Current Affairs 4th and 5th June 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Tata Projects won bid to build Jewar Airport in UP
- Tata Projects won the bid to build the new airport at Jewar. Tata Projects beats Shapoorji Pallonji Group and Larsen & Toubro for the contract.
- The deal size was over Rs. 6,000 crores. The new airport is expected to be functional by
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founder: R. D. Tata
- Founded: 1945, Mumbai
5 international airports of UP:
- Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport (Amausi Airport): Lucknow
- Kushinagar International Airport: Kushinagar
- Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport (Babatpur Airport): Varanasi
- Noida International Airport: Jewar, Noida
- Ayodhya Airport: Ayodhya
Union Minister Anurag Thakur launched Nationwide Fit India Freedom Rider Cycle Rally
- Anurag Thakur, Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports has launched a nationwide ‘Fit India Freedom Rider Cycle rally’ on World Bicycle Day which is observed on 3rd June from Major Dhyan Chand Stadium, Delhi.
- Along with 750 young cyclists, Anurag Thakur has also covered a distance of 7.5 km.
- The main purpose is to accomplish the goal of the Fit India Movement, the Khelo India movement, the Clean India movement & Healthy India movement.
- More than 68 lakh kilometres of distance will be covered by 1.29 lakh young cyclists through the proposed bicycle rallies.
Bluedart signed UNFCCC climate Neutral Now Pledge
- The Blue Dart Express is an Indian logistics company and a part of Deutsche Post DHL Group which has recently signed the ‘Climate Neutral Now’ (CNN) pledge by the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
- The purpose is to reduce the ambitious CO2 target and the companies long term goal which will reduce GHG emissions to net zero by 2050.
- Deutsche Post DHL Group has taken up the measure’s worth up to Euro 7 billion to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 2030 with Paris Climate Agreement.
- Climate Neutral Now (CNN) was launched in 2015. This initiative was launched by the UNFCCC secretariat to increase the climate action by engaging non- Party stakeholders.
About Blue Dart
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman: Sharad Upasani
E-stamping facility to be started by Punjab Government instead of Paper Stamp
- Revenue Minister of Punjab Bram Shanker Jimpa has launched ‘e-stamp facility’.
- The Punjab Government is to abolish the physical stamp papers in an attempt to bring efficiency and check the pilferage of State revenue.
- This facility includes computerised print-out from any stamp vendor or from banks authorised by the State government.
- It was applicable only to a value above Rs 20,000 and will pay a commission of 2% to the stamp vendors.
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
- Speaker: Kultar Singh Sandhwan
- Chief Justice: Ravi Shankar Jha
Turkey to change the official name to ‘Türkiye’, UN agrees
- Recently, United Nations has changed the Republic of Turkey’s name to “Türkiye”.
- Turkey began the move to change its internationally recognised official name in English to Türkiye in December after Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan released a memorandum and asked the public to use Türkiye to describe the country in every language.
- Türkiye is accepted as an umbrella brand in the country.
- Capital: Ankara
- President: Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- Currency: Turkish lira
India and Sweden hosted Industry Transition Dialogue in Sweden
- India and Sweden hosted the Industry Transition Dialogue as a part of the Joint Leadership (LeadIT) in Stockholm.
- This initiative mainly focuses on hard to abate sectors that are key stakeholders in the global climate action and require specific interventions.
- This high-level dialogue has contributed to the UN Conference ‘Stockholm+50’ and set the agenda for COP27 (Climate Change).
- LeadIT initiative was launched by the governments of Sweden and India at the UN Climate Action Summit in 2019 and is supported by the World Economic Forum.
- Japan and South Africa are the latest members of the initiative. The total members of LeadIT are 37 including countries and companies together.
Banking and Financial
SBI General Insurance launched New Health Insurance Vertical
- SBI General Insurance has launched a new health insurance vertical.
- It aims to leverage the expansive footprint and network of its parent company State Bank of India (SBI) to further entrench health insurance penetration in Tier 3 and 4 markets across India.
- It also focuses on new innovative health products, in-house claim settlement process, among others, to boost customer experience.
About SBI General Insurance:
- Founded: 24 February 2009
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Prakash Chandra Kandpal
- Tagline: Suraksha Aur Bharosa Dono
Appointment and Resignation
Govt approved the appointment of A Manimekhalai, Ajay Kumar Srivastava & Swarup Kumar Saha as MDs of UBI, IOB and Punjab & Sind Bank resp.
- Union Bank of India (UBI), Indian Overseas Bank (IOB), and Punjab & Sind Bank got new MDs appointed.
- A Manimekhalai appointed as managing director of Union Bank of India for three years. Canara Bank executive director Manimekhalai replaced Rajkiran Rai G. Manimekhalai becomes the first woman managing director of Union Bank of India.
- Ajay Kumar Srivastava, Executive Director at Indian Overseas Bank, has been appointed MD and CEO of the bank for three years. He will replace Partha Pratim Sengupta.
