Daily Current Affairs 28th November 2022 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2022 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
Odisha launched Anemia eradication programme ‘AMLAN’
- Odisha Chief Minsiter Naveen Patnaik has launched AMLAN (Anemia Mukta Lakhya Abhiyan) programme.
- It is a multi-departmental campaign to reduce anemia or hemoglobin deficiency in the state.
- The health and family welfare, school and mass education, women and child development, mission Shakti, and ST and SC development departments will jointly roll out the initiative in 55,000 government and government-aided schools besides 74000 anganwadis.
- It will benefit about 1.37 crore people, including pregnant women, lactating mothers, women of reproductive age group, adolescents and children.
- Capital – Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
- Governor – Ganeshi Lal
India’s unemployment rate eased to 7.2% in July-September 2022
- According to NSO 16th Periodic Labour Force Survey, The unemployment rate for persons aged 15 years and above in urban areas has declined to 2 percent during July-September 2022 from 9.8 percent a year ago.
- The unemployment rate was high in July-September 2021 mainly due to the staggering impact of Covid-related restrictions in the country.
- The unemployment rate for persons aged 15 years and above in April-June 2022 was 7.6 percent in urban areas.
Udaipur to host first G20 Sherpa Meeting in India
- The City of Lakes, Udaipur will host the first G20 Sherpa Meeting in India from 4 to 7 December.
- The meeting is aimed at fostering growth and building bonds amongst the twenty nations.
- The G20 Sherpa meeting is expected to be held at Darbar Hall at the City Palace Udaipur.
- The Sherpa Meeting of the G20 Summit is a preliminary meeting of the government representatives before the main G20 Summit.
- The Sherpa’s are the personal emissaries of the leaders of the members of the G-20 group. The G-20 Sherpa meeting will be presided by the Indian Sherpa Amitabh Kant.
- India will formally assume the presidency of the G-20 on 1 December 2022. India as a host nation will set the agenda of the G-20 summit meeting to be held in September 2023 in New Delhi.
Tata Consumer Products to acquire Bisleri for about 7,000 crore
- Tata Consumer Products is set to acquire India’s largest packaged drinking water company, Bisleri, for an estimated Rs 6,000-7,000 crore.
- Chairman Ramesh Chauhan is aiming to disinvest Bisleri International to Tata Consumer Products three decades after selling soft drink brands Thums Up, Gold Spot, and Limca to Coca-Cola.
- The Indian bottled water market was valued at over USD 2.43 billion (around Rs 19,315 crores) in FY2021, said a report from market research and advisory TechSci Research.
- Originally an Italian brand, Bisleri was acquired by the Chauhans in 1969. The company has 122 operational plants in the country.
- Tata Consumer Products Founded – 1962
Banking and Financial
IDFC First Bank launched sticker-based debit card
- IDFC First Bank has launched a sticker-based debit card named FIRSTAP.
- The launch is in association with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to facilitate transactions by simply tapping the sticker on a Near Field Communication (NFC) enabled point-of-sale terminal.
- This IDFC FIRST Bank Sticker debit card has a complimentary personal accidental cover, round-the-clock concierge services, and a variety of RuPay offers.
- Objective – To facilitate transactions by simply tapping the sticker on a Near Field Communication (NFC) enabled point-of-sale terminal.
- The sticker-based debit card is one-third the size of a regular debit card.
- This card comes with a complimentary personal accidental cover and 24/7 concierge services.
About IDFC First Bank
- Founded – October 2015
- Headquarters – Mumbai
- MD & CEO – V. Vaidyanathan
Recent Facilities Launched by Banks
- Union Bank of India inaugurated ethical hacking lab
- HDFC Life launched ‘Insure India’ campaign
- HDFC Bank launched SmartHub Vyapar for merchants
- ICICI Bank launched ‘Smart Wire’ facility
- DCB Bank has reintroduced Suraksha Fixed Deposit (FD) as a festive treat for customers.
- LIC launched new ‘Dhan Varsha’ plan
Appointment and Resignation
Gurdeep Randhawa appointed to State Presidium of CDU in Germany
- Indian-origin German citizen Gurdeep Singh Randhawa has been appointed to the Thuringia state Christian Democratic Union (CDU) party presidium in Germany.
