 flyovers on 8-lane National Highway 44 from Delhi to Panipat in Sonepat at a cost of Rs 890 crore with a total length of 24 km will provide better connectivity to the economic nodes of Haryana, Punjab, and Jammu and Kashmir.
- The construction of national highways, Karnal Greenfield 35 km 6-lane Ring Road at a cost of Rs 1690 crore is not just a road but will become the lifeline for the development and prosperity of the region in times to come.
- Gadkari also Inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of 2 NH projects worth Rs 1255 Crore in Ambala, Haryana.
- Capital – Chandigarh
- Chief Minister – Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor – Bandaru Dattatreya
Estonia becomes 1st Baltic nation to legalize same-sex marriage
- Estonia’s parliament approved a law legalizing same-sex marriage, making it the first central European country to do so.
- The law will come into effect in 2024.
- The bill received 55 votes in the 101-seat parliament, from the coalition of liberal and social democratic parties.
- 53 percent of the population supported same-sex marriage in a 2023 poll by the Centre for Human Rights.
- Same-sex marriage is legal in much of Western Europe but not in central European countries which were once under communist rule and members of the Moscow-led Warsaw Pact alliance but now members of NATO and, largely, the EU.
- Capital- Tallinn
- Currency – Euro
- Official language- Estonian
- Prime minister- Kaja Kallas
Himalayan Glaciers on Track to Lose up to 75% of Ice by 2100: Report
- According to a new report, Glaciers in Asia’s Hindu Kush Himalaya could lose up to 75 percent of their volume by the century’s end due to global warming.
- Global warming is causing dangerous flooding and water shortages for the 240 million people who live in the mountainous region.
- A team of international scientists has found that ice loss in the region, home to the famous peaks of Everest and K2, is speeding up.
- During the 2010s, the glaciers shed as much as 65 percent of ice, which was faster than they had in the preceding decade, according to the assessment by the Kathmandu-based International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD).
- The Hindu Kush Himalaya stretches 3,500 km (2,175 miles) across Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Myanmar, Nepal and Pakistan. At 1.5 degrees Celsius or 2 degrees Celsius of warming above pre-industrial temperatures, glaciers across the entire region will lose 30 percent to 50 percent of their volume by 2100.
Europe is world’s fastest-warming continent: climate report
- Europe should brace for more deadly heatwaves driven by climate change, said a sweeping report, noting the world’s fastest-warming continent was some 2.3 degrees Celsius hotter last year.
- Crop-withering drought, record sea-surface temperatures, and unprecedented glacier melt are among the consequences laid out in a report by the WMO and the EU’s Copernicus Climate Change Service.
- Since the 1980s, Europe has been warming twice the global average and witnessed its warmest summer on record last year as countries like France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom faced their warmest year on record.
- Since the mid-1800s, the world has warmed at an average of around 1.2C, leading to a devastating cascade of extreme weather, which includes more severe droughts in a few areas, more intense heatwaves and storms which will be made more ferocious by rising seas.
Appointment and Resignation
Senior IAS officer Amit Agrawal assumes charge as CEO of UIDAI
- Senior IAS officer Amit Agrawal has assumed the charge as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
- He is an officer of the 1993 IAS batch from the Chhattisgarh cadre.
- A graduate from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, he held several important positions both at the Centre and states of Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh.
- Prior to joining UIDAI as CEO, he was Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
- First Muslim woman federal judge in US history – Nusrat Chowdhary
- Chief of Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) – Ravi Sinha (replace Samant Kumar Goel)
- MD of of Indraprastha Gas Ltd (IGL) – Kamal Kishore Chatiwal (replace Sanjay Kumar)
- Director (Personnel) of NHPC Ltd – Uttam Lal
- Marketing Director of GAIL – Sanjay Kumar
Hasmukh Adhia appointed as Chairman of GIFT City
- Senior retired bureaucrat and former Union Finance Secretary & Revenue Secretary, Hasmukh Adhia has been appointed Chairman of GIFT City Ltd.
- Adhia replaces Sudhir Mankad, former chief secretary of Gujarat.
- The entity responsible for developing India’s first smart city Gujarat International Finance-Tec City in Gandhinagar.
