Daily GK Update 10 Dec 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Lakshadweep declared 100% Organic
- The Union Territory of Lakshadweep has been declared as Organic Agricultural Area by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer’s welfare. The UT is second after Sikkim to achieve the status of 100% organic region. It is first in the Union Territories of India to achieve the status.
- Lakshadweep has been separated from the main stream India geographically. There has been no shipment of chemicals and fertilizers to the island group for the last 15 years.
- About Organic Farming: It is technique that involves cultivation of plants and rearing animals in natural ways. It avoids use of synthetic substances to prevent soil fertility and ecological balances. By this, organic farming aims to minimize wastages and pollution. It involves biological methods.
International (Current affairs)
♦Forbes names Sitharaman as world’s 41st most powerful woman, Roshni Nadar Malhotra, Mazumdar-Shaw in top 100
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is among the Forbes’ ranking of 100 most powerful women in the world. FM Sitharaman is ranked 41st, and other Indians in the list include HCL Corporation CEO and Executive Director Roshni Nadar Malhotra (55th Rank) and Biocon Founder Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel grabbed the No. 1 slot for the 10th consecutive year.
|1||Angela Merkel||Chancellor, Germany|
|2||Christine Lagarde||President, European Central Bank|
|3||Kamala Harris||Vice President-elect, United States|
|41||Nirmala Sitharaman||Finance Minister of India|
|68||Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw||Founder, Chair and Managing Director, Biocon Ltd.|
♦World Economic Forum 2021 to be held in Singapore
- The World Economic Forum (WEF) has decided to host its 2021 annual meeting in Singapore, which earlier was scheduled to take place in Lucerne-Burgenstock, Switzerland from 13-16 May 2021.
- The decision to shift the annual forum from Switzerland has been taken in view of the Covid-19 situation in Europe.
Note: World Economic Forum
- Headquarters: Cologny, Switzerland.
- Founder: Klaus Schwab.
- Founded: January 1971.
Banking & Financial
♦ADB to provide USD 300 mn loan for primary health care in urban areas
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) on 8th Dec. it has approved USD 300 million (about Rs 2,200 crore) loan to strengthen and improve access to comprehensive primary health care in urban areas in India.
- “The program will benefit an estimated 256 million urban residents, including 51 million from the slum areas of Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, and West Bengal.
List of Loan approved by ADB 2020
- $177 million-To upgrade 450 kilometers (km) of state highways Maharashtra
- $346 million-Provide reliable power connection in rural areas of Maharashtra.
- $60 million-Aavas Financiers Ltd, to improve access to housing finance for lower-income borrowers, particularly women.
- $1 billion- loan for construction of Delhi-Meerut RRTS
- $100 million-Indian infrastructure sector through the government-promoted NIIF.
- $300 million– Develop Rajasthan’s towns
- $270 million– Madhya Pradesh Urban Services Improvement Project
- $50 million -Improve resource planning in West Bengal
- $190 million – Modernisation and upgradation of power distribution system in Karnataka’s capital city of Bengaluru.
♦ADB cuts India’s contraction projection to 8% for FY21, recovery faster than expected
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) on 10th Dec upgraded its forecast for the Indian economy, projecting 8 per cent contraction in 2020-21 as compared to 9 per cent degrowth estimated earlier, on the back of faster than expected recovery.
- Growth will return in 2021-22, at 7.2 per cent in South Asia and 8 per cent in India.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- Fitch: (-) 9.4%
- S&P- (-) 9%
- Care Rating: (-)8%
- FICCI: (-)4.5%
- ADB– (-)8%
- IMF- (-)10.3%
- OECD- (-)9.9%
- RBI- (-)7.5%
- SBI– (-)10%
♦BoB launches Atmanirbhar Women Gold Scheme
- Bank of Baroda (BoB) has recently launched the Atmanirbhar Women Scheme as part of its Baroda Gold Loan.
- Aims: This scheme aims to target the self-reliant woman in India. Under the scheme, the bank is offering loans at 0.50 per cent concession for women. The bank under the gold loan scheme is offering agri-gold loan at 0.25 per cent concession and for a retail loan at 0.50 per cent concession.
♦Zena Wooldridge Elected As World Squash Federation President
- Zena Wooldridge from England has been elected as the World Squash Federation President. She will become the 10th WSF President to serve since the Federation’s inception in 1967.
- The is the second female President after New Zealand’s Susie Simcock. She replaces outgoing President Jacques Fontaine, from France.
♦Madagascar replaces the Maldives as host of 2023 Indian Ocean Island Games
- Madagascar has replaced the Maldives as the host of the 2023 Indian Ocean Island Games due to concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The event had been awarded to the Maldives last year, but members of the Indian Ocean Island Games Federation voted to move the Games to Madagascar. The Maldives had requested pushing back the 2023 Games to 2025.
♦December 10: Human Rights Day
- Every year Human Rights Day is celebrated on December 10. It is also called the International Human Rights Day. The day was chosen to honour the United Nations General Assembly adoption of Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- The United Nations Prize in the field of Human Rights is awarded on the Human Rights Day.
- Theme 2020: Recover Better-Stand Up for Human Rights
♦Dance pioneer Astad Deboo passes away
- Contemporary Indian dancer Astad Deboo, renowned for marrying Kathak and Kathakali into a unique form, passed away on 10th Dec. He was 73.
- Deboo is noted for creating a modern dance vocabulary that was uniquely Indian.He was also a recipient of the Padma Shri in 2007.
♦Italy’s World Cup hero Paolo Rossi dies aged 64
- Paolo Rossi, Italy’s goalscoring hero from their victorious 1982 World Cup campaign, has died from “an incurable disease”, aged 64. His death comes with the football world still in mourning for Argentina icon Diego Maradona, who passed away late last month.
- Rossi won two Serie A titles, a European Cup and a Coppa Italia with Juventus but will be most fondly remembered for his six goals at the 1982 World Cup in Spain.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|