Daily GK Update 12th , 13th March 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 12th March & 13th March: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦NTPC ready to India’s largest floating solar power plant at Ramagundam by May 2021
- NTPC Southern Region, which is in the process of implementing about 450 MW of solar capacity, is all set to commission about 217 MW floating solar capacity, including one of the largest floating solar power plant of 100 MW at Ramagundam by May this year.
- “These floating solar projects are coming up at Ramagundam power project (100 MW), which will be single location largest floating solar plant in the country as of now; 92 MW floating unit at Kayamkulam gas plant in Kerala and a 25 MW unit at Simhadri power plant. In addition, we are setting up a 230 MW ground mounted solar power plant in Ettayapuram near Tuticorin in Tamil Nadu by next year.
Note: About NTPC
- Founded: 1975
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Chairman and managing director: Gurdeep Singh
♦PM inaugurates Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav from Sabarmati Ashram, Ahmedabad
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the ‘Padyatra’ (Freedom March) from Sabarmati Ashram, Ahmedabad to re-enact Mahatma Gandhi’s Dandi Yatra. and inaugurated the curtain raiser activities of the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ (India@75) on March 12, 2021.
- The Prime Minister stated that the launch of the ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’ 75 weeks before 15 August 2022 will continue till 15 August, 2023.
♦Govt launches Mera Ration Mobile App
- In order to facilitate the ‘One Nation-One Ration Card’ system in the country, the government has launched ‘Mera Ration’ mobile app to benefit citizens in identifying the nearest fair price shop. This app will benefit especially those ration card holders who move to new areas for livelihoods.
- The app is developed by the government in association with NIC “to facilitate various “One Nation-One Ration Card” related services among the National Food Security Act (NFSA) beneficiaries, particularly migrant beneficiaries, fair price shop dealers and other relevant stakeholders.
♦Govt to launch “Atmanirbhar Niveshak Mitra Portal”
- The commerce and industry ministry has stated that the central government is working to develop a portal called “Atmanirbhar Niveshak Mitra Portal” for information dissemination, hand-holding, and facilitation of domestic investors.
- The portal Atmanirbhar Niveshak Mitra is currently is in the testing phase. It will be launched by May 1, 2021. This portal is being developed in order to strengthen efforts to promote domestic investments. It is being developed by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
- Aims: The portal will help in providing daily updates on several things including the policies and new initiatives by the central and state governments, information regarding the approvals, licenses, clearances several schemes & incentives. It will also be providing information regarding the manufacturing clusters and land availability.
International (Current Affairs)
♦PMs India, Australia, Japan & US President participate in 1st Quad Leaders’ Summit
- The First Quad Leaders’ Summit was held virtually on March 12, 2021. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of Australia, Scott Morrison, Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga and US President Joseph R. Biden participated in the Summit.
- The four countries plan to establish a series of working groups that will focus on climate change; critical and emerging technologies, including working to set technology standards and norms and jointly developing some of the critical technologies of the future.
Banking & Financial
♦NITI Aayog submits first list of 12 PSUs for Privatisation
- The government’s think tank, NITI Aayog has submitted the first list comprising of 12 Public Sector Undertakings that will be privatized under the centre’s privatisation drive.
- The list submitted by the NITI Aayog includes the PSUs in strategic sectors. This list will now be reviewed by Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM) and Core Group of Secretaries on Divestment (CGD) which is headed by cabinet secretary.
- Centre wants to keep a “bare minimum” presence, comprise power, petroleum, coal, and other minerals, atomic energy, space, defence, banking, insurance, and financial services, transport and telecommunications.
Note: About NITI Aayog
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- CEO: Amitabh Kant
♦20 winners of Sahitya Akademi Award 2020
- The 2020 winners’ list includes seven books of poetry, four novels, five short stories, two plays, and one each of memoirs and epic poetry in 20 Indian languages. The awards for Malayalam, Nepali, Odia and Rajasthani will be announced later.
|English||Arundhathi Subramaniam||“When God is a Traveller” (poetry)|
|Telgu||Nikhileswar||Agniswaasa (2015-17) (Poetry)|
|Kannada||M Veerappa Moily||“Sri Bahubali Ahimsa Digvijayam” (poetry)|
|Gujarati||Harish Meenakshi||Banaras DaPoetry Category|
|Konkani||RS Bhaskar||Poetry Category|
|Manipuri||Irungbam Deven||Poetry Category|
|Santali||Rupchand Hansda||Poetry Category|
|Marathi||Nanda Khare||“Novel Category”|
|Sanskrit||Mahesh Chandra Sharma Gautam||“Novel Category”|
|Assamese||Apurba Kumar Saikia||short stories|
|Kashmiri||Hiday Koul Bharti||short stories|
|Bodo||Dharanidhar Owari||short stories|
|Punjabi||Gurdev Singh Rupana||short stories|
|Maithili||Kamakant Jha||short stories|
|Marathi||Nanda Khare||Udya (Novel)|
|Sindhi||Jetho Lalwani||Jehad (Plays)|
|Urdu||Hussain-ul-haque||Amawas main khwab (Novel)|
♦Thomas Bach re-elected as IOC president until 2025
- International Olympic Committee (IOC) President Thomas Bach was on 10th March re-elected for an additional four-year term.
- Tokyo Olympics are set to take place from July 23-August 8 this year. The Games were scheduled to go-ahead last year but had to be postponed due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Note: About IOC
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- Founded: 23 June 1894
- Director General: Christophe De Kepper
♦GoI appoints Dr. GP Samanta as new Chief Statistician of India
- The Central Government has appointed Dr G P Samanta as the new Chief Statistician of India (CSI) for a period of two years.
- He is India’s fourth CSI. He will replace Kshatrapati Shivaji who was holding an additional charge of the post since September 2020. Currently, Dr Samanta was serving as an adviser in the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) Department Of Statistics and Information Management.
♦Mithali Raj 1st Indian woman cricketer to score 10,000 international runs
- The veteran Indian women’s cricketer Mithali Raj has become the first Indian woman cricketer that has completed 10,000 international runs in all the cricket formats. She also become the second woman cricketer at the international level to complete 10000 runs.
- Mithali Raj leads the One Day International (ODI) team of India has joined the Charlotte Edwards of England in elite club.
♦Fugaku World’s most Powerful Supercomputer
- The Japanese scientific research institute called RIKEN and Fujitsu started developing the “Fugaku” six years ago. It is the world’s most powerful supercomputers. Now this supercomputer is fully ready and developed in Japan and is now available for the research use.
- This supercomputer has been developed with the aim of making the device core of the computing infrastructure of Japan. Then the supercomputer was tested for the particular projects in order to combat COVID-19 pandemic in April 2020. Now the Fugaku is fully open and available for shared use.
The Research Organization for the Information Science and Technology (RIST) of Japan has selected some 74 projects which will use this supercomputer in the financial year 2021. RIST has also proposed for the development of the new projects in several categories and has invited the researchers who are interested to apply for the same.
♦11th March: World Kidney Day
- World Kidney Day is observed globally on the second Thursday of March every year. This year World Kidney Day is observed on 11th March 2021.
- World Kidney Day aims to raise awareness of the importance of our kidneys to our overall health and to reduce the frequency and impact of kidney disease and its associated health problems worldwide.
- Theme 2021: “Living Well with Kidney Disease”.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|