- Randhawa has been an active member of the CDU and has served in the party for several years now.
- Earlier in August, Gurdeep Singh Randhawa was elected as the first representative of the Indian community in Germany.
- It is the first time that an Indian-origin German national has been appointed to a state presidium in Germany by the CDU.
- Chairman of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) – T G Sitharam
- CEO of Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC) – Vinit Kumar
- Member of International Committee for Weight and Measures (CIPM) – Venu Gopal Achanta
- Election Commissioner of India – Arun Goel
- Chairman of National Pension System Trust – Suraj Bhan
- Chairman of ONGC – Arun Kumar Singh
Fisheries Ministry announced National Gopal Ratna Awards 2022
- Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairying Ministry has announced the National Gopal Ratna Awards 2022.
- The Award has been given in three categories.
- Best Dairy Farmer Rearing Indigenous Cattle and buffalo Breeds
- Best Artificial Insemination Technician
- Best Dairy Cooperative, Milk Producer Company, Dairy Farmer Producer Organization
- The award consists of a cash prize of 5 lakh rupees for the first rank, 3 lakh rupees for the second rank, and 2 lakh rupees for the third rank.
- National Gopal Ratna Award is one of the highest National Awards in the field of livestock and dairy sector.
Best Dairy Farmer Rearing Indigenous Cattle and buffalo Breeds
- Rank -1 Jitendra Singh, Fatehabad, Haryana
- Rank -2 Ravishankar Shashikant Sahasrabudhe, Pune, Maharashtra
- Rank -3 Goyal Sonalben Naran, Kachchh, Gujarat
Best Artificial Insemination Technician
- Rank -1 Gopal Rana, Balangir, Odisha
- Rank -2 Hari Singh, Ganganagar, Rajasthan
- Rank -3 Maachepalli Basavaiah, Prakasam, Andhra Pradesh
Best Dairy Cooperative, Milk Producer Company, Dairy Farmer Producer Organization
- Rank -1 Mananthavady Ksheerolpadaka Sahakarana Sangam Ltd, Wayanad, Kerala
- Rank -2 Arakere Milk Producers Cooperative Society Ltd, Mandya, Karnataka
- Rank -3 Mannargudi MPCS, Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu
Tamil writer Imayam selected for Kuvempu national award
- Tamil writer and novelist Imayam aka V Annamalai has been selected for the Kuvempu Rashtriya Puraskar 2022.
- The award is instituted in memory of the late Kannada writer Kuvempu.
- The award will be presented to Imayam on Kuvempu’s 118th birth anniversary on December 29.
- Imayam has brought new sensibilities to Tamil literature through his writings. His novels Koveru Kazhudaigal and Pethavan, have been translated into English and several other languages.
- The award carries a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh, a silver medal and a citation.
- Lifetime Achievement Award 2022 by FICCI – Rajendra Pawar
- Prestigious Salesforce Partner Innovation Award 2022 – Prodapt IT service management company
- Economic Times Inspiring Leaders Award 2022 – AP Shreethar
- Partner of the Year 2022 by Procter & Gamble – Matrix Business Services India Pvt. Ltd
- India Film Personality of the Year 2022 at IFFI – Chiranjeevi
- Gandhi Mandela Award 2022 – Dalai Lama
13th bilateral naval exercise Naseem Al Bahr-2022 concluded between India and Oman
- The 13th edition of the bilateral exercise between the Indian navy and the Royal Oman navy Naseem Al Bahr-2022 has been organized on the coast of Oman.
- The exercise is organized in three phases: harbour phase, sea phase and debrief.
- INS Trikand and Sumitra, along with RNO Ships Al Shinas and Al Seeb participated in the sea phase. IN – MPA Dornier, RNO MPA, and shore-based RAFO fighter aircraft Hawks joined the exercise at sea.
- The first IN-RNO exercise was conducted in 1993.
- India-Indonesia joint exercise ‘Garuda Shakti’ kicks off in Karawang, Indonesia
- The 3rd edition of the ‘Pan-India’ Coastal Defence Exercise ‘Sea Vigil-22’ has concluded.
