Daily Current Affairs 5th January 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs Today 2022 : Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
Read Current Affairs today on a regular basic for national, international, Banking, Appointments and other updates from here. You will get the best today current affairs on a daily basis only at Ambitious Baba.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
President Murmu inaugurated the 18th National Jamboree of the Bharat Scouts and Guides in Rajasthan
- President Droupadi Murmu has inaugurated the 18th National Scout and Guide Jamboree, at Rohat in the Pali district of Rajasthan.
- Rajasthan is hosting Jamboree after 66 years.
- Theme of the 18th National Scout and Guide Jamboree: Progress with Peace.
- Over 35,000 scouts and guides from all over the country will participate in this 7-day mega-event.
- A smart jamboree village has been set up with all the facilities on a two hundred twenty hectare area at Nimblee village 3500 tents have been erected at the venue.
- The first National Scout and Guide Jamboree was held in Andhra Pradesh in 1951. The 17th Jamboree was held in Mysuru, Karnataka in December 2016 -January 2017.
Recent Inauguration by President Murmu
- President Droupadi Murmu lays foundation stone for PRASHAD project in Telangana
- President Droupadi Murmu inaugurated project worth Rs 43.08 cr at Srisailam Temple
- President Droupadi Murmu launched startup platform ‘herSTART’ for women entrepreneurs
- President Droupadi Murmu inaugurated projects in Gujarat worth 1,330 crore
- President Droupadi Murmu flags off two train services in Northeast
Government approved National Green Hydrogen Mission
- The Union Government has approved the National Green Hydrogen Mission with an initial outlay of 19,744 crore rupees.
- The Mission aims to make India a Global Hub for the production, utilization, and export of Green Hydrogen.
- This Mission will play an important role in dealing with climate change. India will be the global hub of Green Hydrogen.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had announced the launch of the National Hydrogen Mission during his Independence Day speech on the 15th of August 2021.
- He said, 50 lakh tonnes of green hydrogen will be produced per year, with an associated renewable energy capacity addition of about 125 Giga Watt.
- The targets by 2030 are likely to bring in over 8 lakh crore rupees investments and create over 6 lakh jobs.
- The Mission will help save one lakh crore rupees in the import of fossil fuels. Through this mission, 50 million metric tonnes of carbon emissions will be averted annually.
2nd Phase of Sari Festival “VIRAASAT” begins in New Delhi
- The second phase of the Sari Festival “VIRAASAT” is celebrating 75 handwoven Saris of India in New Delhi.
- This phase is being organized by the Ministry of Textiles from 3rd to 17th January 2023 at Handloom Haat, Janpath, New Delhi.
- The second phase, having 90 participants from different parts of the country, will bring participation of famous handcrafted varieties of Saris like Tie and Dye, Chikan embroidered Saris, Hand Block Saris, Kalamkari printed Saris, Ajrakh, Kantha and Phulkari.
- The first phase of “VIRAASAT”- started on the 16th and concluded on 30th of last month.
- A social media campaign has also been launched under a common hashtag #MySariMyPride to support the Indian handloom weavers.
UP government signed MoU with UAE-based companies worth Rs 18,590 crore
- Uttar Pradesh government has signed an MoU with six UAE-based companies worth Rs 18,590 crore ahead of the Global Investors Summit to be held in Lucknow in February 2023.
- This agreement will help in the creation of over 20,000 new employment opportunities.
- The two companies, Astha Green Energy Venture and Shree Siddharth Infratech and Services will invest in renewable energy worth Rs 4480 and Rs 8000 crore respectively to create 2560 and 4800 new jobs.
- Lulu Group will invest Rs 4500 crore in retail and food processing sectors, creating 10000 jobs. While Sobha Realty will invest Rs 100 crore in education and CSR. This will provide employment to 250 people.
- Ahead of the Global Investors Summit, which will take place in February, eight teams of the Uttar Pradesh government visited 16 countries, receiving investment proposals totalling more than Rs 7.12 lakh crore.
- The largest share of investment proposals worth Rs 4 lakh crore has been received from the United Kingdom (UK) and the United States of America (USA).
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
Recent MoUs Signed by State Government
- Meghalaya signed MoU with Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for MSME borrowers
- Haryana government signed an MoU with Dubai for economic cooperation
- Haryana government has launched Nirogi Haryana project
- Finland partnered with Kerala government to replicate Little KITEs model
- IRCTC signed an agreement with Chhattisgarh toursim board to promote tourist spots of state
Gaan Ngai festival celebrated in Manipur
- The Gaan Ngai festival of the Zeliangrong community has celebrated in
- The Gaan Ngai festival is one of Manipur’s major festivals, which is celebrated every year after harvesting.
