Daily GK Update 1 March 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Kushinagar gets DGCA clearance, becomes third international airport in UP
- Union minister Hardeep Singh Puri announced that Uttar Pradesh got its third international airport in the form of Kushinagar.
- Kushinagar Airport gets necessary clearances from DGCA to become 3rd licensed international airport of UP. Will boost tourism in the region & facilitate travel on Buddhist circuit by providing direct aviation connectivity to the city where Lord Buddha attained Mahaparinirvana.
Banking & Financial
♦GST Collections for Feb 2021: Rs 1,13,143 crore, 7% up vs Feb 2020
- The gross GST revenue collected in the month of February 2021 is ₹ 1,13,143 crore of which CGST is ₹ 21,092 crore, SGST is ₹ 27,273 crore, IGST is ₹ 55,253 crore (including ₹ 24,382 crore collected on import of goods) and Cess is ₹ 9,525 crore (including ₹ 660 crore collected on import of goods).
Note: List of GST Collection previous months
- January 2021: ₹ 1,19,847 crore(All time Highest)
- December- Rs 1,15,174 crore (All time Highest)
- Novemeber: ₹1.04 lakh crore
- October 2020: ₹ 1,05,155crore
♦Fino Payments Bank upgraded to scheduled commercial bank status
- Reserve Bank of India has notified that it has included Fino Payments Bank in the Second Schedule of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
- All banks which are included in the Second Schedule to the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 are Scheduled Banks. These banks comprise Scheduled Commercial Banks and Scheduled Co-operative Banks.
Note: About Fino Payments Bank
- Chairman: Prof Mahendra Kumar Chouhan.
- Established: 13 July 2006.
- MD & CEO: Rishi Gupta.
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
♦Tenure of Pramod Chandra Mody as CBDT Chairman extended for 3 months
- The re-appointment of Pramod Chandra Mody as Chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has been extended for a further period of three months with effect from March 1, 2021, to May 31, 2021.
- Mody is a 1982-batch Indian Revenue Service officer, was appointed as the CBDT chief in February 2019.
Note: List of Chairman of Important Organisation
- SIDBI- Mohammad Mustafa
- SEBI- Ajay Tyagi
- NABARD- Chintala Govinda Rajulu
- NHRC- H.L Dattu
- ISRO- K.Sivan
- UIDAI- Pankaj Kumar
- FICCI (President)- Uday Shankar
♦Vinesh Phogat wins gold in wrestling tournament in Kiev, Ukraine
- India’s Vinesh Phogat on February 28, 2021 defeated V. Kaladzinskay of Belarus in the final to win gold in women’s 53 kg freestyle at the Outstanding Ukrainian Wrestlers and Coaches Memorial tournament at Kiev, Ukraine.
- Since the coronavirus halted all competitions last year, it was the first competition for Vinesh, who is the only Indian woman wrestler to have qualified for the Tokyo Games.
♦Deepak Kumar wins silver at boxing tournament in Sofia, Bulgaria
- Deepak Kumar’s fantastic run at the 72nd Strandja Memorial boxing tournament in Sofia, Bulgaria ended with a silver medal, after he lost the flyweight (52kg) final on a split verdict to Bulgaria’s Daniel Asenov, on February 27, 2021.
- Deepak, an Asian silver-winner, was up against Bulgaria’s Daniel Asenov, a two-time European championships gold-medallist.
♦India describes Sri Lanka as “Priority One” partner in the defence sphere
- India on February 28, 2021 described Sri Lanka as “Priority One” partner in the defence sphere and said the participation of its military aircraft in the 70th anniversary celebration of the Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF) is indicative of the growing cooperation, camaraderie and friendship between the two militaries.
- The SLAF is celebrating its 70th Anniversary on March 2.
Note: About Sri Lanka
- Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- President: Gotabaya Rajapaksa
- Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
Book and Author
♦A book titled “Advantage India: The Story of Indian Tennis” by Anindya Dutta
- Anindya Dutta, a banker turned author, penned a new book titled “Advantage India: The Story of Indian Tennis”, a chronicle of Indian Tennis.
- Advantage India is a well-researched account of the journey of Indian tennis, with a special section on the Doubles game and on women’s tennis in India. The book is published by Westland publications.
♦1 March-Zero Discrimination Day 2021
- On Zero Discrimination Day this year celebrated on 1st March 2021, UNAIDS is challenging the discrimination faced by women and girls in all their diversity and raising awareness and mobilizing action to promote equality and empowerment for women and girls.
- Theme 2021: “Zero Discrimination against Women and Girls.”
♦27th Feb: National Protein Day
- In India, February 27th is celebrated as the National Protein Day, to create awareness about protein deficiency and encourage people to include this macronutrient in their diet.
- The day was launched by the ‘Right to Protein’, a national-level public health initiative on February 27, 2020.The second year for this nutritional awareness milestone in India by ‘Right to Protein’.
- Theme 2021: “Powering with Plant Protein”.
♦1st March: World Civil Defence Day
- World Civil Defence Day is observed on March 1 annually, across the world. This day was integrated by the International Civil Defence Organisation (ICDO) in 1990.
- Civil Defence Day symbolizes honour and prestige and signifies the importance of civil protection.
- Theme 2021: Civil Defence and the first aider in every home
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|