Daily Current Affairs 30th March 2023 Daily GK Update
Daily current affairs are extremely important for competitive exams because they help candidates stay updated on the latest events and developments in the world. This knowledge is essential for answering questions in the general awareness or current affairs section of the exam, which is often included in many competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, Bank Exams, etc. Additionally, having a good understanding of current affairs can also help candidates in other sections of the exam, such as reasoning, English, and quantitative aptitude. In short, staying updated on current affairs is crucial for performing well in competitive exams and increasing the chances of success.
Second G20 Sherpas meeting begins at Kumarakom in Kerala
- The second Sherpa meeting of the G20 Summit under India’s Presidency began at the idyllic village of Kumarakom in Kerala from March 30 to April 2, 2023.
- Over 120 delegates from G20 member nations are participating in the event being chaired by India’s Sherpa Amitabh Kant.
- The meeting will bring together nine invitee countries and various international and regional organizations.
- During the four-day meeting, the delegates will hold multi-lateral discussions on G20’s economic and developmental priorities, besides addressing contemporary global challenges.
- The focus will be both on policy approaches and concrete implementation.
G20 in News (Note – All Meetings are Under the Presidency of G20 by India)
- G20 Business Summit 2023 – Kohima, Nagaland (5 April 2023)
- 2nd G20 Framework Working Group Meeting – Chennai, Tamil Nadu (24 -25 March 2023)
- G20 Research and Innovation Initiative Gathering – Dibrugarh, Assam (23 – 24 March 2023)
- 2nd G20 Environment and Climate Sustainability Working Group Meeting – Gandhinagar, Gujarat (27 – 29 March 2023)
Government identified 1275 railway stations under Amrit Bharat Station Scheme
- The government has identified 1275 railway stations under the Amrit Bharat Station Scheme for the development of railway stations in India.
- This scheme envisages development of stations on a continuous basis with a long-term approach.
- It involves preparation of Master Plans and their implementation in phases to improve the amenities at the stations like improvement of station access, waiting halls, toilets, free Wi-Fi, better passenger information systems and executive lounges.
- The scheme also envisages improvement of building, integrating the station with both sides of the city, multimodal integration, amenities for Divyangjans and creation of city centres at the station in the long term.
About Amrit Bharat Station Scheme
- Amrit Bharat Station Scheme was introduced by the Ministry of Railways in December 2022.
- The objective of the scheme is to prepare a master plan for railway stations and implement the master plan in a phased manner to enhance facilities.
Education Ministry shortlisted around 9,000 schools for PM SHRI
- The Ministry of Education has shortlisted around 9,000 schools across the country for its flagship Pradhan Mantri Schools for Rising India (PM SHRI).
- The institutions were selected based on six broad parameters including curriculum, access and infrastructure, human resources, and gender equity were assessed.
- They were assessed on the basis of six broad parameters: curriculum, pedagogy and assessment; access and infrastructure; human resources – leadership; inclusive practices and gender equity; management, monitoring and governance and beneficiary satisfaction.
About PM SHRI
- PM Modi announced this scheme on 5th September 2022.
- PM SHRI school is a new centrally sponsored scheme that aims at developing more than 14500 schools across the country by strengthening select existing schools being managed by all forms of government.
- The PM SHRI schools will aim at delivering quality teaching for the cognitive development of students and creating and nurturing holistic and well-rounded individuals equipped with key 21st-century skills.
Centre approves Rs 800 crore to set up 7432 public EV charging stations
- The Union Government has sanctioned 800 crore rupees under the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles (FAME) Scheme Phase -2 for setting up 7432 public fast charging stations across the country.
- The government has formulated Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles (FAME) India Scheme in 2015 to improve the infrastructure required for the large-scale use of electric vehicles.
- At present, there are about 6,586 charging stations across the country. The addition of the new7,432 public charging stations will be a significant push to Electric Vehicles charging ecosystem.
- This move will boost the electric vehicle ecosystem in India and encourage more people to switch to cleaner modes of transportation.
Giriraj Singh initiates ‘Captive Employment’ Scheme
- Union Minister for Rural Development Giriraj Singh has initiated Captive Employers, a unique initiative under the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) in New Delhi.
- Captive employers will train Rural Poor Youth and provide employment to trained youth in their company or subsidiary.
- In the first phase, 19 Captive Employers are being engaged to provide jobs to over 31,000 rural youth.
- The Captive Employer scheme will bridge the gap between job seeker and job provider.
Second G20 Framework Working Group meeting concludes in Chennai
- The Second G20 Framework Working Group (FWG) meeting under Indian G20 Presidency concluded in
- The two-day meeting was co-chaired by V. Anantha Nageswaran, India’s Chief Economic Advisor, and Clare Lombardelli, Chief Economic Adviser, United Kingdom Treasury.