- This festival also marks the end of the year when the farmers have stored their food grain in their ganeries.
- During the festival, the Zeliarong community shows their gratitude by offering to the almighty a good harvest and praying for a better and prosperous life in the coming year.
- It is a custom to produce new fire by rubbing dry wood and split bamboo pieces and distributing them to every household on the day of the festival to mark the beginning of the New Year.
- The Zeliangrong community comprises Rongmei, Liangmei, and Zeme tribes.
- Capital – Imphal
- Chief Minister – Biren Singh
- Governor – La Ganesan
Festivals of Manipur
- Imoinu Eratpa Festival
- Sangai Festival
- Amur Falcon Festival
- Lai Haraoba Festival
- Manipur Sangai Festival
- Lui Ngai Ni Festival
- Ningol Chakouba Festival
- Kachai Lemon Festival
- Shirui Lily Festival
Government formed Committee to protect Ladakh culture, language & employment
- The government of India has constituted 17 member High Powered Committee (HPC) under the Chairmanship of Minister of State for Home Affairs Nityanand Rai.
- Objective – To ensure the protection of land and employment for the people of Ladakh.
- The committee includes Ladakh LG, RK Mathur; MP Jamyang Tsering Namgyal; Chairmans of Leh and Kargil Hill councils, representatives of Apex Body Leh, Kargil Democratic Alliance, and nominee officials of the Home ministry.
- CJI constituted committee to conduct accessibility audit of SC premises – SC Judge S Ravindra Bhat.
- Centre constituted a panel for Higher Educational Institutions – Dr K. Radhakrishnan
- Government formed 5-member committee to review pharma marketing practices – V K Paul
- SEBI reconstituted 21 members Market Data Advisory Committee (MDAC) – M S Sahoo
- SEBI restructured Secondary Market Advisory Committee (SMAC)- Gurumoorthy Mahalingam
- SC appointed panel for recovery of money from NSEL defaulters- Pradeep Nandrajog
Madhya Pradesh govt launched Chief Minister’s Residential Land Rights Scheme
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has launched the Chief Minister’s Residential Land Rights scheme (Mukhyamantri Awasiya Bhu Adhikar Yojana) in a programme organized at the Bagaj Mata temple complex in Tikamgarh district.
- The objective of this scheme is to provide free plots to the poor living in rural areas for building their houses.
- Under the scheme, plots worth about 129 crore rupees were distributed to 10 thousand 918 families of Tikamgarh district.
- The land will be given completely free of cost and along with the plot, the benefits of all other schemes will also be provided.
About Madhya Pradesh
- Capital – Bhopal
- Chief Minister – Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor – Mangubhai C. Patel
Recent Scheme/Campaign launched by Madhya Pradesh government
- Ladli Laxmi 2.0
- Launchpad Scheme
- Pankh abhiyan
- Sickle Cell Mission
- Mukhyamantri Awasiya Bhu-dhikar Yojana
- Mukhyamantri Ration Aapke Dwar Yojna
- Mukhya Mantri Udyam Kranti Yojana
- Urja Saksharta Abhiyan
- Ladli Laxmi scheme-2.0
- Madhya Pradesh “Startup Policy and Implementation Plan – 2022
PM Modi presides over annual general meeting of Nehru Memorial Museum and Library society
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has chaired the Annual General Meeting of the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library Society in New Delhi.
- He underlined the need to widen the scope of research on modern Indian history by involving individuals and institutions to create awareness about the country’s past.
- He also emphasized the need for institutions in the country, in general, to create their well-audited and researched recorded memory for the benefit of the present as well as future generations.
- The PM mentioned that the 200th birth anniversary of Swami Dayanand Saraswati, the founder of Arya Samaj, is in 2024.
PM Modi in News
- PM Modi to launch world’s longest river cruise from Varanasi to Assam
- PM Modi flagged off West Bengal’s first Vande Bharata Express train (7th)
- PM Modi flagged off 6th Vande Bharat train in Nagpur, Maharashtra
- PM Modi inaugurated 4th Vande Bharat Express in Himachal Pradesh
- PM Modi participated in the historic programme marking ‘Veer Bal Diwas’ in Delhi
- PM Modi addressed 75th Amrut Mahotsav of Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul Rajkot Sansthan
Banking and Financial
Government signed agreement with ADB to boost infrastructure sector in India
- India has signed various loan agreements with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to boost the infrastructure sector in the country.
