Daily Current Affairs 25th January 2023 Daily GK Update
Daily current affairs are extremely important for competitive exams because they help candidates stay updated on the latest events and developments in the world. This knowledge is essential for answering questions in the general awareness or current affairs section of the exam, which is often included in many competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, Bank Exams, etc. Additionally, having a good understanding of current affairs can also help candidates in other sections of the exam, such as reasoning, English, and quantitative aptitude. In short, staying updated on current affairs is crucial for performing well in competitive exams and increasing the chances of success.
First meeting of the Youth 20 Group will be held in Guwahati
- The first meeting of the Youth-20 Group will be held in Guwahati from 6-8 February, 2023.
- The Youth 20 (Y20) Summit is being hosted by India for the first time on the sidelines of the G20 Summit.
- This is the first of several meetings to be held in India on five Youth20 themes in the run-up to the Youth-20 Summit.
- The meeting will focus on five themes of the Future of Work – climate change and disaster risk reduction, peacebuilding and reconciliation, democracy and youth in health, well-being and sport.
G20 in News (Note – All Meetings are Under the Presidency of G20 by India)
- First Meeting of the Youth-20 Group – Guwahati (6 – 8 February 2023)
- First G-20 Environment Meeting – Bengaluru (9 -11 February 2023)
- Business-20 (B-20) Inception Meeting – Gandhinagar (22- 24 January 2023)
- Think-20 Meeting – Bhopal (16 – 17 January 2023)
- Secretariat for Science 20 (S20) Meeting – IISc Bengaluru
- First G-20 Meeting – Puducherry (31 January 2023)
International Trade Fair on Millets organized in Bengaluru
- The 4th International Trade Fair of Millets and Organics Products has been organized in
- The 3-day fair was organized by the Department of Agriculture and Government of Karnataka.
- The trade fair is a platform for farmers, farmer groups, domestic and international companies, central and state institutions in the organic and millet sector to connect and explore opportunities in agriculture, horticulture, processing, machinery and agri-technology.
- The Government of Karnataka has been a leader in the promotion of millets – The first Organics and Millets Fair was held in 2017, the second and third editions in 2018 and 2019 in Bengaluru.
- India is leading among countries to celebrate 2023 as the International Year of Millets.
- Capital – Bengaluru
- Chief Minister –Basavaraj Bommai
- Governor – Thawar Chand Gehlot
Sports Ministry forms oversight committee to probe allegations in WFI
- Sports Ministry has formed an Oversight Committee to enquire into the allegations of sexual misconduct and financial irregularities in the Wrestling Federation of India (WFI), leveled by prominent sportspersons.
- The Committee will be headed by Khel Ratna Awardee M C Mary Kom and other members include Yogeshwar Dutt and Trupti Murgunde.
- The Oversight Committee will complete the enquiry in four weeks and till then, WFI President [Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh] will step aside from the day-to-day functioning and he has assured to cooperate in the investigation.
- Government formed Committee to protect Ladakh culture, language & employment – MoS for Home Affairs Nityanand Rai
- CJI constituted committee to conduct accessibility audit of SC premises – SC Judge S Ravindra Bhat.
- Centre constituted a panel for Higher Educational Institutions – Dr. K. Radhakrishnan
- Government formed 5-member committee to review Pharma marketing practices – V K Paul
- SEBI reconstituted 21 members Market Data Advisory Committee (MDAC) – M S Sahoo
- SEBI restructured Secondary Market Advisory Committee (SMAC)- Gurumoorthy Mahalingam
MSME Ministry organized National SC-ST Hub Conclave in Mumbai
- Union Minister of MSME, Narayan Rane has inaugurated a day-long National SC-ST Hub Conclave in Mumbai.
- The National conclave has been organized by the Union Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises, to spread awareness of the National SC-ST Hub (NSSH) and other schemes of the MSME Ministry.
- The Hub supports entrepreneurs of the SC and ST communities in capacity building, finance facilitation, and tender bid participation.
Lt Governor R K Mathur launched ULPIN in Ladakh
- Ladakh Lieutenant Governor R K Mathur has launched the Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN) in Leh.
- The 14-digit ULPIN would help in the digitization of land records and also reach a conclusive land titling.
- The UPLIN scheme will prove beneficial in numerous ways, including settling and expediting land-related disputes in court and addressing legacy issues such as putting a check on any unwanted change in land revenue records.
Jharkhand government launched water conservation scheme for farmers
- Jharkhand government has launched a water conservation scheme with an outlay of Rs 467.32 crore to benefit farmers who faced drought in 2022.
- Under the scheme, 2,133 ponds will be renovated and 2,795 percolation tanks will be constructed in all the blocks of 24 districts of the state.
