Daily GK Update: 14 April 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Ministry of Tourism launches its “DekhoApnaDesh” webinar series on April 14
- COVID-19 has had a major impact on all human life and not just in India but globally. Tourism as a sector is naturally hugely impacted with no movement happening either domestically or from across the border.
- But owing to technology, it is possible to visit places and destinations virtually and plan our travels for a later date. In these unprecedented times, technology is coming handy to maintain human contact and also keep faith that times will be good to be able to travel again soon.
- Keeping this in view, the Ministry of Tourism has launched its “DekhoApnaDesh” webinar series on April 14 to provide information on the many destinations and the sheer depth and expanse of the culture and heritage of our Incredible India.
Banking and Financial
♦IMF projects India’s growth rate at 1.9% in 2020
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) further slashed India’s growth estimate for FY21 to 1.9% from 5.8% estimated in January, warning that the “worst recession since the Great Depression” will dwarf the economic damage caused by the global financial crisis a decade back.
- India’s growth is seen recovering sharply to 7.4% in the next fiscal year. The IMF sees India’s FY20 growth at 4.2%, down from 4.8% estimated in January.
- China, where the coronavirus outbreak began, is seen growing 1.2% in 2020 and 9.2% in 2021.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- India Ratings & Research-3.5%
- Goldman Sachs-1.6%
- ADB– 4%
- UN- 4.8%
♦Yes Bank extends bancassurance tie-up with Max Life Insurance for 5 years
- Private sector life insurer Max Life Insurance on 13th April said Yes Bank has extended the bancassurance partnership for next 5 years. Under the partnership, the products of the life insurer would be sold through the branches of Yes Bank.
- Building on the 15-year partnership, the two firms remain committed to offering their customers a broad range of need-based products and services, deploying technology across the customer value chain to further enhance efficiencies and leveraging existing ecosystems to facilitate superior experiences for their customers.
Note: About Max Life Insurance
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
- Founder: Analjit Singh
- Founded: 2000
♦World Bank releases “South Asia Economic Focus” report
- The global coronavirus pandemic will hit South Asia very hard and the significant gains made in poverty alleviation in the region are likely to be wiped out due to the impact of the deadly disease, the World Bank warned on 12th April.
- In its twice-a-year regional update, the bank said that South Asian governments must ramp up action to curb the health emergency, protect their people, especially the poorest and most vulnerable, and set the stage for fast economic recovery.
- The report for the first time presents a range of forecast, estimating that regional growth will fall to a range between 1.8 and 2.8 per cent in 2020, down from 6.3 per cent projected six months ago.
Note: About World Bank
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Membership: 189 countries (IBRD); 173 countries (IDA)
- Founded: 1944
♦Birupaksha Mishra takes charge as director at Union Bank of India
- State-run Union Bank of India on 12th April said Birupaksha Mishra has taken over the charge as its fourth executive director. Prior to this, Mishra was executive director at erstwhile Corporation Bank, which along with Andhra Bank got amalgamated with Union Bank from April 1.
- Union Bank already has three executive directors- G S Gusain, Dinesh K Garg and Manas R Biswal.
Note: Union Bank of India
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- MD/CEO- Rajkiran Rai G.
- Tagline: Good people to bank with
♦India to host Asian Boxing Championship in November-December
- The national sports federation has announced on 13th April that it will host the Asian Boxing Championships for men and women in November-December this year.
- The tournament will be held in November-December and the host city will be finalized after things normalize,” Boxing Federation of India’s (BFI) Executive Director R K Sacheti told media.
♦Former Pakistani cricketer Zafar Sarfraz dies of coronavirus
- Former Pakistani first-class cricketer Zafar Sarfraz became the first professional player in the country to die after contracting the novel coronavirus.
- The 50-year-old first fell ill earlier this month and was put on a ventilator at a hospital in Peshawar after his condition deteriorated.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here