- A loan agreement was signed worth 350 million US dollars to improve connectivity in Maharashtra.
- The government also signed an agreement worth 300 million US dollars to upgrade over 300 Km of State highways and district roads in Assam.
- A 220 million dollar loan agreement has signed to improve energy security, quality of supply, efficiency, and resilience of the power sector in Tripura.
- A loan agreement worth 350 million US dollars was signed to build new lines and improve the connectivity of the metro rail system in Chennai.
About Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Founded – 19 December 1966
- Headquarters – Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines
- President – Masatsugu Asakawa
- Vice President – Ashok Lavasa
- Director of ADB for India – Takeo Konishi
- Executive Director – Sameer Kumar Khare
- Member Countries – 68 (Nuie)
Recent Loan approved by ADB
- ADB provides $100 million loans to Shriram Finance Limited
- ADB approved $125 million loan to improve Urban Services in Tamil Nadu
- ADB approved USD 350 million loan to Maharashtra for road connectivity
- ADB approved USD 96 million loan to HP for safe drinking water project
- ADB approves $112 million loan to establish Assam Skill University.
- ADB approves $150 million loan for urban poor housing project in Tamil Nadu.
HDFC Bank partnered with Microsoft for digital transformation
- The private sector lender HDFC Bank has partnered with Microsoft in the next phase of its digital transformation.
- Objective – To unlock business value by transforming the application portfolio, modernizing the data landscape, and securing the enterprise with Microsoft Cloud.
- The bank, as a part of its ‘future ready’ strategy, is developing in-house intellectual properties (IP) as well as partnering with several companies, including fintechs, to co-create technology IPs.
- The bank has leveraged Microsoft Azure to consolidate and modernize its enterprise data landscape by Federated Data Lake.
About HDFC Bank
- Founded – August 1994
- Founder – Hasmukhbhai Parekh
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO – Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Tagline – We understand your world
Recent MoU Signed in Banking Sector
- SBI Card partnered with Punjab & Sind Bank to launch co-brand credit cards
- Bandhan Bank signed MoU with Defence Ministry for defence pensioners
- AU Small Finance Bank partnered with ICICI Lombard for bancassurance
- Spice Money partnered with Axis Bank for financial inclusion in rural India
- YES Bank partnered with Turtlefin to create tech platform ‘EasyNsure’
Niva Bupa and Sundaram Finance signed corporate agency agreement
- Niva Bupa Health Insurance Company Limited (formerly known as Max Bupa Health Insurance Company Limited) has signed a corporate agency agreement with Sundaram Finance Limited
- Objective – To offer Niva Bupa’s select range of indemnity plans to its growing range of existing and past customers.
- This partnership can provide an opportunity to Sundaram Finance customers to secure themselves and their families against medical expenditures related to Covid-19 or any other critical illnesses.
- The plan will provide peace of mind to customers to tide through any medical emergencies.
- Sundaram Finance will use its strong network of over 640 branches across the country to reach out to customers as part of this partnership.
- Sundaram Finance Limited MD -Rajiv Lochan
- Niva Bupa Health Insurance MD & CEO – Krishnan Ramachandran
Recent MoU Signed in Banking Sector
- Tata Power Solar Systems partnered with Union Bank of India to help MSME sector
- Federal Bank partnered with JCB India to finance heavy equipment buyers
- IFSCA signed MoU with the Reserve Bank of India for collaboration in the field of regulation
- NIIFL signed an agreement with JBIC to boost Japanese investments in India
- SIDBI signed an MoU with Bureau of Energy Efficiency to finance green MSMEs
Bandhan Bank launched ‘Jahaan Bandhan, Wahaan Trust’ campaign
- Bandhan Bank has launched its ‘Jahaan Bandhan, Wahaan Trust’ campaign featuring cricketer Sourav Ganguly as its brand ambassador.
- This is the first time that Bandhan Bank has appointed a pan-India brand ambassador.
- The campaign was conceptualized by Leo Burnett Orchard, which was brought in as the bank’s creative agency in August 2022.
- The marketing campaign will be visible across TV, print, out-of-home (OOH), cinema, and digital media.
- Bandhan Bank, in the last seven years, has established its presence in 34 states and union territories and has more than 2.77 crore customers.
