Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs 8th November 2023 Daily GK Update
Current Affairs quiz 2022, Daily gk updates and Current affairs is playing a major role in any competitive exam. so here we are providing the current affairs quiz on daily basis for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Competitive Examinations.
Here you can find Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB PO Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Assistant Mains, Current Affairs Quiz for RBI Grade B, Current Affairs Quiz for SSC.
Delhi banks on IIT Kanpur’s artificial rain to tackle pollution crisis
- In light of the escalating air pollution dilemmas in Delhi-NCR, the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur has brought forth a novel solution.
- With a mission to alleviate the deteriorating air quality, the renowned institute has reportedly designed an approach using ‘artificial rain’ to cleanse the atmosphere of dust and major pollutants.
- The institute has been relentlessly working on artificial rain for more than five years and successfully executed a test in July.
- Artificial rain is heavily reliant on specific meteorological conditions, such as the presence of sufficiently moist clouds and compatible winds.
- As cloud seeding and artificial rainfall is not an exact science yet, it remains untested whether it would work in the pre-winter months or on a grander scale.
Jal Diwali -“Water for Women, Women for Water Campaign” launched
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has unveiled a progressive initiative “Women for Water, Water for Women Campaign”.
- Under its flagship scheme – Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation, in partnership with the Ministry’s National Urban Livelihood Mission and Odisha Urban Academy is the knowledge partner.
- This campaign celebrates “Jal Diwali” and commences from, 7th November, 2023. It will continue till 9th November, 2023.
- The campaign aims to provide a platform for inclusion of women in water governance. They will be given first-hand knowledge about water treatment processes through visits to Water Treatment Plants (WTPs) in their respective cities.
- These visits will elucidate the vital procedures involved in delivering clean and safe drinking water to households. Additionally, women will gain insight into water quality testing protocols which ensure that citizens get water of the required quality.
- India has more than 3,000 Water treatment plants, with a designed water treatment capacity of more than 65,000 MLD and operational capacity of more than 55,000 MLD.
Chile becomes 95th member of International Solar Alliance
- Chile has become the 95th member of the International Solar Alliance ISA.
- Chile handed over the Instrument of ISA ratification during the meeting of Ambassador Juan Angulo of Chile with Joint Secretary (Economic Diplomacy) in Ministry of External Affairs Abhishek Singh in New Delhi.
- The ISA is an alliance co-founded by India and France, focusing on the large-scale deployment of solar energy as a sustainable intervention to counter climate change. It emphasizes energy access, security, and transition through collaborative efforts among its member nations.
- The alliance is particularly concerned with enabling countries, especially those identified as Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and Small Island Developing States (SIDS), to pursue low-carbon growth paths.
- The ISA’s ambitious goal is to facilitate $1 trillion in investments for solar energy by 2030 while working on reducing the costs associated with technology and financing.
- It aims to leverage solar energy in various sectors, from agriculture to transport, thereby enhancing the overall energy matrix of its member states.
- Capital- Santiago
- Currency – Chilean Peso
- Official language- Spanish
- President- Gabriel Boric
- Continent- South America
Uttar Pradesh state govt to conduct Cow Census
- The Uttar Pradesh government has ordered a cow census across the state in three categories, which includes determining the number of destitute animals with cattle rearers, abandoned cows on the streets, and Kanha Upvans.
- P. CM also ordered implementing of geo-tagging. In the first phase, these cows will be counted. In the next phase, a plan will be formulated and implemented to ensure they are provided with suitable accommodation.
- The figures related to the number of cattle are believed to have changed since the 20th Livestock Census was conducted in 2019 by the Central government. The next census is due in 2024.
- Presently, 11. 85 lakh cows are protected in 6,889 destitute cattle breeding sites, while over 1.85 lakh cows have been handed over to gau sevaks under Mukhyamantri Sahbhagita Yojana’ for cow protection, according to UP govt.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
8th edition of ‘Vizag Navy Marathon’ held in Visakhapatnam
- The eighth edition of the ‘Vizag Navy Marathon’ has been organized in Visakhapatnam city.
- Around 12,000 people took part in the Marathon organized by the Eastern Naval Command (ENC) at RK Beach Road in the city.
- The event witnessed overwhelming participation from children, youth, senior citizens, and naval personnel from all over India and abroad in various categories
- The marathon was flagged off by Vice Adm Rajesh Pendharkar, Flag Officer Commanding in Chief, ENC with more than 500 participants.
- The half-marathon was flagged off by Vice Admiral G Srinivasan, DGNP Vizag, with more than 1,600 runners, and the 10-km run, with more than 2,700 runners, was flagged off by Dr Ravishankar Commissioner of Police.
- The 5-km run recorded a participation of over 7,000 runners and was flagged off by Vice Adm Sameer Saxena, Chief of Staff, ENC.
IIT Madras established first international campus in Zanzibar
- The Indian Institute of Technology Madras became the first Indian Institute of Technology to set up an international campus, by launching a campus in Zanzibar Tanzania.