- Foundation stone for renovation work of 71 ponds and 184 percolation tanks was also laid on the occasion.
- The objective of this scheme is to provide water to the drought-affected farmers of the state for irrigation purpose.
- The state government received 31.33 lakh applications from drought-hit farmers and 8.5 lakhs of them have so far been given financial aid.
- Capital – Ranchi
- Chief Minister – Hemant Soren
- Governor – Ramesh Bais
AIF inaugurated India’s first STEM innovation centre in Chennai
- The American India Foundation (AIF) has inaugurated India’s first STEM Innovation and Learning Center (SILC) in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- STEM Innovation and Learning Center is inaugurated under the scheme of Vanavil Mandram at the Government Higher Secondary School, MMDA Colony, Chennai.
- The Centre will introduce students to a transdisciplinary learning approach through robotics, Al, Space Technology, and the STEM Incubation workstation.
- AIF’s award-winning flagship education program- Digital Equalizer has designed the Centre to be a one-stop solution for STEM among students and teachers.
About Tamil Nadu
- Capital – Chennai
- Chief Minister – M K Stalin
- Governor – R N Ravi
ESAF Finance Bank won Inclusive Finance India Awards 2022
- ESAF Small Finance Bank has won the prestigious Inclusive Finance India Awards 2022.
- It was awarded for its contributions to advancing the goal of financial inclusion and supporting inclusive growth.
- The bank received the award from Anantha Nageshwaran, Chief Economic Advisor at the 19th Inclusive Finance India Summit held in New Delhi.
- The Inclusive Finance India Awards is an initiative of ACCESS Development Services constituted in 2009 in partnership with HSBC India.
- This award is a recognition of ESAF’s unique spectrum of Financial Inclusion projects ESAF Dhansree, ESAF Udyog Jyothi, LSEDP (Local Sustainable Economic Development Project), ESAF Balajyothi, ESAF Vayojyothi, and ESAF Garshom.
About ESAF Small Finance Bank
- Founded- 10 March 2017
- Founders- Paul Thomas, Mereena Paul, Jacob Samuel
- Headquarters– Thrissur, Kerala
- MD & CEO – Paul Thomas K
- Banker’s Bank of the Year Award 2022 for the India segment – Canara Bank
- Best Small Bank Award 2022 – Tamilnad Mercantile Bank
- Federal Bank Literary Award 2023 – Writer K Venu for Oranweshananthinte Katha’.
- Gaja Capital Business Book Prize 2022 – Harish Damodaran
- Most distinguished scientist of the year 2022 – R Vishnu Prassad
Govt announced Subhash Chandra Bose Disaster Management Award 2023
- Odisha State Disaster Management Authority (OSDMA) and Lunglei Fire Station (LFS) Mizoram selected for Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar-2023 for excellence in disaster management for the year 2023.
- Odisha State Disaster Management Authority (OSDMA) was established in 1999 after the huge cyclone tragedy in Odisha.
- OSDMA had worked effectively during various cyclones like Hudhud (2014), Fani (2019), Amphan (2020) and Odisha flood (2020).
- Lunglei Fire Station efficiently and effectively controlled the massive fire that broke out in the uninhabited forest areas surrounding Lunglei town on 24 April 2021.
- The personnel deployed at Lunglei Fire Station worked tirelessly for more than 32 hours to douse the fire with the help of local citizens, during which they motivated and trained them to douse the fire on the spot.
About Subhash Chandra Bose Disaster Management Award
- The Government of India under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi has instituted an annual award known as Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar to recognize and honour the invaluable contribution and selfless service rendered by individuals and organizations in India in the field of disaster management.
- The award is announced every year on 23rd January, the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
- The award carries a cash prize of Rs. 51 lakh and a certificate in case of an institution and Rs. 5 lakh and a certificate in case of an individual.
- Pt Hariprasad Chaurasia Lifetime Achievement Award – Dr. Prabha Atre
- Golden Kailasha award at 8th Ajanta-Ellora FF – Naanera (Rajasthani film)
- Federal Bank Literary Award 2023 – Writer K Venu for Oranweshananthinte Katha’.
- 71st annual Miss Universe pageant – R’Bonney Gabriel (USA)
- Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award – Thiru Kumar Nadesan
President Murmu conferred Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar
- President Droupadi Murmu conferred Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
- The awards have been conferred upon 11 children for their exceptional achievement in six categories, which include Art, Culture, Bravery, Innovation, Social Service, and Sports.
- Each awardee has received a medal, a cash prize of one lakh rupees, and a certificate from the President.
- Of the 11 children selected for the prestigious award, there are 6 boys and 5 girls belonging to 11 States and UTs.
