Daily Current Affairs 2nd December 2022 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2022 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
Haryana government has launched Nirogi Haryana project
- The Haryana government has launched the Nirogi Haryana project across the state.
- The initial phase of the project began in the District Hospital, Sector 6, Panchkula.
- The project was inaugurated by Gian Chand Gupta, Haryana Speaker, and Kulbhushan Goyal, Panchkula Mayor.
- The urban enlisted Antyodaya population would be covered under this scheme. All Antyodaya enlisted families whose income is under 1,80,000 per annum are the beneficiaries for a comprehensive free health check-up followed by required treatment.
- Capital – Chandigarh
- Chief Minister – Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor – Bandaru Dattatreya
Haryana in News
- Haryana CM launched the “CM dashboard”
- Haryana government makes registration of pet dogs mandatory
- The Haryana Forest Department launched “Trees Outside Forests in India (TOFI)”
- Haryana launched awards to promote good governance
India to assume chairmanship of Wassenaar Arrangement on 1 Jan 2023
- India will assume chairmanship of the plenary of the Wassenaar Arrangement for a year on January 1, 2023.
- At the 26th annual plenary of the Wassenaar Arrangement held in Vienna from November 30- December 1, Ireland’s ambassador Eoin O’Leary handed over the chairmanship to India’s ambassador Jaideep Mazumdar.
- India joined the Wassenaar Arrangement on December 08, 2017, as its 42nd participating state.
- WA is a multilateral export control regime, which, through regular information exchange among members on transfers of conventional arms and dual-use goods and technologies, seeks to promote transparency and greater responsibility in such transfers and prevent destabilizing accumulations.
Banking and Financial
YES Bank acquired 9.9 percent stake in JC Flower ARC
- Yes Bank has signed a Share Purchase Agreement (SPA) with JC Flowers Asset Reconstruction Company (ARC), acquiring a 9.9 percent stake in the ARC at Rs 11.43 per share.
- The 9.9% stake represented 12,370,050 equity shares in JC Flowers ARC at ₹11.43 per share.
- Yes Bank’s board has approved the sale of stressed loans worth Rs 48,000 crore to JC Flowers.
- JC Flowers ARC is an asset reconstruction company incorporated on May 06, 2015. As of March 31, 2022, the ARC has a turnover of ₹19.91 crore.
About Yes Bank
- Founded – 2004
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO – Prashant Kumar
- Tagline – Experience our Expertise
India to receive over record $100 billion in remittances in 2022: WB
- According to the World Bank’s Migration and Development brief, remittance flows to India are predicted to increase by 12% to $100 billion in 2022.
- While Mexico is placed second, followed by China, and the Philippines.
- This will help India maintain its top spot.
- The World Bank said the strong growth rate forecast for 2022 was noteworthy given that it came after a surge of 10.2 percent in 2021. Global remittance flows, including advanced economies, are expected to reach $794 billion in 2022.
- Remittances to low and middle-income countries increased by about 5 percent to over $626 billion in 2022.
- Remittances to India were enhanced by wage hikes and a strong labor market in the United States and other OECD countries.
About World Bank
- Founded – 1944
- Headquarters – Washington Dc
- President – David Malpass
- MD & CFO – Anshula Kant
- Chief Economist – Carman Reinhart
- Executive Director – Rajesh Khullar
- Member Countries -189
- World Bank Group – 5 (IBRD, IDA, IFC, MIGA and ICSID)
YES Bank partnered with Turtlefin to create tech platform ‘EasyNsure’
- YES Bank has partnered with TurtleFin (India’s insurtech platform) to develop ‘EasyNsure’, a complete technological platform.
- Turtlefin’s innovative API will enable the platform to provide a slew of holistic insurance solutions at the push of a button.
- EasyNsure: It is a first-of-its-kind proposition for YES Bank, that will bring multiple insurance partners onto a single platform.