- Around 87 delegates from G20 member countries, invitees, and international organizations attended the meeting.
- The Framework Working Group focuses on global macroeconomic issues and deliberates on how policy cooperation can be enhanced to achieve strong, sustainable, balanced, and inclusive growth (SSBIG).
- The agenda for the meeting involved discussions on the global economic outlook and risks with a particular emphasis placed on inflation, macroeconomic implications of food and energy insecurity, climate change, and transition policies.
G20 in News (Note – All Meetings are Under the Presidency of G20 by India)
- Civil 20 (C20) Inception Meeting – Nagpur, Maharashtra (20 – 22 March 2023)
- 2nd G20 Sustainable Financial Working Group (SFWG) Meeting – Udaipur in Rajasthan (21 -23 March 2023)
- 3rd Business 20 (B20) Meeting – Gangtok, Sikkim (16 March 2023)
- 2nd Education Working Group meeting – Amritsar, Punjab (15 March 2023)
- Fourth Y20 Consultation Meeting – Pune, Maharashtra (11 March 2023)
Environment Minister launched Aravalli Green Wall Project in Gurugram
- Environment Minister Bhupender Yadav has launched the Aravalli Green Wall Project in Gurugram, Haryana.
- It is a major initiative to green a 5 km buffer area around the Aravalli Hill Range in four states.
- The project will increase the green cover and biodiversity of the Aravalli through afforestation, reforestation and restoration of water bodies. It will also improve the soil fertility, water availability and climate resilience of the region.
- The project will benefit the local communities by providing them with employment opportunities, income generation and ecosystem services.
Recent Inauguration by Bhupendra Yadav
- Bhupender Yadav chaired the 1st General Body Meeting of the National Centre for Sustainable Coastal Management (NCSCM) in New Delhi.
- Bhupender Yadav launched ‘Save Wetlands Campaign’ for conservation
- Bhupender Yadav has inaugurated the Regional Office of EPFO at Alwar, Rajasthan.
- Bhupender Yadav to lead Indian delegation at COP27 in Egypt
- Bhupender Yadav chaired the 189th meeting of ESIC
Government launched New India Literacy Program
- The government has recently launched a new centrally sponsored scheme named ‘New India Literacy Programme’ with a financial outlay of over Rs 1000 crore for implementation during the financial years 2022-23 to 2026-27.
- The scheme aims to cover a target of five crore non-literates in the age group of 15 years and above.
- The beneficiaries under the scheme are identified through door-to-door survey on Mobile App by surveyors in the States and Union Territories.
- The non-literate can also avail the benefit of the scheme through direct registration from any place through mobile app.
Passport Index Points 2023: India ranks at 144th; topped by UAE
- India fell six places to the 144th position in the annual passport index for 2023, from 138th a year ago.
- The Passport Index 2023 has been published by financial advisory services firm Arton Capital that ranks passports of 199 countries.
- The rankings are determined by mobility score of the countries which is calculated on provisions like visa-free visit, visa on arrival, an eVisa (if used within three days) and electronic travel authorisation.
- India’s mobility score fell from 71 in 2019 to 47 in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic, according to the Passport Index 2023 report. The score rose to 73 in 2022 as travel restrictions were gradually lifted, but it fell back to 70 in 2023.
- According to the report, Indians can only travel to 59 countries without needing a visa.
- China too ranked relatively lower compared to other large economies at 118th in the Passport Index individual rankings.
- South Korea, which is 12th in the individual rankings and has a mobility score of 174, has the highest score in Asia. Japan hold the 26th spot with a mobility score of 172.
- The United Arab Emirates topped the individual passport ranking with a mobility score of 181. It is followed by Sweden, Germany, Finland, Luxembourg, Spain, France, Italy, the Netherlands and Austria with a joint mobility score of 174.
- Henley Passport Index 2023: India ranked 85; topped by Japan
- World Happiness Index 2023: India ranked 125th; topped by Finland; Last Afghanistan
- Global Terrorism Index 2023 – India ranked 13th, topped by Afghanistan
- World Air Quality Report – Most polluted cities (1. Lahore, Pakistan 2. Hotan, China 3. Bhiwadi Rajasthan, 4. Delhi)
- Electoral Democracy Index 2023: India ranked 108th; topped by Denmark
- International IP Index – India ranked 42 in 55 countries; topped by USA
Banking and Financial
Government imposed surcharge for Google Pay and other payment apps
- The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has issued a circular in which it suggested “Prepaid Payment Instruments (PPI)” fees on merchant transactions on Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
- NPCI has introduced an interchange charge of up to 1.1 percent on merchant UPI transactions done using prepaid payment instruments from April 1.
- It will be levied on UPI payments above Rs 2,000 made to online merchants, large merchants and small merchants.
What is the interchange fee?