- 18th edition of India-US joint military exercise ‘Yudh Abhyas’ started in Uttrakhand
- India has participated in 26th International Malabar Naval Exercise, organized in Yokosuka of Japan.
- The first edition of the India-Mozambique-Tanzania Trilateral Exercise (IMT TRILAT) concluded at Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
Joint military exercise ‘AUSTRA HIND 22’ starts in Rajasthan between India and Australia
- The bilateral training exercise ‘Austra Hind 22’ between contingents of the Indian Army and the Australian Army starts at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges, Rajasthan.
- The exercise will take place from 28 November to 11 December 2022.
- This is the first exercise in the series of ‘Austra Hind’ with the participation of arms and services contingent from both armies.
- The aim of the exercise is to build positive military relations, imbibe each other’s best practices and promote the ability to operate together while undertaking multi-domain operations in semi-deserts terrain under a UN peace enforcement mandate.
Note: List of Some Other Exercise
- ‘Zayed Talwar 2021’-India and UAE (Navy)
- Sampriti-India and Bangladesh
- Harimau Shakti-India and Malaysia
- Ekuverin-India and Maldives
- Shinyuu Maitri’-India and Japan (Airforce)
- Exercise JIMEX-Indian and Japanese (navies)
Bhukya and Patri won National U-13 badminton titles
- Telangana’s Nishanth Bhukya and Odisha’s Tanvi Patri have won in the boy’s and girls’ singles respectively at the 34th Under-13 National Badminton Championships.
- Fourth-seeded Bhukya came from behind to beat Andhra Pradesh’s Akhil Reddy Boba 19-21, 21-12, 22-20 in 44 minutes whereas Patri took just 22 minutes to brush aside local challenger and 15th-seeded Divyanshi Gautam 21-7, 21-10.
- The event was held at the UP Badminton Academy Lucknow.
Madras Boat Club women’s team won Adyar Trophy 2022
- The Madras Boating Club women’s team has won the 81st Annual Madras-Colombo Rowing Regatta held in Colombo, Sri Lanka. They were conferred the Adyar Trophy.
- The men’s section of the race was won by the Colombo Rowing Club and they were conferred with the Deepam trophy.
- The Madras-Colombo Rowing Regatta is organized by the Madras Boat Club and the Colombo Rowing Club.
- The first-ever Madras-Colombo Regatta was held way back in 1898 and is considered to be the second oldest sporting event next only to Oxford – Cambridge Regatta.
Book and Author
‘India: The Mother of Democracy’ book launched by Dharmendra Pradhan
- Union Education & Skill Development Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has released the book ‘India: The Mother of Democracy’ prepared and published by the Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR) in New Delhi.
- The book is an attempt to showcase the democratic ethos ingrained in India since the dawn of civilization.
- It is shown in this book that since the dawn of civilization, India has been imbued with democratic ethos.
- Now You Breathe – Rakhi Kapoor
- The World: A Family History – Simon Sebag
- Nuclearization of Asia – French author Rene Naba
- Pandemic Disruptions and Odisha’s Lessons in Governance – Rajya Sabha MP Amar Patnaik (Released – Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik)
- The Last Heroes – P Sainath
- Lata: Sur-Gatha (English) – Ira Pande
- Lata: A Life in Music (Hindi) – Yatindra Mishra
26 November – National Milk Day
- National Milk Day is celebrated every year on 26 November.
- It is observed to commemorate the birth anniversary of Dr. Verghese Kurien, the father of India’s White Revolution.
- He is credited with bringing India’s “white revolution.”
- The largest milk producer is India. In honor of the 101st birthday of Dr. Verghese Kurien also known as the Milkman of India and the “Father of the White Revolution in India”.
27 November – National Cadet Corps (NCC) Day
- The National Cadet Corps (NCC) is celebrating the 74th anniversary of its Raising Day on 27 November 2022.
- This largest uniformed youth organization in the world was raised in 1948.
- The day is being celebrated all over the country with cadets participating in march past, cultural activities, and social development programmes.
- The NCC has also been a platform for harnessing international relations for over four decades by sending its cadets as ambassadors of peace and unity to over 25 nations.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|