- In 2021, as many as 32 kids were conferred with prestigious award for their excelling performance in creativity, athletics, arts, community service, scholarship and bravery.
Indian Air Force (IAF) to conduct ‘PRALAY’ exercise in Northeast
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) will carry out Exercise Pralay involving all its major air bases in the northeast including the recently moved drone squadrons in the northeast amid the ongoing standoff with China.
- The exercise will include a variety of platforms, such as C-130J ‘Super Hercules’ aircraft, Chinook heavy-lift and Apache attack helicopters.
- The Indian Air Force has deployed and activated the S-400 air defence squadron in the area which can take on any enemy aircraft or missile from a distance of up to 400 km.
- The exercise will be conducted in preparation for another Air Force exercise named ‘Eastern Akash’, an annual command-level exercise, to be held in first week of February.
- The Indian Navy organized mega biennial tri-services amphibious ‘exercise AMPHEX 2023’ near Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh.
- Indian Army and Egyptian Army have commenced Exercise Cyclone-I, the first-ever joint exercise between their special forces at Jaisalmer in Rajasthan.
- The 21st edition of the bilateral naval exercise between India and France titled ‘Varuna’ began on the western seaboard.
- Indian Air Force (IAF) and Japanese Air Self Defence Force (JASDF) will conduct their first Air exercise “Veer Guardian 23” from January 16 to 26 at Hyakuri air base and Iruma air base in Japan.
- 16th edition of India & Nepal Joint Training Excercise Surya Kiran begins in Saljhandi, Nepal
FIH signed an MoU with JSP Foundation for hockey development
- The International Hockey Federation (FIH) has partnered with JSP Foundation for Hockey Development and Men’s World Cup in Jan 2023.
- FIH will be working closely with JSP Foundation for some of its key initiatives for hockey development.
- The partnership will also see the JSP Foundation coming onboard the ongoing FIH Odisha Hockey Men’s World Cup 2023 Bhubaneswar-Rourkela as a global partner.
About International Hockey Federation (FIH)
- Founded- 7 January 1924, Paris, France
- Founder- Paul Léautey
- Headquarters- Lausanne, Switzerland
- CEO- Thierry Weil
- President- Tayyab Ikram (Macau)
- Motto- Fair Play Friendship Forever
Sports Ministry holds its 1st Mission Olympic Cell meet outside Delhi
- The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS) has organized its first Mission Olympic Cell (MOC) meeting outside Delhi in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- The MOC members met to discuss the major agenda of India’s Olympic program and proposals for the Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS) athletes.
- Normally, MOC members visit Delhi every month to discuss agenda related to TOPS.
- The Indian men’s and women’s hockey teams are the only teams that are funded under MYAS’s TOPS Scheme and get an annual expenditure of Rs 24 cr under Sports Authority of India’s (SAI) Annual Calendar for Training and Competitions (ACTC) scheme.
About Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS)
- It was created in July 2014 under the auspices of the National Sports Development Fund (NSDF) with the objective of identifying and preparing potential medal prospects for the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- It is a flagship program of the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
25 January – National Voter’s Day
- India celebrates National Voters Day every year on January 25.
- Objective -To encourage each and every vote in the country to participate in the electoral process.
- Theme 2023 – Nothing Like Voting, I Vote For Sure
- The country marked its first-ever National Voters Day in 2011. The idea behind the celebration was to encourage more young voters to take part in the electoral process.
- The Union government back then, under the leadership of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, approved a proposal of the law ministry to this end.
24 January – Foundation Day of Uttar Pradesh
- Foundation Day of Uttar Pradesh State is celebrated every year on 24 January.
- The initiative to celebrate ‘Uttar Pradesh Day’ was taken by the then Governor Ram Naik and this event is celebrated every year since 2018.
- The main theme of the ‘Uttar Pradesh Day’ 2023 is ‘Investment and Employment’ this year.
- The state-level event on ‘Uttar Pradesh Day’ has been organized in ‘Awadh Shilp Gram’, Lucknow, and ‘Noida Shilp Gram’,
- Earlier, Uttar Pradesh was known as United Provinces. However, on January 24, 1950, it was recognized as Uttar Pradesh.
24 January – International Education Day
- International Day of Education is celebrated every year on 24 January to spread awareness about education globally and to make education accessible to all.
- Theme 2023 – To Invest in People, Prioritise Education
- This year is the fourth edition of International Education Day.
- It was announced by the United Nations General Assembly on 3 December 2018 to celebrate International Education Day on 24 January every year.
- Recently, UNESCO has decided to dedicate the International Day of Education for the year 2023 to Afghan girls and women.
- While National Education Day in India is celebrated every year on 11 November.
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2023 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2023
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|