Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 29th November 2022 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2022 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
FSSAI approved Yak as a ‘food animal’
- The Food Safety and Standard Authority of India (FSSAI) has approved the Himalayan Yak as a ‘food animal’.
- The move is expected to help check decline in the population of the high-altitude bovine animal by making it a part of the conventional milk and meat industry.
- Food Animals are those that are raised and used for food production or consumption by humans.
- As per the latest census carried out in 2019, India has 58,000 yaks which is around 25 percent drop from the last livestock census carried out in 2012.
- Yak milk is highly nutritious, rich in fat, contains essential minerals, and have medicinal value.
Bihar CM launched Har Ghar Gangajal project in Rajgir
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has launched the Har Ghar Gangajal project in Rajgir.
- Objective – To provide Ganga water on tap in the parched areas of the state.
- The scheme will help to harvest the excess water of the Ganga during the monsoon season.
- The water will be stored in reservoirs in Rajgir and Gaya before being channeled to three treatment-and-purification plants.
- Har Ghar Gangajal is part of the Bihar government’s Jal, Jeevan, Hariyali scheme of Bihar government.
- Capital – Patna
- Chief Minister – Nitish Kumar
- Governor – Phagu Chauhan
Bengaluru to host G20 Finance Ministers meeting in Feb 2023
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has announced that Bengaluru will host a meeting of G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors in February 2023.
- She made announcement at the Vananam Startup Inclusivity Summit in Bengaluru.
- She has also encouraged the Startups to utilize this event to showcase their profile to the visiting international guests.
- Different cities in India have been selected to host G-20-related meetings in 2023.
Animal Quarantine Certification Services inaugurated in Bengaluru
- The Union Minister Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Balyan has inaugurated the Animal Quarantine Certification Services (AQCS) at Hessarghata, Bengaluru.
- There are six AQCS in the countries under the Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare. These six AQCS are near International Airports in the city of New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, and Hyderabad.
- The aim of setting up Quarantine Stations is to prevent the spread of dangerous exotic diseases into the country through imported livestock and livestock products.
Recent Inauguration by Union Ministers
- Jitendra Singh announced ‘One Week One Lab’ campaign
- Jitendra Singh launched portal for PM’s Excellence Awards
- RK Singh has launched the Green Energy Open Access portal
- Dharmendra Pradhan released the book ‘India: The Mother of Democracy’
- Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated ‘Baji Rout National Football Tournament
Aero India 2023 to be held from 13-17 Feb 2023 in Bengaluru
- The 14th edition of Aero India, Asia’s largest aero show, will be held at the Yelahanka Air force Station in Karnataka’s Bengaluru from 13-17 February 2023.
- Aero India has been held in February month at Bengaluru since 1996.
- Hindustani Aeronautic Limited (HAL), the nodal agency that organizes defence events in the country, will organize the aero show this year.
- The Defence expo 2022 was held at Gandhinagar, Gujarat in October 2022.
- The last edition of Aero India was limited for business visitors and was not open to the general public.
- The event was also one of the first largest hybrid aero show. Delegation from 43 countries along with 530 companies participated in the event
Railways to export Vande Bharat trains by 2025-26
- The railways will become a major exporter of Vande Bharat trains by 2025-26 to markets in Europe, South America, and East Asia.
- The latest version of the indigenous trains with sleeper coaches will be operational by the first quarter of 2024.
- The railways is also planning to clock 10-12 lakh kilometers on 75 Vande Bharat trains over the next few years, for these to be export ready.
- 100 of the 400 Vande Bharat trains to be manufactured by 2025 will have this technology.
Banking and Financial
S&P cuts India’s growth forecast to 7% for FY23
- S&P Global Ratings has slashed the economic growth forecast of India for the current fiscal year (FY23) to 7% from 7.3%.
- S&P had in September projected the Indian economy to grow 7.3 percent in 2022-23 and 6.5 percent in the next fiscal year (2023-24).
- India’s output will expand 7 percent in the fiscal year 2022-2023 (ending in March 2023) and 6 percent in the next fiscal year, by our estimates.
- Indonesia and the Philippines should both grow at least 5 percent in 2023.
- It projected inflation to average 6.8% in the current fiscal year.
Updated GDP List
- World Bank – 6.5% (FY23), 7.1% (FY24)
- MOODY’S. – 7% (FY23)
- S&P – 7% (FY23), 6% (FY24)
- IMF – 6.8% (FY23), 6.1% (FY24)
- ADB – 7% (FY23), 7.2% (FY24)
- RBI – 7% (FY23)
- India Ratings – 6.9% (FY23)
- FITCH RATING – 7% (FY23), 6.7% (FY24)
- FICCI – 7% (FY23), 6.4% (FY24)
- OECD – 6.6% (FY23), 5.7% (FY24)
- CRISIL – 7% (FY23), 6% (FY24)
- NSO – 8.7%. Q4 – 4.1% (FY23)
- SBI – 6.8% (FY23)
- Morgan Stanley – 7.2% (FY23), 6.4%(FY24)
- Nomura – 7.2% (FY23)
- UNTCAD – 5.7% (FY23)
- Goldman Sachs – 5.9% (FY23)
- UNTCAD – 5.7% (FY23)
Appointment and Resignation
PT Usha set to become first woman President of IOA
- The legendary PT Usha is set to become the first woman President of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) as she emerged as the lone candidate for the top post for the December 10 elections.
- Usha will also become the first Olympian and first international medalist to head the IOA in its 95-year-old history.
- Ajay Patel of the National Rifle Association of India is set to be the Senior Vice-President as he is also the lone candidate for the post.