- The interchange fee is levied to cover the costs of accepting, processing, and authorizing transactions.
- Interchange fee is a fee paid by payment service providers to wallet issuers such as banks.
- These wallets are mainly online payments like Paytm, PhonePe and Google Pay.
Axis Bank launched ‘MicroPay’ based on ‘Pin on Mobile’ technology for digital payments
- Private sector lender Axis Bank has launched ‘MicroPay’, first pocket-sized swipe machine of India, based on ‘Pin on Mobile’ technology for accepting digital payments.
- The bank launched ‘MicroPay’ along with Ezetap by Razorpay and MyPinpad as the technical solution partners.
- The newly launched technology converts a merchant’s smartphone into a Point-of-Sale (POS) terminal to simplify digital payments.
- It offers them a cost-effective means to accept payments through card, UPI, BQR-code, etc., while maintaining the highest security standards.
Recent Facilities Launched in Banks & Insurance Sector
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance launched ‘ICICI Pru Gold’
- Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Ltd launched Kotak Silver Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) Fund of Fund
- Suryodaya Small Finance Bank launched Blossom Women’s Savings Account
- Bank of Maharashtra launched its own private cloud platform ‘MAHABANK NAKSHATRA’
- HDFC Bank launched a pilot project for offline digital payments ‘OfflinePay’
- The New India Assurance has launched a “Pay As You Drive” (PAYD) policy for vehicles.
Appointment and Resignation
UK Sinha & Dipali Goenka appointed as Independent Directors of NDTV
- Former SEBI Chairman UK Sinha and business leader Dipali Goenka have been appointed as Independent Directors of NDTV for a period of two years.
- U K Sinha has also been designated as Non-Executive Chairperson of NDTV.
- UK Snha, a former bureaucrat, served as the chairman of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) between 2011 and 2017.
- The appointment is based on the recommendations of the Nomination and Remuneration Committee, and subject to the approval of shareholders and the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- CFO of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) – Srikanth Venkatachari
- CEO of Starbucks – Laxman Narasimhan
- MD & CEO CEAT – Arnab Banerjee
- MD & CEO of Invest India – Manmeet K Nanda
- CMD of Cotton Corporation of India – Lalit Kumar Gupta
J&K’s Aliya Mir wins Wildlife Conservation Award 2023
- Wildlife conservationist Aliya Mir was awarded Wildlife Conservation Award by Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha.
- The award makes her the first woman from the Union Territory to receive it in recognition of her conservation efforts in the area.
- Alia Mir is also the first woman in Kashmir to work for Wildlife SOS, a part of the Wildlife Rescue Team.
- Alia Mir’s Wildlife Rescue Helpline, which she started in 2021, works closely with the Jammu and Kashmir Wildlife Protection Department to rescue snakes and other wild animals.
- Conferred Special literary award – Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
- Abel Prize for maths – Luis Caffarelli
- Kerala’s highest civilian honour Kerala Jyothi- M T Vasudevan Nair
- National Humanities Medals 2022 by US Prez – Indian-American Mindy Kaling
- India’s Most Valuable Celebrity of 2022 – Ranveer Singh
Defence Ministry signs 3 contracts worth about 5400 crore rupees to bolster defence capabilities
- The Defence Ministry has signed three contracts at a total cost of nearly 5400 crore rupees with domestic producers to bolster the defence capabilities of the country.
- The first contract has been signed with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) and pertains to the procurement of Automated Air Defence Control and Reporting System Project Akashteer worth 1982 crore rupees for the Indian Army.
- The second contract with BEL relates to the acquisition of Sarang Electronic Support Measure systems at an overall cost of 412 crore rupees for the Indian Navy.
- Sarang is an advanced Electronic Support Measure system for helicopters of the Indian Navy. Both will empower the Air Defence units of the Indian Army to effectively operate in an integrated manner.
- The third contract with New Space India Limited pertains to the procurement of an advanced Communication Satellite, GSAT 7B for the Indian Army at an overall cost of 2963 crore rupees.
- The satellite will considerably enhance the communication capability of the Indian Army by providing mission-critical beyond-line-of-sight communication to troops and formations as well as weapon and airborne platforms.
Satwiksairaj Rankireddy & Chirag Shetty win Swiss Open doubles title
- India’s top men’s doubles badminton pair of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty win their first title of the 2023 season in Basel.
- They beat China’s Ren Xiang Yu and Tan Qiang 21-19, 24-22 in the Swiss Open 2023, a Super 300 event.
- This was Rankireddy and Shetty’s first BWF (Badminton World Federation) doubles title of the year, and the fifth World Tour title in their career.
- Both claimed the India Open and French Open in 2022, Thailand Open in 2019 and Hyderabad Open in 2018.
- Satwik and Chirag also won the 2022 Commonwealth Games gold.
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2023 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|