- Besides GIFT City, Adhia has also been appointed Director and Chairman of the boards of State public sector undertakings Gujarat Alkalies & Chemicals Ltd (GACL) and Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation Ltd (GMDC) with immediate effect.
- Adhia, a Gujarat cadre IAS officer of the 1981 batch, currently serves as an advisor to the Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel.
- At present Adhia is a non-executive Chairman of Bank of Baroda, and also the Chancellor of Central University of Gujarat.
- He serves as a member of the Board of Governors of the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.
- He also serves as Vice-President in Gujarat Energy Research and Management Institute (GERMI) and Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gandhinagar.
- CMD of NMDC Steel Limited – Amitava Mukherjee (reappointment)
- Director General of the National Testing Agency (NTA) – Subodh Kumar Singh
- Chair-elect of IATA’s Board of Governors – Pieter Elbers
- CMD of Director of Container Corporation of India Ltd (CONCOR) – Sanjay Swarup
- Chairman of The Hindu Group – Nirmala Laxman (replace Malini Parthasarathy)
BEL receives orders worth Rs 5900 crore for Akash Missiles
- Bharat Electronics (BEL) has received orders worth Rs 5,900 crore, of which Rs 3,914 crore of orders are from the Akash Prime Weapon System.
- BEL received a work order for 2 regiments of Improved Akash Weapon System (AWS) with upgrades from Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL), another defence PSU, for a value of Rs 3,914 crores.
- Akash is an all-weather, point/area air-defense weapon system for defending vulnerable points/areas against threats emanating from low, medium and high altitudes. The system uses high-mobility vehicles for mobile application.
- The improvements incorporated include high altitude operation, simultaneous engagement of multiple threats over 360 degrees, missiles fitted with RF Seeker and reduced footprint.
Indian Army takes delivery of Mahindra Armado armoured vehicle
- Mahindra Defence Systems has started delivering ‘Armado,’ an Armoured Light Specialist Vehicle (ALSV), built specifically for the Indian armed forces.
- The Mahindra ‘Armado’ Armored Light Specialist Vehicle (ALSV) is a light armoured specialist vehicle built for use by military and defence forces.
- The modular type vehicle allows for efficient maintenance and can be upgraded or configured in the field for a wide variety of operational roles. The ALSV offers ballistic protection up to B7, STANAG Level ll.
- The ALSV provides protected mobility at the front, side, and rear as per STANAG Level I Ballistics and Blast for four crew members with battle load with ample stowage space for arms and ammunition inside the crew compartment and additional 400 kgs cargo load-carrying capacity. It can also be upgradable up to STANAG – II Ballistics.
- The Mahindra Armado makes use of a 3.2-litre diesel engine that makes 215 hp power and comes with an automatic transmission. It gets standard 4X4 with front and rear differential locks with 1,000 kg payload capacity, self-recovery winch, and a high travel all-wheel independent suspension with central type inflation system.
- The Aramado has a maximum speed of 120 kmph and can accelerate from 0 to 60 kmph in 12 seconds. It has a 30-degree gradability with parking brake holding capacity in full GVW, along with 50 km run-flat system on all five wheels.
India beat Bangladesh to win Women’s Emerging Asia Cup 2023
- The India U-23 women’s team won the 2023 Women’s Emerging Asia Cup T20 title after defeating Bangladesh in the final held at the Mission Round Ground in Hong Kong.
- India’s Kanika Ahuja was named the Player of the Match, who stayed not out on 30 off 23 with four fours in the final.
- While India’s Shreyanka Patil was named the Player of the Series, as she was the highest-wicket taker.
- India has scored 127 for the loss of seven wickets in 20 overs.
22 June – World Rainforest Day
- World Rainforest Day is observed every year on 22 June.
- Objective – To raise awareness about the importance of rainforests, their biodiversity and the urgent need for their preservation.
- Theme 2023 – Conserve Restore Regenerate.
- The roots of World Rainforest Day can be traced back to 2017 when the Rainforest Partnership, a non-profit environmental organization based in Austin, Texas, launched the global event.
- This initiative was aimed at raising awareness about the importance of rainforests and their invaluable contributions to the planet.
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2023 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|