- Swarup Kumar Saha is appointed as the head of Punjab & Sind Bank. Saha replaced S Krishnan.
List of CEO of Other Banks:
- Bank of Baroda: Sanjiv Chadha
- Bank of India: Atanu Kumar Das
- Central Bank of India: Matam Venkata Rao
- Indian Bank: Shanti Lal Jain
- UCO Bank: Soma Sankara Prasad
Indian American Harini Logan won 2022 Scripps National Spelling Bee
- Harini Logan, a 14-year-old Indian-American eighth-grader from Texas, barely took a breath as she correctly spelled 22 words during a marathon.
- In the first-ever lightning-round tiebreaker, Harini finally claimed the trophy.
- She won USD 50,000 cash prize and Scripps Cup trophy on top of awards from Merriam-Webster and Encyclopedia Britannica.
Meghalaya won Best Project Award at UN World Summit
- Meghalaya’s Planning Department’s key initiative of e-Proposal System, part of Meghalaya Enterprise Architecture (MeghEA) won coveted UN Award – World Summit on the Information Society Forum (WSIS) Prizes 2022at Geneva in Switzerland.
- Secretary General of ITU, Houlin Zhao presented the winner award to Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma in the WSIS Forum Prizes 2022, held at Geneva, Switzerland.
- Meghalaya was declared as the best project in the category and MeghEA is the only project from India to win the Winner Award this year. MeghEA project is being implemented by Planning Department, Government of Meghalaya.
- Capital: Shillong
- Governor: Satya Pal Malik
- Chief minister: Conrad Sangma
IAF signed MoU with the UT of Chandigarh to set up IAF Heritage Centre
- An MoU between the Union Territory of Chandigarh and the IAF was signed to set up ‘IAF Heritage Centre’ to showcase the role of the Indian Air Force in various wars.
- The ‘IAF Heritage Centre’ is to be set up jointly by IAF and Chandigarh administration.
About Indian Air Force:
- Founded: 08th October 1932
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chief of Air Staff: Vivek Ram Chaudhari
S Somanath inaugurated ANANTH Technologies’ spacecraft manufacturing facility in Karnataka
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) chairman, Dr S Somanath, has inaugurated ANANTH Technologies’ spacecraft manufacturing unit at Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB) Aerospace Park.
- The new state-of-the-art spacecraft manufacturing facility can conduct assembly integration and testing of four large spacecraft
- This is a first of its kind facility in India, adding that since its establishment in 1992, Ananth Technologies has contributed to the manufacturing of 89 satellites and 69 launch vehicles built/launched by ISRO.
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Chairman: S Somanath
Iga Swiatek won women’s singles title at French Open 2022
- Iga Swiatek, the No. 1 seed from Poland, won women’s singles title at French Open 2022, by defeating Coco Gauff of the United States, 6-1, 6-3.
- It was her second French Open title, and she dropped just one set en route, in the fourth round to Qinwen Zheng.
- With the win, Świątek extended her winning streak to 35 matches (dating back to the Qatar Open in February), equalling Venus Williams’ tally from the 2000 season. Świątek also became the youngest winner of multiple majors since Maria Sharapova in 2006.
5 June: World Environment Day
- World Environment Day is celebrated every year all over the world on 5th June. This year 50th World Environment Day is being celebrated. Sweden is the host for this year.
- The main objective of the day is to raise awareness about protecting the environment and to remind people not to take nature granted. This day is organised by United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
- Theme 2022: ‘Only One Earth’
4 June: International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression
- United Nations (UN) observes the International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression on June 4th every year to raise awareness of the children who have been victims of physical, mental, and emotional abuse around the world.
- The very first International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression was observed on August 19, 1982. At the time, the day was focused on victims of the Lebanon War.
- In 1982 Lebanon war, Israel’s forces invaded southern Lebanon after repeated attacks and counterattacks between Palestine Liberation Organisation and Israel Defense Forces (IDF). The invasion was carried out after the assassination attempt of Israeli ambassador.
Freedom fighter Anjalai Ponnusamy passed away
- Freedom fighter Anjalai Ponnusamy, who fought for India’s independence from colonial Britain, died, aged 102.
- At the age of 21, Anjalai joined the Rani of Jhansi Regiment, the women’s regiment of the Indian National Army.
Santoor maestro Bhajan Sopori passed away
- Santoor maestro Bhajan Sopori has passed away. He was 73.
- The santoor player was born in Sopore in Kashmir Valley in 1948. He belonged to the Sufiana Gharana of Indian classical music.
- He was the great-grandson of Pandit Shankar Pandit, who had developed the style popularly known as the ‘Sufi Baaj’ (style), based on Sufiana Qalam and Hindustani Classical music.
- ‘Saint of the Santoor’
- ‘King of Strings’
- Sangeet Natak Akademi Award (1992)
- Padma Shri (2004)
- Baba Allaudin Khan Award (2011)
- M N Mathur award (2011)
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs