Daily GK Update 10 March 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦MeitY released the list of “Digital Payment Scorecard”
- The Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) has released the list of “Digital Payment Scorecard”. In the list, the State Bank of India (SBI) has topped for the third consecutive months.
- The digital payment scorecard tracks the performance of the Commercial Banks on several digital parameters. SBI maintained the top remitter bank by recording highest UPI transaction volume which accounted for nearly Rupees 640 million. SBI has also emerged as the largest issuer of debit cards.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Switzerland Bans Full Face Coverings in Public Places
- Switzerland has voted on March 7, 2021 in favour of the proposal to ban the full facial coverings such as burqa and niqab in almost all the public places. This controversial proposal was passed following a public referendum which was supported by around 51.21 percent of voters.
- This proposal of banning the full-face coverings in public was tabled by groups like right-wing Swiss People’s Party.
Note: About Switzerland
- Currency: Swiss franc
- Capital: Bern
♦Tirath Singh Rawat sworn in as new Chief Minister of Uttarakhand
- Tirath Singh Rawat was sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Uttarakhand 9th March a day after the resignation of Trivendra Singh Rawat. His name was announced by outgoing chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat after the legislature party meeting, which lasted around 30 minutes.
- Rawat is a BJP MP and was the party chief in Uttarakhand in 2013-15 and also an MLA from the state in the past. Tirath Singh Rawat was the first education minister of the newly formed state Uttarakhand.
Note: About Uttarakhand
- Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
- Capitals: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
♦President Ram Nath Kovind presents Baton of Honor to Kiran Bedi
- President Ram Nath Kovind presented a baton of honour and a letter of appreciation to former Puducherry Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi at Rashtrapati Bhavan on Monday. The appreciation letter recognised Bedi’s service in Puducherry.
- Bedi was removed as the Lieutenant Governor of the union territory on February 16, days after then CM V Narayanasamy urged the President to recall her.
♦Telangana Governor among Top 20 Global Women of Excellence Award 2020
- Governor Dr Tamilisai Soundararajan has been selected for the prestigious Top-20 Global Women of Excellence award for 2020.
- The international award is given by the Multi Ethnic Advisory Task Force, Illinois headed by US Congressman Danny K. Davis. The award jury appreciated the efforts of Dr Soundararajan in making a difference to society through her efforts in fighting for the women’s rights and gender-equality and empowerment.
Note: About Telangana
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
♦Koneru Humpy is BBC’s Indian sportswoman of the year
- World rapid chess champion Koneru Humpy has won the BBC Indian Sportswoman-of-the-Year award. BBC director-general Tim Davie, hosting the virtual awards ceremony. The Lifetime Achievement award went to veteran athlete Anju Bobby George.
- English cricket star Ben Stokes announced the 19-year-old Indian Shooter, Manu Bhaker as the winner of the Emerging Player-of-the-Year award category.
♦FIAF Award 2021: Amitabh Bachchan to be honoured
- The International Federation of Film Archives (FIAF) and worldwide organisation of film archives and museums from across the globe will confer the prestigious 2021 FIAF Award to Amitabh Bachchan at a virtual showcase on March 19, 2021.
- Amitabh Bachchan was nominated for the award by the FIAF affiliate Film Heritage Foundation which is a not-for-profit organisation founded by Shivendra Singh Dungarpur a filmmaker & archivist. This foundation is dedicated to preserve, restore, document, exhibit and study the film heritage of India.
Note: About FIAF
- Founded: 17 June 1938
- Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium
♦Third Scorpene submarine INS Karanj commissioned into service
- The Indian Navy has inducted into service the third Scorpene-class conventional diesel-electric submarine called INS Karanj on March 10, 2021.
- The watercraft called INS Karanj was commissioned by the former Navy Chief, Admiral V.S. Shekhawat. He was the Commanding Officer of previous version of the INS Karanj during 1971 India-Pakistan War.
- About Mission: INS Karanj is the part of Six Scorpene submarines which are being built under Project-75. It was built by Mazagon Dock Limited which has also taken up the other projects.
- Under the project-75, the first submarine of the class called INS Kalvari was commissioned in the month of December, 2017. The second submarine called INS Khanderi was commissioned in the month of September, 2019. The fourth submarine INS Vela was launched in May, 2019. In the month of November 2020, the fifth submarine called Vagir was commissioned.
♦10 March – CISF Raising Day
- The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) Raising Day is observed every year on 10 March. The CISF was set up in 1969 under the act of the Parliament of India. It works under the Union Ministry of Home Affairs and its headquarter is in New Delhi.
- This organization works for seaways, airways, and some of the major installations in India. There are some reserved battalions in the CISF which work with the state police to protect law and orders.
♦10 March – No Smoking Day (Second Wednesday of March)
- No Smoking Day is observed every year on the second Wednesday of March to raise awareness about the harmful health effects of tobacco via smoking and to encourage people all over the world to quit smoking.
- The movement for raising awareness against smoking and dedicating a day for the same started in United Kingdom in 1984.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|