- The EasyNsure platform is now operational, with over 40 Life and General Insurance plans (as of November 2022) readily available for review.
- So far, the platform has generated over 30,000 insurance quotes, including over 6,500 proposals and 5,200 policies. This has resulted in a total premium of INR 6,050 lakh for the platform.
About Yes Bank
- Founded – 2004
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO – Prashant Kumar
- Tagline – Experience our Expertise
- Tata Power Solar Systems partnered with Union Bank of India to help MSME sector
- Federal Bank partnered with JCB India to finance heavy equipment buyers
- IFSCA signed MoU with the Reserve Bank of India for collaboration in the field of regulation
- NIIFL signed an agreement with JBIC to boost Japanese investments in India
- SIDBI signed an MoU with Bureau of Energy Efficiency to finance green MSMEs
Appointment and Resignation
Sanjay Malhotra appointed as new Revenue Secretary
- Senior bureaucrat Sanjay Malhotra has been appointed as the secretary in the Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance.
- He replaced Tarun Bajaj, who superannuated on November 30.
- A 1990-batch Indian Administrative Services (IAS) officer of the Rajasthan cadre, Sanjay Malhotra was working as an officer on special duty (OSD) in the revenue department since October this year.
- Sanjay Malhotra takes over as the top bureaucrat in the revenue department at a time when the government is preparing for the Union Budget 2023-24 to be tabled in Parliament on February 1.
- Revenue Secretary – Sanjay Malhotra
- National Security Advisors – Ajit Doval
- Cabinet Secretary- Rajiv Gauba
- Home Secretary- Ajay Kumar Bhalaa
Sanjay Kumar appointed as secretary of Department of School Education
- AS Sanjay Kumar has been appointed as Secretary of the Department of School Education & Literacy.
- He replaced Anita Karwal IAS upon her superannuation on November 30, 2022.
- He is a 1990-batch Bihar cadre IAS officer and was a former Secretary, of the Department of Youth Affairs, Ministry of Youth Affairs, and Sports.
- Finance Secretary – T V Somanathan
- Defence Secretary- Aramane Giridhar
- Foreign Secretary- Vinay Mohan Kwarta
- Solicitor General – Tushar Mehta
3 Indian-origin women scientists among Australia’s “Superstars Of STEM”
- 3 Indian-origin women Neelima Kadiyala, Dr. Ana Baburamani, and Dr. Indrani Mukherjee have been selected as Australia’s Superstars of STEM 2022.
- Kadiyala is an IT Program Manager at Challenger Limited and has over 15 years of experience delivering extensive transformation programmes across multiple industries, including Financial Services, Government, Telco, and FMCG.
- Baburamani is a scientific advisor in the Department of Defence – Science and Technology Group and has always been fascinated by how the brain grows and works.
- Mukherjee is a deep-time geologist at the University of Tasmania and focuses on what drove that biological transition.
What is Australia’s ‘Superstars of STEM’?
- Every year Science and Technology Australia (STA), which is the country’s peak body in the sector and represents more than 1,05,000 scientists and technologists, supports 60 Australian experts employed in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) to become highly visible media and public role models.
- ICFT-UNESCO Gandhi Medal at IFFI 53 – Iranian film ‘Nargesi’
- 41st IITF 2022 – Ministry of Health
- Champions of the Earth award – Purnima Devi Burman
- Para Sports Person of the Year 2022 – Avani Lekhara
- Gold in e-Governance category – Panchayati Raj Ministry
- Kuvempu national award – Tamil writer Imayam aka V Annamalaiss
ICG Advanced Light Helicopter Mk-III commissioned in Chennai
- Indian Coast Guard Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) Mk-III squadron has been commissioned by DG VS Pathaniaon at ICG Air Station, Chennai.
- The commissioning of 840 Sqn (CG) is indicative of the leap towards self-reliance in the field of helicopter manufacturing, in line with the government’s vision of ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’.