- India and the East African nation had recently signed a MoU.
- The Zanzibar Campus, IIT Madras, will be on Zanzibar Island, off the East African mainland and part of the Tanzanian Republic.
- Initially, the Institute will offer BS and MTech programmes in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence. More academic programmes will be offered in the coming year.
- In the first batch at IITM Zanzibar, students from Zanzibar, mainland Tanzania, Nepal, and India have been admitted, with 40 per cent of the students being women.
- The campus will have the capacity to accommodate students in dormitories and provide various facilities. Arrangements for offices, classrooms, and auditoriums have been made. Dining facilities and a dispensary are available on campus, and sports facilities are also being planned.
- Classes for the first Academic Year (2023-24) commenced in October 2023.
Banking and Financial
RBI imposes penalties on Punjab National Bank, Federal Bank
- Reserve Bank of India has imposed monetary penalties on Punjab National Bank, Federal Bank, Kosamattam Finance, and Mercedes-Benz Financial Services India for rule violations.
- The central bank has imposed a penalty of Rs 72 lakh on Punjab National Bank, Rs 30 lakh on Federal Bank, Rs 13.38 lakh on Kosamattam Finance, and Rs 10 lakh on Mercedes-Benz Financial Services.
- Punjab National Bank received the penalty due to several violations, including levying SMS charges on certain accounts despite maintaining invalid mobile numbers in the Core Banking Solution (CBS), not strictly adhering to the interest rates as per the pre-disclosed schedule in several term deposit accounts, and failing to specify the interest reset date in MCLR-linked loans.
- Federal Bank was penalized for issuing demand drafts, each valued at rupees fifty thousand and above, without including the name of the purchaser on the face of the drafts.
- Kosamattam Finance was penalized for not maintaining a Loan-to-Value (LTV) ratio of 75 percent in certain loan accounts during the fiscal year 2021-22.
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services India received a penalty for failing to conduct ongoing due diligence of its customers and for not updating the Know Your Customer (KYC) information of its high-risk customers as of March 31, 2021.
Recent Penalties imposed by RBI
- RBI imposed ₹2.5 Crore penalty on L&T finance company for Non-Compliance
- RBI imposed a penalty or ₹12.19 crore on ICICI Bank and ₹3.95 crore on Kotak Mahindra Bank for non-compliance of certain regulatory norms.
- The RBI imposed a penalty of ₹1 crore on Union Bank of India for non-compliance with directions on ‘Loans and Advances – Statutory and Other Restrictions.
- RBI imposes Rs 20 lakh penalty on Manappuram Finance
IndiaFirst Life becomes First Life Insurance Company to Obtain GIFT
- India First Life Insurance has received the registration to undertake life insurance business in the Gujarat International Finance Tec (GIFT) City-International Financial Services Centre (IFSC).
- The registration will enable India First Life to expand its reach globally. The organization is all geared to embark on the journey, once the necessary formalities are in place.
- India First Life Insurance is a three-way venture with Bank of Baroda having 65 percent stake, Union Bank of India (9 percent) and private equity major Warbur Pincus (26 percent).
Hitesh Makwana appointed Surveyor General of India
- Hitesh Kumar S Makwana has been appointed as Surveyor General of India.
- Makwana, a 1995-batch IAS officer of the Tamil Nadu cadre, is currently an Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Abhishek Singh, CEO of National e-Governance Division, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, has now been appointed as Additional Secretary in the ministry.
- Niraj Verma, a 1994-batch IAS officer of the Assam-Meghalaya cadre, will be Administrator, Universal Service Obligation Fund in the Department of Telecommunications.
- Ritvik Ranjanam Pandey, a 1998-batch IAS officer of Karnataka cadre, has been appointed as Officer on Special Duty for Advance Cell of 16th Finance Commission, Department of Economic Affairs.
- Senior IAS officer Anurag Agarwal has been appointed as Additional Secretary and Financial Advisor in the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Pallavi Jain Govil, a 1994-batch IAS officer of the Madhya Pradesh cadre, will be the Director General of Hydrocarbons, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
- Joint Director of CBI – Pravin Madhukar Pawar
- CEO & MD of Tata Power Renewable Energy – Deepesh Nanda
- Chairman of Armed Forces Tribunal – Justice Rajendra Menon
- CMD of Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) – Koppu Sadashiv Murthy
- Lead WHO’s South-East Asia Region – Bangladesh’s Saima Wazed
Heeralal Samariya sworn-in as Chief Information Commissioner
- Heeralal Samariya was sworn in as the Chief Information Commissioner. President Droupadi Murmu administered the oath of office to him at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Samariya was currently serving as the Information Commissioner in the Central Information Commission.
- The Chief Information Commissioner Heeralal Samariya also administered the oath of office to Information Commissioners Anandi Ramalingam and Vinod Kumar Tiwari at a swearing-in ceremony organized by Central Information Commission.