- 58-year-old Usha, a multiple Asian Games gold medalist and a fourth-place finisher at the 1984 Olympics 400m hurdle final.
- State Presidium of CDU in Germany – Gurdeep Randhawa
- Chairman of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) – T G Sitharam
- CEO of Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC) – Vinit Kumar
- Member of International Committee for Weight and Measures (CIPM) – Venu Gopal Achanta
- Election Commissioner of India – Arun Goel
Avani Lekhara received Para Sports Person of Year 2022 award
- Avani Lekhara has been awarded the Para Sports Person of the Year 2022.
- While Shrey Kadyan was recognized as the Special Sportsperson of the Year at the Turf 2022 and India Sports Awards of FICCI.
- Former Ranji cricketer Sarkar Talwar has been honoured with the Lifetime Achievement of the Year award.
- Odisha was recognized as the best state for promoting sports.
- The All India Chess Federation won the National Sports Federation of the Year Award.
- Kuvempu national award – Tamil writer Imayam aka V Annamalaiss
- Lifetime Achievement Award 2022 by FICCI – Rajendra Pawar awarded
- Prestigious Salesforce Partner Innovation Award 2022 – Prodapt IT service management company
- Economic Times Inspiring Leaders Award 2022 – AP Shreethar
- Partner of the Year 2022 by Procter & Gamble – Matrix Business Services India Pvt. Ltd
Panchayati Raj Ministry won Gold in e-Governance category
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh has presented the national awards for e-governance (NaeG) under five categories to 18 e-governance initiatives in the country.
- The monetary reward for the gold award was Rs 5 lakh and for silver Rs 3 lakh.
- E-Panchayat Mission Mode Project (eGramSwaraj and AuditOnline) of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj has won the Gold Award of the National Awards for e-Governance under the category “Excellence in Government Process Re-engineering for Digital Transformation”.
- Uttar Pradesh’s geology and mining department received a gold award for its ‘Mine Mitra’ portal for transparency under ‘State and UT level initiatives’.
- Jammu and Kashmir’s Srinagar district was awarded gold for its project ‘Gaash’, an e-learning initiative with special emphasis on gamified learning in the age group 12-18 years.
- India Film Personality of the Year 2022 at IFFI – Chiranjeevi
- Gandhi Mandela Award 2022 – Dalai Lama
- Sumitra Charat Ram Award – Uma Sharma
- Gold award at 47th ICQCC-2022 – NTPC team
- Lifetime Achievement Award at 53rd IFFI Goa – Carlos Saura
Purnima Devi Burman honoured with Champions of the Earth award
- Indian wildlife biologist Purnima Devi Barman has been awarded the Champions of the Earth award in the Entrepreneurial vision category.
- The Champions of the Earth is an appreciation for innovative ways implemented by awardees across the world to support nature’s extraordinary capacity for renewal.
- This is the UN’s highest environmental honour.
- She is the founder of the Hargila Army.
- Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna 2022 – Sharath Kamal
- Responsible Tourism Global Award – Kerala Tourism
- UK’s royal Order of Merit – Nobel laureate Venki Ramakrishnan
- Bihari Puraskar – Madhu Kankariya (31st) and Dr. Madhav Hada (32nd)
- Kuldip Nayar Patrakarita Samman Award 2022 – Arfa Sherwani & Ajit Anjum
Indian Navy launched new survey vessel ‘Ikshak’
- The Indian Navy has launched ‘Ikshak’, the third of the four survey vessels (Large) project at Kattupalli, Chennai.
- It is built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers (GRSE).
- The ship has been named ‘Ikshak’ which means ‘Guide’. The ship has been named to signify the contribution of the Survey ships towards facilitating safe passage for Mariners at Sea.
- The Survey Vessel Ships are 110m long, and 16m wide with a deep displacement of 3400 tons and a complement of 231 personnel.
- Propulsion system of the ship consists of two main engines in twin shaft configuration. It is designed with a cruise speed of 14 knots and a maximum speed of 18 knots.
- This will replace the existing Sandhayak Class survey ships with new-generation hydrographic equipment to collect oceanographic data.
Ravina won gold in Youth Men’s and Women’s World Championships
- In boxing, Asian champion Ravina won gold in her final bout as India ended the Youth Men’s and Women’s World Championships with 11 medals in La Nucia, Spain.
- Kirti lost 0-5 to European youth champion Cliona Elizabeth D’Arcy of Ireland in the 81 plus kg category, to settle for a silver.
- India was a dominant force at the event as the 25-member team bagged 11 medals including four gold, three silver and four bronze.
- Overall, 17 Indians had qualified for the quarterfinals of the tournament which was more than any other country in this edition.
- The women pugilists’ total tally of eight medals was the highest among all countries.
28 November – Red Planet Day
- Red Planet Day is observed annually on November 28.
- The fourth planet from the Sun is the Red Planet or Mars.
- It has a very thin atmosphere over a dusty, chilly, desert world. Along with having seasons, polar ice caps, canyons, extinct volcanoes, and evidence that it was once even more active, Mars is a dynamic planet.
- On November 28, Red Planet Day is observed in remembrance of the 1964 NASA launch of Mariner 4, the first spacecraft to land on Mars.
- The spacecraft finally made a fly-by of the red planet on July 14, 1965, after traveling there for nearly eight months.
29 November – International Day of Solidarity with Palestinian People
- International Day of Solidarity with Palestinian People is observed every year on 29 November.
- Objective – To spread more awareness about the issues faced by the Palestinian people along with promoting a peaceful Palestine-Israel resolution.
- Since 1978, the United Nations has commemorated the day as a way to express solidarity with the people of Palestine while the peace and resolution process remains stalled
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|