- A total of 16 ALH Mk-III aircraft have been inducted into the Indian Coast Guard in a phased manner and four of these aircraft are positioned in Chennai.
- The ALH Mk-III helicopters, are indigenously manufactured by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
- It will provide a major fillip to the abilities of Indian Coast Guard in the security-sensitive waters off Tamil Nadu and Andhra region.
Joint HADR Exercise ‘Samanvay 2022’ concluded in Agra
- The Annual Joint Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) Exercise ‘Samanvay 2022’ has been conducted at Air Force Station, Agra.
- It is an annual joint multi-agency exercise involving various stakeholders from India and representatives from the Association of Southeast Asian Nations.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh was the chief guest of the ceremony.
- A joint military exercise between India-Malaysia “Harimau Shakti-2022” has been started at Pulai Klang in Malaysia
- The 13th edition of the bilateral exercise between the Indian navy and the Royal Oman navy Naseem Al Bahr-2022 organized on the coast of Oman.
- India-Indonesia joint exercise ‘Garuda Shakti’ kicks off in Karawang, Indonesia
- The 3rd edition of the ‘Pan-India’ Coastal Defence Exercise ‘Sea Vigil-22’ has concluded.
- 18th edition of India-US joint military exercise ‘Yudh Abhyas’ started in Uttrakhand
Stephanie Frappart becomes 1st female referee at men’s FIFA World Cup
- Stephanie Frappart of France has become the first woman to referee a men’s FIFA World Cup match.
- France’s Frappart is one of three women referees among the 36 selected for the tournament in Qatar, alongside Rwandan official Salima Mukansanga and Japan’s Yoshimi Yamashita
- She officiated the match to be played between Germany and Costa Rica in Group E.
- The FIFA World Cup 2022 started on November 20 in Qatar. This is the first time that football’s biggest tournament is taking place in the Middle East. A total of 32 teams took part in the FIFA World Cup 2022.
Nagaland celebrated 60th statehood day
- Nagaland celebrated its 60th statehood day on 1 December 2022.
- It became the 16th State of the Union of India on 1st December 1963.
- On the occasion, Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio launched ‘SAHYOG project’ of Nagaland Police and also flagged off Nagaland Police Special Operation Group Vehicles.
- A framework agreement was signed between the Centre and the Nationalist Socialist Council of Nagalim (Isak-Muivah) in 2015 after over 80 rounds of negotiations since a ceasefire pact was sealed in 1997 to solve the decades-old problem.
- Nagaland has also hosted the 23rd Hornbill Festival 2022 at Naga Heritage Village Kisama from 1 st-10th December 2022.
2 December – National Pollution Control Day
- National Pollution Control Day is observed every year on 2 December.
- Objective – To raise awareness about pollution control measures and the prevention of industrial disasters.
- The day is especially observed in the memory of people who lost their lives in the Bhopal gas tragedy of 1984.
2 December – World Computer Literacy Day
- World Computer Literacy Day is celebrated every year on December 2.
- Objective – To encourage digital literacy across all cultures and communities worldwide.
- The day, which has been observed on December 2 each year since 2001, promotes technological skills amongst groups that have traditionally had limited access to computers, especially children and women.
- Theme 2022 – Literacy for human-centered recovery: Narrowing the digital divide.
Former Chinese president Jiang Zemin passes away
- Former President of China Jiang Zemin passed away recently at the age of 96.
- He was the Communist Party general secretary for 13 years.
- Jiang Zemin was a Chinese politician who served as general secretary of the Chinese Communist Party from 1989 to 2002.
- He also served as chairman of the Central Military Commission from 1989 to 2004, and as president of China from 1993 to 2003.
- He was appointed the president after the Tiananmen Square protests.
- As the general secretary, he has guided China’s rise to global economic power as he welcomed capitalists into the Communist Party.
- He had also helped pulling in foreign investment after China joined the WTO.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|