- New speaker of US House – Mike Johnson
- Head coach of Indian women’s cricket team – Amol Muzumdar
- Director of General Hospital Services (Armed Forces) – Air Marshal Sadhna Saxena Nair
- Election Commission’s national icon – Rajkummar Rao
- SVP & MD for HP India – Ipsita Dasgupta
- CMD of Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) – Sanjay Kumar Jain (replace Mahendra Pratap Maal)
Kerala honored with Global Responsible Tourism Award 2023
- Kerala has bagged the prestigious Global Responsible Tourism Award 2023, in a major endorsement of the sustainable and women-inclusive initiatives successfully promoted by the state’s Responsible Tourism Mission (RTM).
- The award is instituted by Responsible Tourism Partnership and International Centre for Responsible Tourism (ICRT), in the Best for Local Sourcing, Food and Craft category.
- This international award reflects the universal appeal of the Responsible Tourism projects that Kerala implemented.
- Businessline’s Changemaker of the Year’ 2023 Award – Reserve Bank of India
- Iconic changemaker of the year – Amul
- Mahatma Awards 2023 – Digital Transformation solutions company UST
- Kerala Jyothi Award 2023 – T. Padmanabhan
- British Academy Book Prize 2023 for Cultural Understanding – Nandini Das
AIFF wins AFC President’s Recognition Bronze Award for Grassroots Football
- The All India Football Federation was honoured with the AFC President’s Recognition Bronze medal for its efforts in the grassroots-level development of the sport in the country.
- It was AIFF’s second bronze medal in the category, having earned the same recognition back in 2014.
- The accomplishment reflects AIFF’s commitment to promoting football at the grassroots level, characterized by several innovative initiatives.
- Others Awards
Platinum- Uzbekistan Football Association
Diamond- Lebanese Football Association
Gold- Football Association of Hong Kong
Ruby- Guam Football Association
7 November – Infant Protection Day
- Infant Protection Day is celebrated every year on 7 November.
- The day is dedicated to creating awareness among people about the importance of infant care, especially during the early years of growth.
- Theme 2023 – Ensuring Every Child’s Right to Thrive
- Currently, the infant mortality rate for India in 2023 is 26.619 deaths per 1000 live births, a 3.89% decline from 2022.
- When a newborn is born, the first few months are extremely crucial. This is when the newborn baby starts to develop movement, hearing, vision and ways of communication.
- Hence, we should be extra cautious in taking care of the baby in the initial days to ensure that the baby is healthy, safe and in a good environment.
- In the early 1990s. European countries came together to observe Infant Protection Day in order to raise awareness about child mortality rate and what steps should be taken to combat it.
8 November – World Radiography Day
- World Radiography Day is observed every year on November 8.
- The crucial day commemorates the historic discovery that changed the field of healthcare and medicine.
- Theme 2023 – Celebrating Patient Safety
- It celebrates the pioneering work of a German engineer and physicist who found X-rays, subsequently, opening a window into the human body and transforming the way of diagnosing and treating medical conditions.
- November 8, 1895, Wilhelm Conrad Rontgen, a German mechanical engineer and physicist, formulated and distinguished electromagnetic radiation in the wavelength range known as X-rays or Rontgen rays.
- Rontgen’s revolutionary work prompted the improvement of the first radiographic picture, which was a basic picture of his wife’s hand. In 1901, he got the first Nobel Prize for his discovery.
What is X-Ray and Radiography?
- X-rays refer to a type of electromagnetic radiation similar to visible light. They have higher energy and they can go through most objects, including the body. Medical X-rays are utilized to create pictures of tissues and structures within the body.
- Radiography refers to the act of utilizing radiation to make pictures of the body’s organs, tissues, bones and blood vessels. These pictures are diagnosed by radiologists and medical experts with specific training in the translation of diagnostic pictures, which is fundamental for a patient’s treatment.
How does X-ray radiography function?
- X-ray is passed through the body during a radiographic methodology. While a part of the X-ray is absorbed or dispersed by the internal body organs, the rest of the X-ray pattern is sent to a detector so a picture might be recorded for later assessment. But, the recording of the pattern might happen on film or through electronic means.
Former Odisha Assembly speaker Maheswar Mohanty passed away
- Former Odisha Assembly speaker Maheswar Mohanty passed away at the age of 67.
- Mohanty was elected to the Odisha Assembly from Puri constituency five times.
- He was the speaker of the assembly from 2004 to 2008.
- Popularly referred to as the “strongman” of Puri, Mohanty was elected to the assembly from the holy town five times, as a Janata Dal candidate in 1995 and as a BJD nominee in 2000, 2004, 2009, and 2014.
- An advocate by profession, he was also the chairperson of the Puri Municipality twice before being elected to the assembly.
- In the Naveen Patnaik government, he held portfolios such as Panchayati Raj, Revenue, Law, and Tourism, between 2011 and 2019.
Join Best test series for Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|