About Bandhan Bank
- Founded – 2001
- Founder – Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
- Headquarters – Kolkata
- MD & CEO – Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
- Chairperson – Anup Kumar Sinha
Recent Brand Ambassador
- Anushka Sharma – Puma India
- Deepika Padukone – American furniture retailer Pottery Barn
- Virat Kohli – Wearables martwatch leader Noise
- Prasoon Joshi – Uttarakhand State
- Janhvi Kapoor – Marico’s Saffola Fittify
- Deepa Malik – Ambassador of Nikshay Mitra (TB Campaign)
Appointment and Resignation
Nalin Negi appointed as interim CEO of BharatPe
- Fintech unicorn BharatPe has appointed current Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Nalin Negi as the interim Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- He has replaced Suhail Sameer, who stepped down from the position.
- Sameer’s exit comes at a time when he has come under personal attacks on social media by Grover, who responded to civil and criminal suits alleging fraud filed by BharatPe.
- He joined BharatPe in August 2020 as president.
- Negi, who comes with over 28 years of experience, has previously worked at GE Capital and SBI Card. He was the CFO of SBI Card for over ten years.
Recent Appointment in Banking Sector
- CEO of Bank of Singapore – Jason Moo
- MD and CEO of the Indian Overseas Bank – Ajay Kumar Srivastava
- MD & CEO of BSE – Sundararaman Ramamurthy
- MD & CEO of Suryoday Small Finance Bank – Baskar Babu Ramachandran (re-appointement)
- MD & CEO of Equitas Small Finance Bank – P N Vasudevan
- MD and CEO of SBI Funds – Shamsher Singh
Odisha won World Habitat Award 2023
- Odisha has won the UN-Habitat’s World Habitat Awards 2023 for Jaga Mission, a 5T initiative of the state.
- The Jaga mission is the land titling and slum upgrading program that aims at empowering the lives of slum dwellers.
- The Government of Odisha has set itself the ambitious target of becoming the first slum-free state in India and is leading the Jaga Mission programme to upgrade all of the state’s 2,919 slums.
- The initiative in the last five years, 1,75,000 families have been granted land tenure security.
- 100 percent of households in 2,724 slums have been provided with pipe water connections, 707 slums have transformed fully into liveable habitats, 100 percent of households in 666 slums have individual toilets, and 8 cities have become slum-free.
- In 2019, Odisha’s Jaga mission received World Habitat Awards for its success in providing land tenure security to slum dwellers.
- Capital – Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
- Governor – Ganeshi Lal
- ICC emerging Men’s player of the year award 2022 – Arshdeep Singh
- ICC emerging Men’s player of the year award 2022 – Renuka Singh & Yastika Bhatia
- Wharton-QS Reimagine Education Awards 2022 – IIT Madras
- Atal Samman Award – Prabhu Chandra Mishra
- First KR Gouri Amma national award – Aleida Guevara
- BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2022 award – Beth Mead (England)
Book and Author
A book titled ‘Ambedkar: A Life’, authored by Shashi Tharoor
- A book titled ‘Ambedkar: A Life’, authored by Shashi Tharoor has been launched at the Kitaab Kolkata event.
- The event was organized by Prabha Khaitan Foundation (PKF) at the ITC Sonar presented by Shree Cement.
- The event was attended by bibliophiles young and old, members of Ehsaas Women and FICCI FLO.
- The biography of Babasaheb Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar is neither the first one nor the last, but Shashi Tharoor’s meticulously-researched work adds a new perspective to one of India’s most revered icons and an intellectual giant.
- In Tharoor’s own words, “Dr. Ambedkar’s greatness cannot be reduced to any one of (his) accomplishments, because all were equally extraordinary.”
- Other notable books of Shashi Tharoor – India: From Midnight to the Millennium (1997), Riot: A Love Story(2001), Why I Am A Hindu (2018), The Paradoxical Prime Minister (2018)
- Forks in the Road: My Days at RBI and Beyond – C. Rangarajan
- The Indian Navy@75 Reminiscing the Voyage – Ranjit B Rai and Aritra Banerjee
- Fit At Any Age – Launched Retd. Air Marshal PV lyer
- Miracles of Face Yoga – Mansi Gulati
- India: The Mother of Democracy – Prepared and published by ICHR & launched by Dharmendra Pradhan
- Now You Breathe – Rakhi Kapoor
- The World: A Family History – Simon Sebag
- Nuclearization of Asia – French author Rene Naba
- The Last Heroes – P Sainath
- Muskurate Chand Lamhe aur Kuchh Khamoshiyan – Jiwesh Nandan
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQs) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|